Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Thor-Stryker posted:

Come to Stardew Valley my friends, its the Harvest Moon game you wanted and actually need. And because it's by an indie dev, the characters are older and can make sexual innuendos without the FBI putting you on a tracker list.

The Dev even fixes bugs and plans to have multi-player.

okay, but i'm not sure what the things in the second sentence have to do with each other, or anything in harvest moon really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thor-Stryker posted:

Come to Stardew Valley my friends, its the Harvest Moon game you wanted and actually need. And because it's by an indie dev, the characters are older and can make sexual innuendos without the FBI putting you on a tracker list.

The Dev even fixes bugs and plans to have multi-player.

Suck my cock

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There's this girl that plays video games and wants to fight with swords and uh. Um -- I think, maybe a Caveman Santa?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Also a literal wizard.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Harvey reminds me of Eugene from High School Dreams Best Friends Forever and I regret not naming the MC Annabellastasia.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Endorph posted:

stardew valley is kind of cool but the characters have like negative personality, lol

Which is still better than the characters in Harvest Moon, which are technically theoretical and can only be detected by their effects on characters in nearby books.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dijon du jour posted:

Which is still better than the characters in Harvest Moon, which are technically theoretical and can only be detected by their effects on characters in nearby books.

don't talk that way about my friend gotz

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

dijon du jour posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dijon du jour posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actually one thing i really like about harvest moon 64 is that it has a cute and surprisingly interesting cast of characters who all head out to the bar at night to drink and talk about their depression and if you befriend them you can help them with the issues they're having and they'll joyously ask you to share a drink and celebrate life with them. harvest moon characters are very cool and fun in general, even when their dialog is translated badly

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

I keep reading this sentence and I still can't understand it.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Some kind of physics joke and autocorrect failure perhaps? I don't get it either.

I don't need to be sold on Stardew Valley, but I do most of my gaming on mobile devices and haven't turned my laptop on in weeks. So it will have to wait.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

The Colonel posted:

okay, but i'm not sure what the things in the second sentence have to do with each other, or anything in harvest moon really

Just, you know, HM games having characters that look/act like they're 12-14 that you're trying to woo and marry.

Stardew just forwards this a few years to help lessen the pedophilia. Unless your into that kind of stuff. . . then maybe this game isn't for you.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Please don't accuse people of pedophilia for enjoying a game that you don't

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Thor-Stryker posted:

Just, you know, HM games having characters that look/act like they're 12-14 that you're trying to woo and marry.

Stardew just forwards this a few years to help lessen the pedophilia. Unless your into that kind of stuff. . . then maybe this game isn't for you.

gross

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
In fact, maybe don't come into a thread about a game series to tell everyone that they're pedophiles and that their game is bad?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Thor-Stryker posted:

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Junpei Hyde posted:

Physics joke. Making fun of dark matter or similar 'we can only see it if we squint really hard at this nearby thing then do a shitload of math, maybe it's not even there at all' physics item.

Methylethylaldehyde fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 3, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

lol

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I don't think the Anime subforum holds a candle to the subreddit this thread is lol

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Tell me more about how bad the anime is, Nisekoi fan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

Might as well create unique Armies for everyone. [GS1] Gays, [GS2] Lesbians, [GS3] Trannies etc.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thor-Stryker posted:

Suck my cock

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

[GS1]

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Motherload struck. Anyways flyboys, feel free to hit up Stardew for more farm waifu fun, lata!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

actually one thing i really like about harvest moon 64 is that it has a cute and surprisingly interesting cast of characters who all head out to the bar at night to drink and talk about their depression and if you befriend them you can help them with the issues they're having and they'll joyously ask you to share a drink and celebrate life with them. harvest moon characters are very cool and fun in general, even when their dialog is translated badly

Harvest Moon 64 is really loving good!

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

stardew valley is kind of cool but the characters have like negative personality, lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

It's also really ugly, but maybe mods will help with that.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

What?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Guy who bought the new mobile game are you going to post about it? I want to hear about some actual story of seasons/harvest moon/rune factory stuff in this thread.

Linnaeus posted:

It's also really ugly, but maybe mods will help with that.
I think it looks pretty good. My only real visual complaint is that certain things could use some kind of outline or boldness. Grown corn, your horse, and lots of stuff that blends in too much with the world when it should stand out.

It actually looks amazing on really high res screens (1920x1080 @ 14" looks great).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

look at the guy's rap sheet

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

An important new addition to the franchise: You can have capybaras and maine coons as pets.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My thoughts so far on Return to PopoloCrois:

Cute cast/setting, but it has been primarily a JRPG with farming additions. No day/night, just go explore areas/fight stuff to make crops grow. So far no crafting, or any defined purpose for going out of your way to farm.

That said, my single biggest complaint is that the controls feel really clumsy in terms of moving around. I walk too far with even a flick of the stick when trying to water/til soil.

I'll keep y'all posted, but so far I'd recommend it for people who would rather enjoy a light hearted JRPG.

You do have controls over difficulty and encounter rate, ala Bravely Default so that's nice.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

TurnipFritter posted:

An important new addition to the franchise: You can have capybaras and maine coons as pets.

This is extremely good and I'm looking forward to it! Those characters looks really nice too, very cute outfits

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

XNA can be made to work on PS4 via monogame

monogame is cute in that the sole developer of the engine has never implemented garbage collection

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DoubleDonut posted:

In fact, maybe don't come into a thread about a game series to tell everyone that they're pedophiles and that their game is bad?

No one here thinks the game is bad. Just the fans that defend romancing characters that were designed to look 12 years old.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
oh no

there's a new game in the genre so we have fan wars

Listen, I'll settle this here and now; rune factory 4 is better. And that's okay, friend.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Met posted:

No one here thinks the game is bad. Just the fans that defend romancing characters that were designed to look 12 years old.

marlin is not a twelve-year-old boy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Aren't HM games for kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Aren't HM games for kids
yeah

they have a kind of cutesy artstyle because they're games *for* twelve year olds, or meant to invoke nostalgia in adults

so that cutesty artstyle means that characters tend to look pretty young no matter what their actual age

• Locked thread