Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What's the deal with Felicia/Jacob getting normal exp amounts despite being technically a prepromote? Do they cap out at 20 normally? Do they continue getting good exp if you seal them to a different class?

Because hot drat Heart Sealing Felicia to Strategist as soon as you can would make her incredibly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Shortest Path posted:

What's the deal with Felicia/Jacob getting normal exp amounts despite being technically a prepromote? Do they cap out at 20 normally? Do they continue getting good exp if you seal them to a different class?

Because hot drat Heart Sealing Felicia to Strategist as soon as you can would make her incredibly good.

They're not really prepromotes, they're like Dread Fighters or Azura who go to level 40.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

...huh. So does that apply to all of their alt class options or does using a heart seal gently caress it up?

Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"
I married Hinoka and it was pretty cool

...huh. So does that apply to all of their alt class options or does using a heart seal gently caress it up?

They'll still cap out at lvl 40 instead of 20, regardless of what class they're in

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
What is everyone planning to use Sakura for? Is it worth the pain of leveling a healer to level 10 to promote her to something that is actually useful? Do I just change her class now to something completely different?

BillmasterCozb posted:

felicia is the worst

like..worse than any single dancer unit

About to start chapter 8, and I enjoy using her. Being able to do both ranged debuff attacks and healing makes her pretty versatile.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Exaccus posted:

They'll still cap out at lvl 40 instead of 20, regardless of what class they're in

I guess making Felicia a strategist is just incredibly good to do then, gotcha.

Her strength is so bad.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I am gonna play Birthright, and am thinking of using Merc for Corrin's talent, but have no idea how much having access to Sol matters.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
About visiting peoples castles, do I need to be connected to wifi to do it or can I just enter these codes people are posting? Are the codes specific to a person or are they like ye olde timey saves in games where they just had a different set of numbers for every possible combination of things?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Verranicus posted:

About visiting peoples castles, do I need to be connected to wifi to do it or can I just enter these codes people are posting? Are the codes specific to a person or are they like ye olde timey saves in games where they just had a different set of numbers for every possible combination of things?

you need wifi

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Verranicus posted:

I mean changing your castle layout or whatever doesn't change your castle address so

Plus when you visit you can send feedback and gifts to whoever you visit, which would be pretty hard to do without an actual connection.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Looper posted:

seriously though what is nyx good at? her base stats are awful and her personality is lol

Her base stats are a big step up from Odin's and she has 50% Magic and Speed growths. She's pretty good, definitely your best magic user until Elise promotes.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What do the different boons and banes do in the game? And is your talent your class?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

RC Cola posted:

What do the different boons and banes do in the game? And is your talent your class?
Boons/Banes are the same as the Assets/Flaws from Awakening. The difference is that everything has a fancy name instead of telling you directly what stat is primarily affected.

Talent is your starting reclass option.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RC Cola posted:

What do the different boons and banes do in the game?

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/avatar-creation/

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/growth-rates/

Your Talent is your secondary class you can Heart Seal to.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i just met zola

fuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ZOLA

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the more and more i go thru conquest the more and more i feel uneasy at how the MC's relationship with daddy reminds me of real life abusive relationships

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The heavily abusive daddy issues certainly explains all the incest and otherwise hosed up relationships you can get in.

Does anyone know how to access weapon naming? When I try to carve name at the forge nothing is able to be named.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

The heavily abusive daddy issues certainly explains all the incest and otherwise hosed up relationships you can get in.

Does anyone know how to access weapon naming? When I try to carve name at the forge nothing is able to be named.

I think it has to be forged once to be named.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Looks like I'm gonna have to bench Hana :sigh: she's only gotten like 3 STR since I've gotten her.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*breathes in the fine fire emblem air*

arthur just got hit by a 1% crit from a faceless and died in one round. ah, feel the fire emblem. it's so good

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

You have to be able to forge something to rename it. To forge you need at least two copies of the weapon you are using and enough minerals of the correct type. For instance you need Sapphires to forge axes and Topaz to forge tomes. The easiest way to get minerals is to visit other castles but it's still really tedious. They really should have just made it really expensive to forge or give a forge a certain number of uses until it reverts to a standard weapon.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

give a forge a certain number of uses until it reverts to a standard weapon.

noooooo this isn't majora's mask

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ugh, can't beat chapter five.

edit: Nevermind, turns out all it took was an incredible amount of luck with a 1% crit chance :suicide:

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 21, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

You have to be able to forge something to rename it. To forge you need at least two copies of the weapon you are using and enough minerals of the correct type. For instance you need Sapphires to forge axes and Topaz to forge tomes. The easiest way to get minerals is to visit other castles but it's still really tedious. They really should have just made it really expensive to forge or give a forge a certain number of uses until it reverts to a standard weapon.

The forging system makes sense given that weapons are unlimited durability and more powerful weapons have significant drawbacks. Even forged Iron-tier weapons are going to be exceptionally useful for the entirety of the game, so there has to be some kind of restriction, and getting higher-tier forged stuff is borderline impossible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there any reason not to recall my Butler to a strategist or something as soon as i can?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
wait why am i so happy about the fact that one of my characters just died at an astronomically low probability. what has this series done to me

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Instantly forged an Iron Katana for Hana, named it the Hanahilator.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Is there any reason not to recall my Butler to a strategist or something as soon as i can?

No, just missing out on the Butler skills.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
everyone should share their names for Odin's weapons, no matter how lame (mine)

a thunder tome named Calamity Flare

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I already have a feeling Zola's gonna be One of Those Bosses where I do a perfect clear of the map up to him then die to the reaction as he does his bullshit crit nonsense

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
mozu you're supposed to be the est cmon don't do this to me. a two-stat level. cmon.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the gently caress is with the PoV on the camera where king Palpatine picks corrin up? Just..what, he loving grabs baby corrin's face, holds him up, "YOU ARE MINE NOW"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

the gently caress is with the PoV on the camera where king Palpatine picks corrin up? Just..what, he loving grabs baby corrin's face, holds him up, "YOU ARE MINE NOW"

well he probably doesn't know what he's doing, he clearly didn't raise his own kids

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
How are you "supposed" to get resources, anyway? Do you unlock more resource buildings later in the game?

dukerson
Dec 28, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

I already have a feeling Zola's gonna be One of Those Bosses where I do a perfect clear of the map up to him then die to the reaction as he does his bullshit crit nonsense

If you brought along Hinoka and kept the Guard Lance on him even at default stats I don't think the boss can damage him at all. That plus having Saizo debuff his Defense (and then get Shove-d out of range) did the trick for me.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Does the Before Awakening DLC award exp/support progress even on the Conquest route?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vengarr posted:

How are you "supposed" to get resources, anyway? Do you unlock more resource buildings later in the game?

Upgrade the resource buildings. Make sure to get a resource from the building before upgrading it, because it resets the wait time.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Verranicus posted:

Does the Before Awakening DLC award exp/support progress even on the Conquest route?

Just support on Conquest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Jakob's actually got good strength and defense growths, so he's fine as a butler because he can actually do damage. In chapter 10 he took on the entire left side on by himself.

Also protip, if you want to grind supports in conquest, just find really low level castles online to beat up on. ALso if you want to pair Azura up, leave everyone in the castle alive but whatever unpromoted healer they have, then just have her sing for whoever you want to pair her up with 10000 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Is there any point to capturing?

• Locked thread