Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

:siren: Welcome to Cube Mafia! :siren:

End of Day 1
Start of Day 2
End of Day 2
Start of Day 3
End of Day 3
Start of Day 3
End of Day 4
Start of Day 5
End of Day 5/Start of Day 6
End of Day 6/Start of Day 7
End of Day 7/Start of Day 8
End of Day 8/Start of Day 9

This is a game of mafia that is based off the movie "Cube." The normal rules of Mafia apply, but there is an added win condition in that the town can escape the Cube.

Standard Mafia Rules

Cube Mafia Rules

No editing your posts.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't post your role PM.
Don't spectator-post.
Don't post after hammers or daykills.
Don't post after dying.
Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
Don't fake day actions.

In this game there will be 6 directions that the town can take at any one time. North and South are arbitrary, and the town will secretly decide a standard to use before the beginning of each day, determined by me. Each direction will have its own section to look at with a lot going on. Example:

code:
The door to the North has a panel on it that has the picture of Admiral Ackbar on it.
There are 9 numbers above the panel, arranged in groups of 3's, that read 123 456 789.
Inside the room is Big Bird from Sesame Street, and he is waving at you
There are 6 exits with a panel under each door. The 6 panels in the room all relate to each other and form a "puzzle." The puzzles will get harder as the game progresses. The scum know which rooms are safe, which rooms are trapped, and which room brings you closer to the light of day. There may or may not be roles that influence the panels and rooms.

The descriptions of whatever is inside the room is just flavor. Ignore it please. It's just for interesting deaths if the room is trapped.

As for the puzzles, there will be three "groups". One of the panels will display the TRUE Path. Several of the panels will hold the SAFE Path. And the rest will be trapped. The TRUE and SAFE panels are related, somehow. It is up to you to figure out which rooms are safe and which rooms are trapped.

The panels may be doing weird things during the day. :siren:THE TRUE PATH'S PANEL WILL ALWAYS BE FUNCTIONING.:siren:

Everyday, you will all vote on who you would like to throw into a room. If you do not wish to throw anyone into a room, you may also vote for a no lynch to end the day early. You may make a vote by using the command ##vote: Player Name Goes Here: Direction you would like to throw them. You may also ##unvote at any time and change your vote accordingly. You only have one vote per person. When a player has reached votes from half the remaining players, they will be chucked into a room. If it's safe then they will not die. If it's trapped, they will be immediately killed and cardflipped. At that time the day will end and we will enter twilight. You will have one hour to vote on which direction the town would like to travel. SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE HAD GONE INTO THAT ROOM AT SOME POINT. If no one has moved into a safe room before the end of the day, then the town will not move. After a tally of the votes, the simple majority will win and the town will move. If the majority was a trapped room, the town will not move. If the room moved into was a safe room, then the town will not have moved closer to escape. The escape counter will not increase or decrease, just stay the same. If the room was the TRUE room, then you will be one day closer to victory.

At any time, a player may ##move into any room. If it was trapped, you will be immediately card flipped and the day continues. If it was the safe or true path, you will not die but you will not know if it was safe or true, only that it was not trapped. You may move as many times as you like. AGAIN, a player must have moved into a room you wish the town to move to in order to advance the escape route. If you make this command, please give me a heads up before doing anything stupid so that I may be present for your action. I'm not always around.

Also, if the town so desires, they may throw shoes into rooms to test for traps. Between the 25 of you, ONLY 5 OF YOU BROUGHT ONE SHOE. Ya'll dumb. You may throw shoes by having half the town votes on throwing a shoe with the command ##Throw Shoe: Direction you would like shoe to travel. One use of a shoe consumes it. When you run out of shoes, you're out of shoes.

The town wins when they either escape or have killed all the scum. The scum wins when they have a majority of the town.

I reserve the right to modkill lurkers or anyone that doesn't submit night actions at my leisure. This is not a lurker friendly game

Remaining Players
5. Asiina
9. King Burgundy
10. Hal Incandenza
12. Atoramos
13. Little Mac

Byers2142, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trapped room Day 1
tithin, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trapped room Day 1
MEDS CURES SCHIZOS, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trapped room Day 1
Power of Pecota, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trapped room Day 1
chaoslord, Unlynchable Townie, has moved into a trapped room Day 2
Gamerofthegame, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trapped room Day 2
katipo, Town Vanilla, has been modkilled for inactivity Day 2
Trasson, Scum Panel Blocker, has been modkilled for inactivity Day 2
Hiipfire, Town Cop, has been modkilled for inactivity Day 3
Harold Krell, Town Vanilla, has been modkilled for inactivity Day 3
King of Bleh, Town Vanilla, has been modkilled for inactivity Day 3
Epsilon Plus, Town Vanilla, has been modkilled for inactivity Day 3
AnonymousNarctoics, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trapped room Day 4
bowmore, Scum Roleblocker, has been modkilled for inactivity Day 4
yuming, Town Vanilla, has been thrown forcibly into a trap Day 4
Rarity, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trap Day 5
The Lord of Hats, Town Cuddler/Jailor, has been modkilled for inactivity Night 5
kaschei, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trap Day 9
PBS Newshour, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trap Day 9
Puntification, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trap Day 9

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

:siren:DAY 1:siren:

With 25 alive, it will take 13 votes currently to chuck someone into a room.

