Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

quote:

Earlier this month, Harvard released a study suggesting at least one aspect of vaping might be as detrimental as traditional smoking. Researchers at the university found that 75 percent of flavored e-cigs contained a chemical called diacetyl, commonly used in artificial butter flavorings. While safe to eat, the dangers of inhaling diacetyl were revealed in the early 2000s, when workers at several popcorn factories came down with a condition that became known as "popcorn lung," an irreversible scarring of the lungs that causes shortness of breath and fits of coughing.

vaping sounds real cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

AEMINAL posted:

vaping sounds real cool

"Tobacco cigarettes, for instance, have also long been known to contain diacetyl — at levels over 100 times those found in electronic cigarettes — yet earlier tobacco studies found that even these levels were not enough to cause popcorn lung in smokers."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/e-cigs-inconvenient-truth-its-much-safer-to-vape-20151221

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
This thread suddenly got even more hilarious.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Clitch posted:

Oh No! Unscrupulous vape juice boogey men!

For gently caress's sake, you shitheads wonder why there's a Republican majority in Congress.

Bro what kinda rig you rockin

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Fonzarelli posted:

i don't even see how vaping is worth it, there's no way it can compare to the smooth burn of a cigarette as it hits your lungs and stings just right, oooohhhh baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0NcFFgeYZc

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Clitch posted:

"Tobacco cigarettes, for instance, have also long been known to contain diacetyl — at levels over 100 times those found in electronic cigarettes — yet earlier tobacco studies found that even these levels were not enough to cause popcorn lung in smokers."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/e-cigs-inconvenient-truth-its-much-safer-to-vape-20151221

Nobody is using "electronic cigarettes" they are using custom vaping rigs that put out 1000 times more vapor so the clouds they blow out are totally opaque. In all the years I smoked it was never a contest to see how much smoke I could inhale at once, or who could make the biggest clouds. Nobody out back of the high school was lighting up 20 cigarettes at once to show off.

Common sense says that it is not good for you to be doing this habitually, but I'm not going to pretend to care if a bunch of hipsters live or die. I just think they look silly and they are fun to laugh at.

Just LMAO at vapers using the tobacco companies research that smoking isn't harmful to show how safe their inhalers are.

Anyways, I read a couple of tumblr posts so now I'm an expert on electronics and chemistry and biology. Excuse me while I short this li-ion battery out right next to my face and blow some sick cloudz.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Clitch posted:

Oh No! Unscrupulous vape juice boogey men!

For gently caress's sake, you shitheads wonder why there's a Republican majority in Congress.

Because they most closely represent the interests and opinions of the American populace?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Clitch posted:

I vape in my closet, under a blanket, so people don't call me a human being, and make me cry.

The LOL CHINESE LEADED ROBOCOCK JIZZ argument is kinda stupid, though.

Vapor liquid is made of 4 components: Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine, and Flavoring. All 4 of these are produced in pharmaceutical grade in the US by companies like Dow and Procter & Gamble. The poo poo's not expensive, either. Even in-house mixers can buy legit ingredients, and clear a nice margin.

The LOL CHINESE LEADED ROBOCOCK JIZZ argument is why I quit.

Even if this poo poo's cheap from legit suppliers, there is _nothing_ in the world to stop resellers from using Chinese sources, and _none_ of the ecig flavors on the market has been approved by the FDA. You or I have no loving idea what's in that poo poo and to argue otherwise, well, I hope you get your juices from a buddy who has receipts from pharmaceutical suppliers.

It's too bad, I really miss it. E-cigs are way better than cigs, cigars, hookah or anything else. They just can't be trusted to be safe (or even safer than cigarettes at this point, although I'll concede they almost certainly are). I think 25 years from now we'll see that a number of e-juice brands were, in fact safe, and that a vast majority were not for specific reasons (mostly related to flavoring and industrial contamination imo).I also think it will turn out that some brands were vastly less safe than others.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
Quite possibly. I also expect it to pan out that even the vastly less safe ones were safer than cigarettes and most forms of tobacco in general. Still, if you've stopped it all- kudos to you.

Again, safer unless you stupidly modify the device into a sort of electronic hand grenade that drops it's pin randomly.

The Snark fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 9, 2016

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
If you're vaping you look like a loving weirdo to normal people.

Good for you if it help you quit smoking, just letting you know.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Holy poo poo. Blast from the past!

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
i like the fliptop box.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I'm taking my popcorn lung and going home!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ben Smash posted:

I'm taking my popcorn lung and going home!

when u do a deep inhale does it sound like pop rocks??

