Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

orangelex44 posted:

I dunno, if you're also running Mystics and Rejuvenators it can be a bit much. I've never lost a game and went, "boy, if I'd only had another Sundrop!"; at some point you need minions or removal. My losses as Lyonar I usually attribute to either excellent early draws by the opponent before I can establish board control, or an inopportune board wipe I couldn't compensate for - healing doesn't really fix either problem.

In fairness, the impact healing has is a lot less blatant when you're the one healing since you'll rarely know that your opponent could have totally burst you for a lethal 12 damage last turn if you hadn't %(@#% Sundropped for the 4th time this game, mostly because this game doesn't have a chat window for him to express himself in.

The opportunity cost to running healing cards is also a lot less in this game than others due to the 2-draws and fact that your General counterattacks: more life is more damage.

I would cut Divine Bond and Decimate before Sundrop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

amazeballs posted:

Yeah that list is solid. At this point just keep playing it and don't be afraid to make your own calls on what to change around. Obviously don't be quick to judge but if Arclyte Regalia feels like a dead card in your hand too often its a good idea to scrap it. The only comment I have is that Sundrop is the best healing spell in the game and not running three of the best healing spell in the game is unsettling to me.
Well, I went back to a single regalia and put the third drop back in. Thing is, I like regalia more as a wild card than as a staple my deck plays. I guess it's just my style or whatever, but I also really don't like to run more than one because it's a quasi dead card in the Vetru matchup right now. Rasha's and blast minions are just too punishing. On the topic of healing, I think it's important to make a distinction between heal that's bound to face, and flex heal. Having more flex heal allows you to just toss a sun drop to heal 2 on a knight if it locks the on-board math in your favor. And it's also useful to smooth your mana curve here and there.

Anyway, I had some time to sit and play my deck, and it worked a lot better then before. I took note of what orangelex44 said about a slower playstyle, and focused a lot more on strategy and control instead of early pressure. Take my time, think my plays through to the end, that kind of stuff you know? With the board strategy, this game really has a nice amount of depth and a lot of things you need to stay on top off. It probably also helps that I know most staple cards/aoe by now, and don't just stumble into them. Got to rank 7 with like two losses, and that feels pretty nice after being glued to 10 since early on this season. Granted, most of my matches were not against Vet or Van, but it's a start :v:

Oh, and with casual being a thing now, I also started to gently caress around with other factions for a bit. Songhai seems really drat fun to play, but most of the good cards are real expensive. I lucked on two boars though , so I whipped together a deck. Worked well enough in the few matches I played, but tell me things if you like.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 20, 2016

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
The other part of healing for me is that, since I like Regalia, there is potentially a ton of damage I don't take. A couple stacked Regalia can be worth 10+ healing by themselves! Plus they become a huge focus for the other guy, who typically has to leave minions on the board that can become big problems for him later.

w/r/t the Songhai deck above, it looks like you've packed enough of the rear end in a top hat cards in that it'll work fine. I play very little Songhai, but if you've got boars and Inner Focus that alone should drag you through a bunch of wins (in unranked especially).

edit: and for the millionth time, gently caress Vetruvian. So broken.

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 20, 2016

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Have to say this game is hella fun. I've finally gotten around to getting serious about getting all the factions to 11. I started off playing the AI to do it but I saw some advice that recommended not doing that. So I started playing a mix of ranked and unranked. Even with just using the starter decks I've been able to win a fair amount of matches. Got Magmar to 11 and am working on Lyonar now.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Made Diamond finally! My ~0% win rate against Vetruvian cannot stop me when I'm 50% against Vanar and 75% against literally anyone else... sooner or later, the win streak goes in my favor. I even got desperate enough to craft Holy Immolation but after 10 games it did literally nothing for me, so my mental jury's still out on if I should keep it in my deck.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Holy immolation is good please don't remove that from your deck.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Every time my opponent casts Holy Immolation I whisper "gently caress you".

Basically,

GreyPowerVan posted:

I've saved up a bunch of gold to use in the gauntlet this weekend. Are there any good articles with advice for drafting in this game?

