Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Hey, Breath of Fire 3 is finally on the shop!

It's costs $5 more than BoF4 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Looper posted:

how can you even tell that's miku without being told

After P4D we can recognize any form of Miku.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Policenaut posted:

Just reached the final chapter of Cold Steel and I'm legit bummed that they apparently Xenogearsed an entire chapter out of the game.

I hope the entire final boss battle's gimmick is talking in a chair while everyone else does stuff automatically.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Reading up on it, it looks like the events of the missing chapter are covered by some drama CD. Which is still kinda lovely.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I heard about that, something about radio shows too maybe?

Also drat, April has a whole bunch of releases now. It's good Stranger of Sword City got moved up a bit cause I have no idea how I'll play everything and DS3 when that hits.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Reading up on it, it looks like the events of the missing chapter are covered by some drama CD. Which is still kinda lovely.

Unfortunately the ROI isn't as great as translating a video game or anime so no western company even bothers to bring it over. You're stuck looking for youtube videos with fan translation. I'm ok with it, especially if the "Messing around with *little sister character* in bed" track also goes missing with that CD.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I just started Cold Steel last night so I guess I'll see how jarring it becomes when I get to it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

bloodychill posted:

It sounds like you already are. Also that's weird and you should format it.

I formatted the card when I got it. Checked out the issue on Google and it seems like it's an issue with the PSP version of the game. I should be able to save just fine though when the time comes.

It's cool.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mithaldu posted:

After P4D we can recognize any form of Miku.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm the crosseyed Yo-skay going "WTF Kanji".

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I'm not sure i'd call that version of her cute. More like, good character in a silent hill game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

*buys the vita silent hill*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

*buys the vita silent hill*

Don't

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hatsune miku: "if anybody makes fun of me... i'll KILL 'em!"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Colonel posted:

hatsune miku: "if anybody makes fun of me... i'll KILL 'em!"

Pictured

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Just reached the final chapter of Cold Steel and I'm legit bummed that they apparently Xenogearsed an entire chapter out of the game. I would have really liked to see the trip to the Emperor, everything surrounding Angelica's expulsion, and the trip to Ymir in full. I assume at this point Ymir is gonna be a field study in Cold Steel 2 right? I was really looking forward to going there!

You pretty much saw the stuff that lead up to her getting pulled from Thors, with Gelica willing to take the brunt of the blame for getting the class in the mine and directly opposing the faction her family decided to pony up with by helping out with the hostage situation in the mine. There's also the fact that Gelica's just been something of a problem child to her family in general and her time at Thors didn't seem to really "fix" her in her family's eyes. It would have been nice to see the Ymir bonding trip, but I guess they just ran out of budget/time and the school festival probably felt like a more important capstone to them.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

hatsune miku: "if nobody thinks of me... i'll literally starve to death!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_uT9lw7qxQ

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Uncute song that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LsgJUDfCM8

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I love this, thank you

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

isn't there a song where Miku is a horrible space monster abomination that also got a very expensive figurine

that song's uncuter

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think there's also a song in Diva 2nd where she keeps getting killed

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

voltcatfish posted:

isn't there a song where Miku is a horrible space monster abomination that also got a very expensive figurine

that song's uncuter

That's Calne, I believe. She got MULTIPLE figures!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'm happy that the dominoes mascot gets to dance with the persona crew

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Takoluka posted:

voltcatfish posted:

that song's uncuter
That's Calne, I believe. She got MULTIPLE figures!
Holy poo poo, i can handle a lot, but the imagery in that video made my skin crawl. It's definitely designed to trigger various phobias. Very much not :nms: and i don't say that lightly.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ah, right, Bacterial Contamination was the name of the song

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

Ah, right, Bacterial Contamination was the name of the song

hmmm never heard that song before let's see what all the fuss is abo-JESUS CHRIST :cry:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Help Im Alive posted:

I think there's also a song in Diva 2nd where she keeps getting killed
Yeah that's a cool song.

There's also a song about how Miku really wants you to be happy and talks about all the ways she is going to torture you if you aren't.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's Kagerou Days. It's about a boy who keeps waking up on the same day unable to save his girl friend from dying in an unbreakable cycle. Then there's a twist at the end. I think they made an anime out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hG4DIlRA4

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in the hatsune miku opera 'the end' she contemplates death, gets eaten alive and worse and all this is 3D while wearing clothing designed by louis vuitton.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

hmmm never heard that song before let's see what all the fuss is abo-JESUS CHRIST :cry:
I warned you! :gonk:

Saoshyant posted:

That's Kagerou Days.
That one is indeed super adorable.

Davincie posted:

in the hatsune miku opera 'the end' she contemplates death, gets eaten alive and worse and all this is 3D while wearing clothing designed by louis vuitton.
Are you just stringing random words together or is this an actual thing?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Saoshyant posted:

That's Kagerou Days. It's about a boy who keeps waking up on the same day unable to save his girl friend from dying in an unbreakable cycle. Then there's a twist at the end. I think they made an anime out of it.

Kagerou Project. If you've played IA/VT Colorful a few of the songs from it are on there like Imagination Forest (the video in IA/VT and the official one are...quite different in tone), Kisaragi Attention and Children's Record. I've never seen it but it's about kids/teenagers with weird eye powers.

EDIT: The forest one was the most bizarre split from themes. 3D vocaloid dressed like a matryoshka doll looking for a way out versus an animated video where a young girl sees her mother's implied brutal murder because she's actually a snake monster and hides in her home for years as a result. Although half of those videos are depressing even without context.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 11, 2016

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Davincie posted:

I agree the kanye west produced opera owns

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Yeah that's a cool song.

There's also a song about how Miku really wants you to be happy and talks about all the ways she is going to torture you if you aren't.

This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee. It's my personal favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjG1ueUJpfY

Healbot fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 11, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Stanos posted:

Kagerou Project. If you've played IA/VT Colorful a few of the songs from it are on there like Imagination Forest (the video in IA/VT and the official one are...quite different in tone), Kisaragi Attention and Children's Record. I've never seen it but it's about kids/teenagers with weird eye powers.

EDIT: The forest one was the most bizarre split from themes. 3D vocaloid dressed like a matryoshka doll looking for a way out versus an animated video where a young girl sees her mother's implied brutal murder because she's actually a snake monster and hides in her home for years as a result. Although half of those videos are depressing even without context.

The forest one isn't very depressing though, it's actually really cute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiLDFWB2kHA

Got a link to the 3d version?

Healbot posted:

Just in case you weren't aware: There's actually a 4:30 version of that song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6OuXkG39cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6OuXkG39cA&list=PLE3HjmQMwpQRSogCH9W1IvTLY-e8v8lRv&index=7

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It's your duty to be happy! :suicide:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Healbot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ZjRqk_JI8

That's Undine, a mythological siren figure.

e: nvm, linked already.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I thought Calne-whatever was not Miku, just that they used the Vocaloid software to make the songs? Kind of like Black Rock Shooter, who is also not Miku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Calne Ca is just a design based on Miku. The song where that design first appeared (before the already mentioned Bacterial Contamination) doesn't even have any singing. It's just a cool electro-styled thingy.