Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Of course Collingwood has a whinge that the Swans are playing at the SCG. Seriously gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

TG-Chrono posted:

Of course Collingwood has a whinge that the Swans are playing at the SCG. Seriously gently caress off.

gently caress Collingwood.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
playing on a safe surface and less collingwood fans attending, seems like a win-win to me.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Corzaa posted:

Agreed.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Deadly Hume posted:

I've plateaued after a few months.

Also what's 165lbs in stone.

Buncha motherfuckers in this thread that need to get themselves over to The General Diet and Exercise Megathread and lift a weight.

Corzaa posted:

This however, is something we can all agree on.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Buncha motherfuckers need to realise Australia has used the SI metric system since the early 70s.

Just because the app uses pounds and inches doesn't mean you have to sound like your grandmother.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I use feet and inches when talking about height, kg for weight, and calories for energy

Deal with it

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I use fathoms when talking about my bits.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
My username suggests I am swole as gently caress but im actually just a beaver

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

I find that hard to fathom

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

TG-Chrono posted:

The circumference of your waistline

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The only yard I understand is beer.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I use chains when counting my rappers

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Yeah like who really cares if you use calories instead of kilojoules? Metric makes sense for height, weight, etc, because it makes it easy to compare the height of a human with the length of a car, or the weight of a duck with the weight of a litre of milk. But calories/kilojoules are essentially a random number that very few people will need to convert into another unit, so just go with what you are used to.

It's like saying don't use Celsius because Kelvin is more scientific

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

ZombieJesus posted:

Yeah like who really cares if you use calories instead of kilojoules?

Nutritional information on food is presented in kilojules

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I was more talking about people asking for advice on fitness and nutrition. There's a huge resource in the fitness forum that a lot of people don't realise exists and don't take advantage of.

I don't think I could possibly care less about what system of units people use when talking about their weight; the actually important thing is to watch trends from week to week and month to month. Measure your weight in carats and your height in parsecs if it floats your boat.

Memento fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 1, 2016

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Measuring stuff is for nerds

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ZombieJesus posted:

It's like saying don't use Celsius because Kelvin is more scientific

Well it's a shade under 305K in Bendigo today, which means it's a wonderful day to go out and hit a round of golf or have a hit of tennis..

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

At least you never forget to use your HELMET!!!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

and i just thought you were a kegel enthusiast

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

snaeksikn posted:

and i just thought you were a kegel enthusiast

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

TG-Chrono posted:

I use chains when counting my rappers

Sounds like a good method, man

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Just because the app uses pounds and inches doesn't mean you have to sound like your grandmother.

It doesn't, I was just being annoying..

snaeksikn posted:

I use feet and inches when talking about height, kg for weight, and calories for energy

Deal with it

This for me. The one I can't stand most though is Fahrenheit. That poo poo just doesn't make sense

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Well yeah farenheit is for crazy people

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

snaeksikn posted:

Deal with it

You are histories greatest monster.

:ssh: I do the same thing :ssh:

snaeksikn posted:

Well yeah farenheit is for crazy people

Americans have to feel special somehow.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Testekill posted:

You are histories greatest monster.

:ssh: I do the same thing :ssh:

Americans have to feel special somehow.

When you add in Miles and Gallons I guess they want to feel extra extra special.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

whats in the water at the gold coast that causes exploding knees?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I used to work as an engineer in the auto industry and going from imperial to metric sometimes from model to model for the same manufacturer was super annoying.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

snaeksikn posted:

Jellyfish and Sharks

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

spamman posted:

I used to work as an engineer in the auto industry and going from imperial to metric sometimes from model to model for the same manufacturer was super annoying.
Super annoying and once nearly cost Air Canada a plane, and did cost NASA a Mars probe.

snaeksikn posted:

pure Peruvian flake

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

Eddie does enough cringe worthy poo poo without you having to make stuff up, but it's cute that you do anyway :shobon:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

It was Gary Pert, never said it was Eddie and here's the link shitlips

Gary Pert on Breakfast with Frank and Ox - https://audioboom.com/boos/4244290

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Ok so I did this called 'eating carbs' that I am hoping magically fixes my endurance issues. Fingahs crossed.

Also installed a nutrition app, tyvm

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

It was Gary Pert, never said it was Eddie and here's the link shitlips

Gary Pert on Breakfast with Frank and Ox - https://audioboom.com/boos/4244290

lol shitlips

Yeah, he's complaining about the Swans and AFL not telling Collingwood what they were working towards, making logistics far more difficult for the club and supporters than if they'd let someone know - and that they only found out the game had been moved on social media. He never complains about playing at the SCG (no one in their right mind would) which is how you represented it. Sorry if I hit a nerve there big guy.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Inference and implication aren't the same thing but whatevs, complain about a 30km shift on one of the fewest number of interstate games in the league.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

glasnost toyboy posted:

lol shitlips

Yeah, he's complaining about the Swans and AFL not telling Collingwood what they were working towards, making logistics far more difficult for the club and supporters than if they'd let someone know - and that they only found out the game had been moved on social media. He never complains about playing at the SCG (no one in their right mind would) which is how you represented it. Sorry if I hit a nerve there big guy.

What, exactly, do the Swans owe Collingwood?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The best measurement is ton. You can have a long ton, a short ton, and a metric tonne and all are different weights. There were also other ton measurements that have been phased out over the centuries.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

lightinwater posted:

Nutritional information on food is presented in kilojules

The whole world except for Aus/NZ uses calories. I don't know why the government haven't given up trying to force in kJ after all these years, it's a stupid uphill battle.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Calories are better because the rest of the world uses them. Using kilojoules on food just because it is metric is silly, everyone else talks in calories. I hate having to do the little mental conversion when I'm looking at a label that only lists kjs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Using kilojoules instead of calories is way too American exceptionalism for my tastes

• Locked thread