Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Siselmo posted:

Considering that at times he (and the games) seems to forget Flora exists...

Maaaaan, those family dinners must be super awkward. And Al never mentions that he has Flora as a sister.

I wouldn't be surprised if after her last appearance Flora got fed up and moved back to the village, since least the robots will acknowledge her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

Robindaybird posted:

I can't help but wonder if this game was originally meant to be it's own thing - given it's only real connection is a throwaway mention of Alfendi being Layton's kid, and Barton's cameo - but they added the Layton connection to increase visibility and sales.

I looked it up and yep. They changed it to tie it in with the Layton games:

Level-5's Mystery Room Resurfaces With Music From Yuzo Koshiro

Level-5's Mystery Room Reborn as a Layton Title for iPhone

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, Al shot Makepeace, but nobody saw the second or third shots being fired.

There seems to be very little daylight between the truth as we presume and the facts as they are. Can't wait to see how the game finds the gap.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Robindaybird posted:

I can't help but wonder if this game was originally meant to be it's own thing - given it's only real connection is a throwaway mention of Alfendi being Layton's kid, and Barton's cameo - but they added the Layton connection to increase visibility and sales.

Since... it kind of reflects poorly on Hershel that Alfendi turned out to be a corrupt sadist with a fixation on violent crime.

It was going to be a DS game simply called Mystery Room, but then it was moved to iOS and given the Layton branding.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Correct. Which is why we need to be there now, too.

What's the point? Being at the scene isn't going to teach us anything that isn't already in the file.

Wouldn't the official version of events that Alfendi and Keelan shot each other would mean that the case is solved?

What?

Er...nowt! Forget it. On with the investigation!

I'm not entirely sure what Lucy's getting at here; I suppose she means that she wishes Alfendi was more willing to go and investigate actual crime scenes rather than rely on reconstructions?

The first shot hit him in the side. Then he took a bullet to the head when he and Al shot each other.

And there's no question that the bullets were fired from Al's gun. Forensics confirmed it all.

I saw them waving their guns at each other moments before I heard the shots as well. It's all too clear.

I'm afraid so. The moment I witnessed that scene, any trust I had left in Al went up in smoke.

Oh, the melodrama!

What did you say?

Nothing...my dear.

By 'eck, Justin, were these two always like this?

Ee, I had no idea the Prof had it in him.

Let's leave them to it and see if we can identify the weapon used to kill Makepeace, shall we?

Aye, might be best.

And there are two empty cartridges on the floor nearby too.

Yes, there's absolutely no doubt that this is the spot from where Al shot Makepeace.

Two empty cartridges...

Aye, from the shot that hit Makepeace int' side and subsequent shot to his head, eh.

No...

Sorry?

What are you talking about, Al?

You've done all this investigating, and you still haven't noticed?

Steady on, Justin!

Let's see if you can redeem yourselves by identifying the erroneous statement.

Even though Lucy wasn't part of the investigation four years ago, it's still her that has to redeem herself.

If you get this question wrong:

Are you just guessing? Pathetic!
Oh, weren't that the right one?
The statement in question has a mistake so glaringly obvious, it's an embarrassment to have to tell you.

Get on with it then. The erroneous statement is...

Telepathic skills coming through again.

Are you just guessing?

It's nice to see Lucy has some humility. She's improved a lot, but she still has a long way to go. It's also a nice change from the other three, whom are all (Alfendi and Hilda especially) quite confident in their skills.

Well, think back to what the report said about Makepeace's body.

Rubbish! I know what I saw. He had his gun in his right hand and he was clasping the right side of his midriff with his left hand.

But that just can't be. The original investigation must have been flawed in some--

I really don't know what to think, to be honest.

But does it really matter if the man was shot in his left side or his right?

Of course it matters.

Why?

That will come to light in the course of our ongoing investigation.

Ee, you're very sure of yourself, Prof. You don't even know how it matters, but you're sure it will?

Al, you haven't learnt a single thing in the four years since this happened, have you?

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Now I'm wondering if Hilda was watching through some weird contrivance of mirrors, and forgot that everything was reversed.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

HydroSphere posted:

I'm not entirely sure what Lucy's getting at here; I suppose she means that she wishes Alfendi was more willing to go and investigate actual crime scenes rather than rely on reconstructions?

I think she was talking about how the other Al just admitted his guilt and seemingly hasn't investigated the case at all.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Who shot Diane?

Her death seems to have upset you very deeply, Lucy.

But isn't this the woman who very nearly killed you?

No? Diane never actually made an attempt on Lucy's life. If anything, Diane needed to keep Lucy alive.

