Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I'm happy to have Europol in here except for Germans, Austrians, Finns and Estonians. There's obviously exceptions but the ones who slide into Europol are racist motherfuckers and GC is far-right even for them.

Gee, has Cameron just signed the deal for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Gee, has Cameron just signed the deal for you!

Yeah, it's awful. Worst deal possible for either side of the EU.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

big scary monsters posted:

It might be a victory in Cameron's eyes but these are some really loving lovely exceptions and I wish that they'd just called his bluff and told him to gently caress off and leave if he's so unhappy being in the EU.

Cameron doesn't want us to leave and neither do the other EU members, he was pretty much always going to :airquote:get a deal:airquote: so he'd have something to wave in triumph, even if it's basically worthless (it's still going to gently caress over ordinary people though)

That's the con really, Cameron has spent all this time claiming the EU is responsible for all our problems, now he has to argue that it's not anymore and we should stay in. He needs his magic beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I know Cameron doesn't want to leave, that's why this whole supposed hardline negotiation was a bluff. I also know most of the rest of the EU doesn't want the UK to go either, which is I suppose why they made some concessions. But still I'd have liked to have seen him come back empty handed, both because the concessions he got are bad and will hurt people, and because I think he's personally a prick and want to see him fail.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I re-watched The Thick of It again this week; it made me very sweary.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

El Scotch posted:

I re-watched The Thick of It again this week; it made me very sweary.

I still think Malcolm freaking the gently caress out in the taxi is my favourite scene.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

I still think Malcolm freaking the gently caress out in the taxi is my favourite scene.

I had to consciously stop myself from saying "come the gently caress in, or gently caress the gently caress off" to someone standing in my office doorway.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

El Scotch posted:

I had to consciously stop myself from saying "come the gently caress in, or gently caress the gently caress off" to someone standing in my office doorway.

Haha, imagine having to explain that one.

I absent-mindedly said "I win, because they think I pissed myself, they have no idea I came all in my pants" when someone mentioned (theoretically) weeing themselves, and there was a tense 3 seconds before they remembered it was peep show and not me suddenly revealing myself as the terrifying goon that I am

I have never felt so relieved as when they laughed with realisation

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I know Cameron doesn't want to leave, that's why this whole supposed hardline negotiation was a bluff. I also know most of the rest of the EU doesn't want the UK to go either, which is I suppose why they made some concessions. But still I'd have liked to have seen him come back empty handed, both because the concessions he got are bad and will hurt people, and because I think he's personally a prick and want to see him fail.

Well yeah of course! But it's a game and the other leaders are in the same business, so it would have been surprising if they didn't give him token concessions instead of going 'haha gently caress you'

I wish they'd dragged it out a bit longer so we could have had another day of headline news like 'nobody knows what's happening' and 'this guy went for coffee' and 'Merkel went out for chips'. Can't blame them for wanting to spend as little time with him as possible though

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

It might be a victory in Cameron's eyes but these are some really loving lovely exceptions and I wish that they'd just called his bluff and told him to gently caress off and leave if he's so unhappy being in the EU.

Cameron doesn't want us to leave the EU and the EU doesn't want the UK to leave either. It would be a disaster for all concerned.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pissflaps posted:

Cameron doesn't want us to leave the EU and the EU doesn't want the UK to leave either. It would be a disaster for all concerned.

I'm voting to remain largely because i work with a guy from lithuania i like and he's hosed if we vote to leave and i imagine a lot of people will for similar reasons

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Jungle pitching up in Kent would do more to destabilise the tories than literally anything in the next five years could.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I mean I can't see Jeremy Corbyn having a popular answer because he'd probably say something massively unpopular like "Let's help these people" and so we'd vote Golden Kip or something

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
Gonna predict that we'll not only end up voting to leave the EU, but also Cameron will steadfast refuse to step down.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Leaving the EU would be funny if labour immediately rejoined upon winning the next election as the tories and the economy implode.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

Leaving the EU would be funny if labour immediately rejoined upon winning the next election as the tories and the economy implode.

