Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

porfiria posted:

But, like, why wouldn't Wolverine show up? Was he booked solid that month?

Like all major celebrities, Wolverines has a crazy rider with some ridiculous demands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

PiedPiper posted:

a crazy rider with some ridiculous demands.

mainly steroids, as evidenced

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

mainly steroids, as evidenced

Steroids are for pussies. Wolverine takes super steroids:

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

io9 has the story behind a few of them. Generally it's either some kind of mind control, or Supes is faking whatever is happening to trick the baddie.

Its a bit lame how they leaned on that so much but thinking about it its really one of the few logical places to go to build tension with a superhero who's unbeatable. Either turn him bad or put him in a situation where he has to do something "bad".

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
"RRRRR! I can't move my arms!" -starts motorcycle with face, drives in a straight line off a cliff-

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Looking back at it, Wolverine should probably consult a doctor. He already got hairy buttocks growing on his left forearm.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Nobody ever show these covers to Hugh Jackman, he going to kill himself trying to get into that kind of shape for the next Wolverine movie.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Grendels Dad posted:

Nobody ever show these covers to Hugh Jackman, he going to kill himself trying to get into that kind of shape for the next Wolverine movie.

Nose cancer is the least of his worries

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

PiedPiper posted:

Steroids are for pussies. Wolverine takes super steroids:

Sam Kieth owns.

justdan
Mar 31, 2010

wyoming posted:

Sam Kieth owns.

Haha, my first thought was "wait, those look like something out of The Maxx". Guess I was right!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/lamolecomiccon/status/700099665711075328

I hope I can get in :allears:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Is that a BvS event in Mexico? I have a very limited understanding of Spanish. :saddowns:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Equeen posted:

Is that a BvS event in Mexico? I have a very limited understanding of Spanish. :saddowns:

Is the launch party for the BvS product line. Not that exciting but is the first time they do something like that here.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is the launch party for the BvS product line. Not that exciting but is the first time they do something like that here.

Oh okay. Thanks!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Apparently the movie is clocking in at 2hrs 31, which is about 10 minutes over AGE OF ULTRON (Which I think is the longest superhero movie to date).

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

DrVenkman posted:

Apparently the movie is clocking in at 2hrs 31, which is about 10 minutes over AGE OF ULTRON (Which I think is the longest superhero movie to date).

Dark Knight clocked in at 2:32.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Superman Returns was 2:34

Edit: Dark Knight Rises was 2:44

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 22, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Wow. I knew it felt like it took forever to get through that movie, I didn't realize it really was that long.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Justice League starts filming in April with snyder at the helm

quote:

Zack Snyder’s Justice League — Part 1 is officially a go at Warner Bros. and will begin filming on April 11, a little over two weeks after the release of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the director and studio tell EW.

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing,” says Snyder, who also directed 2013’s Man of Steel and has become one of the key figures in shaping DC’s connected film universe.

“It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming,” he said. “But I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”

Justice League will shoot at the Warner Bros. Leavesden studios in southeast England, as well as various locations around London and in Iceland. While this film is being designated Part 1, the follow-up installment, which will shoot separately, is already on the studio’s release schedule for 2019, following standalone movies for The Flash and Aquaman (both planned for 2018).

:flashfap:

Also, Cavill is freaking adorable

https://twitter.com/BatmanvSuperman/status/701813908684713984

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

By the looks of it, Cavill will be wearing a toupée by the time Justice League pt. 2 starts shooting.

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!

Kush posted:

By the looks of it, Cavill will be wearing a toupée by the time Justice League pt. 2 starts shooting.

Don't, like, 70% of Hollywood actors over 35 wear them nowadays?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Kush posted:

Chris Evans' hair is like 75% gone at this point, he wears a very obvious wig in the Avengers movies.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

tokidoki posted:

Don't, like, 70% of Hollywood actors over 35 wear them nowadays?

You're drat right they do

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Kryptonite poisoning causes baldness, that is canon.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

greatn posted:

Kryptonite poisoning causes baldness, that is canon.

I can 100% guarantee Snyder said this to the studio at some point.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GonSmithe posted:

Chris Evans' hair is like 75% gone at this point, he wears a very obvious wig in the Avengers movies.

His pieces have somehow gotten worse in each consecutive movie, too. You have to look really hard for it in First Avenger, but it's front and center in Age of Ultron and doesn't look any better in his helmet-less photos from Civil War.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Timby posted:

His pieces have somehow gotten worse in each consecutive movie, too. You have to look really hard for it in First Avenger, but it's front and center in Age of Ultron and doesn't look any better in his helmet-less photos from Civil War.

I'm so bad at picking this sort of thing up. I didn't even realize that in the LotR movies half the long distance shots of the hobbits were of kids until someone pointed it out.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm so bad at picking this sort of thing up. I didn't even realize that in the LotR movies half the long distance shots of the hobbits were of kids until someone pointed it out.

That's a time honored tradition. My favorite use is the scenes in Alien when they're exploring the Space Jockey cockpit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GonSmithe posted:

That's a time honored tradition. My favorite use is the scenes in Alien when they're exploring the Space Jockey cockpit.

Hahaha that's awesome.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A bad rug is basically Mark Strong's trademark at this point.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Finally this thread gets a more appropriate tag; the new title is okay I guess.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

RBA Starblade posted:

They do a pretty good job of hiding it in the LotR movies; it's mostly when the hobbits are on horses that it looks blatant.

The DNR on the Blu-ray of Star Trek VI is so bad that you can actually see where Shatner's toupee is attached:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Timby posted:

They do a pretty good job of hiding it in the LotR movies; it's mostly when the hobbits are on horses that it looks blatant.

The one pointed out to me to show it was when the hobbits were getting on the boat, the shot from behind with Gandalf holding Frodo or Bilbo's hand. It was a pretty lovely wig on Bilbo too. :haw:

quote:

The DNR on the Blu-ray of Star Trek VI is so bad that you can actually see where Shatner's toupee is attached:

lmao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

DrVenkman posted:

It is a very complex film, so it clearly needs that time to YOU WERE MEANT FOR GREAT THINGS

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: Dark Knight Rises was 2:44

Jesus, I have no idea why either one of those movies should be that long.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

RBA Starblade posted:

The one pointed out to me to show it was when the hobbits were getting on the boat, the shot from behind with Gandalf holding Frodo or Bilbo's hand. It was a pretty lovely wig on Bilbo too. :haw:

One of my favorite shots in all of the LotR movies is when Denethor throws Pippin out of the crypt. He clearly starts off throwing a child/little person, then that child/little person rolls out of frame for a second and Pippin pops up. It was pretty noticeable but also a pretty great way to do it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

DrVenkman posted:

Jesus, I have no idea why either one of those movies should be that long.

Rises was an slog to sit through in theaters for me. I liked it a lot more the second time, watching from my couch. I can't remember how I felt about Superman Returns, but I am vaguely aware that I watched it. From what I understand, that is a completely normal reaction.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Superman Returns was a good movie for my favorite Superhero, "Guy who owns a biplane". He's the hero of the movie and the only likable character.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

greatn posted:

Superman Returns was a good movie for my favorite Superhero, "Guy who owns a biplane". He's the hero of the movie and the only likable character.

Man, I wish Cyclops got more roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

It was not a biplane.

• Locked thread