Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Just check out these headlines

Wife crashes her own funeral, horrifying her husband, who had paid to have her killed

quote:

“Is it my eyes?” she recalled him saying. “Is it a ghost?”

“Surprise! I’m still alive!” she replied.

Far from being elated, the man looked terrified. Five days earlier, he had ordered a team of hit men to kill Rukundo, his partner of 10 years. And they did — well, they told him they did. They even got him to pay an extra few thousand dollars for carrying out the crime.

Speed Dating for Rabbits

quote:

Moo hopped tentatively toward Tonya, and another Sunday session of speed dating for rabbits was underway at the city animal shelter in East Harlem.

Rabbits might seem the last species on earth that would require human-supervised dating.

But this was not mating dating. This was something much trickier.

Moo was looking for a roommate.

Chicago Officer, Citing Emotional Trauma, Sues Estate of Teenager He Fatally Shot

quote:

The Chicago police officer who fatally shot a black 19-year-old and an unarmed bystander in December has filed a lawsuit seeking more than $10 million in damages from the teenager’s estate, an unusual legal approach based on a claim that the young man’s actions leading up to the gunfire were “atrocious” and have caused the officer “extreme emotional trauma.”

Ohio governor John Kasich pledges to reunite Pink Floyd

quote:

Ohio governor John Kasich has pledged to reunite Pink Floyd if he’s ever made president. Forget climate change, inequality and Islamic State: the Republican presidential hopeful is making a reunion between Roger Waters and David Gilmour one of his priorities. In an interview with CNN, he set out his case.

“Roger Waters is a remarkable artist,” he said. “I saw The Wall in Pittsburgh; it was absolutely incredible. And if I’m president, I am going to once and for all try to reunite Pink Floyd to come together and play a couple of songs.”

also this lady

do you guys think this has anything to do with the berenstein bears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Guess I'm voting for Kasich. With Rick Wright dead, we can finally get a The Final Cut tour.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Yes OP, I agree with you.

The other day at the beginning of the ABC Republican debate, Ben Carson had some sort of mental lapse and got stuck in the hallway instead of walking out to the podium. Donald Trump also became confused and decided to hang out with Ben Carson in the hallway instead of going to the podium.

The pundits or whatever got so flustered they completely forgot to announce the candidate who's the governor of Ohio, what's his name (Kasich) and the whole thing felt like one big Onion article.

Here's a nice vid of the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uafScAiaC44

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

lmao

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I remember when "Citizen's United" passed, the Onion's article was 100% accurate and only a joke at the end.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 8, 2016

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Idiocracy was documentary not a comedy

fart

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Macasaurus posted:

fart

HOLY poo poo I think this all the time! That loving movie was supposed to be satire, not some sort of prophecy. We are two steps away from our Wrestlemania president watering our crops with Gatorade.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Macasaurus posted:

its becoming a cliche to say that at this point but its still true

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Things are getting weird. I half wonder if Cthulhu is about to dream himself into existence.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

its becoming a cliche to say that at this point but its still true

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lt. Tanaka posted:

HOLY poo poo I think this all the time! That loving movie was supposed to be satire, not some sort of prophecy. We are two steps away from our Wrestlemania president watering our crops with Gatorade.

Trump isn't going to push us directly into Idiocracy's timeline but you can bet for damned sure that his inauguration is Year 0 on it

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Animal-Mother posted:

Things are getting weird. I half wonder if Cthulhu is about to dream himself into existence.

Fingers loving crossed

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the whole world got real stupid like 5 years ago and it's taken this long for people to slowly catch on lol

if everyone gets dumber simultaneously it's harder to notice i guess

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Yes OP, I agree with you.

The other day at the beginning of the ABC Republican debate, Ben Carson had some sort of mental lapse and got stuck in the hallway instead of walking out to the podium. Donald Trump also became confused and decided to hang out with Ben Carson in the hallway instead of going to the podium.

The pundits or whatever got so flustered they completely forgot to announce the candidate who's the governor of Ohio, what's his name (Kasich) and the whole thing felt like one big Onion article.

Here's a nice vid of the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uafScAiaC44

Holy poo poo that was amazing. Jeb Bush is such a fuckin weirdo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kinda why I stopped reading the onion really

You can't parody reality anymore

We live in a cartoon

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

Kinda why I stopped reading the onion really

You can't parody reality anymore

We live in a cartoon

I'm p sure this is the reason Jon Stewart quit the daily show. Shits so hosed up now that trying to cope with humor isn't working and trying to keep laughing was killing him.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I blame 9/11.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand the last part, President Trump will be the greatest president since Jefferson.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Trump isn't going to push us directly into Idiocracy's timeline but you can bet for damned sure that his inauguration is Year 0 on it

I won't be surprised if he announces Jesse Ventura as his running mate.

