Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
That play caused mild mannered infielder and fan favorite John McDonald to get up in A-Rods face about it. If I remember correctly, the third baseman who dropped the ball was making his major league debut. Something Wolfe was his name, I think.

edit - I think afterwards Alex claimed he simply yelled HA, instead of mine. It was a long time ago and my memory aint what it used to be. Also, Im not posting this as a reason for people to hate A-rod. Dude is amazing, and as a Jays fan I cant dislike him sticking it to the Yankees and Selig.

LonesomeCrowdedWest fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I support Arod cheating as long as he keeps doing stuff that only a villain in wacky races would do.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Wolfe was the pitcher making his debut, Howie Clark was playing Third.

gently caress A-Rod, gently caress the classless Yankees. :mad:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
N: Brandon Crawford

V: Owns

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
If you're a professional baseball player you should be able to not get tricked by an opponent yelling that he has the ball.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

I hated A-Rod when he left Seattle for the money after saying he wanted to play for a winner and money was secondary. I've gotten over that and so should all other Seattle fans.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chexoid posted:

I support Arod cheating as long as he keeps doing stuff that only a villain in wacky races would do.

Can we please get his nickname changed to Dick Dastardly?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Everblight posted:

They need to bring in the outfield walls in NPB like 10 feet.

/batflip video/

Such a beautiful bat-flip, wasted.

the best part is that the KBO logo is a guy doing a massive bat flip

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Holy poo poo I just figured out what this was and it's awesome!

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

davecrazy posted:

MLB The Show is out for Playstation the end of March. If you have any interest feel free to talk about it in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764003

I hate this game because I want to play it, but it's the only game I want to play and I'm not going to buy a PS4 for one game.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Fleetwood posted:

The Blue Jays had beef with A-Rod because he called off a left-side infielder during a routine pop-up. The ball dropped and A-Rod made it to third (I think).

This is just another reason to love A-Rod.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

cebrail posted:

I hate this game because I want to play it, but it's the only game I want to play and I'm not going to buy a PS4 for one game.
I bought a ps3 back in 09 or so for The Show and now I buy every year's iteration.

Now that the PS4 has built-in recording functionality, I have (or had, at least; I switched ps4's recently and lost my first batch of recordings) a video of my Road to the Show guy batflipping a foul ball. If that doesn't sell you on it, I don't know what will.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

cebrail posted:

I rationalized it by noting that it has Dragon Age: Inquisition and the upcoming Final Fantasy remake and that the option of maybe playing those two one day was enough. I may only actually play one game, but I COULD play three!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If you're not only playing PS4 for Rocket League you are doing it wrong.

No but really The Show is the best baseball game out there and is a ton of fun.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

If you're not only playing PS4 for Rocket League you are doing it wrong.

No but really The Show is the best baseball game out there and is a ton of fun.

Don't forget Bloodborne and MGS V!

(I have The Show on pre-order and I am going to be so bad at it.)

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Inspector_666 posted:

Don't forget Bloodborne and MGS V!

(I have The Show on pre-order and I am going to be so bad at it.)

Silly man, MGSV is a PC game. :v:

But yeah, I had enough things lined up on PS4 I wanted to play I got one, and I totally preordered The Show, because the Cubs team on it should be amazing. This may also be part of why I like MVP '04 so much. Now if only I can figure out how to be better at video game baseball.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I played the Show 2012 and was bad at it but I think I may get this one.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Oh my god :kimchi:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I just don't understand what's to hate about A-Rod, unless it's literally just "did steroids". I get it if Yankees fans slightly resent him for "got a huge contract, then was maybe not literally the god zeus in baseballman form", but all the guy's ever done is mash baseballs and be a huge, handsome weirdo. That's usually a recipe for fan love rather than virulent hatred. I'd really, really hate to think it's all just steroids+he's not white.

