Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
drat. I went to grab a few more chalices and hadn't realized they had jumped to 50. Guess I only need 2 for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Well, I guess I have all the blue duals I will ever need

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

look if you don't think Gaea's Avenger shooting up over 1000% overnight based on 0 tournament results is the best poo poo ever then get the gently caress out of my thread, because I want $200 Mox Diamonds to be real. :killdozer:

I no-joke want to write a book about MTGFinance and publish it with the title "UNREGULATED MARKETS ARE loving STUPID, LIBTARDS, AND THIS IS WHY"

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

And yet City of Traitors hasn't budged. wtf

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I won't be satisfied until a single one of my revised underground seas buys me a new macbook pro straight up. So I could sell them all and have a dozen macbook pros. :getin:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

I won't be satisfied until a single one of my revised underground seas buys me a new macbook pro straight up. So I could sell them all and have a dozen macbook pros. :getin:

Just need 60 or so iPods to simulate a deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So is Mox Diamond 100 bucks because people are trying to play it in the Eldrazi deck?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

mcmagic posted:

So is Mox Diamond 100 bucks because people are trying to play it in the Eldrazi deck?

It's $100 because it's reserve-listed, and people are assuming WotC is going to pump more than a tiny-print-run masters set into reviving legacy. More interest/people with a few cards that make up a legacy deck=more demand. The Eldrazi legacy deck probably wants nothing to do with this, losing a land isn't in its best interests of cranking out a T1 Chalice/Thorn/Three-ball, compared to using various Guides and just normal Sol Lands.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Everblight posted:

It's $100 because it's reserve-listed, and people are assuming WotC is going to pump more than a tiny-print-run masters set into reviving legacy. More interest/people with a few cards that make up a legacy deck=more demand. The Eldrazi legacy deck probably wants nothing to do with this, losing a land isn't in its best interests of cranking out a T1 Chalice/Thorn/Three-ball, compared to using various Guides and just normal Sol Lands.

The build's I'm seeing also play Crucible main which is how you support the Diamonds.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

mcmagic posted:

The build's I'm seeing also play Crucible main which is how you support the Diamonds.

I bumped my land count and kept diamond. Helps you follow the prison effect with a reality smasher/thought knot.
Someone sent me this article. It's a decent read.
http://southfloridamagic.com/the-evolution-of-eldrazi-shops/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Snacksmaniac posted:

I bumped my land count and kept diamond. Helps you follow the prison effect with a reality smasher/thought knot.

How many lands are you playing? I think the best things to pitch to Diamond are extra Eye's/Cavern of Souls/Urborg if you're playing that.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The list in that article is at 24 and I was 23-24 on Thursday.
Felt a lot more comfortable casting things at that land count.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Boco_T posted:

Sythe can you post your most recent WU Prison list, I haven't assembled the deck in like 18 months

Sorry, I got real busy. I also haven;t updated it in a while but here's the list:

4 Ghostly Prison
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Leyline of Sanctity
4 Supreme Verdict
4 Detention Sphere
4 Suppression Field
3 Idyllic Tutor
3 Runed Halo
2 Sigil of the Empty Throne
2 Sphinx's Revelation
1 Heliod, God of the Sun

4 Temple of Enlightenment
1 Mistveil Plains
1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
12 Plains
1 Island
3 Glacial Fortress
3 Hallowed Fountain

SB:
3 Stony Silence
3 Rest in Peace
3 Timely Reinforcements
3 Porphyry Nodes
2 Nevermore
1 Oblivion Ring

The island should probably be another dual. It was old tech from when Blue Moon was real popular

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
#wokeuplikedis

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgeternal

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

This is the most circle-jerky thing I've ever seen in this game.

Obviously it's on Reddit.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

This is the most circle-jerky thing I've ever seen in this game.

Obviously it's on Reddit.

How is no reserved list legacy circle-jerky?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
a post so nice I posted it twice

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

How is no reserved list legacy circle-jerky?

A. It's on Reddit.

2. It's a bunch of people who latched onto a really, really terrible idea because ?????

C. Eternal Constructed Team applications

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

What's wrong with it? It seems like a good way to get around the reserve list problems that everyone has been pointing out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

A. It's on Reddit.

2. It's a bunch of people who latched onto a really, really terrible idea because ?????

C. Eternal Constructed Team applications

It's a really, really good idea, actually, Legacy's dead and Modern's terrible right now/in general most of the time.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Irony Be My Shield posted:

What's wrong with it? It seems like a good way to get around the reserve list problems that everyone has been pointing out.

If you like a format where burn is the best deck go for it.

Edit: Or I guess it could be sneak and show because it barely loses anything.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 18, 2016

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

All the fair decks barely lose anything either. Maybe burn will need a couple of bans but that doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Irony Be My Shield posted:

All the fair decks barely lose anything either. Maybe burn will need a couple of bans but that doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem.

Yeah it's not like they lose the most important cards in the format and have to make massive changes to their manabase or anything.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah it's not like they lose the most important cards in the format

Mystic Snake is on the reserve list??????

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I'm all for more Magic if people want to play it, so I'm not criticizing the idea itself but no reserve Legacy would be a completely different animal and the meta would likely look completely different.

