Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Really female Robin should have just been the default. Corrin too. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Really female Robin should have just been the default. Corrin too. :colbert:
i like how they did the marketing with fates, with female being the one on all the conquest marketing and male being the one on all the birthright marketing

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

i like how they did the marketing with fates, with female being the one on all the conquest marketing and male being the one on all the birthright marketing

Clearly Nintendo subliminally sending the message that gay marriage is wrong.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well, Conquest chapter 15 was rather pathetic on lunatic. I guess a bunch of free stat booster items is appreciated?
Oh hey Azura showed me a crystal that showed Garon as a sludge thing for approximately a second, I'm convinced, time to kill the father figure of my entire life. The only possible way to do this is take over Hoshido, this is the simplest and most logical conclusion one could make.
I love this story.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 3, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i have so many children

what am I supposed to be doing with all these fr*cking kids

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

i have so many children

Stop playing Fire Emblem and look after your children.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

i have so many children

love them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Use the ones you like and bench the rest.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

That's probably why. Dragonstones and Tomes aren't great because of Corrin's pathetic magic growth even if you chose +magic. Try something like Dread Fighter or Master Ninja or Blademaster.

How about Levin Swords? I was considering a +Mag Corrin for Conquest but given that Corrin's magic growth will apparently never be great and Levin Swords can't crit or use activated skills, I'm starting to question that.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Endorph posted:

I agree, now that I've unforgotten about it. :v:

reposting for relevant and looking nice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Buying Birthright so close to Revelation's release is unfortunate.

It makes me want to skip all the paralogues again since I don't necessary want to do them twice

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Harrow posted:

How about Levin Swords? I was considering a +Mag Corrin for Conquest but given that Corrin's magic growth will apparently never be great and Levin Swords can't crit or use activated skills, I'm starting to question that.

Corrin gets a pretty good mag growth with +Mag, you just need to be in a class with a better base magic growth than Nohr Prince/ss.

I've done +Mag Corrin in both camapigns and ended with 30+ magic both times ending in Malig Knight and Oni Chieftan.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Selkie's recruitment mission consisted of her ORKO'ing a team of stationary archers while the map boss pitifully tried to harm her with 0-damage magic attacks. Appropriately, she thought all this was hilarious.

Selkie is the best kid

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Corrin gets a pretty good mag growth with +Mag, you just need to be in a class with a better base magic growth than Nohr Prince/ss.

I've done +Mag Corrin in both camapigns and ended with 30+ magic both times ending in Malig Knight and Oni Chieftan.

Going by the numbers on Serene's Forest, Nohr Noble's Magic growth is pretty okay, too (as good as Malig Knight, anyway). I'm sort of reluctant to make Corrin a flyer, at least as an end-point class, just because of how conscious I'd have to be of every archer on the map all the time. I'd kind of like to end in Nohr Noble if possible.

That said, a lot of what I wanted to do (grab Rend Heaven, for example) seems kind of silly given that Levin Swords can't use that anyway. I'll still be fighting in melee with the Yato regularly enough, sure, but it seems like a bit of a detour to hop over to a class for a skills that I'll only have a chance to use on like 40% of my attacks. Quixotic doesn't seem like it'd be all that worth it, either.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ajkalan posted:

Selkie's recruitment mission consisted of her ORKO'ing a team of stationary archers while the map boss pitifully tried to harm her with 0-damage magic attacks. Appropriately, she thought all this was hilarious.

Selkie is the best kid

I'm not sure how I feel about her counterpart. Both of the wolf characters seem like big adorable idiots and that's kinda funny.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Harrow posted:

Going by the numbers on Serene's Forest, Nohr Noble's Magic growth is pretty okay, too (as good as Malig Knight, anyway). I'm sort of reluctant to make Corrin a flyer, at least as an end-point class, just because of how conscious I'd have to be of every archer on the map all the time. I'd kind of like to end in Nohr Noble if possible.

That said, a lot of what I wanted to do (grab Rend Heaven, for example) seems kind of silly given that Levin Swords can't use that anyway. I'll still be fighting in melee with the Yato regularly enough, sure, but it seems like a bit of a detour to hop over to a class for a skills that I'll only have a chance to use on like 40% of my attacks. Quixotic doesn't seem like it'd be all that worth it, either.

How about Dark Knight? The growth's a bit lower, but you can keep Yato and be mounted, but not airborne.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Supremezero posted:

How about Dark Knight? The growth's a bit lower, but you can keep Yato and be mounted, but not airborne.

That could be fun. It has lower Magic growth than Nohr Noble but a lot higher Strength growth, so it might make a good hybrid option. Plus, it gets Lifetaker, which I'm pretty sure should work with Levin Swords. Could be fun as a secondary class.

My original idea was to have Spear Fighter as my secondary for easy access to Basara (and therefore Rend Heaven and Quixotic) on the Nohr side, but then I realized neither of those skills are going to work with like 60% of the attacks I'm doing, so it might not be the best idea. I could marry Nyx or A-support Odin for access to Dark Knight, though, so Dark Mage still might not necessarily be a necessary secondary class. Maybe Wyvern Rider so I can hop into Malig Knight for long enough to grab Trample.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
You can just get Dark Mage/Dark Knight as a friendship seal option. It's available to both genders anyway, and there isn't actually any limit on how many Corrin can get. Lance Fighter's genuinely inaccessible on Conquest without it being your talent, though, so you might as well go with it.

