Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Asiina posted:

This isn't even true either since the only reason he came back to the thread at all was to talk about his stance on D1, and disappeared again when it wasn't being discussed.

Uh, what? Then it is true. He jumped at an opportunity to discuss random crap that didn't involve case work and then vanished when the conversation lulled on that. Jake offered him an opportunity to continue this discussion by pushing it and then re-pushing it.

If you look at Jake's posting he has done this with a TON of off topic poo poo the entirety of D1. It's a scum tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

anyway my votes locked in, il lll still respond to anyone not TMM or quidnose but im not about to fill up this thread with me laughing at either of those clowns anymore today

Who else is scum, Jake?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I said i wouldnt respond to you but because the question has nothing to do with you:

Tommunist
Trasson
PBS
Opop
SSV are all suspect

TMM I could go either way on because this is him every game, imgay is a candidate as well

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I'm actually curious what your definition of off topic is because the only conversations I've seen that weren't blatantly unrelated (like Magic chat) have all be specifically related to what one player or another considered scummy in another players posting, such as D1 is useless chat.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Off topic is anything that is not scum hunting or analyzing content. Discussing someone's opinion on game meta has no bearing to the game beyond "do I think they're doing this as a distraction tactic as scum" and that's not what we've been talking about as far as I have seen.

This is mafia 101 I can't even believe I have to explain this to the vets here.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Telling a player who refuses to try day 1, and equates it to rolling the dice that day 1 is in fact important is not off topic

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Can you show me this exchange? I'd like to see you explain your perspective.

If this is what I am thinking about, again, the thing Podima jumped on was not the fact that it was strange for TMM to be self consciously announcing a change, but purely that he was doing something new. People do new poo poo all the time, you don't see folks jumping on people as "OBVIOSULY SCUM" when they do self imposed post restrictions to challenge themselves, and yet Podima jumped on TMM for EXACTLY that. That's not a town mindset, that's easy scum grab.

A town member in that situation says "why you feel you gotta tell us to give you a pass for doing somethign new, why does it matter what the thread thinks about you?" Podima didn't do this.

Here is the entire exchange Quid: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762799&userid=41756&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post456125434

That is my case on Pod which pretty much everyone ignored because I must be crazy. But it clearly shows that Podima asks ONCE about my reasons in an unclear manner. When I respond to his question he does NOT go after me for avoiding the question and instead moves on to my effort in this game. It isn't until 3 hours, a dozen posts later and AFTER I mention that he doesn't seem interested in my reasons for voting JakeP in the first place that Podima finally asks me to completely explain my vote. And like I said, at that point, I knew he wasn't really interested in any answer, so I'm declined to answer.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Telling them is important. Discussing why you think their taking that response in this instance is important. Discussing the merits of D1 in general and your personal theory opinion on it at detail and asking others to do so has no merit on the game.

Notice, AGAIN, that Jake is dragging all of us into a discussion about this that has NOTHINF to do with current game intent. I continue to bring up this point because I believe he is doing things like this purposefully to distract people from scum hunting and creating content based in play.

Notice how that is different from the tact that he is taking.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Here is the entire exchange Quid: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762799&userid=41756&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post456125434

That is my case on Pod which pretty much everyone ignored because I must be crazy. But it clearly shows that Podima asks ONCE about my reasons in an unclear manner. When I respond to his question he does NOT go after me for avoiding the question and instead moves on to my effort in this game. It isn't until 3 hours, about a dozen Podima posts later and AFTER I mention that he doesn't seem interested in my reasons for voting JakeP in the first place that Podima finally asks me to completely explain my vote. And like I said, at that point, I knew he wasn't really interested in any answer, so I'm declined to answer.

Mafia edit.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Telling them is important. Discussing why you think their taking that response in this instance is important. Discussing the merits of D1 in general and your personal theory opinion on it at detail and asking others to do so has no merit on the game.

Notice, AGAIN, that Jake is dragging all of us into a discussion about this that has NOTHINF to do with current game intent. I continue to bring up this point because I believe he is doing things like this purposefully to distract people from scum hunting and creating content based in play.