Yankees fans disliked him less for getting a huge contract and more for opting out of his old Texas contract early because now the Yankees weren't having his salary subsidized by the Rangers for the next three years. Hell, even in SAS there were Yankees fans legitimately pissed off at him for that IIRC even though it was in his best interest to do so and sign another long term deal. They were especially mad when the possibility of him actually leaving came up as well though I don't think that was ever truly a possibility.

Was it A-Rod that the Mets were going to give a private office and suite if he signed?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's funny that Mariner fans still hate A-Rod more than Griffey despite that Griffey left on arguably worse terms (demanding a trade versus leaving in FA). Griffey did make amends for the most part, though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Hunter Pence's hair is in the best shape of its life.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Certified G, bona fide stud, and you

Can't

Teach

That.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

cebrail posted:

I did this and now I have a sweet Blue Ray player and can play a bunch of other fun multiplayer games with people when they come over. Look for a used one in good shape :getin:

As for the Show, it's an incredible baseball video game; my biggest gripe though is that for $80 per year you'd think they could get some new commentary. I'm so loving sick of hearing the same lines every game over and over since the show '14. I think they added a couple new lines for '15 but it's essentially the same poo poo. MLB2K series had great commentary, even going so far as to have individualized commentary for most players. They even had something or Colby Rasmus like "everyone was wondering when St Louis was going to trade this guy, now that he's with the blue jays blah blah blah..."

Even for RTTS mode it wouldn't be hard for them to have a couple blurbs like "this guys career really hasn't been what we thought when we drafted him" or "wow Matt we're definitely looking at a future hall of famer"... For being the ONLY mlb game out there these days I expect a little more.

Other than that though the gameplay is superb and it looks really pretty, which is all you REALLY need from a game like this, but the 2K series had better commentary by a looooong shot

Also, I have bat-flipped foul balls multiple times :q:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Maurer has had blurred vision since 2013 according to concussion

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

seiferguy posted:

It's funny that Mariner fans still hate A-Rod more than Griffey despite that Griffey left on arguably worse terms (demanding a trade versus leaving in FA).
Amen.

seiferguy posted:

Griffey did make amends for the most part, though.
Before bailing off into the night without a word.

Don't particularly care about either player's exit when it's all said and done. I dig dingers. Arod and Griffey both own hard.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Deathlove posted:

Certified G, bona fide stud, and you

Can't

Teach

That.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Jenrry Mejia is now banned for life from baseball

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Is it all baseball or just MLB? Either way, continuing to use PEDs after twice testing positive is monumentally stupid.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I miss him so much :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Three failed drug tests in a year is some impressive hustle.

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

Julio Cruz posted:

Is it all baseball or just MLB?

Major League and Minor League Baseball, according to this screenshot: https://twitter.com/michaelgbaron/status/698262278060253189

Also, if see him trying to get into a pickup game, I'll stop it.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Julio Cruz posted:

Is it all baseball or just MLB? Either way, continuing to use PEDs after twice testing positive is monumentally stupid.

MLB and minor leagues it looks like. He could still get a job in an independent or foreign league I believe.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

make millions? nah gonna keep hitting this boldenone bro

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

MLB and minor leagues it looks like. He could still get a job in an independent or foreign league I believe.

That's what I thought, he'll probably end up in NPB or somewhere, where he'll probably make less than 10% of what he'd have got if he'd just put away the needle after strike 2.

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Way to make history, kid :iamafag:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
More like Jenrry Me-ji-aint-pitching-ever-again

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Julio Cruz posted:

That's what I thought, he'll probably end up in NPB or somewhere, where he'll probably make less than 10% of what he'd have got if he'd just put away the needle after strike 2.

Someone on Twitter (forget who, apologies) said NPB and KBO enforce MLB suspensions/bans.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So after firing Tommy Hutton, the Marlins/Fox Sports have decided to replace him with three rotating guys.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

FlamingLiberal posted:

So after firing Tommy Hutton, the Marlins/Fox Sports have decided to replace him with three rotating guys.

One of the new Marlins guys is Al Leiter, so that is cool for them. I will miss him on YES though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Mejia was only 25 and threw his prime years away. How incredibly dumb do you have to be?

• Locked thread