Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

remember when Adam Schefter leaked pics of JPP's medical records to show he had blown his fingers off despite that being illegal

well jpp sued him and espn today - http://nypost.com/2016/02/24/jpp-sues-espn-adam-schefter-for-posting-his-medical-records/

hopefully this somehow bankrupts espn and quality sports media arises from the ashes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Top Hats Monthly posted:

MLS is on.

I like baseball and hockey but this is like watching the worlds worst hockey game

MLS actually starts in two weeks, you're watching a confederation tournament that thanks to the rest of the hemisphere sucking, is 4 MLS vs. LigaMX matchups. Sadly the MLS teams have this fat shown they are still in preseason form.

(I'm normally hesitant to post anything about soccer in this forum, but gently caress it, we're 7 months from any meaningful football)

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/702704356391526400

Goodness!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

You've been fooled

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Ian Rapaport goes by @michaeljhudson ?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Noted Ian Rapaport Michael J Hudson.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Menamino posted:

remember when Adam Schefter leaked pics of JPP's medical records to show he had blown his fingers off despite that being illegal

well jpp sued him and espn today - http://nypost.com/2016/02/24/jpp-sues-espn-adam-schefter-for-posting-his-medical-records/

hopefully this somehow bankrupts espn and quality sports media arises from the ashes

Good

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Like Gronk would be caught anywhere near produce.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Like Gronk would be caught anywhere near produce.

He'd make dick jokes with a zucchini if he was ever in the same room as one.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eh, I don't really blame him. Supposedly the pics were offered to him, which is slightly different than him soliciting them. If anything, the hammer should come down on the employee who leaked it, if it can be proven they did it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Menamino posted:

yesssssss

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
michael j hudson's tiwtter is highly loving good though

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Menamino posted:

Kind of a weak claim against Schefter and/or ESPN. He's not a hospital, so no HIPAA claim against him personally. And I remember reading somewhere that NY doesn't recognize a Public Disclosure of Private Facts civil claim. Couldn't tell where this was filed, though. Maybe it's a fishing expedition to try to force him to divulge his source in the hospital to set up an eventual claim against the hospital.

edit: Florida court, apparently, maybe they recognize a PDPF claim.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Dante Fowler's baby mama wears a unitard to a hotel elevator fight, underneath her clothes. That's if she's the one who gets thrown off at the end. I can only hope he sheds blocks that well in a playoff game. Woof.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/24/dante-fowler-full-fight-video/

Sorry for the TMZ link, btw.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So who wants to read an "over my dead body" treatise from a HoF voter regarding Terrell Owens?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

Good news! Chip coaches one.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

v2vian man posted:

Agreed Rap. Agreed.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

v2vian man posted:

I want to know the context

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

nobody gives a poo poo but it's the offseason so gently caress it

imagine the biggest sports rivalry in your country and that you feverishly support one of those teams since you were born (Palmeiras) way before you even knew what american football was

then imagine the Pats will put a shirt of your team's rival in their museum in march (https://translate.google.com/transl...iots&edit-text=)

so let me say once again: gently caress the New England Patriots

thanks and God bless

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The guy who showed up for the India Football League season kick-off.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I was seriously hoping this was Brady's quack orientalist doctor watching him throw before the teams came out

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

NFLPA announced the cap carry-over for each team.

https://www.nflpa.com/news/all-news/2016-nfl-clubs-unused-salary-cap-carryover-amounts-announced

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

whypick1 posted:

So who wants to read an "over my dead body" treatise from a HoF voter regarding Terrell Owens?

His is name Clark Judge. Of course it is.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, Jacksonville could fit a Franchise QB and 2 first round contracts in their carry-over.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Can somebody explain to me what exactly this means?

PRETEND I AM FIVE YEARS OLD, THANKS

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ehud posted:

Can somebody explain to me what exactly this means?

PRETEND I AM FIVE YEARS OLD, THANKS

Basically, the money they didn't spend in the 2015-16 season, they can use that leftover money this upcoming season.

So it lets them raise their salary cap a little (or in the case of the Jags who must have been paying most of their roster in beer and gas money, a lot).

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Basically, the money they didn't spend in the 2015-16 season, they can use that leftover money this upcoming season.

So it lets them raise their salary cap a little (or in the case of the Jags who must have been paying most of their roster in beer and gas money, a lot).

That's what I thought, but then why would you choose not to carry money over? Just being cheap?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Ehud posted:

That's what I thought, but then why would you choose not to carry money over? Just being cheap?

Don't think you can hit the floor?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I like that a Brit just explained to an American one of the more obscure rules of American Football.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sweeper posted:

That must be it.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I like that a Brit just explained to an American one of the more obscure rules of American Football.

lol

yeah I figured that's what it was but it just seems insane to me that you would choose to not have more cap space

probably because I'm a dolphins fan

OFFSEASON CHAMPS!!!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Joey Freshwater posted:

Man, I'm unemployed, I have time to waste just sitting around and learning this.

(Also watching regular season games from the 80s/90s on youtube. I'm watching Cowboys/Steelers from 97 Wk1 right now)

And yeah, the reason you wouldn't do it is if you don't think you can cover your salary floor. Which is SUPER unlikely, hence why everyone chooses to carry over something.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ehud posted:

You might want to keep cap room on the books for the current year for cuts. For instance, the Browns elected to move all of their cap room forward one year. That means they don't have any cap room in the current league year for dead money for cutting Johny Manzeil. That's why they need to wait until 3/9 to cut him.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:horse: Woke up this morning and remembered my team won the Super Bowl! :horse:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

marauderthirty posted:

:horse: Woke up this morning and remembered my team won the Super Bowl! :horse:

You will also die alone and unloved.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sweeper posted:

Probably not since 2 of the teams who elected not to carry over the full amount are probably well over the cap floor to begin with, and in the case of the Saints probably over the ceiling.

Andrew Brandt speculated that it could be based on certain incentive clauses.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chilichimp posted:

You will also die alone and unloved.

Fair enough, now kiss the rings :bigtran:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 22m22 minutes ago
Strangest interview question I've heard a NFL team ask a prospect so far: Do you find your mother attractive? #NFLCombine

I know normal jobs don't compare to the NFL, but if I got asked that at a job interview I would just stand up and leave. That is ridiculous. Hell, it is illegal to ask someone if they are married (I think), how can you ask that? I guess technically they can say it is not a job interview, but jesus christ...Do you think your mom is hot?

edit
I'm not sure if it is actually illegal to ask someone if they are married or have kids. Maybe every business is so terrified of getting sued they just don't allow it, but it is not technically illegal. I have no idea.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 25, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ozu posted:

Probably not since 2 of the teams who elected not to carry over the full amount are probably well over the cap floor to begin with, and in the case of the Saints probably over the ceiling.

Andrew Brandt speculated that it could be based on certain incentive clauses.

Can they carry it over to 2017? Could be to help manage their future cap (though why the Saints would care now is a mystery).

What does the cap carryover mean for Jacksonville? Are they going to have, like, $70m in space?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 22m22 minutes ago
Strangest interview question I've heard a NFL team ask a prospect so far: Do you find your mother attractive? #NFLCombine

I know normal jobs don't compare to the NFL, but if I got asked that at a job interview I would just stand up and leave. That is ridiculous. Hell, it is illegal to ask someone if they are married (I think), how can you ask that? I guess technically they can say it is not a job interview, but jesus christ...Do you think your mom is hot?

Cool that Microwave finally applied to the Draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Im just happy Jeff Ireland is still getting work

• Locked thread