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

vulturesrow posted:

Have to say this game is hella fun. I've finally gotten around to getting serious about getting all the factions to 11. I started off playing the AI to do it but I saw some advice that recommended not doing that. So I started playing a mix of ranked and unranked. Even with just using the starter decks I've been able to win a fair amount of matches. Got Magmar to 11 and am working on Lyonar now.

Yeah you can definitely go straight to ranked. It's fun to play vs humans and you can't really do anything to 'damage' your rank since its just one big grind to S-rank.

I guess doing AI games to get all the faction cards unlocked wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Also do all the challenges. Its 600 gold and that's 6 packs! :v: If you really don't enjoy doing them just look up solutions online but they are fun and teach good mechanics / cool interactions so I think they are worth doing on your own.

It's exciting to hear people are trying this game out and enjoying it. I can't wait for Steam release.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

amazeballs posted:

Yeah you can definitely go straight to ranked. It's fun to play vs humans and you can't really do anything to 'damage' your rank since its just one big grind to S-rank.

I guess doing AI games to get all the faction cards unlocked wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Also do all the challenges. Its 600 gold and that's 6 packs! :v: If you really don't enjoy doing them just look up solutions online but they are fun and teach good mechanics / cool interactions so I think they are worth doing on your own.

It's exciting to hear people are trying this game out and enjoying it. I can't wait for Steam release.

The reasoning behind not playing the AI to level the factions was that it teaches bad habits. I do have to say that having done AI only for a while and then switching to playing live players I found that I started valuing cards differently and probably more appropriately Id guess. Enjoying Lyonar a bit more than Magmar right now. About halfway to 11 with them now.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I'd say play against the AIs for cards simply because playing against people without those cards kind of sucks. Since you only have to do it for a short while I don't really think it's a bad idea.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Oh, I know it's good, I just don't know if it's as good as other things for my playstyle. I've essentially gotten to Platinum without it, so I've got to be doing something right. I hate playing against it, but in Lyonar mirrors I've been doing pretty well.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I've come to the conclusion that I just suck at gauntlet. I apparently can't draft worth crap.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Stretch Marx posted:

I've come to the conclusion that I just suck at gauntlet. I apparently can't draft worth crap.

Happens to everyone. Some drafts just aren't good - I don't get a single legendary in ~50% of drafts, for example. However, most drafts should at least be able to get to 3-3 with good play. Curve out well, try to have some hard removal and AOE, a bit of healing, and a Big Threat.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Stretch Marx posted:

I'd say play against the AIs for cards simply because playing against people without those cards kind of sucks. Since you only have to do it for a short while I don't really think it's a bad idea.

As I said, I've had a different experience. Playing with starter decks I've been able to easily hold my own playing live opponents. And I'm probably wrong about this, but it sure seems like you get more XP playing live.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Found out about this game a few weeks ago and haven't touched hearthstone since; This game is very much "my poo poo".
Coming here for some advice on my gantlet draft process, picked this deck a little while ago:

Choices were between Songhai, Vetruvian, and Vanar. I think Vanar was the right choice because it's less reliant on combos?