Notice how that is different from the tact that he is taking.

you started this line of discussion as part of your case on me lol wtf

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Uh, what? Then it is true. He jumped at an opportunity to discuss random crap that didn't involve case work and then vanished when the conversation lulled on that. Jake offered him an opportunity to continue this discussion by pushing it and then re-pushing it.

If you look at Jake's posting he has done this with a TON of off topic poo poo the entirety of D1. It's a scum tactic.

goodness only showed up to talk about his stance then disappeared. You're saying that Jake is giving him opportunities to not participate, but he was never participating in the first place so what are you even on about?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

goodness only showed up to talk about his stance then disappeared. You're saying that Jake is giving him opportunities to not participate, but he was never participating in the first place so what are you even on about?

now hes blaming me for talking about it now! haha lmbo!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
lmbo indeed

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And btw, anyone who has almost twice as many posts as the next person and isn't flogging people to vote his scum choice is likely to be scum in my experience.

I agree with Quid that Jake is hiding behind a mound of posts just like a certain game mod has done in the past while scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Jake, how dare you not exclusively tunnel and instead talk about other content in the game.

For shame, scumbo.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Highest volume poster! STRING HIM UP HES POSTING TOO MUCH!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
(top poster in like every game ive been in for years)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

Yeah Jake, how dare you not exclusively tunnel and instead talk about other content in the game.

For shame, scumbo.

Not what I am saying at all, but thanks for the misprepresentation. Is there a reason you aren't voting for me if you think my argument is so crap? That's pretty fake.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was responding to Madman.

I also haven't decided who to vote for between you and Madman. I still think goodness is the right choice and don't want to make a lynch on him impossible by unvoting in hopes that people see the light.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I can understand people not getting what I am saying with this goodness/Jake interaction. I am not saying that I think goodness is scum at all, and since he was the one who came in and started talking about this I can understand why it's confusing for me to say that this is Jake's fault in this instance.

But I am not talking about Jake in a vacuum in this one instance, I have been consistently pointing out the times when Jake has gone off the rails about irrelevant crap in order to shift discussion from scum hunting. Goodness can be town and Jake can be scum and he can still say "Aha, this dude is saying he thinks D1 is crap, I will feed into that to engage him on a random topic and I know this will also get other people talking about non-scumhunting poo poo."

He has done this a ton this game and I have pointed it out every. single. time. Why is this hard to understand and see?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You two are hilarious. It's not that he's a high volume poster, it's that his high volume comes from a shitload of useless posts. For all his assurance that Quid is scum, he sure doesn't seem to be looking to gather support for his case. Sure, a few posts here and there, but otherwise all he's doing is posting white noise and distractions.

But anyway, let's move to someone else: SSV.

He hasn't been pretty absent and his content sucks. For all the poo poo you've given me about a contentless vote, this is SSVs first vote:

SirSamVimes posted:

goodness posted:

just lol if you are analyzing any of day 1

##vote goodness

After a few posts that are pretty much content free, he drops this terrible vote on me:

SirSamVimes posted:

Misrepresenting people's arguments, declaring that you need no real reason to vote because it's day 1... You're better at Mafia than that, TMM.

##vote tmmadman

Then this gem:

SirSamVimes posted:

People I would vote, in order of how much I'd like to vote them: Goodness / TMM / Maybe Trasson if he doesn't follow through with his promise to review stuff

Take note of how he isn't saying anyone of us are scum, just how much he'd like to vote for us.

Then to end it he jumps in today with a single snipe post:

SirSamVimes posted:

I think we can all agree that the jokephase is useless, but day 1 isn't just jokephase. You are arguing to throw out the entire day.

So he hasn't actually made any real reads, he's dropped a couple of terrible votes and he isn't engaged with the game. This is classic lurking scum SSV imo.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Quidnose posted:

Off topic is anything that is not scum hunting or analyzing content. Discussing someone's opinion on game meta has no bearing to the game beyond "do I think they're doing this as a distraction tactic as scum" and that's not what we've been talking about as far as I have seen.

This is mafia 101 I can't even believe I have to explain this to the vets here.

Jake's posts are actually giving me some valid points on why D1 could be good. It is relevant to this game, stop trying to prevent education scum.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Quidnose posted:

He has done this a ton this game and I have pointed it out every. single. time. Why is this hard to understand and see?