Yes this is a funny and also possible scenario.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
How would leaving the EU affect house prices? That is really the critical question here.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Chocolate Teapot posted:

Gonna predict that we'll not only end up voting to leave the EU, but also Cameron will steadfast refuse to step down.
Hasn't he already said he's staying even if it's a No vote?

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

XMNN posted:

He's definitely said that but who knows what would go down if we actually left.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The pro-EU wing of the Tories would be loving livid if Cameron manages to lose the referendum. He might survive the inevitable rebellion, but the Tory government would probably be toast.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

XMNN posted:

I mean he's stepping down at some point before the next election. May as well gently caress off this summer.

Although I'm not sure Gideon or BoJo would be any better.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

baka kaba posted:

Cameron doesn't want us to leave and neither do the other EU members, he was pretty much always going to :airquote:get a deal:airquote: so he'd have something to wave in triumph, even if it's basically worthless (it's still going to gently caress over ordinary people though)

I really really hope he's stupid enough to get off his plane/the Eurostar/whatever and announce that he holds in his hand a piece of paper....

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm definitely campaigning to leave the EU at this point, I'm afraid.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tesseraction posted:

Please don't, I'd be hosed if it happened (no idea how much exactly). I work on developing medical devices to help cure cancer?

And even discounting the personal dimension of it, lots of other people, both British and otherwise, would get hosed pretty hard too. Except for the rich of course, they'd probably profit like with the financial crisis.

And lol if you think that Britain would acceleration it's way back into the EU. It'd just become the "new normal", like everything else the tories did.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Tesseraction posted:

Good, maybe we can get a second indyref.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Private Speech posted:

Please don't, I'd be hosed if it happened (no idea how much exactly). I work on developing medical devices to help cure cancer?

And even discounting the personal dimension of it, lots of other people, both British and otherwise, would get hosed pretty hard too. Except for the rich of course, they'd probably profit like with the financial crisis.

And lol if you think that Britain would acceleration it's way back into the EU. It'd just become the "new normal", like everything else the tories did.

Just come tae Scotland man, you'll be grand.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Coohoolin posted:

Just come tae Scotland man, you'll be grand.

Don't think my job would move there with me. I did consider living in Edinburgh at one point, but it's a bit too cold and miserable.

And I don't think there will be a second indyref either.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 20, 2016

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
There's not going to be a second indyref.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

With the landslide that the SNP got last May, combined with this May, combined with a Brexit vote that Scotland doesn't vote for? There will almost certainly be another indyref before too long.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Perhaps, but do you not think there would be something slightly off if the SNP kept calling indyrefs until they get the answer they want, it strikes me that people are voting SNP for reasons other than wanting to leave the UK.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

StoneOfShame posted:

Perhaps, but do you not think there would be something slightly off if the SNP kept calling indyrefs until they get the answer they want, it strikes me that people are voting SNP for reasons other than wanting to leave the UK.

perhaps they shouldn't

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

What kind of beer is that, it looks pretty good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

StoneOfShame posted:

I mean yeah, people are voting for the SNP because a lot of people are fed up with Labour cronyism, & they feel that they are able to look out & get a better deal for Scotland. But independence is a key part of the SNP platform. I don't think there will be perennial indyrefs but voting to leave the EU is a pretty massive change that wasn't on the cards when we voted originally in September 2014. And it's not like Scotland voted for anti-EU MPs, even our Tory MP is voting to stay in the EU.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well it's a choice between that and this one

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

david cameron really is a moist character isnt he

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Yes hello this is how early we get up when the fash are on the march :toot: :suicide:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Last time the fash were here was the 20th anniversary of the piper alpha. We had 15 fash bussed up fae leeds and blackpool and 300 sheep shaggers gaan feck aff, ya wee cunts.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Drink some water, Father Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Oberleutnant posted:

Yes hello this is how early we get up when the fash are on the march :toot: :suicide:

Hmm, maybe that's why my daughter is up at 5 every morning. Need to start taking her to more antifa demos.

• Locked thread