Like I said I'm all for it if people want to play another format with cool cards but I don't think its reasonable to pretend people will just play Zen Duals and Shocks and we'll all just play the same decks.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

UW Miracles seems really loving good in NRL Legacy. It loses Tundra and nothing else, and it has an easier time than anything else just using Prairie Streams and a single Hallowed Fountain as its dual. Fetch the Fountain for any line that involves Swords to Plowshares before T3 or T3 Council's Judgement, otherwise you're very happy with a manabase of 2 Stream, 1 Fountain, 1 Plains, 5 Island, 12 fetches.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I'm all for more Magic if people want to play it, so I'm not criticizing the idea itself but no reserve Legacy would be a completely different animal and the meta would likely look completely different.

Like I said I'm all for it if people want to play another format with cool cards but I don't think its reasonable to pretend people will just play Zen Duals and Shocks and we'll all just play the same decks.

Yeah the format becomes really weird since all of the interesting mana management decks go away - delver, storm, lands, elves, 4c loam, and shardless probably all just die. Reanimator, Burn, Miracles, and Sneak&Show probably survive pretty well. There probably would be a storm deck of some sort, but it's much worse.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah the format becomes really weird since all of the interesting mana management decks go away - delver, storm, lands, elves, 4c loam, and shardless probably all just die. Reanimator, Burn, Miracles, and Sneak&Show probably survive pretty well. There probably would be a storm deck of some sort, but it's much worse.

You think shardless bug would die? I'm not sure if it couldn't translate. Elves can live without cradle from what I understand.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Errant Gin Monks posted:

You think shardless bug would die? I'm not sure if it couldn't translate. Elves can live without cradle from what I understand.
Shardless is already not great against burn, and it gets a lot worse without Duals. Elves can live without Cradle, but it's much less of an explosive combo deck at that point.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Yeah I see something similar happening with decks that rely heavily on duals like Delver Variants, Shardless, and the decks that have critical pieces axe like Elves and Storm all just becoming unappealing choices. It's not about "dying" as in the decks becoming awful or anything but the format is already about pretty tight margins, becoming slightly worse can pretty easily mean you're just not a realistic option anymore. There could be an elves deck without Cradle for example, but then is it fast enough and consistent enough to beat Burn and Miracles?

That's not so say other stuff might not pop up, does Merfolk Suddenly become the go to Aggro-Control deck? Maybe? The format could as easily just narrow down to the few decks that could survive the shift mostly intact or care less about taking damage.

It might not be a bad format, but it would certainly be crazy different.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 19, 2016

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Elves losing cradle and duals means it's real hard for them to be explosive or consistent. The black splash being painful also means that since they arent as explosive they're much more susceptible to being rushed down (since they probably dont want to be chumping)

I've seen a cool Blue Moon legacy deck that I think I posted the tech of a while ago that seems like it would be strong. It loses city of traitors unfortunately.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Does Delver actually lose that much? Seems to me they benefit from the shocks quickening the clock close to as much as they lose from Daze stinging more

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Does Delver actually lose that much? Seems to me they benefit from the shocks quickening the clock close to as much as they lose from Daze stinging more

I think RUG Delver specifically gets marginally better but still loses a lot. BUG Delver gets much worse and UR Delver gets much better because UR is, and always has been, burn with a few blue cards.

Without LED? Someone might be able to figure something out but it would be a lot worse.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Delver doesn't really have the option of going for basics like other decks do so the Delver player is going to disproportionately hit himself more than a guy running a deck with actual basics. That's going to make a lot of match ups significantly worse. Neither the RUG tempo style of old Delver decks or the more recent 4 Color-Goodstuff decks are going to very appealing when they have to shock themselves more often than their opponents. The four color goodstuff versions might not be viable at all IMO. U/R disappeared without Treasure Cruise, but maybe it becomes more viable?

It's gonna be a whole different world, its not just about what cards you lose access to or whether the changes in lands hurt you, but a few shifts in the metagame make certain plans a lot worse. If Wasteland starts being a less appealing card in a world where there are real incentives to playing more basics, and if enough of the meta shifts then the old stand-by of "Stifle, Wasteland, I win" might no longer be viable either.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 19, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

I think RUG Delver specifically gets marginally better but still loses a lot. BUG Delver gets much worse and UR Delver gets much better because UR is, and always has been, burn with a few blue cards.

Without LED? Someone might be able to figure something out but it would be a lot worse.

Unban Mind's Desire

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Delver doesn't really have the option of going for basics like other decks do so the Delver player is going to disproportionately hit himself more than a guy running a deck with actual basics. That's going to make a lot of match ups significantly worse. Neither the RUG tempo style of old Delver decks or the more recent 4 Color-Goodstuff decks are going to very appealing when they have to shock themselves more often than their opponents. The four color goodstuff versions might not be viable at all IMO. U/R disappeared without Treasure Cruise, but maybe it becomes more viable?

It's gonna be a whole different world, its not just about what cards you lose access to or whether the changes in lands hurt you, but a few shifts in the metagame make certain plans a lot worse. If Wasteland starts being a less appealing card in a world where there are real incentives to playing more basics, and if enough of the meta shifts then the old stand-by of "Stifle, Wasteland, I win" might no longer be viable either.

It's also a big thing that daze becomes really, really hard to justify and it's a huge part of that deck.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Unban Mind's Desire

This for real.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

No Ban List Modern is more accessible and has a more balanced metagame than Legacy or Modern right now.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

suicidesteve posted:

I mean it would be no ban list modern storm but with even more tools, so I could see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chamale posted:

No Ban List Modern is more accessible and has a more balanced metagame than Legacy or Modern right now.

Signed,

A Storm Player

• Locked thread