Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Their employees can. I can imagine a lot of senior management at a lot of companies will be not so subtly hinting that Brexit would be bad for the safety of their jobs.

It was a bit of a joke about the city of London corporation and it's business vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

To be fair he does specify civilised company.

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Taear posted:

If Bill Gates can be the richest person in the world then I can too! Let us completely ignore the circumstances around him doing what he did and pretend it was entirely 100% down to him and Getting On.

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you or anything, just poking fun at how easily the voting public is misled.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Corvo posted:

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you or anything, just poking fun at how easily the voting public is misled.

I know, I'm going along with the thought.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I think the equivalent here is everyone thinking that they're middle class. It's been a stroke of genius insofar as destroying collective bargaining powers.

I get the 'temporarily embarassed millionaires' thing, but I don't get why people who think they'll 'make it' one day vote to destroy things that increase their chances of making it before rather than after.

If you start burning the ladder now, you won't even need to pull it up after you when you reach the top!

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Coohoolin posted:

Nevermind trade, just pop yourself up in Galway with an instrument and go full bohemian.

I wouldn't consider that sensible career advise. Also Donegal is the nicest part of Ireland, not Galway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Surely Prague would be the better choice if you wanted to go full bohemian?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

StoneOfShame posted:

I wouldn't consider that sensible career advise. Also Donegal is the nicest part of Ireland, not Galway.

There's a reason why there weren't any plantations in Donegal alright.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

StoneOfShame posted:

I wouldn't consider that sensible career advise.
Lets be fair. Sensible & Coohoolin aren't words that go together very often.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Looks like this Boris character (as someone not really that interested in UK internal politics I must say he looks a bit like your version of Donald Trump mixed with Chris Christie) did not follow EU politics all that closely last year and is following a referendum strategy that I would like to call "The Tsipras" - say "no" because that will make the others give you everything you want.

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/701520076143468544

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

Looks like this Boris character (as someone not really that interested in UK internal politics I must say he looks a bit like your version of Donald Trump mixed with Chris Christie) did not follow EU politics all that closely last year and is following a referendum strategy that I would like to call "The Tsipras" - say "no" because that will make the others give you everything you want.

yes, much like Deutsche Bank's books it was infiltration by swarthy Greeks that got us into this mess. thanks europol

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Greeks you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc&t=116s

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Get the gently caress out of my thread you bigoted, racist piece of poo poo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oberleutnant posted:

Get the gently caress out of my thread you bigoted, racist piece of poo poo

:agreed:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
UK posters, could you please explain to me how it is that this fellow is the most influential man in Britain tonight?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Fried Chicken posted:

UK posters, could you please explain to me how it is that this fellow is the most influential man in Britain tonight?
That's our prime minister in waiting, show some respect.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Fried Chicken posted:

Because he's a ledge.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Fried Chicken posted:

We are the most garbage of nations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

Are you suggesting Our Boris isn't the most patriotic man alive?

He's holding two union jacks there. Two.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

Because he's incredibly rich and well connected?

You think the character he plays in public is who he really is? It's been noted he deliberately musses his hair before he appears in interviews...

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

tooterfish posted:

Because he's incredibly rich and well connected?

You think the character he plays in public is who he really is? It's been noted he deliberately musses his hair before he appears in interviews...

I'm also pretty sure he masturbates while listening to the The Best of Winston Churchill to prepare for any public speaking event.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Fried Chicken posted:

It's a step up from being balls-deep in a pig.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Fried Chicken posted:

Because the British are sub-human filth that should of been exterminated instead of the Jews.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Extreme0 posted:

Because the British are sub-human filth that should of been exterminated instead of the Jews.

You must be a Scots-poster

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm also pretty sure he masturbates while listening to the The Best of Winston Churchill to prepare for any public speaking event.
You're a braver man than I, speculating about a Tory's sexual proclivities... that kind of thing can lead you to some very dark places.

Extreme0 posted:

Should have.

If Gove had his way and they brought back the cane, you wouldn't be making such an elementary mistake!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fried Chicken posted:

I don't think they're that self-hating.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Fried Chicken posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Puntification posted:

We are the most garbage of nations.

Also goongrats on being probated for telling a Nazi to kill themselves... and then having an admin realise what had happened and go "WHAT THE gently caress" and unprobate you near-instantly.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Fried Chicken posted:

Excuse me.

It's that Scots-poster. :colbert:

tooterfish posted:

Should have.

If Gove had his way and they brought back the cane, you wouldn't be making such an elementary mistake!

If I had it my way, Gove would of been caned nonstop for being a mistake.

Guavanaut posted:

I don't think they're that self-hating.

They aren't and what a shame too.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Also goongrats on being probated for telling a Nazi to kill themselves... and then having an admin realise what had happened and go "WHAT THE gently caress" and unprobate you near-instantly.
I just read the post that started all that. :dogbutton:

What the gently caress is wrong with EuroPol thread?

Also how did UKMT end up as a thread that regards Marx as a bit centrist and EuroPol ended up as a garbage fire?

I feel that we have Oberleutnant's vigilance to thank somehow.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

We're the place where Marx died, and having buried him in the ground his tree grows here.

Germany buried Hitler, and his tree grows there.

Ober owns tho.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

We're the place where Marx died, and having buried him in the ground his tree grows here.

Germany buried Hitler, and his tree grows there.

Ober owns tho.

Didn't the Red Army throw his ashes into the sewage system or the river or something

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Scotch poster.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

J_RBG posted:

Didn't the Red Army throw his ashes into the sewage system or the river or something

No-one's 100% sure. Unlikely his lovely cells left the Reich, though.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Scotch poster.

I don't have one.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

There's some in a vial in Argentina.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

If they put him in the river, he could be anywhere.

You might be drinking Hitler right now. :tinfoil:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I've spent enough time in Bavaria to basically guarantee I've ingested at least a few atoms of the fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Darth Walrus posted:

• Locked thread