Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Own goals don't count in preseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Howard reportedly wants $20 million over four years if he comes to Colorado. (£70,000 a week is about £14 million over four years. £14 million is about $20 million)

yes it's the sun, but there's a chance they're right. and of course pigs may fly.

Far and away the most expensive player the team has had.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 22, 2016

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Howard reportedly wants $20 million over four years if he comes to Colorado. (£70,000 a week is about £14 million over four years. £14 million is about $20 million)

yes it's the sun, but there's a chance they're right. and of course pigs may fly.

Far and away the most expensive player the team has had.

Please don't do this Colorado. (They will do it)

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

threeagainstfour posted:

You're probably right.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

threeagainstfour posted:

He's just been so great for Everton probably, we're not gonna actually check but we're pretty sure about this one!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Here's another sign that the season is about to start: ref assignments!

tl;dr version: POR/CLB lost

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Joevin Jones to the Sounders for a 15th spot in the Super Draft was a gangster move by Seattle. He's looked great for Seattle in both the scrimmage against LA and against Club America tonight.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Seems like the steal of the draft so far. Though even at gunpoint I couldn't name a single guy drafted this year.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
He wasn't a draft pick, you guys gave Chicago a draft pick for him.

(Unless that's :thejoke:?)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
He was definitely a candidate for "Best Chicago Fire Player 2015". I can't believe they let him go for basically nothing.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Dallan Invictus posted:

He wasn't a draft pick, you guys gave Chicago a draft pick for him.

(Unless that's :thejoke:?)

Yeah. :thejoke:. He's such a breath of fresh air after having Remick and Fisher playing most of the minutes at LB last year.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

camoseven posted:

He was definitely a candidate for "Best Chicago Fire Player 2015". I can't believe they let him go for basically nothing.

No, he wasn't. I didn't really like the trade letting him go, but he dropped off hugely in the second half of the year. He was pretty abysmal by the end.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Hello Towel posted:

No, he wasn't. I didn't really like the trade letting him go, but he dropped off hugely in the second half of the year. He was pretty abysmal by the end.

I'm sure you watched a lot more of him than I did, so I'll trust your judgement! He definitely seems like the kind of player Chicago should be hanging on to, but the FO seem to have their own plan.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

This just in the Colorado Rapids are still a Dumpster Fire.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

LionYeti posted:

We should poo poo on Kroenke's lawn during halftime.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

LionYeti posted:

4-1 on what, 3 penalties? I guess watching the Avs game was the better choice after all. It's gonna be another long and sorry season at this rate.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

camoseven posted:

I'm sure you watched a lot more of him than I did, so I'll trust your judgement! He definitely seems like the kind of player Chicago should be hanging on to, but the FO seem to have their own plan.

Yeah, I wish Chicago had held onto him too. He just wasn't one of the team's best players last year IMO.

The Fire are actually looking good in the preseason - 7 goals scored by 6 different players, actually decent defense. Matt Polster is continuing to improve and homegrowns like Calistri and Fernandez look good. Even Arturo Alvarez got in on the scoring last night. The good performances probably won't continue once the season starts, but it's nice for now.

Hello Towel fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 25, 2016

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

LionYeti posted:

Club Deportivo Rapids de Colorado.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MLS has shared results from surveys they have emailed last year, and 62% of those surveyed supported the 12-team playoffs. On the bright side, MLS also found that fans want more emphasis on middle-of-the-roster funding and younger overall squads.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I thought it was dumb that 6 teams from each conference made the playoffs at first, but those first round knockout games ended up being probably the most exciting crazy games of the season, so I don't have a problem with that format going forward.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It's a very American (dumb) format and we're a dumb country of dummies, so it works for us

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Welp people. It's that time of year again. Yes, it's Fantasy MLS time.

This will be the only Fantasy related post by me in this thread and sometime very soon I'll put up the thread in The Fantasy Quarterback.