1. Memmerize, Azurehorn Shaman, Mark Of Solitude
2. Ash Mephyt, Maw, Polarity
3. Frostfire, Snowpiercer, Flash Freeze
4. Blaze Hound, Deathblighter, Hailstone Golem
5. Sun Seer, Fire Spitter, Planar Scout
6. Cryogenesis, Borean Bear, Wolfraven
7. Primus Fist, Vale Hunter, Repulsor Beast
8. Alcuin Loremaster, Boundless Courage, Winterblade
9. Wind Runner, Slivertongue Corsair, Crimson Oculus
10. Wind Runner, Azurehorn Shaman, Prophet Of The White Palm
11. Moebius, Aethermaster, Purgatos The Realmkeeper
12. Boundless Courage, Winterblade, Aethermaster
13. Snowpiercer, Saberspine Tiger, Crystal Wisp
14. Cryogenesis, Polarity, Arctic Displacer
15. Borean Bear, Crystal Wisp, Aspect Of The Fox
16. Dark Nemesis, Archon Spellbinder, Golem Vanquisher
17. Slivertongue Corsair, Emerald Rejuvenator, Wind Runner
18. Crystal Wisp, Putrid Dreadflayer, Bloodshard Golem
19. Polarity, Borean Bear, Helm Of Mechazor
20. Memmerize, Prophet Of The White Palm, White Widow
21. Rust Crawler, Saberspine Tiger, Bloodshard Golem
22. Wolfraven, Hearth-Sister, Healing Mystic
23. Crimson Oculus, Glacial Elemental, Memmerize
24. Stormmetal Golem, Young Flamewing, Rock Pulverizer
25. White Widow, Mark Of Solitude, Mindwarper
26. Blazing Spines, Manaforger, Cannon Of Mechazor
27. Hearth-Sister, Hailstone Prison, Polarity
28. Dagger Kiri, Ash Mephyt, Planar Scout
29. Snowpiercer, Avalanche, Stormmetal Golem
30. Glacial Elemental, Azurehorn Shaman, White Widow

Since I assume that like myself a lot of people don't know what half the cards do based on just their names I took the time to link them to their descriptions (:nutshot: x 90)
Any and all advice is wanted- what you would have picked instead, how I should expect to play the deck, potential combos, etc.

Waiting a few hours until past midday so hopefully there'll be a higher % of sub-par players online for me to beat on. I really don't want to waste this run so mad props for any help you can give me.

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 20, 2016

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Why is there a person playing the Third Wish Vetruvian netdeck in unranked?

edit: on the deck above, it certainly looks playable. Not sure I'd have taken the cannon of MECHAZOR, there's not much synergy there and you had pretty good alternate options that also fit your curve. I also would pass on Moebius, it's pretty trash while Aethermaster is amazing in Gauntlet. I never know what to do with the Dagger Kiri/Ash Mephyt choice that seems to pop up every drat time, they're both really solid - for Vanar, though, I would probably lean towards the Mephyt. As far as how to play it, unless you get an epic draft (sorry, you didn't), my suggestion is to play to keep dudes on the board as much as possible, don't waste your removal on trivial poo poo, be a little choosy when you play your Big Threat so it won't be instantly squished.

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 20, 2016

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Digital Fingers posted:

Since I assume that like myself a lot of people don't know what half the cards do based on just their names I took the time to link them to their descriptions (:nutshot: x 90)
Any and all advice is wanted- what you would have picked instead, how I should expect to play the deck, potential combos, etc.

Polarity is crap and you mostly got shafted out of the best Vanar cards (Fenrir Warmaster, Hailstone Prison, Chromatic Cold, Razorback), but it otherwise looks fine.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Eh, Polarity at least has utility options, and his other choices weren't fantastic (3rd pick Ash Mephyt? Maybe, but I dunno.) At least no one plays around it so you can do things like trade Ironcliffes on the cheap.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Since you're coming from hs, chances are you played arena so gauntlet drafting should be familiar to you. And at first glance, it looks that way. There are only a few choices where I can say something.

10. Would have probably taken the Windrunner since 1/4 stats isn't good and getting the effect off is tricky at times. But you can make a case for your first 2 drop so whatever
13. Since you already had a Snowpiercer, Tiger would have been my option since it fits the same role but is more flexible
16. 100% Spellbinder. Like, that card is so hugely undercosted that it's a crime. Nem isn't awful, but too slow imo for what it does
18. You could have considred the Putrid here. Bloodshard usually doesn't survive a trade, and with like 3 buffs at this point there's a chance for the flying effect of the Putrid to hit big time. It's a cheeky play though so just a thought
19. Would 100% have taken Helm here. You need 2 drops in this game, and Polarity just isn't worth more than 1 slot.
22. You can really make a case for either 2 drop here, but I would have taken the Mystic since healing is very good and you already have some removals. Also 2/3 stats survives a hit by the enemy general and is usually prefered
24. This is an unfortunate pick. Like, Rock is very bad but you could kinda make a case since you lack 2 drops so badly. However the plain golem would have been the better value pick since it's a solid finisher. And even the Flamewing could be justified since it's a possible 5 to face carrier and your deck looks like it needs to push. Dunno, I would have probably taken the golem.
25. Would have taken a 2nd Widdow here. Mark is a very powerful board control card, but 2 in a deck without ranged minions is kinda clunky. Dunno, you can go either way tbh
29. With two Snowpiercers already, Golem deffo wins.

