Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks 'dine thread for finally convincing me to dive in.

I've been chowing down on some delicious crown prince skinless/boneless (like a little bitch), but King Oscar is sitting there in the corner of my shelf daring me to EAT THE BONES :ohdear:

Maybe tonight at dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Sheep-Goats posted:

I got deen reccs for UK pod "people" right in the op you doof

E: three quid for a canfish what the heck

There are no sardine recommendations for the UK in the OP, so not sure what you're referring to...

I will 2nd the rec of Sainsbury's Portuguese sardines in Olive Oil. Good price, decent fish.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Sheep-Goats posted:

In the North of China you can get these really cheap bowls of noodles in broth except the broth is quite thin and the noodles are plain wheat so there's very little flavor. The way you eat them is you pour some of this black vinegar into the broth

Koreans eat raw garlic too, like after dinner mints! :confused:

I love me some black vinegar. I make my own hot-and-sour soup on the reg. I add white vinegar to it though because the black adds great flavor but not enough sour.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

is this not working for anyone else?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

wooger posted:

There are no sardine recommendations for the UK in the OP, so not sure what you're referring to...

I will 2nd the rec of Sainsbury's Portuguese sardines in Olive Oil. Good price, decent fish.

quote:

The Pilchard Works -- Oi gunvana give me one up the shitter them Welsh cunts makes a smacking smoked sardine they do they do. A shame they only sells em by the fourteener on their webpage!

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Anderron Shi posted:

I wonder if dad gay eats dines.

can't, gout

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pr0k posted:

Koreans eat raw garlic too, like after dinner mints! :confused:

I love me some black vinegar. I make my own hot-and-sour soup on the reg. I add white vinegar to it though because the black adds great flavor but not enough sour.

The soup thing was weird but had a payout. I don't see a reason however to just eat pieces of garlic on their own.

I remember in one of my humanities classes one of the punk rock retards (generally the best kind of retard but still) was being snide about the Greeks burning the fat of the lamb as a sacrifice as obviously no one eats the fat and therefore there was no sacrifice in the sacrifice. Then I went to China and heard Chinese people say stuff like "foreigners don't enjoy the rich taste of pork fat" by which they mean just eating a literal cube of pork fat cooked in a wok maybe with some half-assed sauce on it.

One of the professors in the Chinese department was ethnically Korean and he was squanty and weird as gently caress and part of the reason my initial foray into English teaching wasn't in Korea, despite that being pretty much the golden era of TEFL in Korea.

raton fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 2, 2016

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
YUSTURDAY BOUT 8PM IDK

AUGMENT THE BURGIN WITH LAMB LEG

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Sizone posted:

can't, gout

:sadpeanut:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Pickled garlic's hella good.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
eat the frickin' bones

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
oh crap no one told me the boneless skinless KOs are fcuking huge. awesome.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I rarely eat fish but I tried sardines today because of this thread and you fuckers turn out to be completely right. Couldn't get KOs because I live in the sardine wasteland of Canada but I found some Portuguese brand and put em on wasa with a bit of dijon.

Ate em bones and all. Good stuff. Wish I had started earlier, so uhhh, thanks.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
a second dad food thread has yada yada yada

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766728

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
We've officially jumped the shark. There will be sardine floaties at the swimming pools this summer and shithead hipsters in King Oscar t-shirts.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Kraut update: looking real good, has a great sauerkraut smell already. Next weekend it's going on some brats.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

They hate me cause they ain't me

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

Kraut update: looking real good, has a great sauerkraut smell already. Next weekend it's going on some brats.

What was in that jar when you first got that jar, it's a real big jar

naem
May 29, 2011

My grandparents had a pretty good sauerkraut smell

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Sheep-Goats posted:

What was in that jar when you first got that jar, it's a real big jar

A dadly amount of pickles.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Sheep-Goats posted:

I was thinking about making that thread since the heyday of the last sardine thread which was before you started posting in it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

I was thinking about making that thread since the heyday of the last sardine thread which was before you started posting in it

Sheep-Goats posted:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
loving learn to whip

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is this now the grandad food thread?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

pr0k posted:

We've officially jumped the shark. There will be sardine floaties at the swimming pools this summer and shithead hipsters in King Oscar t-shirts.

We've had a good run.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Needed a snack and just ate a can of these - they were quite tasty:

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
toasted two slices of wheat bread and buttered them, slapped an entire tin of KO kippered herring on one piece, poured a bunch of sriracha garlic chili paste on top, and slapped the other piece on there. delicious

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

great dinner thanks for the tip, sardine thread

gently caress i should've thrown an egg in it

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Chicken of the sea one dollar per. I got a couple as backup for fisherman's eggs because I mash 'em all up anyway so it's not that big of a difference but it felt really weird putting them on the same shelf as the rack of KO's.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

final2percent posted:

great dinner thanks for the tip, sardine thread

gently caress i should've thrown an egg in it

Digging that apron son

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i really ~heart~ u guys

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
From a few pages back re: Asafoetida - it is a fart suppressant

Interntional use of antiflatulants is highly undadly. Proceed with caution

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Planet X posted:

post of the century

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe someone took down the King rear end Ripper 7 video I depend on that link goddamnit

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Planet X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_6CZ2JaEuc

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Sizone posted:

save the bellas for last and don't neglect the webby, leafy green bits on the fenewy. they must have a use, even if I haven't found it yet

That part you pack in a ziploc bag with a salmon fillet, salt, sugar, and crcked black pepper and mash it under a weight for a week for diy gravlax :chef: :getin:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Tried the KO Kippered Herring and found them to be lacking in delicious smoky flavor. The filets were nice & thick and were masterfully canned but I still prefer these bad boys, available at your local Walmart:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Tried the KO Kippered Herring and found them to be lacking in delicious smoky flavor. The filets were nice & thick and were masterfully canned but I still prefer these bad boys, available at your local Walmart:

These are what I get sometimes, like $1.19 a can here and quite tasty. Smell isn't bad but is strong enough to annoy and gross out your coworkers and loved ones

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

These are what I get sometimes, like $1.19 a can here and quite tasty. Smell isn't bad but is strong enough to annoy and gross out your coworkers and loved ones

Yah they are absolutely delicious, probably the best canned fish around. Dont get me wrong I love my sardines but those kippered herring snacks are just so smoky & meaty, and you cant beat the price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Well that sounds capital, BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress, absolutely capital! I shall sally forth!