Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
:confused:

what the gently caress is wrong with teaching kids to use guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

gotta show the moose who's the real king or the forest

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

lilljonas posted:

Yes, but wrapped in thick plastic because why not

eeew. please keep your blood.

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Dongattack posted:

oslo isnt representative of norway imho, take a ride through the rest of the country
there are some insanely attractive country girls for sure, but 80% horrible skanks

Nordland has tons of insanely hot girls, and all the other regions I've been to aren't bad. Sure outside of the cities a lot of the girls are trashy solarium country bumpkins but they're still hotter than the average in any other country. The "big" cities have more attractive girls than anywhere else in the world.

If fit blonde girls put you off, I recommend you go to the Balkans or Portugal to for that mummitroll vibe

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

deputamadre posted:

Nordland has tons of insanely hot girls, and all the other regions I've been to aren't bad. Sure outside of the cities a lot of the girls are trashy solarium country bumpkins but they're still hotter than the average in any other country. The "big" cities have more attractive girls than anywhere else in the world.

If fit blonde girls put you off, I recommend you go to the Balkans or Portugal to for that mummitroll vibe

i never see any fit blondes, only on tv :negative:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

lilljonas posted:

True story: a coworker's kid was asked to bring a knife to daycare, back when they lived in Norway.

The kid was 2 years old. But hey, they're going for a walk in the woods, so of course they need their own knives, right?

How the hell can you be afraid of Swedes when you even arm your toddlers, that's worse than Finland god drat.

better than

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

lilljonas posted:

True story: a coworker's kid was asked to bring a knife to daycare, back when they lived in Norway.

The kid was 2 years old. But hey, they're going for a walk in the woods, so of course they need their own knives, right?

How the hell can you be afraid of Swedes when you even arm your toddlers, that's worse than Finland god drat.

teaching kids how to use a tool, how awful

norway sure is terrible

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dongattack posted:

i never see any fit blondes, only on tv :negative:

have you tried not being a goon that usually helps when youre trying to find hb 10's

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its true, our ladies are pretty

we are a pretty people

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
I find it hilarious that someone thinks it's outrageous to teach kids to use basic tools

it's much better that they spend their time playing candy crush and learn the 80 basic pronouns of modern swedish

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
youtre a tool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A two-year-old is poo poo at everything. I'd wait until four before giving them knives.

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
The day that kid stabs someone it will be more because of sociocultural factors in Sweden than because a norwegian kindergarten let him whittle some wood.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Yeah, I got my knife for scouting when I was 5 or so, and even then I managed to cut one of my thumbs so bad that I still have a long scar across half the finger. I think it is a tad early to have long, sharp tools at age 2.

Guess we're the sissy Scandinavians after all. :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lets give her knives, guns

- Americans

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Lets give her knives, guns

- Americans

Best youtube ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCwuHermrlc

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

chainsaw class was pretty sweet in second grade

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

lilljonas posted:

Yeah, I got my knife for scouting when I was 5 or so, and even then I managed to cut one of my thumbs so bad that I still have a long scar across half the finger. I think it is a tad early to have long, sharp tools at age 2.

Guess we're the sissy Scandinavians after all. :(

Hey you got an awesome scar out of it!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Hey you got an awesome scar out of it!

That.... is a point I can't refute. Touché. I now support kids having sharp knives.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I look forward to Sweden eventually joining NATO and coming under American rule.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
when i was 10 my dad gave me a 20cm+ hunting/bowie knife, i promptly brought it to school and scared the poo poo out of a guy that was picking on me, teachers brought me into the office ofc and said "lol dont do it again", times have changed

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

crabcakes66 posted:

I look forward to Sweden eventually joining NATO and coming under American rule.

Watch Lars Leijonborg start a loving war.

Dongattack posted:

when i was 10 my dad gave me a 20cm+ hunting/bowie knife, i promptly brought it to school and scared the poo poo out of a guy that was picking on me, teachers brought me into the office ofc and said "lol dont do it again", times have changed

The local Chilean gang had motorcycle chains in their lockers in junior high school, and just after I left for senior high there were huge drug busts, since redneck kids were dealing amphetamines in the halls.

:swoon:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dongattack posted:

i accidentally brought a bb pistol to school in the third grade because i left it in my backpack and if they found it i would have been expelled and sent to juvenile hall for a mistake lol. i thought about telling the teacher but didnt in the end because ofc theyd just call the cops anyway

i also got in trouble a year or so later for drawing a tank. i was told my punishment would have been worse if the tank had been shooting at someone instead of empty space. thanks obama

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sweden has never succumbed to filthy foreign rule. We have ruled these lands 4 e v e r

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Zzulu posted:

Sweden has never succumbed to filthy foreign rule. We have ruled these lands 4 e v e r

who wants that mineral-less bøgis marshlands, only swedes and immigrants, cant even make money on dalahest anymore

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

lol

until nappy put his henchman as your king 200 years ago

tbf, he learned the swedish backstabbing ways fast

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
In Finland teachers ask me to show up with an axe to their classes. I theorize it's a discipline thing?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Zzulu posted:

do you have a viking fetish or something, what's so cool about a bunch of dregs raiding townsfolk? It's like with pirates, they were a bunch of loving massive assholes but have somehow become totally romantizised nowadays

vikings employed a meritocratic sort-of democracy similar to athenian democracy, mongols and the iroquois confederacy, women were relatively emancipated and vikings believed you could speak with the gods if you drank a poo poo load of mead and ate mushrooms. personally im more interested in the latter part but the former could be something even a wimpy swede might find intriguing

Fushigi Yuugi fansub fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 17, 2016

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Vikings were poo poo eating scrubs

source: me, historian

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Free Market Mambo posted:

In Finland teachers ask me to show up with an axe to their classes. I theorize it's a discipline thing?

do you discipline the teachers with axes?

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Depends on how much they pay :shrug:

Budgets have been tight lately though.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Free Market Mambo posted:

Dongattack posted:

do you discipline the teachers with axes?

finland does have a high quality of education going for it so probably yes

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Tight like my iron fist.

Edit: too slow

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

hard counter posted:

finland does have a high quality of education going for it so probably yes

I understand the bougies and basic Finns are hard at work "fixing" this

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Randarkman posted:

Only Swedes want a Scandinavian union because they assume they will be the center of it.

Its funny when finland, denmark and norway are ripping on sweden.
Sweden has always been the bigger brother and they are so mad about that.

In later years Norway has really tried to take over the mantle by being oil rich but you are still Norway lol.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

:smuggo:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
thats made by a swede

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Whats all the green dots around the phone pole? That some sort of muslim call to prayer or something?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Has Svenskefaen been posted yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

• Locked thread