Here's the relevant info this year:

https://fantasy.mlssoccer.com

League Name: SA Goon MLS 2016
passcode: 6623-1702

The league is Head-to-head with PLAYOFFS! Prizes go to Supporters' Shield, Highest Points Scored in the league, Steve Sampson Cup Champion, Steve Sampson Cup Runner-up, and the Wooden Spoon!

Join now!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Did you ever send those participation trophies to the non-playoff MLS teams or did we just all agree that would be funny if it happened?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I felt it would be in bad taste, so I just sent the ones to people who wanted them. The factory actually sent me too many and I still have 6 of them.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I'm in for fantasy this year. First time I've done fantasy anything, so we'll see how it goes. In as The Sussudios.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Every year I say I'm going to do this dumb fantasy thing and then promptly forget. Not this year.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Meanwhile in real MLS news, the Rapids have acquired an international roster slot and TAM from the Quakes for GAM.

Could this mean that the England trip will actually land us a foreigner instead of Howard? One can hope.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ran into Dylan Remick at a bar, he had no comment on why he was replaced by Jones at left back for the Sounders. He also looks like he is about 12, pretty sure he gets carded everywhere.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Moktaro posted:

Meanwhile in real MLS news, the Rapids have acquired an international roster slot and TAM from the Quakes for GAM.

Could this mean that the England trip will actually land us a foreigner instead of Howard? One can hope.

:ohdear:

I sure hope so. Yay Tim Howard and all but the Rapids don't need a 36 year old keeper for $20 million over 4 years. A true d-mid who can actually get the ball forward (jermaine jones?), a goal scoring forward to back up Doyle and defensive depth would be much better.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TheBoyBlunder posted:

:ohdear:

I sure hope so. Yay Tim Howard and all but the Rapids don't need a 36 year old keeper for $20 million over 4 years. A true d-mid who can actually get the ball forward (jermaine jones?), a goal scoring forward to back up Doyle and defensive depth would be much better.

I agree, 36 year old keepers are WAY past their primes. Now, 36 year old mids? Perfect!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

SeaTard posted:

Ran into Dylan Remick at a bar, he had no comment on why he was replaced by Jones at left back for the Sounders. He also looks like he is about 12, pretty sure he gets carded everywhere.

Pretty harsh to give yellow cards for looking young.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

SeaTard posted:

You couldn't very well expect him to say "because Jones is clearly better", could you?

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Tigren posted:

I agree, 36 year old keepers are WAY past their primes. Now, 36 year old mids? Perfect!

Meh. Jones was just the first name that came to mind. Regardless I say there are smarter ways for that team to spend that money.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My suggestion for this year's regular season thread title is MLS 2016: Featuring you! If you have $100,000,000!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This is my suggestion:

Ciprian Maricon posted:

This is going to look so dated and lovely in 4 years.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Howard to Colorado? Supposedly a done deal per Jeff Carlisle of espnfc. reportedly $2 million a year over 4 years and unsurprisingly Howard will come over in the summer window.

I still wish they'd kept Irwin instead. 2 mil a year can be better spent elsewhere. A link-up midfielder that can get the ball forward as well as a number of other positions. But if this flagrant attempt to get butts in the seats has to go through...2 million a year is less stupid than 5.

Edit - apparently the deal needs the approval of ownership. That's weird. 1) I thought ownership didn't care about this team and 2) why negotiate if you don't have tentative approval already?

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 27, 2016

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Thoughts on MLS Live? Is it like MLB.tv?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

CortezFantastic posted:

Thoughts on MLS Live? Is it like MLB.tv?

Yes except they enforce blackouts of local and national markets. So if a game is on loving UniMas, then you won't get to watch it on MLS Live. Similarly, if you live in the DC market, every DC home game will be blacked out as well.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

joshtothemaxx posted:

Yes except they enforce blackouts of local and national markets. So if a game is on loving UniMas, then you won't get to watch it on MLS Live. Similarly, if you live in the DC market, every DC home game will be blacked out as well.

That's exactly like mlb.tv, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Get a VPN and MLS Live becomes incredible.

• Locked thread