Well, aye, that's true, but...

Having had a bit of a chat with her, I could see she were just a normal lass underneath.

Oh, bravo, Detective Constable Baker. You never fail to see the best in people.

Cold, but true.

No, I weren't trying to excuse--

Never mind.

I think it's fair to say that Diane was a rotten apple. But whoever killed her is no better.

And that's the case we're trying to solve now.

Then hopefully we'll learn something about the true killer's identity.

She probably didn't even have time to realise she'd been shot.

No, there's no signs of a struggle.

Very interesting, wouldn't you say?

In other words, it were fired recently?

No question.

Aye, and from where it's lying ont' floor, it looks like that were Diane's gun, eh?

Well? Have you deduced anything from this pointless exercise?

Oh, I think so.

Oh? What's that then?

The location of the shooter who killed Diane. Can you figure out where the shot was fired from?

Well, judging from how she's fallen, I'd say...

...the killer must've been ont' stairs leading up to the roof when he or she shot her.

Exactly. It could hardly be more obvious when you look at the body.

Clearly you want me to say that you could therefore not have been the one to shoot the victim.

Yes I do.

So it weren't you who did it, Prof!

Of course not.

And that's not all.

Oh? What else is there?

Someone as devious as Diane wouldn't make herself an easy target. We can be fairly sure she had no idea she was under threat.

In other words, Diane didn't think there was anybody on the stairs leading up to the roof.

Hardly earth-shattering news, Al.

Not really. Clearly the culprit had climbed up the tower sometime when Diane weren't around.

Impossible. Diane didn't set a foot outside this room from the moment she captured me until her death.

And there's no way anyone else could have reached the castle before I did.

That only leaves us four, Al. Watch what you're implying.

As I already said...

…today's events are intimately tied to what happened here four years ago. The suspects are the same.

What exactly are you trying to say, Al?

How do you suggest the culprit managed to get up onto the roof, hm?

Oh, it's really very simple.

That's not an answer. That's nonsense.

Agreed.

I beg your pardon!

Do you have any idea how much trouble you're in, Al? You're up to your eyeballs, my friend.

Oh, I'm well aware of my predicament.

A way that bypasses this room. That eliminates the need to open the door on the stairway here.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Secret passage? Helicopter? Suction cups?
Or just someone who she didn't consider a threat?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't think the insults are helping your case, Al.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think the insults are helping your case, Al.

There's a reason why he was suspected of murder.

Though, huh. A way not even Al knows about. I suspect it's got something to do with a mirror hiding a passage, considering the mirrored wound.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
This is one time where the size of the overall area and the way the towers are situated makes it a bit hard to tell exactly what is where.

To confirm, the collapsed external stairway is on the West tower? And the blockage partway up is on the east?

As far as I understand this structure the castle towers only connect on the second floor and below, so getting from a third floor to another third floor directly seems out - but assuming Al is correct, it has to be possible to reach the roof some other way? I guess someone could hide a ladder somewhere and climb from external floor 2 to West tower roof? Or a rope or some such?

Also, Hilda was said to have been seen by Justin while she was on the top floor of the center tower. So we have to ascertain whether he legitimately saw her or thought he did or whether he could be lying. This is a little important because while its easy to imagine Hilda looking through the slit window with a mirror for some reason, I don't know how to visualize a way for Justin to also see Hilda through the same mirror situation. If Justin is lying it makes things a lot easier though.

Honestly the Commissioner seems the most suspect to me assuming all the places are accurate. He has the most time - both Hilda and Justin are going down the towers and don't even make it to the bottom of the West tower before the final shot is fired. Thus I don't see why he could somehow make it to the top, close the door and then pretend to break it down? But I'm not sure how at this point. And it would be kind of weird for the game to make the commissioner the criminal

Finally, I wonder if its relevant that there are two slit windows on the central tower, one halfway up and one on the top floor. And whether the 3rd floor West window matters since the game makes a note that you could 'fall out of it' if you weren't looking.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 2, 2016

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I feel like it has to have something to do with the third floor west window.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

To confirm, the collapsed external stairway is on the West tower? And the blockage partway up is on the east?

That's right.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Al's witness

I was. Someone shot me. Very nearly lethally.

Someone?

Here we go again.

Come on Lucy, let's get this investigation buttoned up.

Aye. Quick smart.

The bullet they pulled from Al's body was fired from Makepeace's gun. There can be no doubt about that.

In other words, he was shot by Keelan Makepeace, as we've known all along.

Surely you can't take issue with that?

Strange...

Sorry?