For myself because I haven't read those games. The one I was in Jake was a lot more passive and he was SK. This game he's much more proactive on a couple of targets, which simply tells me that he's got a better chance of not being a serial killer. This isn't really reliable data so I'm going on my read of his current posting which feels more town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I was responding to Madman.

I also haven't decided who to vote for between you and Madman. I still think goodness is the right choice and don't want to make a lynch on him impossible by unvoting in hopes that people see the light.

Also, this is hilarious because Asiina has said she thinks both of us are town, but has left herself just enough wiggle room to make sure she can vote either of us.

I'm still quite sure that there are at least two scum in the group of Asiina/Pod/JakeP/SSV.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

I can understand people not getting what I am saying with this goodness/Jake interaction. I am not saying that I think goodness is scum at all, and since he was the one who came in and started talking about this I can understand why it's confusing for me to say that this is Jake's fault in this instance.

But I am not talking about Jake in a vacuum in this one instance, I have been consistently pointing out the times when Jake has gone off the rails about irrelevant crap in order to shift discussion from scum hunting. Goodness can be town and Jake can be scum and he can still say "Aha, this dude is saying he thinks D1 is crap, I will feed into that to engage him on a random topic and I know this will also get other people talking about non-scumhunting poo poo."

And Quid, it's likely because Asiina is scum, so she has no interest in seeing it because she is either scum with JakeP or using Jake as a shield.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Trasson posted:

For myself because I haven't read those games. The one I was in Jake was a lot more passive and he was SK. This game he's much more proactive on a couple of targets, which simply tells me that he's got a better chance of not being a serial killer. This isn't really reliable data so I'm going on my read of his current posting which feels more town.

I am talking about this game, my god.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like, LITERALLY, every single time I have seen him doing something distracting and not relevant to scum hunting I have SAID AS MUCH. Freaking press the goddamned questionmark next to my name and read them.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
maybe take your ritalin if you have so much trouble with getting distracted

amirite :woof:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

goodness posted:

Jake's posts are actually giving me some valid points on why D1 could be good. It is relevant to this game, stop trying to prevent education scum.

Cool, then play some mafia. You seem to think I am scum, the only opinion you have offered all game. What is your case?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I am talking about this game, my god.

I read "all the time" as over multiple games and misread from there that you say this every game. My apologies!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's ok I'm not mad at you you are the good newbie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jake am I suspect for a reason or did you just pick an easy name?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Quidnose posted:

Like, LITERALLY, every single time I have seen him doing something distracting and not relevant to scum hunting I have SAID AS MUCH. Freaking press the goddamned questionmark next to my name and read them.

He has done his scum hunting and his vote is set for D1, no harm in talking about the game now.

Quidnose posted:

Cool, then play some mafia. You seem to think I am scum, the only opinion you have offered all game. What is your case?

I didn't say I agree basing arguments on D1 is good yet. I still think the vote should be decided randomly for D1 a short time before deadline after discussion.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

goodness posted:

He has done his scum hunting and his vote is set for D1, no harm in talking about the game now.

I didn't say I agree basing arguments on D1 is good yet. I still think the vote should be decided randomly for D1 a short time before deadline after discussion.

##vote Goodness

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

goodness posted:

Yeah, this is terrible.

##vote goodness

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

Jake am I suspect for a reason or did you just pick an easy name?

You are suspect because you aren't really posting a lot (which I realize is your meta either way, but obviously it makes me more wary of you), and that you aren't at all commenting on whats currently happening or discussing any vote leaders

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
really a lot of players at this point seem to just be spectating though

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Like yes that's a terrible opinion from goodness but since we have argued it to death I'd hardly call it a scummy opinion at this point

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like anybody right now with a hinky vote that is the only vote on a player should either make their case or comment on the 3 vote leaders we have right now. Plurality is a thing sure, but it really lets the scum hide and not make a vote, and no one complains about it because at least a lynch happened!

if you aren't voting a vote leader at the end of the day you are bad or scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
At this point I'm convinced goodness must be a jester or something that wants him to die because why does he keep highlighting his kick me sign.

• Locked thread