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
christiandadswhovape

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Vaping is cool af

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Soylent & Vape FTW

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Gotta put your Soylent in a Erlenmeyer flask and mix it with a glass stir rod to release all the science or it won't work

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Clitch posted:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
its not as bad as cigarettes, i do not control my actions, so i choose the one that looks like a lightsaber

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I have only ever seen one person vaping in public. It was a teenage male of course.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Berious posted:

I have only ever seen one person vaping in public. It was a teenage male of course.

It really depends where you spend your time. College towns are the worst generally, especially dance clubs where you have three or four people blowing gross smelly clouds of vapor in the middle of a crowd

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

vape a dill pickle, realdo

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

its not as bad as cigarettes, i do not control my actions, so i choose the one that looks like a lightsaber

i would vape if i could get a robocock shaped like a lightsaber that made lightsaber noises whilst vaping

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Clitch posted:

You do not vape like this, at least not with mine that looks similar to this. Don't smoke it like a tobacco product but "sip" it like you would if didn't know how to play the most basic of wind instruments. I tried to smoke mine like this guy, juice in mouth is gross.

This is my current setup. The battery thingy is from the original set I bought from girlfriends coworker. The original fluid holder with screwy bit and mouth thingy I ended up breaking. I broke the filaments inside the juice hole while watching a youtube video on how to clean. Should I have been concerned that my vape didn't come with instructions or a box. The three eye-droppers full of unknown nicotine value fruit "juices" at least came in a nice ziplock bag. (the green/yellow freezer). As per online instructions of a unit that kind of looked like mine: filled up my e-juice cartridge, realized something wasn't sealed, got juice everywhere, i washed with soap but the smell is in me. In the end, got it to work, promised to quit smoking maybe, let my friends smell it. The next day vape and car got a little dirty when I set it on the passenger seat on my first smoke-free drive, It rolled off the seat at the first good corner and oozed allover.

Summary:
1. I bought this off gfs coworker whom I have not met
2. Not in a box, no instructions. (did google, brand was rated well on sites I have no reason to trust). Seemed to be a older model. Was clean, no usage
3. 3 bottles of juice with names written in permanent marker on generic eye-dropper bottles. These have nicotine in them, what %? I don't know. I asked later and he said they were mild
4. I gave this thing power, put mystery fluid into it, and burned it into my lungs.

This was incredibly stupid of me and at the same time not really much better then going to the "professional" vape shop closest to me. The place was not what I was expecting. Huge open space set up like a bar where I was expecting something more like a bong store. The juice I use now comes in better looking bottles, have labels, and I hope aren't poison.

All I can do is hope that this unregulated juice is not accidentally poisonous and that my battery doesn't explode.

I do this in hope that with better maintenance and understanding, my discrete(r) vape unit will die out and by then I will have QUIT SMOKING

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 9, 2016

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

HAmbONE posted:

You do not vape like this, at least not with mine that looks similar to this. Don't smoke it like a tobacco product but "sip" it like you would if didn't know how to play the most basic of wind instruments. I tried to smoke mine like this guy, juice in mouth is gross.

This is my current setup. The battery thingy is from the original set I bought from girlfriends coworker. The original fluid holder with screwy bit and mouth thingy I ended up breaking. I broke the filaments inside the juice hole while watching a youtube video on how to clean. Should I have been concerned that my vape didn't come with instructions or a box. The three eye-droppers full of unknown nicotine value fruit "juices" at least came in a nice ziplock bag. (the green/yellow freezer). As per online instructions of a unit that kind of looked like mine: filled up my e-juice cartridge, realized something wasn't sealed, got juice everywhere, i washed with soap but the smell is in me. In the end, got it to work, promised to quit smoking maybe, let my friends smell it. The next day vape and car got a little dirty when I set it on the passenger seat on my first smoke-free drive, It rolled off the seat at the first good corner and oozed allover.

Summary:
1. I bought this off gfs coworker whom I have not met
2. Not in a box, no instructions. (did google, brand was rated well on sites I have no reason to trust). Seemed to be a older model. Was clean, no usage
3. 3 bottles of juice with names written in permanent marker on generic eye-dropper bottles. These have nicotine in them, what %? I don't know. I asked later and he said they were mild
4. I gave this thing power, put mystery fluid into it, and burned it into my lungs.