The day will end on Friday, February 19th, at 9 PM EST

There are currently :siren:TEN:siren: moves until escape

code:
This is the panel for the NORTH room

The panel is displaying the number TWENTY-TWO on it

There are a series of 9 numbers inscribed into the wall next to the door, spaced 3 at a time. They are 712 354 968

Inside the room is Snuffaluffagus from Sesame Street. Apparently he's not just Big Bird's imaginary friend?
code:
This is the panel for the SOUTH room

The panel is displaying the number SEVEN on it

There are a series of 9 numbers inscribed into the wall next to the panel, spaced 3 at a time. They are 825 734 196

Inside the room is what appears to be a figure with a long black cloak and a large sharp scythe.
You cannot see inside the black figure's clothes, and it appears to be hovering above the ground.
You recognize this as the figure death from popular culture.
code:
This is the panel for the EAST room

The panel is displaying the number THREE on it

There are a series of 9 numbers inscribed into the wall next to the panel, spaced 3 at a time. They are 219 635 784

Inside the room is a large black obelisk. It doesn't appear to be reflecting light at all.
code:
This is the panel for the WEST room

The panel is not displaying anything. It appears to be not turned on.

There are a series of 9 numbers inscribed into the wall next to the panel, spaced 3 at a time. They are 816 245 739.

Inside the room is a caterpiller. It is hairy, small, and not dangerous looking at all.
code:
This is the panel for the UP room

The panel is not displaying anything. It appears to be not turned on.

There are a series of 9 numbers inscribed into the wall next to the panel, spaced 3 at a time. They are 861 495 372.

Inside the room is a friendly clown. He is very colorful and eager, making honking jokes as you laugh at him.
code:
This is the panel for the DOWN room

The panel is displaying the number ONE on it.

There are a series of 9 numbers inscribed into the wall next to the panel, spaced 3 at a time. They are 329 851 746.

Inside the room is a giraffe. From the Serengeti. it doesn't look hungry, and it's food source is curiously absent.
You all wake up slowly. Some waking others up. Some curling into a corner, scared out of their minds. The room was ominous, with an electrical hum that blocked out any other sounds coming from other rooms. You could hear the sobs of the less mentally resilient though.

There were 6 exits, and each door opened as you came close to them. Each one another room just like the room you were standing in. The air was cold, and everything smelled of humans who hadn't showered in days and had pissed themselves. You all wanted out, but how?

Maybe the panels offered an explanation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorophyll

You all have allergic reactions to this chemical that makes you pass out.

You may continue with your suspension of disbelief

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 14, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

anyone else wake up inside a plant

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ey yo its ya boy

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I woked up in a stir-fry.

kaschei posted:

lol

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kaschei posted:

rofl, yeah.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

can someone please tell katipo to message me at khriskruel @ g mail dot com. He/she doesn't have private messages for some reason and hasn't received his/her role

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
you should post a link to this thread in the old thread cause I had to look through your post history to find it Khris

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Hm, yes, well in my estimation I am not as good at puzzle as I thought I was.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How do we kick Krell into a trap room?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
it's right there in the op,

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

In on the ground floor

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

can someone please tell katipo to message me at khriskruel @ g mail dot com. He/she doesn't have private messages for some reason and hasn't received his/her role

I will tell him to fix his poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Atoramos posted:

In on the ground floor

This can't be the ground floor, there's a down :v:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
puzzles!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait i think i already see something...

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Rarity posted:

This can't be the ground floor, there's a down :v:

Well I'm gonna call that a 'basement'.

Also I checked and none of the number sets are all Prime fwiw if I remember correctly that was the trick in Cube

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
numbers all have 1-9

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait there is another thing

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm not seeing anything obvious.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
add 1-9 you get 45, keep that in mind, i think i see something let me check the numbers

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm thinking we should avoid the room with the floating death though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its flavor

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I see two possible ways to separate three rooms into a group. The first is simple: ignore the group of nine, look at the main numbers. Three are prime: south, east, and down.

The second possible triad is looking at the first set of three. Three rooms start with an 8, and total to 15: south, west, and up.

I'm checking one more thing before I make a move.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Also I checked and none of the number sets are all Prime fwiw if I remember correctly that was the trick in Cube

I was wrong, here's a page on how the math worked in the movie. Since we have panel-numbers as well as the coordinates, I assume there's more to it than this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if you remove the spaces between the 9 numbers it looks like the top one can't be dived by 22 while the others can, but you know we have 2 blanks so...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Go big or go home.

##move south

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
no byers stop

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Byers2142 has moved into the SOUTH room, which was a :siren:TRAP:siren:

Byers2142, Town Vanilla, has moved into a trapped room Day 1!

"No byers! Think of the children!" the others screamed. Byers was sick of this poo poo, and no one told Byers2142 what to do. I mean, maybe all this trap bullshit was fake? Maybe it was just a corporate lie?

Byers quickly dropped into the South room, nodding to Death who was floating towards Byers. "Sup bro? High five" Byers said, raising his/her hand. A high powered laser shot from where Death's eyes would be, if you could see them, and Byer's arm fell off, cleanly cut.

"Ow, my loving arm," Byers said, cradling his/her cauterized stump of where his/her arm used to be. Death chuckled as more lasers began firing out of it's face, slicing Byers into fleshy chunks.

After Byers lay in motionless pieces, Death moved back to the center of the room, watching for another fool to enter.

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 14, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god drat it byers

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ownd lol

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

:angel: Welp! Good luck, town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Now that Byers tested that room, you sure?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Are all traps insta-kills? Do I need to read the op?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I think some are safe maybe? but read the op so I don't need to

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

King Burgundy posted:

Now that Byers tested that room, you sure?

yes its flavor dummy

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

22-1=7*3

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Puntification posted:

I think some are safe maybe? but read the op so I don't need to

some rooms are safe but they may not be the true path or something

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PBS Newshour posted:

yes its flavor dummy

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

kaschei posted:

22-1=7*3

and then 21 can be dived by all of those but 22!!!!!

• Locked thread