Justin, you say you saw me pointing my gun at Makepeace, correct?

Correct. I saw it all too clearly.

And where was I standing at that point?

According to the file, the Prof were standing round about here when he were closing in on Makepeace.

That's it, yes. That's the very spot.

Hilda? Do you agree? Is this where you saw me, too?

Yes, that's where you were. Why, what of it?

Grin? No, this is very sad.

Unfortunately, someone among us has given a false statement. One of you is a liar.

Oh be serious, Al!

I always am, Hilda. No, consider where I'm supposed to have been standing, and it's obvious.

The false statement is...

Hilda said in this statement that she saw the Prof from the top floor of the Central Tower, but that can't be.

Are you just guessing?

No, you're spot on.

With both Alfendi and Alfiendi using this pose, it's not always immediately clear which personality is talking.

Stop these foolish games!

Al had his gun trained very carefully on Makepeace. I saw it quite clearly.

I don't think so, Hilda.

You can't see down to where you say the Prof were fromt' top of the Central Tower.

Excuse me?

All you could have seen is the southern side of the West Tower where Makepeace was.

I was on the northern side of the tower. You wouldn't have been able to see me at all.

No...No, that can't...

I mean, I didn't exactly lie, but...

But what?

I may have been rather seriously mistaken perhaps.

What? What are you trying to say, Hilda?

I definitely saw Makepeace with his gun at the ready.

But I didn't actually see Al.

Alfendi's wavering again.

So I was the only one who actually saw Al, was I?

It seems so.

What of it?

Yes, what of it?

You're going to have to be less obtuse, Al. I don't follow.

You will. All in good time.

Isn't it amazing what a little bit of investigating can turn up?

Don't you think, Hilda?

Are you alright, Hilda?

Let's go over what we've learnt in order.

First of all, we've established that Diane was shot in the temple.

And that in itself tells us something more.

The killer almost certainly didn't use the stairs, but knew of another way to the roof of the West Tower.

I still can't see how there can be another way up to the roof.

Furthermore, we've uncovered some disturbing facts about the murder of Keelan Makepeace four years ago.

The statements of investigating officer Hilda Pertinax have been shown to be extremely questionable.

Firstly, she claimed four years ago to have seen me wielding a gun threateningly at Keelan Makepeace.

In actual fact, all she saw was Makepeace wielding a gun. She didn't see me at all.

But that's not the end of the witness's dubious statements. She also claimed to have seen Makepeace holding his right side while he wielded his firearm.

I'm quite certain of what I saw. I assure you I'm telling the truth.

He was clasping his right side. I remember it clearly.

The aforementioned points lead us to two further issues that require investigation.

And what does the inconsistency between Hilda's statement and the postmortem report tell us?

Objections?

Er...

You have none? Good.

Then let's investigate.

Erm, I, er...

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The game is so loving good in this last case. The duo is working together, and the professor's manic self steals the show.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

I've really been enjoying this game. It's strange, especially with the weird, last minute licensing, but it has some great charm. I really like Alfendi as a character.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Hilda's untruth could be explained with a mirrored view, like someone said, but it would be strange if she didn't realize that for some reason...

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I know they're really painting Hilda in a bad light here, but I'll bet it's going to pull a switch and tell us Justin is the real killer.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Hilda's protests scans too earnest to make me believe she's deliberately lying.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Robindaybird posted:

Hilda's protests scans too earnest to make me believe she's deliberately lying.

That too. She seems genuinely surprised and perplexed that she might be wrong about what she saw.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Drakenel posted:

I know they're really painting Hilda in a bad light here, but I'll bet it's going to pull a switch and tell us Justin is the real killer.

I've been saying Justin was the real villain ever since he first appeared and I will be glad to be vindicated. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

:f5:
Oh god, the suspense is killing me!

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
So that makes things interesting - assuming she's not lying Hilda was really mistaken in what she saw and has two major inconsistencies. Could she have a mirrored view caused by glass in the slit window ? That's the only thing I could think of, but I imagine she would see that. (cue crazy ideas of the towers being flipped and everything happening on the opposite towers, which is absurd and super unlikely)

What this means is that Justin might have constructed a situation (by pretending to call out to Al, etc) such that Hilda would perceive a certain thing on purpose in order to get away with the actual murder/actions, and then later arranged the evidence to back it up. But Al could have been shot somewhere else, and Justin could have shot Keelan in this situation. (insert other crazy idea of Hilda actually being accurate about the wound, but the post-mortem being fudged by Justin. This might be lying to the player though and break the rules of mysteries.)

