Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

PassTheRemote posted:

Um, what the gently caress? Did I miss something?

Ted Cruz is the zodiac killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

colonel_korn posted:

7 Outside of Joe Liccar, I can't think of anyone who so consistently turns out such aesthetically ugly work.

Perhaps you've heard of my good friend AF Branco?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

PassTheRemote posted:

Ted Cruz is definitely the Zodiac Killer

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PassTheRemote posted:

I thought everyone knew by now. I mean, the Zodiac killings happened from '68 to '69 in California. Ted Cruz was born in 1970 in Calgary. It's clear as day people; he is the Zodiac.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mr. Fowl posted:

I thought everyone knew by now. I mean, the Zodiac killings happened from '68 to '69 in California. Ted Cruz was born in 1970 in Calgary. It's clear as day people; he is the Zodiac.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Fowl posted:

I mean, the Zodiac killings happened from '68 to '69 in California. Ted Cruz was born in 1970 in Calgary.

Motherfucker was already working on an alibi, goddamn :aaa:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

the Canberra Times page on David Pope is having problems...

so have these pulled from twitter, instead! :yayclod:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I've been checking up on Pope's via the Sydney Morning Herald's cartoon page, which has all their cartoonists: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/cartoons
They only seem to have them in the smaller format though.

Here's the latest, to complete the set.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Of course it was you Horsey. Of course it was.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Almost as insightful as it is timely, Horsey

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

This is one of the Pope comics that I understand approximately 10% of, but I still love to see the return of his Tony Abbot caricature. :v:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

This is one of the Pope comics that I understand approximately 10% of, but I still love to see the return of his Tony Abbot caricature. :v:
Good news, Abbott's still in the news for stirring up poo poo so he's not going away.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I've quoted this one before but... man. There's been a bunch of cartoons with the same theme, but if there was a gay abortions for 'best gop reaps what they sow cartoon', this would just be the top dog. Every little detail of it is perfect.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

If anyone's wondering this is playing off the fact that supposedly moderate Turnbull absolutely won't stop rolling over for Abbott's hard-right faction and is doing sweet gently caress all when it comes to bringing Abbott's government back to the centre - most recently backing right off from his support for gay marriage.

Tom Guycot posted:

I've quoted this one before but... man. There's been a bunch of cartoons with the same theme, but if there was a gay abortions for 'best gop reaps what they sow cartoon', this would just be the top dog. Every little detail of it is perfect.

Do you have Redheads in the US? Because its a very popular match brand here.

Sardine Wit fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 4, 2016

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Trapezium Dave posted:

I've been checking up on Pope's via the Sydney Morning Herald's cartoon page, which has all their cartoonists: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/cartoons
They only seem to have them in the smaller format though.

my god

Is this Bruce Petty guy having constant ministrokes while he's doodling these gems with his daughter's crayons or what?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Sardine Wit posted:

Do you have Redheads in the US? Because its a very popular match brand here.

Dunno, I live in Australia. If they don't have them in the US, its a shame, because thats just another awesome detail in that glorious comic.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Is this Bruce Petty guy having constant ministrokes while he's doodling these gems with his daughter's crayons or what?
To give you a rough idea of how long Petty has been cartooning like this, he had been cartooning professionally for nearly two decades when did this topical cartoon featuring a famous US president.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trapezium Dave posted:

To give you a rough idea of how long Petty has been cartooning like this, he had been cartooning professionally for nearly two decades when did this topical cartoon featuring a famous US president.

That is a pretty good Nixon.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Tom Guycot posted:

just because, have some depressing details on what "Ash Wednesday" means in australia.

Nenonen posted:

my god

Petty is just Old.

Here's one he did in 1964, in the New Yorker:

Tom Guycot posted:

Dunno, I live in Australia. If they don't have them in the US, its a shame, because thats just another awesome detail in that glorious comic.

Renamed "Rageheads" in the comic. :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PassTheRemote posted:

It is a Twitter meme

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wanamingo posted:

I like it. I'm sick of hearing how Trump is the result of this righteous mass anger at our failed system, as if the Trumpeters are who it's really failed and that they aren't just white people who are shocked by not having everything they want all the time and also that colored communist in the White House.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Not gonna lie, this elicited a chuckle.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

I like it. I'm sick of hearing how Trump is the result of this righteous mass anger at our failed system, as if the Trumpeters are who it's really failed and that they aren't just white people who are shocked by not having everything they want all the time and also that colored communist in the White House.

Yeah the people voting for Trump are the people that are angry the GOP isn't loving everyone else enough. That GOP's own fault for constant hate speech but the people that are being "disenfranchised" by the machine for the last few decades are really just angry white people who fell for the lies about who is really responsible for their misery.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wanamingo posted:

Huh. They announced that they were stopping nude shoots back in October, But I thought the news was a lot older than that.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

loquacius posted:

It is a Twitter meme

It's a meme everywhere at this point. I think the hope for a lot of people saying it is that it'll become so widespread that Cruz will actually have to say something about it even though it's literally impossible for him to actually be the Zodiac Killer. I wouldn't hold my breath on a Cruz response, but I find the meme genuinely funny anyway.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CuwiKhons posted:

It's a meme everywhere at this point. I think the hope for a lot of people saying it is that it'll become so widespread that Cruz will actually have to say something about it even though it's literally impossible for him to actually be the Zodiac Killer. I wouldn't hold my breath on a Cruz response, but I find the meme genuinely funny anyway.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

That is exactly why it's funny.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I heard he hasn't even denied being the Zodiac killer. What is he hiding?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 img-slowly-growing-:qq:
2 Editorial cartoonists are truly a font of creativity
6 "Low KKK" :golfclap:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:perfect:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
How about some First Dog?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I usually read First Dog but boy howdy that is a lot of words.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Independent:

Jesus! That is horrid.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mitt Romneys of all ideologies can agree on this one essential self-evident truth. AGC.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh harder than any other cartoon posted in this thread so far. The facial expressions are fantastic.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bennett's cartoons are really bad this election cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

• Locked thread