Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Here's a little math for you chumps: BET IT ALL ON BLACK ##move east

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Power of Pecota has moved into the EAST Room! The room was NOT TRAPPED

The town had just witnessed a grisly death. A horrible, needless death. "Hey, you know, maybe these numbers mean something?" One person said. Another took his shoe off, and thought about throwing it into a room. That person was not Power of Pecota.

"I'm a gamblin' man, and BLACK is the way to go. Last one in is a rotten egg!" PoP screamed, diving through the doorway.

Everyone held their breath as Power of Pecota dusted him/herself off, walking up to the obelisk. It just hummed quietly. Nothing at all happened. Everyone let out a sigh of relief as Power of Pecota walked back into the room with everyone in it.

"Just gotta go with them feels" PoP said.

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 14, 2016

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Okay time to actually play with the puzzle stuff.

Rarity posted:

I feel like we're missing something.

What's the relevance of Chlorophyll?

Unless it's a next level clue he meant chloroform.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

No it definitely smells like chlorophyll

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so we know that is safe, but not that its true

i think someone should risk their life and jump in 22 or we throw a shoe in there

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
Do you honestly think people care about you or the things you've done?

Do you really think you matter to anyone?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Harold Krell posted:

Do you honestly think people care about you or the things you've done?

Do you really think you matter to anyone?

hey jump in 22

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
If a room is safe do we all follow in?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Also just finished rewatching cube zero cos I thought I hadn't watched it already but I was wrong, It is the second best movie in the series cos hypercube was pretty lame. I also watched south bound, which is pretty good.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

PBS Newshour posted:

hey jump in 22

Are you comforted by a tight-knit group of family and friends that support you? Even if it's just one person?

If so, I resent you for that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Puntification posted:

If a room is safe do we all follow in?

if we can't find out the true room

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

With 24 alive, it takes 13 votes to chuck someone into a room

There is no one currently voting

There are :siren: 10 :siren: days until escape

There are :siren: 5 :siren: shoes left to be thrown

the OP has been edited for a few clarifications. If something is not meant to be known by the town, I won't answer questions to it. It's a very complicated game, please bear with me

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

If digital sums are part of the answer I feel like there's something to take from the fact that the down room has two 14s while none of the other rooms have repeats.

Also if you do digital sums of digital sums:

North 22 : 10 12 23 - > 1 3 5
South (trapped) 7: 15 14 16 -> 6 5 7
East (safe) 3: 12 14 19 -> 3 5 10
Down 1: 14 14 17 -> 5 5 8

West: 15 11 19 -> 6 2 10
Up: 15 18 12 -> 6 9 3

If you count the panel number as first in the sequence, east and down both ascend with one repeat. 1-3-5 on North does look promising though. hrm

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Does the thought of not existing appeal to you?

Everything you knew would be gone, but you would never feel sad or hurt anymore.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'll tinker around later, but especially since half of the viable true path rooms have been tested already I think we should definitely test both North and Down (with shoes or people, either way) before the end of the day, Having four independent safe/trapped results would be pretty huge for testing theories against.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Puntification posted:

was the hungry hungry caterpillar a big book in the us?

It's called the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and yes!

Dammit byers. But also this

Asiina posted:

Also rip Byers now you have time to make CYOS 2.0 I guess.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I suck at math but I'll try looking at this from a logic puzzle pov

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Another thing: double repeating consonants (Snuffaluffagus, giraffe, caterpillar) stick out at me looking at the assorted nouns in each of the rooms. I thought vowel count might be part of it too but unless the only other trapped room is West I don't think that pans out.

I'm going to do some dumb poo poo trying to assign numerical value to each word letter by letter but I'm guessing the solution's probably more tangential to the things in the rooms, like taking something from their first letter or first vowel or middle letter in each word or something.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Khris Kruel posted:

The descriptions of whatever is inside the room is just flavor. Ignore it please. It's just for interesting deaths if the room is trapped.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

It's funny how things like holidays and birthdays were once joyous events, and now they're just affirmations of how miserable your life has become.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

It's called the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and yes!

Dammit byers. But also this

thanks, I maintain my point about fearing the caterpillar then

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I don't care that this directly contradicts it - FEAR THE CATERPILLAR SHEEPLE

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Harold Krell posted:

It's funny how things like holidays and birthdays were once joyous events, and now they're just affirmations of how miserable your life has become.

jesus krell, do you need to talk? but to someone one else obviously I'm not terribly compassionate personally.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeah those are kind of some dark thoughts. You alright man?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Puntification posted:

jesus krell, do you need to talk? but to someone one else obviously I'm not terribly compassionate personally.

No matter what you do or say will really matter to anyone else in the end. No matter how hard you try, you'll only have yourself.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

move north

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Harold Krell posted:

No matter what you do or say will really matter to anyone else in the end. No matter how hard you try, you'll only have yourself.

Ah read your first book on existentialism I guess.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Taking a leap in the dark so I might die.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Puntification posted:

Ah read your first book on existentialism I guess.

You're going to regret saying this to me one day.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I think he's role-playing

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am still trying to wrap my head around this but I see tithin has moved north. I will volunteer myself for science room testing next

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

friendly reminder, please send me a message before you do something dumb. I'm not always around.

tithin has moved NORTH. It was a TRAP.

tithin, Vanilla Town, has moved North into a trap Day 1!

"Well, I mean I guess these panels mean something. Maybe we should figure out what they mean? I mean there has to be something that will help us survive," Some people of the group said. Alot of people had their fingers and hands on their chins, scratching aimlessly.

"Have you guys tried going into the rooms yet? That might work," Said tithin, eagerly jumping into the room with Snuffaluffagus.

Big bird's imaginary friend moved closer as tithin came to pet his long snout. It worked for a time. But Snuffaluffagus was imaginary, and the RED DRAGON that he turned into was not. With a quick yelp from tithin, he was quickly gobbled up by the enormous beast.

The Red Dragon turned back into Snuffaluffagus. You are not sure if you imagined what had happened or not. Tithin was gone though, and that was reality.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Lol stop killing yourself people.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

:munch:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Harold Krell posted:

You're going to regret saying this to me one day.

I only regret the things I haven't done *winks*

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##vote throw shoe into down room

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

OP says true path panel will always function and of the remaining directions (west, up, down), only down is on.

Thinking of going for it. Thoughts?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

If we are going to try to puzzle poo poo out all should move into safe room for more data

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Like, stop jumping into places and wait for tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends please stop dying

• Locked thread