There was another weird Onion moment in the Republican ABC debate. It was when the fat guy Chris Christie seemed to short circuit the android looking candidate Marco Rubio, and he repeated the same line 3 or 4 times. I almost expected him to start smoking and his eyes to glow red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdY-t4MRqxw

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
You're only 15 years late to the party OP.

http://www.theonion.com/article/bush-our-long-national-nightmare-of-peace-and-pros-464

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lt. Tanaka posted:

I won't be surprised if he announces Jesse Ventura as his running mate.

There was another weird Onion moment in the Republican ABC debate. It was when the fat guy Chris Christie seemed to short circuit the android looking candidate Marco Rubio, and he repeated the same line 3 or 4 times. I almost expected him to start smoking and his eyes to glow red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdY-t4MRqxw

What the hell

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

"One gulf war level armed conflict." Lol, that 90s optimism.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

The loving balls on this guy holy poo poo

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
its about time some of yall leave there arent enough layers for all of us please

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Mr. Unlucky posted:

the whole world got real stupid like 5 years ago and it's taken this long for people to slowly catch on lol

No way, I've been playing brain training games and I am now a genious.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Mr. Unlucky posted:

lemme guess that's righat about when you turned 30

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

lemme guess that's righat about when you turned 30

Don't be such a oval office.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
life is parody of itself, laugh

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
yeah it's p great. turns out the end of the world is silly as gently caress. we live in a goddamned cartoon.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
life is like a bag of funyuns, you know what your gonna get. a funyun.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
when I was a kid I thought that generally the people in charge knew what they were doing and acted in a moral/ethical manner as best they could. Mistakes get made, not everyone is perfect, some people are incompetent/evil, but generally things were okay.

Around 15-16 the cracks started to show (man the Bush administration was stupid as gently caress) but a few years later and yeah wow there just needs to be an AI dictator or something because my loving god half the country is drinking lead water and loving it and the other half is too brain damaged already to know the difference.

All in the pursuit of money which ultimately is only good as a medium of exchanging goods. It's not a good thing to have a ton of money in of itself. It's not good that nuclear power is clearly the best option going into the future but no one wants to build nuke plants because the capital investment is too large. This cult of capitalism we have created where an economic system is supposed to solve all our ills, whether monetary or moral, is loving disgusting.

So idk is it that everything just got that much dumber or is it just that I got older?

FishionMailed fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 8, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

FishionMailed posted:

when I was a kid I thought that generally the people in charge knew what they were doing and acted in a moral/ethical manner as best they could. Mistakes get made, not everyone is perfect, some people are incompetent/evil, but generally things were okay.

Around 15-16 the cracks started to show (man the Bush administration was stupid as gently caress) but a few years later and yeah wow there just needs to be an AI dictator or something because my loving god half the country is drinking lead water and loving it and the other half is too brain damaged already to know the difference.

All in the pursuit of money which ultimately is only good as a medium of exchanging goods. It's not a good thing to have a ton of money in of itself. It's not good that nuclear power is clearly the best option going into the future but no one wants to build nuke plants because the capital investment is too large. This cult of capitalism we have created where an economic system is supposed to solve all our ills, whether monetary or moral, is loving disgusting.

So idk is it that everything just got that much dumber or is it just that I got older?

As a child you were slightly more naive than you are now, nothing has changed. Go post a pic of yourself in the millenials. jpg thread while you're here.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FishionMailed posted:

nothing has changed, politics have been like this since the beginning of time you just notice it more being older, also more proliferic access to information (and instant videos of basically everything) that isn't quite as controlled as it was than say during McCarthyism era when you might be thrown in jail or such..

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Xaris posted:

nothing has changed, politics have been like this since the beginning of time you just notice it more being older, also more proliferic access to information (and instant videos of basically everything) that isn't quite as controlled as it was than say during McCarthyism era when you might be thrown in jail or such..

I think you're right. I think it's pretty cool that we're living in a time where there is social media like that, too. Sure, there's dumb gently caress social media people. But, if someone does some hosed up poo poo they can get put on blast by millions of people. I bet you if Martin Shkreli did his poo poo in the 80s no one would have really cared beyond the patients/doctors/hospitals immediately effected but today he livestreams himself for the whole country to poo poo on. I hope people start to care more about politics and/or they start giving politicians and CEOs the social media call out treatment.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ahahahahahahahah HOLY gently caress

that is so funny and well done. really top stuff.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Netflix and chill

• Locked thread