Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I bought a used PSP Go once and the guy never disconnected his account so it still had all his games/music/photos/I could go onto the PS Store with his account

I just disconnected the account so I could use my own but it's weird people aren't more careful with that stuff
The PSP Go... still works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Junpei Hyde posted:

There are PC ports, right?

To my knowledge, there are PC ports but Falcom only made one for the first game. China has both games on PC with the caveat that they're in Chinese, but the definitive versions of the Crossbell games are exclusively on Vita.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Free the post

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

It was like 5 years ago

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Policenaut posted:

To my knowledge, there are PC ports but Falcom only made one for the first game. China has both games on PC with the caveat that they're in Chinese, but the definitive versions of the Crossbell games are exclusively on Vita.

Yeah, but if they're on PC I figure that's more likely to be the versions we get.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

There are PC ports, right?

Yes but only by a Chinese company. Falcom did take the Chinese version of Zero, put the original Japanese script back in and release it back in 2013 so XSEED could use that version no problem, but Ao only got released for PC in China. I'm still holding out hope that Falcom will do what they did for Zero when that time comes though and save XSEED a licensing headache.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Policenaut posted:

That's more than fair, IMO. I'm genuinely shocked they bothered to put SC on PSP.
Putting it on PSP just means "putting it on Vita". Additionally there's actually a Vita version of 3rd in progress, so Japan Vita owners a great upgrade, and western ones get hosed.

Otoh, now i'm wondering if there's netbook-sized PC laptops with a gamepad integrated into the device.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Butt Ghost posted:

Mine still works perfectly.

Godzillion
Feb 29, 2016

Mithaldu posted:

Putting it on PSP just means "putting it on Vita". Additionally there's actually a Vita version of 3rd in progress, so Japan Vita owners a great upgrade, and western ones get hosed.

Otoh, now i'm wondering if there's netbook-sized PC laptops with a gamepad integrated into the device.

Sadly the tablet market destroyed netbooks entirely.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/xseed_games

Xseed is showing of the new Senran Kagura. An interesting little tidbit they revealed was that Sony won't allow a physical Vita manual in the west.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

Mine still works perfectly.
... but how do you put anything on it? I never got one but I thought you needed the dead store for that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CrashCat posted:

... but how do you put anything on it? I never got one but I thought you needed the dead store for that?

You can still download to a PS3 and transfer I believe.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Media GO still works, too. At least the download list/install part.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

The "upgrade" is a port with worse art and a remixed soundtrack of variable quality.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm loving ImpAtom's new av waaay too much.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

ImpAtom posted:

You can still download to a PS3 and transfer I believe.
Yeah, I've always just used the PS3 for downloading PSP games.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Mithaldu posted:

It's just new art, the new orbment system and voices, you're not missing that much. Considering everything, they're still very much the same games.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

By upgrade i meant "PSP resolution to Vita resolution", wasn't even aware of the other stuff. Also, i'll definitely be missing much, since there's no way i'll read a game the size of a LoH novel on a PC.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CrashCat posted:

it can still log in and download stuff via the download list, you just can't access the store to buy anything. since you can buy poo poo on the website it's fine, whatever

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dehry posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/xseed_games

Xseed is showing of the new Senran Kagura. An interesting little tidbit they revealed was that Sony won't allow a physical Vita manual in the west.
For this game or just for new games?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Mithaldu posted:

By upgrade i meant "PSP resolution to Vita resolution", wasn't even aware of the other stuff. Also, i'll definitely be missing much, since there's no way i'll read a game the size of a LoH novel on a PC.

All of the PSP/Vita versions are based off the PC releases...

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
Nice little error I have gotten.
This is the second time I have received this error.

While updating KanColle.

Checked online and there does not seem to be much information about it. Mostly speculation.
Sony suggestions are laughable.

Any thoughts?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's trying to protect you. Do you not understand?

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
Protecting from what?
Alluring ShipGirls?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The terrible secret of ships.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ayukawa posted:

While updating KanColle.

Checked online and there does not seem to be much information about it. Mostly speculation.

Any thoughts?

There was a bug a little bit ago that erased saves, so it could be the devs loving up again.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
I do hope my save does not get deleted.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Even if it is a bad game, it sucks that PSN is causing his fun to run ashore.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ayukawa posted:

While updating KanColle.

Any thoughts?

In the old vita thread ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466426&pagenumber=1537&perpage=40#post444725127 ) someone else had the same error. I just sent them a PM to ask how that resolved itself for them.

Also, general thoughts: The Vita tends to strongly degrade network quality for all devices including itself while downloading a game, in which case retrying a bunch can help. Additionally the game's storage may actually have become corrupt. Maybe try backing up to PS+, deleting and reinstalling it?

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I get that error fairly often when doing an update from the Livearea screen (might be a different one, I can't remember the code exactly). It always installs the patch properly in spite of it so I've not been too stressed. It doesn't happen if I let it download then install by starting a game.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

mikeycp posted:

Even if it is a bad game, it sucks that PSN is causing his fun to run ashore.

I do not see why some people think it is a bad game.
I find it fairly mindless, but still a lot of fun.

Mithaldu posted:

In the old vita thread ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466426&pagenumber=1537&perpage=40#post444725127 ) someone else had the same error. I just sent them a PM to ask how that resolved itself for them.

Also, general thoughts: The Vita tends to strongly degrade network quality for all devices including itself while downloading a game, in which case retrying a bunch can help. Additionally the game's storage may actually have become corrupt. Maybe try backing up to PS+, deleting and reinstalling it?

It was an update patch.
I think I will try the redownload. It would include the patch I assume.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ayukawa posted:

You have to be stern with him, don't bow to his insults

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

ayukawa posted:

I don't know north from south with regards to it. I just go with what the voices in the wind tell me. If it's smooth sailing to a good time then that's great!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

boat

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ayukawa posted:

It was an update patch.
I think I will try the redownload. It would include the patch I assume.
Said earlier poster answered. :)

Stare-Out posted:

I haven't had that error since and it only appeared when trying to install updates if I recall. Never seemed to have any negative effect though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

For this game or just for new games?

They weren't really clear other than saying that Vita games in the west don't have manuals, but the PS4 version has a 40 page manual in the case. They said they wanted to but couldn't get one.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Is the PS Vita's memory card really slow to write to or what? Why does it take hours to copy things to it over USB?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

ayukawa posted:

never let a man tell you which boats you may or may not enjoy

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
So...should we start passing these out now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzillion
Feb 29, 2016

RanKizama posted:

So...should we start passing these out now?

q4b