Alternatively, you can get Oni Savage (also inaccessible on Conquest) and get Seal Resistance so you can murder everything.

Either way, though, you can probably find almost any given skill online in someone's skill shop anyway.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Supremezero posted:

You can just get Dark Mage/Dark Knight as a friendship seal option. It's available to both genders anyway, and there isn't actually any limit on how many Corrin can get. Lance Fighter's genuinely inaccessible on Conquest without it being your talent, though, so you might as well go with it.

Alternatively, you can get Oni Savage (also inaccessible on Conquest) and get Seal Resistance so you can murder everything.

Either way, though, you can probably find almost any given skill online in someone's skill shop anyway.

That's true. I think I'm saving the skill shopping for making a super-ultra-insane team in Revelation, but I can still grab some good skills just using Friendship Seals. I just need to plan out which ones I want the most to make sure I'm going to have enough levels to get them and that I'll get them early enough that it'll actually matter.

I just remembered I can use a Friendship Seal to become a Swordmaster thanks to Kaze, so maybe Swordfaire would be a good bet, given that both weapons I intend on using are swords.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
no

gently caress you, rainbow sage. Birthright 19 is rude as gently caress when you DON'T HAVE ANY WIZARDS but sakura who has terrible aim

THIS HASN'T BEEN A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW and i kinda doubt it will be again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

no

gently caress you, rainbow sage. Birthright 19 is rude as gently caress when you DON'T HAVE ANY WIZARDS but sakura who has terrible aim

you should have some magic weapons

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is there a more vicious quote then Charlotte's "You're NOBODY" because even after finishing Conquest and Birthright it's the only one that stands out outside Mozu's goofy ones

Haven't heard any nearly as cool as Fredricks "Pick a god and pray" though.

Mozu is adorable. This game might as well had been called Fire Emblem Mozu, because she's my shining star in both Birthright and Conquest. You smell like a goat! You reap what you sow!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why do you need magicians?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Why do you need magicians?

because the map's gimmick is that half the enemies have capped defense and 0 res, and the other half have capped res and 0 defense

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That map owned because Orochi finally had a chance to shine. :3:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

no

Just let Ryoma solo the whole right side.

Well, I also had Felicia running rampant with scrolls as a Strategist, that helped, but Ryoma could've done it on his own.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Endorph posted:

you should have some magic weapons

weirdly all of like, two units that aren't sakura have magic over 3 so that wouldn't really work out

I mean I still did the map on my first go through but it was slow going and extremely inconsiderate of intsys

and sakura also got forcefed all my skill items afterwards

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is that a lunatic gimmick, because on hard I didn't notice anything different from Oboro/Hinata casting Seal of Defense on everyone as usual.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tae posted:

Is that a lunatic gimmick, because on hard I didn't notice anything different from Oboro/Hinata casting Seal of Defense on everyone as usual.

Nope, that was on Hard, too. The left side has enemies with capped Res and no Def, and the right side has enemies with capped Def and no Res, so you're sort of encouraged to use magic damage on the right and physical damage on the left. I imagine IntSys imagined that most players are actually going to level the mages given to them in previous Fire Emblem games even though tomes/scrolls aren't all that great this time around.

Seal Defense can help a lot if you don't have anyone doing magic damage, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

weirdly all of like, two units that aren't sakura have magic over 3 so that wouldn't really work out
you're hitting 0 res, so even units with no magic are still doing like 19-20 damage a hit with magic weapons

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah the magic weapons have high might to offset their inability to hit crits or skills and the fact that not many units can utilize them to the fullest, but when you're hitting 0 res that isn't much of a problem

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Oh boy, I thought chapter 10 of Birthright was annoying, but it turns out it was just a warm up for Chapter 17 of Conquest. I sure do love endless hordes of enemies with no downsides 1-2 range weaponry!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

use the dragon veins to block the main force of the enemy

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Einwand posted:

Oh boy, I thought chapter 10 of Birthright was annoying, but it turns out it was just a warm up for Chapter 17 of Conquest. I sure do love endless hordes of enemies with no downsides 1-2 range weaponry!

Just use chokepoints and it suddenly becomes an easy opportunity to grind up your lower leveled guys.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Supremezero posted:

Just use chokepoints and it suddenly becomes an easy opportunity to grind up your lower leveled guys.

Won't Saizo just commit suicide like a moron if I do that though? I want that speed wing.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Einwand posted:

Won't Saizo just commit suicide like a moron if I do that though? I want that speed wing.

I'm pretty sure easy grinding in the route without grinding beats a speedwing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Einwand posted:

Saizo is incredibly resilient, and you can just heal him if he gets too low. He's actually your best tool against the ninjas at times.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

wait I thought you got nothing for keeping saizo alive

oh well speedwing isn't that important in this game IMO. plus I wanted him to die early to stop hogging exp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Maybe it's not as bad as it looks, still seems like an annoying map at the least.
If I don't get that speed wing then clearly I've failed at properly clearing every bonus objective which is simply unacceptable.

• Locked thread