Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Looper posted:

sounds like you picked the wrong family

Which family is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Moop Moop posted:

If one of the plot characters dies on classic mode in chapter 6, they give the standard retreat text. Do they still come back later as party members or do I need to go back and make sure some of them never get hit?

plot-sensitive chars won't 'die', because plot, but they're still gone on classic. Restart.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So did they change not-Tharja's personal skill? Every source about the game I've read say it gives her +4 damage when on a map you've played before.

In the game though it says it gives 4 damage if you fight an enemy you previously fought with her, and some limited testing seems to bear that out.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kurtofan posted:

Which family is this?

Nohr siblings are number one duh

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

So did they change not-Tharja's personal skill? Every source about the game I've read say it gives her +4 damage when on a map you've played before.

In the game though it says it gives 4 damage if you fight an enemy you previously fought with her, and some limited testing seems to bear that out.

turns out randos on the internet make mistakes when translating japanese and other randos just parrot what the first ones said because they don't know enough japanese to notice said mistakes

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I assume Mozu is another thing where they start super weak, but have better than average stat growths and become really great if you stick with them like Donnel?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

LibbyM posted:

I assume Mozu is another thing where they start super weak, but have better than average stat growths and become really great if you stick with them like Donnel?

You could say that.

Or you could say that you baby them for their intro map, class change them, and then they become amazing. Not much sticking with them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

LibbyM posted:

I assume Mozo is another thing where they start super weak, but have better than average stat growths and become really great if you stick with them like Donnel?

Yeah, she's pretty good though not nearly as insane as Donny. You can even keep her in villager and it has a real promotion and everything.

However, reclass her to archer and watch her become great. I have her as a Kinshi and she's basically a mobile point and delete unit, its fantastic. I think Sniper might be technically better, but Kinshi is cool as gently caress and lets her ride a rad giant bird while shooting people.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Cool. In Awakening you wanted to keep Donnel a villager until level 10, but I think I heard in this level doesn't reset when you sidegrade to a different class, so if I was going to make her an archer there would be no reason wait?

VV Oh okay, I'm forgetting stuff.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 20, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
In Awakening you had to keep him a villager until level 10. Pre-requisite for the Second Seals, yknow. It's not because you wanted to.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

I picked Nohr how many chapters are gonna be a bitch

they've been really cool so far but 10 hosed me up

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

LibbyM posted:

Cool. In Awakening you wanted to keep Donnel a villager until level 10, but I think I heard in this level doesn't reset when you sidegrade to a different class, so if I was going to make her an archer there would be no reason wait?

Yep. Levels dont reset so you can use seals at literally any point this go around. If they're above the level they would have learned a skill at they learn them too.

So if you promote then class change from Hero to Great Knight your first two level ups will get you the two Cavalier skills. Its so much more convienient than Awakening in that regard.

Just remember 20/20 is the hard limit but there are special and expensive seals called Eternal seal which raise the cap by 5 to a max of 99. Also Jacob and Felicia are in a weird situation since they're promoted by gain exp like unpromoted characters and have a natural max level of 40 beforw any seals.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
There are like no axe units in birthright, so would classing Azama and Mozu into archers be an effective way to make up that difference in weapon triangle deficiency?

Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"

Looper posted:

sounds like you picked the wrong family

I've wanted to start conquest but since I have all 3 routes might as well start with the rout and kill commander fest

Pastrymancy posted:

There are like no axe units in birthright, so would classing Azama and Mozu into archers be an effective way to make up that difference in weapon triangle deficiency?

Having both as archers is probably overkill since you get Takumi pretty early

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

Yeah, also they're really good in those classes.

Reclassing Hinata to an Oni Savage, or Ryoma to a Weapon Master can also get you more Axe access and they fit those classes pretty well. You also get a lot more options later, you get a Wyvern and Silas has two promotions with Axe access (GK and Hero).

Also, for being playable classes Oni Savages and Apothacaries are stupidly rare.

I think I'm going to have one of them as my reclass for the Nohr run. They're really cool and no one comes out of the box ready to use the class to its fullest.

Hoshido run with +Mag Revanant Knight Kamui is loving hilarious once you get the Bolt Axe. That thing is insane.

