Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
He doesn't do a very good of ambassadoring if that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I think it was a one-year deal around 2014, but at least based on his twitter he's a huge fan.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Going past the G on the way to and from uni makes the wait seem even longer.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I love that huge graffiti that showed up in the past few months. Black letters about three metres high that say "REALLY CHEAP ALCOHOL".

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
afl is doing the count down for the top 50 players and have gotten to the top 3 http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/players-top-50

obviously 2 of those will be ablett and fyfe, but im a bit stumped who the other one is

e: its gotta be dangerfield, duh

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

afl is doing the count down for the top 50 players and have gotten to the top 3 http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/players-top-50

obviously 2 of those will be ablett and fyfe, but im a bit stumped who the other one is

e: its gotta be dangerfield, duh

You understand he's already been tapped to win the Brownlow this year to complete the fairytale narrative, and add more detail to the already huge Fyfe vs Dangerfield made-for-TV rivalry, yes?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Wait, anyone thinks Dangerfield is on Fyfe's level?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

its an effective troll now you can piss off 2 clubs' supporters with that statement now

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

We'll find out end of 2017, when Fyfe's current contract runs out and he has the option of being a free agent.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

First their president, now Shem Tatupu, everyone's going for the lifeboats on the good ship hawthorn

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

NTRabbit posted:

We'll find out end of 2017, when Fyfe's current contract runs out and he has the option of being a free agent.

Well, he is already home...

As for footy podcasts, I still miss Mondayitis with Crackers Keenan, but I really enjoy Titus 'n' Paradise, and the new Will Anderson one is pretty good. Junk Time is starting to grate on me, like someone else said, their guest show are worth a listen though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Jeremy Cameron got 4 weeks, surprisingly

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Solemn Sloth posted:

First their president, now Shem Tatupu, everyone's going for the lifeboats on the good ship hawthorn

Don't worry because

NTRabbit posted:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

cameron gets 4 weeks for breaking someone's cheek on the field and krakouer gets 5 weeks for someone breaking his jaw off it.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
On the topic of podcasts, my favourite comedy footy cast is junk time with Adam rosenbachs and Michael chamberlin. Pretty funny and a good way of getting footy news. I like Wil Anderson though, so I'll definitely give his new one a try

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Wil Anderson was the edgy young cohost of the triple J breakfast show back when I first got my license and started driving myself to school in the mornings, then I went to see his show at the Fringe two years ago and he was old and grey and I wondered where my life had gone

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I saw Michael Chamberlain at a comedy show for fringe last month, I heckled him with positive reinforcement after he complained at the beginning of the show that hecklers only ever yell out negative things

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Dunno if the Coodabeens have a podcast but they are easily the best footy program on the radio.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Not that I'll tune in much this season because apart from the week we beat Carlton I don't really feel the urge to get involved in footy for some reason

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

Dunno if the Coodabeens have a podcast but they are easily the best footy program on the radio.

The ABC put up their full shows every week, kept me in touch with the footy world while living in the UK years ago.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Speaking of the ABC, 4 corners are running a story on Essendon next monday. Will be interesting to see if they have anything new or just a comprehensive look at information already out there. You'd think new given the coldness of the story and 4 Corners track record.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
When I'm trying to get back up to date with recent footy news I usually just rewatch one of the last three premierships or associated finals. You know, just to keep my finger on the pulse.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

Speaking of the ABC, 4 corners are running a story on Essendon next monday. Will be interesting to see if they have anything new or just a comprehensive look at information already out there. You'd think new given the coldness of the story and 4 Corners track record.
Surely new info. Unless they think that the impending season will get eyes on the story? Not generally the ABC's MO though.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm not really sure how it happened but over the summer break he became the best player in the competition

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Damien Hardwick re-signs with Richmond for two more losing finals.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

TG-Chrono posted:

Damien Hardwick re-signs with Richmond for two more losing finals.

Buckley got an extension too.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Looking forward to Collingwood getting to 8-3 then self destructing for the third season in a row

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I hope we win the Queens birthday match this year, I'm sick of watching us get belted whenever I make the effort to fly over for it

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
There's a risk that might be a good game this year.

We have reached the end times if true

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

There's a risk that might be a good game this year.

We have reached the end times if true

The last time it was good we lost by a point and drew the second fixture later on. Collingwood won the flag that year.

gently caress.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Yes, but the last time you played Collingwood, you gave us this great Eddie McGuire sook.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the Richmond one where they were playing the roos I think. Dude was losing it because Richmond were up like 20+ points and then Richmond happened. It was hilarious.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Just imagine how bad a hawks version of press red would be.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Periphery posted:

"Press Red for Jeff"?

I'm waiting for Noted Good Bloke Hodgey to retire so he can be in the Hawks press red, and can tell me about how "<insert player here> had it coming".

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Periphery posted:

With Jeff Kennett in the Eddie role?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I liked the Richmond one where they were playing the roos I think. Dude was losing it because Richmond were up like 20+ points and then Richmond happened. It was hilarious.

that was probably crazy old man/former richmond champ kevin bartlett. you'll be happy to know at the release of the 2016 fixtures he declared that the afl had just gifted richmond the premiership for this year

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I just saw Tom Boyd's stats from the weekend; 13 disposals (8 contested), 76.9% DE, 7 marks (5 inside 50), 9 hitouts, 1 centre clearance, 2 tackles, 2 inside 50s, 3 goals, 2 behinds and 8 score involvements (second highest behind Wallis) from 76% time on ground. Pretty strong numbers even with those two behinds

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Schlesische posted:

"Press Red for Jeff"?

I'm waiting for Noted Good Bloke Hodgey to retire so he can be in the Hawks press red, and can tell me about how "<insert player here> had it coming".

Campbell Brown and Hodgey together in a both, making notes of which players they'd smash their heads in

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

You could have Dermott, Matthews, C Brown, and Hodge all talking about "targets"

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Spedman posted:

You could have Dermott, Matthews, C Brown, and Hodge all talking about "targets"

I sort of see it like the big bash with the players mic'ed up. Hodge wears a mic on field while Dermott giggles like a school girl in the commentary box giving him targets to kill during the game. When the player manages to get up on his own accord without the use of a stretcher is when the commentary team all throw down their headsets and stomp out in a huff ala Eddie/KB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
They've gotta be sinking tins the whole time until Hodge staggers to his feet at 3qtr time and snatches his keys from the frightened producer (the last one having been snapped in half the week before)

• Locked thread