Not the best offerings you got there imo. The lack of solid 2 drops makes you really suspectible to losing the opening clash over the mana tiles and then you need fast removal to catch up. Mulligan aggressively for your small cards, and maybe keep a Snowpiercer in your opening hand. Your midgame also totally depends on you drawing one of your 4 drops, so cycle cards to dig for them. Closing a game will probably require you to yolo push face once you grabbed the board, so try to think like hs Hunter after that point. Dunno, I think this will be a tough one since your card quality is kinda poor overall. With good play you should be able to grab some wins, but don't expect 7+ imo :v:

orangelex44 posted:

Not sure I'd have taken the cannon of MECHAZOR, there's not much synergy there and you had pretty good alternate options that also fit your curve.
Forger or Blazing Spines? Both are not good at all in this deck while Cannon at least influences board trades if it sticks after being played. Also it's an A+ target for Mark

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 20, 2016

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Yeah I don't run Polarity in constructed because they seem really bad but I still thought they'd be more useful then Borean Bear, Helm Of Mechazor, Ash Mephyt, or Maw.
I could be undervaluing Ash Mephyt though- especially since in hindsight the curve looks a little low and maybe the bodies on board would have been better even if I do think they're crappy.

Hoping for some synergy between Polarity & Dagger Kiri, Moebius, and the Marks Of Solitude vOv

Those where probably the 2 picks I spent the most time thinking on.
I leaned towards Moebius over Aethermaster because I felt I needed a bigger body, really like Aethermaster in constructed but i'm usually using it to fish for combos and finishers so I didn't know how well it would go over in gantlet

The blazing spines I passed on because I only had one Hearth-sister and no repulsor beasts, it felt like a toss up between the manaforger and mechazor.
Ended up picking the ranged on the hope I could combo it with the Marks of Solitudes.

10. I don't know how to value the windrunners at all tbh.
13. Agreed
16. Agreed
18. Agreed, again
19. Surprised to hear that but i'll keep it in mind in the future
22. Made this choice off a (outdated) tier list, did feel wrong at the time but the hearth-sister was rated much better
24. See 22
25. Yeah a toss up imo
29. Yeah no idea what I was thinking.

e: really good stuff so far guys!

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
I 100% agree with your decisions for 22 and 24. Hearthsister brings insane utility and despite what anyone says Rock Pulverizer is still a decent card, especially for a two drop.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

1st game was a loss. Got cocky and used my hero to wack a 7/5 and clear his board, used my minions to bring him down to one health.
Next turn he dropped a 10/4 and used Spirit Of The Wild to activate it and knock off my last 9 health. I shouldn't have tanked to my face, I could have spared the minions.

2nd was a loss. Just a bad draw vs a good draw and I was stuck with a hand full of spells I couldn't cast; lost that one fast.

3rd was a win. Snowpiercer + double Boundless Charge being the MVPs

4th was a win. Moebius > Boundless charge > Polarity. It was pretty great.

5th was a loss. Dude was rolling a ton of vespers and had some really good synergy. I got completely overwhelmed.

vOv Win some you lose some. Thanks a bunch for the input friends; I'll probably end up doing another post asking for help again tomorrow if I end up playing.
Cheers.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

orangelex44 posted:

Why is there a person playing the Third Wish Vetruvian netdeck in unranked?
I'm sorry I have quests and ranked stresses me out

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

using the term netdeck in a game that is fully online, just lol

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

orangelex44 posted:

Happens to everyone. Some drafts just aren't good - I don't get a single legendary in ~50% of drafts, for example. However, most drafts should at least be able to get to 3-3 with good play. Curve out well, try to have some hard removal and AOE, a bit of healing, and a Big Threat.