This was incredibly stupid of me and at the same time not really much better then going to the "professional" vape shop closest to me. The place was not what I was expecting. Huge open space set up like a bar where I was expecting something more like a bong store. The juice I use now comes in better looking bottles, have labels, and I hope aren't poison.

All I can do is hope that this unregulated juice is not accidentally poisonous and that my battery doesn't explode.

I do this I hope that with better maintenance and understanding, my discrete(r) vape unit will die out and by then I will have QUIT SMOKING

buy juice from a company like vapewild or mt baker. don't trust what was given to you.

nicotine levels are basically as follows:

>= 24mg/ml - 1.5+ packs a day
18mg/ml - half a pack or so a day
12mg/ml - a few cigarettes a day
< 6mg/ml - very light smoke, also if you're using an rda or high-wattage mod
0mg/ml - no nicotine, mostly used for flavor/cloudchasing

RISCy Business fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 9, 2016

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

deep impact on vhs posted:

buy juice from a company like vapewild or mt baker. don't trust what was given to you.

nicotine levels are basically as follows:

>= 24mg/ml - 1.5+ packs a day
18mg/ml - half a pack or so a day
12mg/ml - a few cigarettes a day
< 6mg/ml - very light smoke, also if you're using an rda or high-wattage mod
0mg/ml - no nicotine, mostly used for flavor/cloudchasing

Now I should mention that the guy I bought froms father was one of first vapers I had ever seen in my city. This was years ago and it seemed great because he was a heavy smoker who needed help quitting. Him and his son, who work in the same company, have made their own juice for years. The guy had asked what I was smoking a day, which was about 3 king size cigarettes. I did end up getting rid of their bottles for the more professional looking stuff, which while having better labels, may mean nothing.

The three I have now are in the pic and I will hope will last me to the end. One is made by Blood, Sweat & Tears and the other two by MakeMeJuice. All should be 3mg nicotine which I asked for lowest possible. I guess may not actually be doing anything for me, seems to satisfy cravings.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

That beard's looking a little unkempt. Hmmm...

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

HAmbONE posted:

Now I should mention that the guy I bought froms father was one of first vapers I had ever seen in my city. This was years ago and it seemed great because he was a heavy smoker who needed help quitting. Him and his son, who work in the same company, have made their own juice for years. The guy had asked what I was smoking a day, which was about 3 king size cigarettes. I did end up getting rid of their bottles for the more professional looking stuff, which while having better labels, may mean nothing.

The three I have now are in the pic and I will hope will last me to the end. One is made by Blood, Sweat & Tears and the other two by MakeMeJuice. All should be 3mg nicotine which I asked for lowest possible. I guess may not actually be doing anything for me, seems to satisfy cravings.

my baker is cheap and quality and they always give you frreebies. the stuff in the stores always seems real shady. :shrug:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It really depends where you spend your time. College towns are the worst generally, especially dance clubs where you have three or four people blowing gross smelly clouds of vapor in the middle of a crowd

Wow yeah 3-4 people vaping in a club full of people yeah that'll really just ruin the night for everyone

Vaping is faggy but its really not a big deal in the grand scheme of annoyances, get a grip

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
No one wants to smell goddamn blueberry pancake autism-juice.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Wow yeah 3-4 people vaping in a club full of people yeah that'll really just ruin the night for everyone

Vaping is faggy but its really not a big deal in the grand scheme of annoyances, get a grip

You underestimate how foul that stuff smells. I'd rather not spend an entire night in a room reeking of rotting raspberries

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You underestimate how foul that stuff smells. I'd rather not spend an entire night in a room reeking of rotting raspberries

The people vaping grew up drenching themselves in axe body spray in the hopes that bikini models would start flying at them from offscreen (real life offscreen), and I wouldn't be surprised to find out their senses of smell was permanently damaged by it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Don't smoke any flavored juice, its a waste of money.

You can buy 8 oz(236 ml) unflavored for $7.99. Alot of places charge you $10 or $15(for local vape stores) for 10 ml.

The flavor is pointless and almost all of it tastes like poo poo. The flavor will poo poo up your coil 10x times faster.

Go flavorless, get only the nicotine, gently caress the rest.

Mt baker vapor always sends me free flavor sample that I just trash haha.

Ego stick and a kangertech tank(tube). Kangertech charges too much for coils. $2.50 per coil that lasts a week, what a rip off.

This is the cheapest and biggest ripoff of the ecigs.

Unless you are buying in bulk you are paying $15 for 10 ml of liquid.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 9, 2016

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

with the exception of your last point, what's it like to be so objectively wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Lol @"ego stick"

• Locked thread