Zore fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 20, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Exaccus posted:

Having both as archers is probably overkill since you get Takumi pretty early
From what I've heard though Azama > :420: Merchantwait no it's Apothecary now is a reccomended change.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
yo you guys should visit my castle since my kamui has aptitude

the address is:
17997-55626
80251-48827

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
The number of times I've gotten to the last turn on Ch. 11 Conquest and had someone die to some bullshit, or had a peg knight path through my line to the green square, is bullshit.

Bullshit.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Chapter 3 Birthright, given two full fledged characters and a weak healer, randomly spawning three pegasus knights near the end is a dick move, game. This is going to be brutal later on.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Chapter 3 Birthright, given two full fledged characters and a weak healer, randomly spawning three pegasus knights near the end is a dick move, game. This is going to be brutal later on.

the servants aren't weak at all

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have no room for mozu, eitherhave way too many goos lance or bow units ny chapter 12.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

we are watching them live their lives and change as people

We, as strategists, are forcing change upon them for the sake of tactical advantage and min/maxing. It's absolutley draconian...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but heart seals say 'based on personality,' so they're okay with their new classes

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Just to clarify I still want to get people to 20 before I promote, right?

Unless I want to switch classes, which I can do safely at any point after 10?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

voltcatfish posted:

20 for maximum stats, do not level to 19 if you're planning to switch classes at some point. Or even lower if you're switching multiple times. Skills are gained in the next level if you're past the mark when you learn them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

you can switch classes even earlier if you dont care about the skill your base class is giving you

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ahh, I understand how you do this the most optimal way now, thanks!

e: When do you learn skills normally? At level 10 and when else?

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 20, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Looper posted:

the servants aren't weak at all

I believe it but you can't do much against three units like that early on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Ahh, I understand how you do this the most optimal way now, thanks!

e: When do you learn skills normally? At level 10 and when else?
1-10 unpromoted, 5-15 promoted, 1-10-20-35 for special classes like singer

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SO DOES 80% HIT RATE ACTUALLY MEAN LIKE 40% BECAUSE I'VE NEVER MISSED MORE ATTACKS IN A FIRE EMBLEM GAME, I'M LOOKING AT YOU ARTHUR

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mabels big day posted:

SO DOES 80% HIT RATE ACTUALLY MEAN LIKE 40% BECAUSE I'VE NEVER MISSED MORE ATTACKS IN A FIRE EMBLEM GAME, I'M LOOKING AT YOU ARTHUR
actually it means 92.20%

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Louisgod posted:

I had the same reaction, but those Sky Knights are incredibly weak and you have two dudes buffing you.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

If chapter 3 is the one I'm thinking of you can take the lower dragon vein and kill the boss the turn after the peg knights spawn, meaning they don't get to do jackshit to you

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Momomo posted:

I'm stuck on chapter 8 (I think) of conquest, where you have to murder the Ice Village people while also getting to the villages in time. I've almost gotten it down, but I end up being just a single turn shy of getting to them in time, it's really annoying. I do like that my map objective is optional and I don't gotta do it, but I gotta.

Also, am I crazy or is my Freeze staff refilling after the chapters? I thought I used it a couple times, but it seems to still have 4 uses. I really like the Freeze staff, especially since you can buy it.
This is how I did that chapter.

Forget about the second village and the top one and just focus on the two villages crossing the lake. If Flora targets Silas or anyone with high movement just send Elise to freeze the second lancer and then slowly bait the rest of the enemy units.

It wasn't optimal but it worked for me :)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Brother Entropy posted:

If chapter 3 is the one I'm thinking of you can take the lower dragon vein and kill the boss the turn after the peg knights spawn, meaning they don't get to do jackshit to you

Yeah, you can, I just left the servant behind and she got caught by the pegasus before I could take out the boss.

Anyway, do weapons not break in this game, or do the early chapters not have breakable weapons?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Weapons being able to break has been removed in favour of differing stat penalties for higher tiers.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Space Flower posted:

plot-sensitive chars won't 'die', because plot, but they're still gone on classic. Restart.

Chapter 6 is actually the exception to this. I got my entire team killed off to test it and they still showed up as real units in the next few chapters.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I don't think anybody who dies before 7 is actually dead? but maybe they are i don't know

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

actually it means 92.20%

is it confirmed that true hit is in this game because i've been missing a lot of 90+% bullshit and obviously that means something must be up i'm not just horribly unlucky that's ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Looper posted:

is it confirmed that true hit is in this game because i've been missing a lot of 90+% bullshit and obviously that means something must be up i'm not just horribly unlucky that's ridiculous
it's called confirmation bias

• Locked thread