My first gauntlet run was Lyonar, and I drafted a really nice deck and made it six wins before losing three in a row. Second gauntlet run was also Lyonar, not as good of a draft, but I made it to six wins off the back of Holy Immolation like jesus christ is there a time that card isn't amazing? In at least half of my games I was able to use it to secure lethal by dropping a minion or two chaining close enough for the 4 damage to hit the fleeing enemy general. In the other half it single handedly swung board control back in my favor.

I almost never play Lyonar in constructed, but I love them in gauntlet so far.

Final gauntlet last night I drafted what I thought was an amazing Magmar deck, that just got annihilated by combo again and again and only went 2 wins. Felt bad since every loss I had the opponent on 1hp and I consistently underestimated the amount of burst they had possible in their hand from an empty board. My deck was a lot of fun to play, and I think the losses I just have to chalk up to not being as familiar with playing Magmar and not being as cautious as I should have.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Digital Fingers posted:

Yeah I don't run Polarity in constructed because they seem really bad but I still thought they'd be more useful then Borean Bear, Helm Of Mechazor, Ash Mephyt, or Maw.
I could be undervaluing Ash Mephyt though- especially since in hindsight the curve looks a little low and maybe the bodies on board would have been better even if I do think they're crappy.

Hoping for some synergy between Polarity & Dagger Kiri, Moebius, and the Marks Of Solitude vOv

Honestly, I would have taken any of those 4 over Polarity, and definitely over the 2nd one. It's just the kind of card that you really can't count on being able to play at all, let alone happily. Maw is actually pretty good as far as filler cards go because he trades up easily and at 1 mana, there aren't many punishing ways to take him out. Ash Mephyt is mediocre but not awful and probably goes up a notch in Vanar, where you hope to draft a Razorback or 3.

Polarity + Dagger Kiri is not that great a combo since at 2 health, he's never going to survive to make the second attack. The other 2 are, I'm guessing, not the cards you meant- Moebius I suppose you can... switch back? and Mark of Solitude is the buff that turns a creature into a 5/5.

GreyPowerVan posted:

using the term netdeck in a game that is fully online, just lol

Goddamn netdeckers copying the Third Wish + creature combo that they never would have figured out on their own.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
3rd wish vetruvian seems kind of redundant

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Gravy Train Robber posted:

My first gauntlet run was Lyonar, and I drafted a really nice deck and made it six wins before losing three in a row. Second gauntlet run was also Lyonar, not as good of a draft, but I made it to six wins off the back of Holy Immolation like jesus christ is there a time that card isn't amazing? In at least half of my games I was able to use it to secure lethal by dropping a minion or two chaining close enough for the 4 damage to hit the fleeing enemy general. In the other half it single handedly swung board control back in my favor.

I almost never play Lyonar in constructed, but I love them in gauntlet so far.

Final gauntlet last night I drafted what I thought was an amazing Magmar deck, that just got annihilated by combo again and again and only went 2 wins. Felt bad since every loss I had the opponent on 1hp and I consistently underestimated the amount of burst they had possible in their hand from an empty board. My deck was a lot of fun to play, and I think the losses I just have to chalk up to not being as familiar with playing Magmar and not being as cautious as I should have.

You could make a pretty strong case for Holy Immolation being the best Lyonar card in the game right now.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

amazeballs posted:

You could make a pretty strong case for Holy Immolation being the best Lyonar card in the game right now.
Tfw a tempo deck goes ham right away and you get to immolate like 3 drops at once on curve :sludgepal:

It's deffo one of their like top 3 cards. Really crippling if the board is right and it can even push damage at the same time. What's not to love here? But I think Martyrdom will eternally be their best card. 2 mana kill almost anything is insanely good

Also, rank 5 achieved! I had a pretty good time playing my deck now that it clicked with me. Saw very few Vet decks so thx rng. Also I got my first ribbon out of the deal which is neat. Does anyone know if unranked wins also count towards ribbons? Would be cool

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Avasculous posted:

Honestly, I would have taken any of those 4 over Polarity, and definitely over the 2nd one. It's just the kind of card that you really can't count on being able to play at all, let alone happily. Maw is actually pretty good as far as filler cards go because he trades up easily and at 1 mana, there aren't many punishing ways to take him out. Ash Mephyt is mediocre but not awful and probably goes up a notch in Vanar, where you hope to draft a Razorback or 3.

