Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Snark posted:

The entire reason smoking makes you look cool is because tobacco companies have been pressing that image since advertisement became a thing. It worked, in violation of all sense.

What is inherently cool about a small stick that emits among the foulest of odors, stains the walls and your teeth, gives you the voice of cancer kermit- and cancer- while ensuring most people with a working nose want nothing to do with you or anything you've smoked enough around?

Hell, vaporizing could be made to look cool more easily and lack all of those drawbacks. The drat things already sound more like some retrofuturistic gun than the latest vice.

Get this: eggs are CHICKEN MENSTRUATIONS and big chicken has been lying to you this whole time! Who would want to eat menstruations???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
What's with all the goddamn cigarettes in TV shows lately? Is BIG tobacco trying to make it look cool again?

I mean that dumb Magicians show on Syfy... I was surprised to see all these kids smoking. Are they just trying to be edgy?

And then I watched the first ep of that new Hulu/James Franco flick. Cigarettes everywhere (I mean it's set in the 60s so... but they don't need to emphasize it so much.)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Im sick of MRA PUA neckbeard fedoras who suck cotton candy (as in, its for children, and NOT mature people) out of robot penises (as in, gay). Hell, I am glad that I am not goony, like that

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
if she vapes she gapes, that's how i met your mother

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Three words friend.
FLIP
BOX

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Funny how marketing supposedly made smoking cool when marketing is failing completely at making it not cool.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Germstore posted:

Funny how marketing supposedly made smoking cool when marketing is failing completely at making it not cool.

Here in Canada we adopted the graphic warning labels that would take up about 50% of a packs outer surface. For a while stores used to have "novelty" stickers that would fit perfectly over the warnings. People also switched to cigarette cases or simply markered over the warning. I hated it then but all they were trying to do is tell me the truth and I actively ignored it.

http://www.smoke-free.ca/warnings/canada-warnings.htm

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

HAmbONE posted:

Here in Canada we adopted the graphic warning labels that would take up about 50% of a packs outer surface. For a while stores used to have "novelty" stickers that would fit perfectly over the warnings. People also switched to cigarette cases or simply markered over the warning. I hated it then but all they were trying to do is tell me the truth and I actively ignored it.

http://www.smoke-free.ca/warnings/canada-warnings.htm

I can't imagine how anyone can start smoking in Canada with that stuff plastered all over the packs. Yeah give me the red pack, no the one that shows what my teeth will look like in ten years

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I can't imagine how anyone can start smoking in Canada with that stuff plastered all over the packs. Yeah give me the red pack, no the one that shows what my teeth will look like in ten years

when you first walk into a mcdonald's, you can look around and see where your future lies if you continue down that path, and yet people still do it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

people are loving dumb and pathetic sacks of garbage

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

shoophobo posted:

Three words friend.
FLIP
BOX

Lame thing about flip tops you cant do the shake like with a soft pack to shoot out a cigarette.

The nice thing about the flip top is when you only have 2-3 cigs left the package doesn't crumble in your pocket.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

As described by Dennis Leary it does not matter. If they called them tumors and came in a black package people would be lined up around the block going, I bet you get a tumor as soon as you smoke it.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 17, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I want to see vape teeth after 10 years of sucking candied glycerin through them

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Other Barry posted:

when you first walk into a mcdonald's, you can look around and see where your future lies if you continue down that path, and yet people still do it

what a poo poo analogy

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

shoophobo posted:

Three words friend.
FLIP
BOX

didnt shmorky do one flashtub with the flip-top-box song i remember something like that and it actually being pretty good

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
ya he did here it is http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-tub/flip-top-box/

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Hey guys I drove to class today smoking my peppermint ecig but now I'm in class and I left it in my car thanks for reading another gorilla man post

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

pro tier flash tub right here

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Howard Beale posted:

pro tier flash tub right here

Jefferson Brothers was better.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-tub/zelda-cdi-remix/

I'm Abe Lincoln and you can trust me,
With your small small children.
I won't molest them

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

tbf smoking something with rotting corpse parts on it is pretty metal

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Business Gorillas posted:

Hey guys I drove to class today smoking my peppermint ecig but now I'm in class and I left it in my car thanks for reading another gorilla man post

bro you vape?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

Build the brand

gently caress all that juice poo poo though. VaporGenie and a good lighter is all you need. Like a handheld hookah.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Cool n edgy cigarettes you say?

and lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_(cigarette)

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 18, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
personally i dont feel a strong need to vape

also it does look extremely lame

Here's a fun story, I saw a whole family vape once.

Well okay it wasn't a very fun story

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
So when you vape or smoke you swallow a small percentage of it and usually just pass it as farts or belch it up later. I have Crohn's Disease and if I swallow my vapor or cigarette smoke I gag really hard or sometimes throw up. In fact I switched to vaping because I was such a chain smoker that I would throw up pretty much every time I had tobacco.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ya could just stop

itd be cheaperr

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Get this: eggs are CHICKEN MENSTRUATIONS and big chicken has been lying to you this whole time! Who would want to eat menstruations???

I don't recall a marketing campaign to make eggs cool. It's just a food that we've eaten for thousands of years. We started eating them out of necessity and it carried over to the modern age. No multi-million marketing campaign to get people to eat it.

You goddammed dumbass.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah sounds like you've been brainwashed by Big Egg

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Look at these dumb millenials
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible,_Edible_Egg

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

I don't recall a marketing campaign to make eggs cool. It's just a food that we've eaten for thousands of years. We started eating them out of necessity and it carried over to the modern age. No multi-million marketing campaign to get people to eat it.

You goddammed dumbass.

lol

vape + memes = le epic win!!!

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

My favourite cigarette package warnings are from Vanuatu.

Such a beautiful language.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
this kilim the man

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

everything you buy has been marketed to you

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

BONGHITZ posted:

everything you buy has been marketed to you

hosed up if true

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Next you'll be telling me diamond rings were marketed to the american public as some sort of Jewish plot....

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Around marketers always stear clear

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Here is something you can't understand, sigaret I kilim man

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

You goddammed dumbass.

Do you think people only started smoking after big companies started advertising? Smoking, chewing and whatever else you can do with tobacco has been around also for thousands of years, you idiot.

"I bet people drink alcohol only because ads tell them it's cool"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I mean yeah the ads certainly cemented the idea in popular culture - it's not like they had no effect, they practically created the entire modern image of a cowboy. But smoking was cool long before that.

• Locked thread