Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Man Derrick Thomas wasn't very good in coverage was he

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I think he was average, nowhere near as good as VM but a lot of those were from running plays. Early on in his career he struggled with stopping the run to the point that teams were running it at him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was just making a dumb joke :shobon:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Apparently there was a "super fan" on one of the fire trucks with a rope around the neck of a Cam Newton doll :waycool:
I will attest to this

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Chromatic posted:

I think he was average, nowhere near as good as VM but a lot of those were from running plays. Early on in his career he struggled with stopping the run to the point that teams were running it at him.

Well he was a hand in the dirt pass rusher

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was going to be a dipshit and say "Now compare them to Watt" but lol Thomas had more tackles and more FF in fewer games

(JJ has them in sacks easily though)

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Intruder posted:

I was going to be a dipshit and say "Now compare them to Watt" but lol Thomas had more tackles and more FF in fewer games

(JJ has them in sacks easily though)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Derrick Thomas sacked Dave Krieg 7 times in the same game, and on the last play of the game he had Krieg wrapped up for another sack but old Dave wriggled free and threw a game winning TD Seahawks won 17-16. Crazy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUSFq5OatdI

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PFR has failed me, why am I seeing 298 tackles

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Apparently there was a "super fan" on one of the fire trucks with a rope around the neck of a Cam Newton doll :waycool:
just went through my pictures and lol

stood there in slackjawed amazement for a few seconds as they drove off before i regained the presence of mind to take a picture

go broncos!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I dunno. Found it on the Chiefs subreddit.

Edit: It's counting Watt's tackles and assists.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah lets make a hanging reference because...fandom.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
That dude better be wearing a Lynch jersey

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Intruder posted:

I'm a Cam fan and all but jesus christ, I can't excuse away this one

Even Warren Moon, who has been a big Cam booster all along, went on the radio and was like "Yeah, that's Real Bad."

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Just one? Denver fans are getting nicer!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

mikemil828 posted:

You show me a good loser and I'm going to show you a loser.

So as long as I'm a crybaby bitch about it I didn't really lose, I'm only a loser if I act like an adult, sweet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

So as long as I'm a crybaby bitch about it I didn't really lose, I'm only a loser if I act like an adult, sweet

getting indignant at a Vince Lombardi quote lmao

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Alaois posted:

getting indignant at a Vince Lombardi quote lmao

I'm not getting indignant about it, I'm glad I have his permission to whine whenever I don't get what I want

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

BREAKING: Man loses biggest game of his career, gets upset when asked the same questions over and over about how upset he is for losing

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cam Newton had nothing but great things to say about Peyton Manning after the game and seemed to respect the Denver team as a whole. When did the definition of "sportsmanship" grow and extend to encompass not only the team you're playing against but every dipshit in the media, all the obese fans at home, America itself, etc. etc.

Sports journalists are probably the biggest heaps of garbage in an already dying industry. They're lucky Cam didn't stand up and piss on the front row.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

With that said, he's still a babyback bitch smothered in mild bbq sauce for not jumping on that fumble

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Please rename TFF to Cam Newton Safezone.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I woke up today and the Broncos are still the world champs. Today is a good day. God bless America

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Croatoan posted:

I woke up today and the Broncos are still the world champs. Today is a good day. God bless America

It seems I may have to use my ak after all

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Croatoan posted:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

The Dave posted:

Please rename TFF to Cam Newton Safezone.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Nail Rat posted:

I'm not getting indignant about it, I'm glad I have his permission to whine whenever I don't get what I want

Nice meltdown

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Nail Rat posted:

:lol:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
As long as we all knowledge Paul Brown quotes > Vince quotes.

Paraphrasing:

"I don't care if you're black, white, protestant, catholic, a Jew, could be a communist I guess.."

"When you win say nothing, when you lose say less."

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 10, 2016

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The state of the turf regulation in the NFL is really pretty loving unacceptable:

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/697443794866798592

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Eifert Posting posted:

As long as we all knowledge Paul Brown quotes > Vince quotes.

Paraphrasing:

"I don't care if you're black, white, protestant, catholic, a Jew, could be a communist I guess.."

"When you win say nothing, when you lose say less."

that's a good quote for lames, yeah

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

GNU Order posted:

My biggest takeaway from the Superbowl is that "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser" is an incredible quote, and until I looked it up I thought Cam came up with it by himself which would have been awesome

You know the fact that he had that quote top of mind and ready to go means he was mentally preparing for a loss.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fsif posted:

The state of the turf regulation in the NFL is really pretty loving unacceptable:

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/697443794866798592

Holy poo poo it's like a real life electric football.

How the gently caress is the turf at Levi's so bad? Like, I get why places like Pittsburgh (overuse), Chicago (poor maintenance) or Houston (those loving pallets) have crappy surfaces but is it just bad design with Levi's or what?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The turf was slick with Cam's tears

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Isn't Levi where Reggie Bush ended his career on the not-turf part?

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

WHOOPS posted:

Holy poo poo it's like a real life electric football.

How the gently caress is the turf at Levi's so bad? Like, I get why places like Pittsburgh (overuse), Chicago (poor maintenance) or Houston (those loving pallets) have crappy surfaces but is it just bad design with Levi's or what?

The real answer is probably something to do with a poor or experimental base turf setup that either wasn't figured out or was never going to properly come together given the field's use.

My preferred answer is that York corrupts everything he touches.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Elway made the comparison of Von Miller to Thomas when the Broncos drafted him. Saying that Thomas was the most difficult defender he ever had to play against.

As great as it was to watch a guy with Thomas' ability play, even if it was for a division rival. My favorite story about Thomas was from that game in 1998 when Shannon Sharpe was saying his girlfriend's phone number when they would line up for a play. Thomas just kept getting more, more, and more pissed off the entire 4th quarter. The Chiefs defense just had a complete meltdown on the final drive of the game and Denver just walked into the end zone.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why doesn't he have better cleats? Did the equipment guys get blindsided by the notoriously bad turf in Santa Clara? Is the turf wet from Jed York's tears? How is the defensive end able to push him? Should he not be slipping? Probably has stickem on his cleats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Cam's failure to jump on the fumble looked really weird and bad live, and I honestly still don't know what to make of it. At first it looked like he thought it would bounce closer toward him, but he also hesitates a bit longer than you'd expect if that was the case. It's entirely possible it was just a deer-in-headlights/mental error kind of moment, which is what I'm leaning toward. Dude has never shied away from contact in his career, to the extent it took him like two years to figure out how to slide. I can't imagine he was really that scared of a hit (although he'd taken a lot of them that night). I dunno. He probably assumed he'd sound really dumb and/or get crucified if he admitted he'd just gone brain dead, so here we are.

• Locked thread