Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok, so, now that this is happening...C'mon Platinum reboot of Soul Reaver, Daddy needs a new... erm, rag, i guess, to cover his horrific visage!

Is anyone else really excited for this to outsell DmC several times over? I played through the original release of DmC on PC and cleared everything up through DMD, and while i hear Vergil is fun the game itself just couldn't hold a candle to DMC 1/3/4

A 5th game should, OUT OF THE BOX, contain Dante, Nero, Virgil, Lady & Trish and we should NOT haveto repeat the same level as multiple characters unless these levels play dramatically differently, not just "Now go BACKWARDS through the jungle".

And if you must include a boss rush mode (These can be fun but never ever make sense in story, just make it a bloody palace-like feature) don't gate it behind a bunch of dumb board game bullshit. If there is one thing my high-octane, twitch combat brawler needs, it sure isn't a slow, plodding game of demon yahtzee.

still this is probably the best news i'll get this week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You know its going to DmC 2. DmC wasn't all that bad for trying to get new people into the game.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I have to think the new DMC won't get that level of treatment because I don't want to get my hopes up but I really want to get my hopes up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

You know its going to DmC 2. DmC wasn't all that bad for trying to get new people into the game.

It would be pretty odd to bring back the guys behind Dante and Nero for DmC2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe he meant gameplay-wise? but im pretty sure SE outsold DmC's PS4 port.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Senerio posted:

I'd be fine keeping Dante's Shotgun as a pile of crap if Lady is also in the game with her actually good shotgun.

you're a monster, a monster

edit:
point blank is infinitely better than ground zero
infinitely!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We will get Dante, Nero, and Vergil out the box probably because this game is more than likely going to revolve around them probably.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Did Reuben have any comments about DmC?

Also seriously if this isn't a fully fledged game Capcom has learned nothing.

I'll still buy because I'm a fanboy though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Langdon doesn't have an issue with DmC and liked what he played of it, but he recognizes devil may cry fans don't like it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I wonder if the new game won't end up being more of a DMC4.5, ie a new scenario with new levels but characters that basically play the same as 4SE.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are all wrong. It is going to be what I have been hoping for all along: they brought in the motion capture actors to bring the HD collection to Steam.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

You guys are all wrong. It is going to be what I have been hoping for all along: they brought in the motion capture actors to bring the HD collection to Steam.

but you can already play dmc3 with style switching on pc

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Fereydun posted:

the leaks are real

JYB and Reuben Langdon taunting us with an NDA :negative:

I know they probably wouldn't, but I'd like to see them carry over some of DmC's better features; visual indicator of a pause combo, the practice mode (with an enemy to practice on), maybe even some of the weapon transition combos.

[e]: Vergil confirmed for cowboy:

[e2]:
Oh, yeah - the teleporting sword stuff; I forgot that originated with DmC. Ah, well there's hope then.
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 12, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

I know they probably wouldn't, but I'd like to see them carry over some of DmC's better features; visual indicator of a pause combo, the practice mode (with an enemy to practice on), maybe even some of the weapon transition combos.

I wouldn't say that is impossible. They specifically based some of DMC4 Vergil's moves off the DmC version so they're not opposed to borrowing ideas.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
dare i dream???

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Pesky Splinter posted:

The visual and rumble indication for Death Coil in DmC:DMC might be the best part of that entire game. Shame that it also facilitates Arbiter's attack that can two shot pretty much anything.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want Must Style mode in all games from now on.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I just wanna see what batshit plot they're gonna up with next. Also what the monster designs are gonna be.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rescue mission to save Vergil

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Fereydun posted:

the leaks are real

Is this foreal? It's not showing up on his Facebook page anymore.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlackFrost posted:

Is this foreal? It's not showing up on his Facebook page anymore.
he probably took it down when he realized 'oh, yeah, that shouldn't leak'

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So I want this to be a globetrotter game where the team flies to Japan or Egypt and fights ancient egyptian demons or Oni or whatever Indians fight.

Im just burnt out on Angels & Demons after 5 DMC and 2 Bayonetta. Ill be happy with anything but mixing up the enemy selection would be dope.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Rescue mission to save Vergil

apparently in project x zone 2 (giant capcom crossover srpg, it's not really good for anything but fanservice), vergil features there as dante's tag team partner because instead of getting turned into mundus' bitch at the end of dmc3, he either gets lost for like 3 days in the demon world and gets bored before returning, or wins against not-satan

then time travel bullshit happens, he encounters dante fighting nelo angelo, and realizes that he's already at his most powerful so his ambitions have been technically fulfilled, and joins in fighting his evil self

what im getting at is that i want to play vergil in dmc5 no matter how stupid the justification is

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seeing how popular Vergil is I smell a retcon coming.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
While I'd settle for a Vergil stand-in with his playstyle, or even his exact moveset, I wouldn't be as motivated. Basically,

toasterwarrior posted:

i want to play vergil in dmc5 no matter how stupid the justification is

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

toasterwarrior posted:

what im getting at is that i want to play vergil in dmc5 no matter how stupid the justification is

he should just show up. no one questions it.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Get real cuhrayzee and bring back sparda too

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
DMC:SE is gonna be announced.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who needs a justification

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'd like a prequel with the story focusing on Sparda, myself.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the lack of dodge cancel in dmc (playing the definitive edition for the first time) is really loving with me, and is bad

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
they didnt normalize the secret missions in dmc (like in other titles), so if you have hardcore mode on doing the style missions is a huge PITA because enemies spawn so slowly

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol that's pretty funny

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

DMC:SE is gonna be announced.
turns out you were right
its dmc4se:even more special edition

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Link pleaseeeee

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

RBX posted:

Link pleaseeeee
dmc1 model, includes the cutscene model and stuff but not the effects/alastor
http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/6014518/1/

here's my own packed up gameplay model w/ all the effects and poo poo that only show up when you use the dmc1 model.
stick it in the nativedx10/rom/player/costume folder and overwrite because you're never gonna use the fuckin' donte color anyways
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vi8i3ximm6mkr66/dmc1_dante_pack_%28trp_model%2Balastor%2Beffects%29.rar

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hoping for dmc news at e3

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

more dmc4se: even more special edition

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom Humble Bundle, featuring DmC (& RE4, RE:Rev, Remember Me) at the beat-the-average tier (currently $8.31) and DMC4SE (& RE6) at the $15 tier, plus Bionic Commando Rearmed, Strider and more: https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-bundle-remix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So its just a re-release of a re-release? Capcom so far you have fallen.

• Locked thread