If he could ignore the blockage on the east floor somehow and not have to take the external stairs, he could get to the west tower much faster than the other two. And assuming he could get down from the west tower roof through the secret way as well as get up he could then return to the group when they were discovering the body.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 3, 2016

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Usually when someone is lying and they're presented proof that contradicts their words, liars will tend to come up with an explanation to try to explain the contradiction - until the lies collapse under their own weight.

While Hilda seems to be responding with genuine confusion.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If Hilda's view were flipped, that means not only that she would see the wound on the wrong side, but that she would see Justin on the East tower when he was really on the West. But that would mean the victims were on the East tower. Is there something on that side he could have set up as a decoy of Makepeace and Layton? Given the storm, "shot them early" does not seem like it would be difficult to hide.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
If HIlda's view was flipped, then Lawson was actually up the West Tower. ...does that mean he knows the secret ways up, or?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Bruceski posted:

If Hilda's view were flipped, that means not only that she would see the wound on the wrong side, but that she would see Justin on the East tower when he was really on the West. But that would mean the victims were on the East tower. Is there something on that side he could have set up as a decoy of Makepeace and Layton? Given the storm, "shot them early" does not seem like it would be difficult to hide.

That makes more sense than my crazy idea of the towers being flipped. He wouldnt need a decoy of Layton, just Makepeace anyways.

However, there is one tricky thing - Justin, Hilda and the Commissioner were all together and all heard the first shot at the same time. It's possible that this shot was a miss though, but if it did actually result in the injury that Keelan shows then Justin can't have fired that shot and so we have to count for it accordingly.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Hilda's untruth:

But examination of the body revealed a wound to the left side only.

Aye, so you keep saying. But what does that tell us?

There really aren't that many possibilities. Can't you figure out which is likely to be closest to the truth?

Maybe Makepeace weren't shot at all. Int' left or right side.

Be serious, woman! Didn't you hear what we said?

Makepeace was clasping his midriff in agony. Of course he'd been shot.

You're exactly right, Lucy.

Have you both lost your faculties?

Makepeace was clasping his midriff in apparent agony.

But, that doesn't make sense.

I know how the criminal mind works. It's like I'm inside their heads.

Makepeace hadn't been shot. He hadn't been shot at all.

An act? What possible reason...

I don't think so, Al. That doesn't add up.

We heard a total of three shots that day.

That's true.

If the first was fired into thin air as part of the act, we should've heard four shots in all.

Come again?

The answer is staring you in the face. That first shot that was part of the act is the key.

It wasn't fired into think air as you so foolishly surmised, Justin. No, it found it's intended target.

And that target was...

Of course! The first bullet that were fired hit...

...you, Prof!

Lucy looks very pleased by this.

Precisely, Lucy.

Eh?

All this time I've been questioning it.

You've really lost me now, Al. You're up in cloud cuckoo land.

But at last, I've found the answer.

I'd taken a bullet myself and was lying there unconscious before Makepeace had even been shot.

Hold on a minute.

If that's really true, then...

That's right.

We have to add another to the growing list of false statements we've seen today.

The statement in question being...

If the Prof had been taken down with the first gunshot, then...

...he couldn't have been seen pointing his gun at Makepeace.

Which means...

Me?

Hold on a minute.

I really don't follow your logic here. Let's just run through this again.

As you wish.

If what you're saying is true...

...that first gunshot was someone shooting you, Al. So you would have been out cold on the rooftop.

Across from you, Makepeace puts on a show as if it's actually him who's been shot.

Exactly. Makepeace was clasping his right side in a performance to make it appear as if he'd been hit.

That's it. That's the bit I don't get.

What possible reason could Makepeace have had to put on a show like that?

Why would I shout out to you to tell you not to shoot if you weren't wielding your gun?

I don't have any reason to lie.

If you're going to drag me over the coals, at least have an argument that makes sense first.

I have to agree with Justin. None of this makes the slightest bit of sense.

It's beyond simple.

Eh? We were in cahoots?

And there's evidence to prove it. Lucy?

I think you're referring to this report I got given when I solved the case of the battered pork.

That's a blast from the past, that is.

But what does it possibly have to do with all this?

You explain, Lucy.

Well, according to Diane...

...the Prof may have destroyed vital evidence in the original case.

Al! Even you wouldn't sink so low, surely?

I wouldn't think twice about destroying evidence if it pleased me. Sorry to disappoint you, Hilda.

Alfiendi's almost dangerously honest.

But don't overlook the obvious. I wasn't the only one with opportunity to do so in that case.

Surely you're not saying...

You were both there. You know who was involved.

