Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Asiina posted:

Quidnose what is your favourite MtG deck?

Also are you scum?

A friend of mine in college circa 2002-2003 had, like, 10,000 cards, and we built a shitton of decks. He had a squirrel one that we frequently would have to pick up a whole 'nother deck to drop on the table be the 1/1 squirrels he summoned. That one was pretty fun.

Beyond that I don't really know. I haven't played magic for a long time, although I do like their games and I did play Magic Online for a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

goodness posted:

just lol if you are analyzing any of day 1

Yeah clearly you have never played before because you wouldn't be saying this if you knew how I operate, lolol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

haha ya lmbo

THIS, however, is total crap, because JakeP KNOWS this is how I play mafia, knows I am effective at it, and is very clearly buddying up to the nublet here

##vote JakeP

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

THIS, however, is total crap, because JakeP KNOWS this is how I play mafia, knows I am effective at it, and is very clearly buddying up to the nublet here

##vote JakeP

I just wanted to lol with him

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

goodness posted:

This is legitimately kinda forced/snipey. I'd think it was your first game but I see 7 other games for you in Votefinder, so...

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

goodness posted:

##vote goodness

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote quidnose

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

i won a bunch of 6 player multiplayer games on magic online with a tooth and nail 4x kukosho deck back in the ravnica days it was probably my favorite deck ever

you would tooth and nail to insta play 2 kukoshos from your deck which then insta died from 2 legendary creature rule and you would do 10 damage to everyone and heal up for 50 health

Goddamn Magic is some brokenass poo poo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i never liked token decks, even when doubling season came out, i like stupid combo decks that when you got your combo you won that turn

My favorite Standard Constructed combo deck was heartbeat of spring, which ran heartbeat (all lands generate an extra mana of their type), early harvest (untap all lands) and some creature who was BBB(X) that was a 0/0 that came into play with X +1+1 counters on him, that did damage to the opponent equal to the number of counters on him when he came into play. You could generate like 50+ mana on turn 6 and win out of nowhere (except not really because it was a popular deck and everyone knew what to expect that was playing it)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Goddamn Magic is some brokenass poo poo

well its balanced around Standard 1v1

there are so many card sets that there are some crazy combos out there between sets. There are decks that can literally win on Turn 1

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP do you have a post restriction where you're not allowed to play mafia in our mafia game

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
waaaaaah im quidnose waaaaaah

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yes i have a post restriction where I am not allowed to play mafia

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

waaaaaah im quidnose waaaaaah

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

A friend of mine in college circa 2002-2003 had, like, 10,000 cards, and we built a shitton of decks. He had a squirrel one that we frequently would have to pick up a whole 'nother deck to drop on the table be the 1/1 squirrels he summoned. That one was pretty fun.

Beyond that I don't really know. I haven't played magic for a long time, although I do like their games and I did play Magic Online for a little bit.

My favourite game of magic ever I played some stupid little bird that was 1/2 or something like that, but then I kept getting these buffing cards and it kept growing and growing and then suddenly this dumb weakass bird was like 12/14. It was awesome.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when i started playing magic i had like no cards and dickbags would always use flying cards and i had zero answers

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

This content game out of nowhere is also kind of odd.

Quidnose please answer my content game instead of just commenting on its existence :smith:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's why I like the ones I do cause we all play with the starter decks so it's even and I pick the ones with flying stuff cause enjoy your red/green deck nooblord, my birds will peck your eyes out.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i was a dick and whenever one of my friends would put a good deck together, I would buy a bunch of new cards and build a deck specifically to counter it until they gave up on that deck and made another one with the paltry amount of lovely cards and no access to ebay

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway content game I'd definitely shoot PBS because there's going to be a day in this game where suddenly it'll be like

OH MY GOD

GUYS

GUYS

I FIGURED IT OUT

THIS GAME IS A METAPHOR FOR <obscure Japanese movie from 1978>

I KNOW WHAT WE HAVE TO DO

IT'S ALL SO SIMPLE

YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU DON'T SEE IT

IT'S SO CLEAR

WE JUST HAVE TO LYNCH <literally pick a person at random> AND IT WILL ALL COME TOGETHER

TRUST ME

GUYS TRUST ME THIS IS RIGHT

WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO ME

IT'S RIGHT I'M NOT CRAZY

THE GAME IS SOLVED

And then I have an aneurysm and die.

If I don't make it, someone quote this post when this happens.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh you mean kiwi's delivery service

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Podima posted:

This is legitimately kinda forced/snipey. I'd think it was your first game but I see 7 other games for you in Votefinder, so...

Nah I just have a hard on for hating on day one. It's really stupid and only hurts town to vote based on day one analyzing. I'm sure you will disagree so we don't need to hash it out.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Ya Podima chill out you are harshing my mellow man

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

goodness posted:

Nah I just have a hard on for hating on day one. It's really stupid and only hurts town to vote based on day one analyzing. I'm sure you will disagree so we don't need to hash it out.

I get where you're coming from but you're saying "this isn't worth discussing" while simultaneously using it as a point for voting me. Soooo, you're saying you're not caring to comment on your points that make up your case, which is scummy.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

had a hearty lol at this for multiple reasons

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Goodness how do you feel about Magic: The Gathering from Wizards of the Coast?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its just a hearthstone knockoff

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
LoL is just a heroes of the storm knockoff and some weirdos seem to enjoy that for some reason

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no heroes of the storm is just a knock off of diablo 2

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Lost vikings came in in 1992 and they are in heroes of the storm so heroes definitely outdates all other mobas if you think about it in terms of the oldest character (smite doesn't count all those gods were disproven by science)(also the dc comic game no longer exists so disregard)(The game with shrek might outdate it but that games mostly computer virus)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My friends are playing hots right now and I'm talking to them over discord and I am so ashamed of them

*she types sitting in a dota queue*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Skifree was the original moba.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when have i ever thought a mafia game was about a japanese movie?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your friends are making the right choice, your behind in the times asi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there was the time i figure out the cowboy game was related to deadlands and i was right, it just happen to be more doomtown than core book deadlands

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Quidnose posted:

I get where you're coming from but you're saying "this isn't worth discussing" while simultaneously using it as a point for voting me. Soooo, you're saying you're not caring to comment on your points that make up your case, which is scummy.

I think you believing it does mean something is scummy, that's all.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also i don't use the word lynch because it sounds stupid and also is slightly offensive!!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ya use moosenuckle

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

goodness posted:

This is bullshit. Day 1 posts can be analysed like any other. They're not as good for analysis as later date posts, but writing day 1 off completely is anti-town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like to use hatemurder

• Locked thread