Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Chocolate Teapot posted:

Burn all newspapers and the BBC w/regards to "stories" about transplants

FTFY.

e: what a lovely snype. 6 March 1984. Miners' Strike begins...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do you have to dress like that if you want to leave?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

*slips into deck shoes, mustard-coloured corduroy slacks, a crumpled shirt, and a maroon sweater with a hole under the armpit*

I'M READY TO LEAVE THE EU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

OwlFancier posted:

There's definitely an interesting research project regarding the 'anti-politic' and populist approach to fashion taken by figures in the Leave camp, it's almost like it's a way of saying 'I'm not like those suited eurocrats who want us to stay in, look how zany my wardrobe is'. Can't just go tieless, people might think you're one of those communists like Varoufakis.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Oberleutnant posted:

you are kapparomeo and i claim my five pounds

I didn't know kapparomeo's thing was criticising British imperialism but there you go

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Try again?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

The advertising for these insurance comparison sites gets more extreme every year.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

WE WANT TO
LEAVE THE
~~~~~~ ~~
DO YOU?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Angepain posted:

I'm unbelievably excited about the 8̂ campaign.

Legit looks like a Brian Butterfield sketch.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

baka kaba posted:

WE WANT TO
LEAVE THE
~~~~~~ ~~
DO YOU?

the evil EU doesn't deserve a large font size. Luckily $\hat{8}$ are here to put it in its place.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Spangly A posted:

people in the UK are really, really uncomfortable about organ donation. My mother just signed up and told us all as per the advice, joining the rest of us as donors. She's still absolutely adamant that we personally must "make sure she's dead" first, because "you just don't know"
They should give people an incentive bonus to sign up.

Like people are also uncomfortable about mandatory helmet laws for pedal bikes and motorbikes. So we could say that they're optional if you sign up for a donor card, like we already say that they're optional for some religious reasons. That way people get to make their free adult choice while maybe having to confront why those laws are in place. Even in the absolute worst case it just means that organ waiting lists get shorter.

e:

Angepain posted:

Luckily $\hat{8}$ are here to put it in its place.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 6, 2016

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Racist Chinese caricature snowman.

Pesmerga posted:

There's definitely an interesting research project regarding the 'anti-politic' and populist approach to fashion taken by figures in the Leave camp, it's almost like it's a way of saying 'I'm not like those suited eurocrats who want us to stay in, look how zany my wardrobe is'. Can't just go tieless, people might think you're one of those communists like Varoufakis.

I don't even know if it's zany, I don't know what to make of it, same with farage, it's like some weird kind of old man fashion sense except they aren't actually old enough for that. The UKIP youth do the same thing in that daft video they posted.

It's like cargo cult old fashioned-ness, don't quite understand how it works but if we put on the stuff that looks old then britain will be magically time warped back to the days when we didn't have any of these foreigners around.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 6, 2016

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I wish they did so there would be some entertainment value in Brexit debates. Who is this person who looks like a cross between several different regional class stereotypes and an air traffic controller?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Weldon Pemberton posted:

I wish they did so there would be some entertainment value in Brexit debates. Who is this person who looks like a cross between several different regional class stereotypes and an air traffic controller?

Scotland's lone UKIP MEP, David Coburn.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Guavanaut posted:

They should give people an incentive bonus to sign up.

Like people are also uncomfortable about mandatory helmet laws for pedal bikes and motorbikes. So we could say that they're optional if you sign up for a donor card, like we already say that they're optional for some religious reasons. That way people get to make their free adult choice while maybe having to confront why those laws are in place. Even in the absolute worst case it just means that organ waiting lists get shorter.

tbh I'd rather we went for an opt-out system that ticks over at the age of 18. Children will need either capacity or guardian consent, adults should understand that we can't quite grow full organs in a lab for transplant use yet. This also means the NHS doesn't need to end up losing a bunch of usable organs as mourning families sue to block the deceased's expressed wishes.

They either get used, burnt, or eaten by worms. I've personally never heard any non-religious objections that pass basic reasoning, it's always along the lines of "the doctors will have an incentive to kill people!", as if dealing with the public wasn't incentive enough.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Wales recently moved to a soft opt-out and I'm glad they did.

When I'm dead I'm dead, but I may live on as someone's pancreas. Hopefully an attractive lady.

e: fixed gently caress up

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 6, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ddraig posted:

When I'm dead I'm dead, but I may live on as someone's pancreas. Hopefully an attractive lady.

For sure, it's the only way you'll ever get inside one.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ddraig posted:

Wales recently moved to a soft opt-in and I'm glad they did.

Can you die now, please? I could use a new pancreas. I mean, if you're not using it or anything.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Renaissance Robot posted:

For sure, it's the only way you'll ever get inside one.

:eyepop:

The major downside to organ donation is of course that you could end up as a donor to someone like Rupert Murdoch or Dick Cheney or something.

I'm pretty sure oligarchs don't go through the traditional channels and probably just keep street urchins for their purposes but there's always the small chance.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps when we organize the book swap we can also organize a list for who gets dibs on whose organs.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps when we organize the book swap we can also organize a list for who gets dibs on whose organs.

There's going to be a big run on livers quite early on I think

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

As if Rupert Murdoch would want your manky old livers instead of having one from a freshly slaughtered immigrant child.

edit: I see I pre-empted somewhat. Teach me to watch telly and post.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

How is saying that the Irish famine was caused by "English lords stealing all the food (who then wrote letters to parliament saying how ungrateful the Irish were)" anything that our Stiggy chum would say, ever?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Kapparomeo is the one writing the letter jesus loving christ are you dense

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The potato famine was caused by a combination of crop disease and The Economist magazine.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Jedit posted:

Can you die now, please? I could use a new pancreas. I mean, if you're not using it or anything.

Same pal. Though actually having read about some of the people with diabetes who have had transplants, the anti rejection drugs have more side effects and general associated shittiness than just using insulin.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Who is this person who looks like a cross between several different regional class stereotypes and an air traffic controller?

forkboy84 posted:

Scotland's lone UKIP MEP, David Coburn.
Oh my god.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Coburn is a real idiot. I mean beyond the levels of idiocy you would expect from a UKIP MEP.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is a remarkably rotund man.

Booga
Aug 20, 2007

It's impossible to get a picture of David Cockburn without it looking like a caricature. He literally looks like the rich landowner who's stealing all the good stuff during an Irish potato famine

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Why is he always photoed at a 45 degree angle?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Do YOU want a full frontal shot of that man?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Tesseraction posted:

Why is he always photoed at a 45 degree angle?

Optical illusion, light bends strangely around that sort of mass.

Booga
Aug 20, 2007

namesake posted:

Optical illusion, light bends strangely around that sort of mass.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Perhaps this is the fabled Loch Ness Monster. Although he seems like more of a muppet.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Who the hell in Scotland votes for UKIP in the first place? :psyduck:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

MEP voter turnout is poo poo so weird idiots with axes to grind can get the numbers.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

OwlFancier posted:

That is a remarkably rotund man.
Its alright to say stupid fat bastard

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a glitch posted:

Who the hell in Scotland votes for UKIP in the first place? :psyduck:

To be honest I say that about Tories in Scotland, but there they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seaside Loafer posted:

Its alright to say stupid fat bastard

It's less fat but more specifically the breadth to height ratio.

Like, he's very nearly spherical.

• Locked thread