Polarity + Dagger Kiri is not that great a combo since at 2 health, he's never going to survive to make the second attack. The other 2 are, I'm guessing, not the cards you meant- Moebius I suppose you can... switch back? and Mark of Solitude is the buff that turns a creature into a 5/5.

Goddamn netdeckers copying the Third Wish + creature combo that they never would have figured out on their own.

Thats a good point about the Maw being able to trade up, think i was undervaluing it.
The Moebius polarity combo won me a game in short order though, turned out p. good I thought.

It was Boundless Charge onto Moebius to make a 7/3 > hit his hero > polarity which made it switch to a 3/7 which survived his turn and switched back into 7/3 at the start of mine and ended up doing 14 damage in all. Too flimsy a combo for constructed but with dispels being less of a thing in guantlet it seemed viable.

MoS I mentioned because I envisioned myself using it on the kiri as a "Hit for 2> heal into 5/5> Hit for 5" or as a buff to save my Moebius from dying.
Didn't have a chance to test that out though.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Eh, fair enough. If nothing else, I think Vanar is way more fun than Lyonar to play in Gauntlet for its underused cards and weird combos.

koolkal posted:

3rd wish vetruvian seems kind of redundant

I just had a Songhai player spam me with "Zzzzz" emotes after drawing and playing my first Third Wish of the game around turn 9. I have to admit that I was floored by some of his own innovations to the meta- Tusk Boar, Inner Focus, Mask of Shadows, AND Lantern Fox in Songhai? Who thinks of this stuff?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I just had a great Duelyst moment. Still grinding the faction levels, just playing starter decks mind you. Had the enemy general boxed in, with a Storm Metal Golem on a side of him that none of his minions could get to. Finished the game with a double Divine Bond + War Surge for a 25 point face punch to end the game....that was fun.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
How do you do those neat decklist images? I could use some pointers on what to add to my pauper decks next...

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Ghost of Starman posted:

How do you do those neat decklist images? I could use some pointers on what to add to my pauper decks next...

Theres a site, duelestdb, I think, that generates some neat decklist images that show the sprites of every unit in your deck. I can't figure out how to export it though because I'm bad at computers.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

^ After you render it to a image all you have to do is right click on it and it'll save to a .png for ya'

I just added 2 Aspects Of The Mountains, a 3rd Hearth-Sister and 3rd Hailstone Prison to my constructed list. How does this look to you guys?
Recommend up to like, idk, 4 card subs you'd do- No legendaries though since i'm kinda strapped for spirit atm and don't want to disenchant my Lyonar and Abyssian stuff.

e: Just got a Frosthorn Rhino out of a pack maybe sub out a Draugar Lord for it?

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 22, 2016

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Neat; thanks!

I was lucky enough to random two Third Wishes, so I figured what the heck, let's try and slap together a Vetruvian deck with what I have on-hand. This was my first stab at it, but I feel like it could probably benefit a lot from some tweaking by people who have a clearer idea on how to accomplish my basic goals, which are a.) survive long enough to play Third Wish, and b.) ride on the coattails of Third Wish's buh-rokenness totally legit awesome power to higher Ranks than I probably deserve.

Zirix Starstrider x1
Wind Shrike x3
Starfire Scarab x1
Pyromancer x3
Mirage Master x1
Saberspine Tiger x3
Dagger Kiri x3
Healing Mystic x3
Ash Mephyt x2
Jaxi x3
Primus Shieldmaster x3
Primus Fist x3
Entropic Decay x3
Scion's First Wish x3
Scion's Third Wish x2
Staff Of Y'Kir x3

Thoughts/feedback/playing tips welcome.
Edit: Especially if Emerald Rejuvenators x3 would fit in there (and what to swap out for them), since I can use them in a couple of my other pauper decks as well.