Everyone on the team investigating the Jigsaw Puzzle Killings had the chance.

Give over!

Diane offered another fascinating insight into her father's crimes.

Are you suggesting that someone in the Met knowingly allowed a serial killer to remain at large?

More accurately, that person was controlling the flow of information to prevent Makepeace being caught.

But why would anyone do that?

Presumably he wanted a lot of people dead.

I get it now.

And that corrupt policeman would be me, would it?

I'm so glad you managed to keep up.

Four years ago, you decided it was time to wrap things up.

No. Justin wouldn't do summat like that. Come on, Prof.

Ah ha ha hah! That is an impressive work of crime fiction, Al.

Fiction?

Obviously.

As proof, you have Hilda's far from convincing witness statements.

It's not the most convincing case ever, Al.

Aye, you've got a point there.

And you've forgotten one very important thing.

What's that?

Where everyone was.

When I found Makepeace, I was on the roof of the East Tower, not the West Tower, where he was.

Well, isn't that--

The same mystery we come back to time and again? Oh yes, the secret way to the West Tower rooftop.

But as that remains a mystery, nothing's actually changed, has it?

You're still the prime suspect, Al. Not me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Of course the guy with the deformed nose is evil.

So, I guess Diane really is dead. :(

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

He wavers back to Alfendi for a second when he talks about how he tried to remember-- I wonder how guilty he felt for killing a man and ruining the investigation? This whole thing seems kind of desperate-- like Alfiendi is throwing everything at the wall trying to prove he's innocent but he's secretly scared that nothing's going to stick because he really was the culprit.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, Keelan was trying to deceive someone into thinking he'd been shot. But... who? Hilda?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Glazius posted:

So, Keelan was trying to deceive someone into thinking he'd been shot. But... who? Hilda?

The theory they seem to be going with is that Keelan and Justin were working together to pin a crime on Al, presumably making Hilda or Barton a witness to corroborate the story.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
So this explains how one of the group could have enough knowledge of the Keep in order to know a secret way up - either by advance info from Keelan or coming here beforehand for a meeting.

That leaves the question of why, if we assume that Justin and Keelan had control of the situation, why Keelan is dead and Al is alive? Was Justin going to double-cross Keelan the whole time?

My guess is that he was trying to tie up both loose ends at the same time, only Al not dying wasn't expected. It remains to be seen Keelan was killed still, but it might be related to what got Diane killed.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 5, 2016

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

West Tower Rooftop:

One mystery holds the key to all three incidents. The secret way to the top of the West Tower.

The killer must have known a way to the rooftop without using the stairs inside the tower.

I'm sorry, Al, but you have to let this go now. There is no such way.

Hilda's right. The original investigation was very thorough. They didn't find anything like that.

Thorough? Don't make me laugh.

The police do seem to have overlooked quite a bit.

Lucy, let's show them what thorough looks like, shall we?

Look for evidence that proves the killer reached the West Tower's room without using the stairs.

We can't do it. We can't prove there's another way to the West Tower.

Any piece of evidence will progress things here.

What's your point, Lucy?

Erm, I thought perhaps this might have summat to do with the secret way up to the roof.

Of course it doesn't. Can't you see that?

Well I just don't know what you're expecting me to find, Prof. There's nowt, honestly.

Don't let him get to you, Lucy.

I'm sorry to disappoint you and Al, but I really don't think there's another way to the roof.

If you haven't done Hilda's untruth yet, you're sent back here to solve that first.

What you do you mean? Give what up?

This 'secret way' up to the roof that Al keeps banging on about. It's fiction.

How can you be so sure, Justin?

I've spent the last four years trying to prove it wasn't Al who shot Makepeace. But it can't be done.

Hmph. It can't be done by someone as untalented as you.

Yes, I'm afraid that's true.

And now I'm tired. Really, really tired.

I know how hard it's been on you, Justin.

I should have accepted the truth straight away like you did, Hilda. I shouldn't have fought it.

It was Al. It's still you, no matter how much you'd like to say it wasn't.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
:f5:
Seriously.
Still, I think we're kinda ignoring the bomb Al dropped with the whole "Justin and Makepeace were working together" statement.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I believe it was mentioned earlier that Alfendi was looking like his Alfiendi self during the flashback.

So, in that case, what is this other Alfendi? A split personality made from the possible guilt?

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

:allears: This is such a cool case.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it really does seem like Al is grasping at straws here. But someone shot Diane Makepeace, and unless he's got previously unrealized powers of bullet telekinesis, it wasn't Al.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm confused over which Al speaking at what time.

• Locked thread