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 22, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Digital Fingers posted:

^ After you render it to a image all you have to to it right click on it and it'll save to a .png for ya'

I just added 2 Aspects Of The Mountains, a 3rd Hearth-Sister and 3rd Hailstone Prison to my constructed list. How does this look to you guys?
Recommend up to like, idk, 4 card subs you'd do- No legendaries though since i'm kinda strapped for spirit atm and don't want to disenchant my Lyonar and Abyssian stuff.

e: Just got a Frosthorn Rhino out of a pack maybe sub out a Draugar Lord for it?

don't play sworn avenger, don't play less than 3 emerald rejuvenators imo. frostfire is pretty bad isn't it

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
The meta in this game is pretty awful right now. Keeper is hilariously overpowered, and is in almost every deck regardless of archetype. In fact every faction feels pretty similar with 3x Keeper, Jaxi, Healing Mystics, Emerald Rejuvinators. Given that 3/4 of those cards increases game length, every game becomes a slog. Just pick which flavor you'd like to add to your generics-- Ironcliffe Guardians Vs. 3rd Wish Vs. Latern Fox vs. Vanar's removal. Abyssian and Magmar have become second rate choices. Abyssian's only good deck archetype (burn), can't perform reliably vs the value combo of Keeper/Jaxi and the constant healing of Mystic/Warden. Magmar just got neutered way too hard in multiple patches.

They really need to get that balance patch out asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Keeping in mind that there's much better players then me in this thread (why i'm asking for help myself) here's some small stuff i'd be willing to comment on. Assuming you don't have a lot of spirit to work with so i'll try to keep the changes minimal.

• I have no respect for Ash Mephyt. To over simplify a bit it ends up breaking down into a 6/9 at the cost of 5 mana and you can't control the placement of it; To contrast Stormmetal Golem is an 8/8 for 6 that requires them to have an answer for immediately. I'd sub them with x2 dancing blades.
  • Probably sub 2 or all 3 Wind Shrikes for Emerald Rejuvnators
  • Staff Of Y'kir doesn't seem to useful if you don't have Wildfires Of Ankh to give your general blast. Would think about replacing them all with 3 Bone Swarms.
  • Mirage Master isn't very worthwild card imo, put a Starfire Scarab in it's place. Scarabs are baller as heck.
  • Pyromancer for a 3rd Scarab?
  • x2 Ephemeral Shrouds for some dispel, replace Tiger/ Kiri or a Healing Mystic/Kiri imo (I assume you have the Kiris in there for a 3rd Wish combo)
  • 3 Shieldmasters is a little much. If you can get 900 dust for it get a Atmara Healer and replace one, if you have 350 more dust replace another with Star's Fury. If you don't have the dust then i'm not really sure what would be a good sub. Cutting one for a Displacer beast could help you out?

My picks are subjective of course but I think those are some good general improvements you could make to start with.
Not counting my last suggestion on the list 550-650 spirit to craft all that.

GreyPowerVan posted:

don't play sworn avenger, don't play less than 3 emerald rejuvenators imo. frostfire is pretty bad isn't it

I could sub the Sworn Avenger for a second Emerald Rejuvenator at least.
Frostfires have been very good to me in my experiences. Putting them on a Mini-Jax, or Snowchaser or using them to boost for lethal has won me games. I did cut 1 for the 3rd Hearth-Sister though.
Without cutting the frostfires what would you switch out for a 3rd rejuvenator?

e: looking through my cards I have 2 Alcuin Loremasters and a Spirt Of The Wild sitting in my collection, wouldn't mind fitting those in if anyone could suggest cards to sub out (i'd take out 1 of the Frostfires for the sake of a Loremaster I guess)

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 22, 2016

• Locked thread