Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
1 - When you get the suicide mission, do absolute everything else there is in the game before starting it. (except Overlord, Shadow and Arrival.)
2 - The members of your team will tell you the correct choices as you go.
3 - It's really that simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also remember that all of Zaeed's stories end up with him being the only survivor.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Even his gun didn't make it out in the end. Until it did...

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Always do what Miranda recommends, she's always right.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Pook Good Mook posted:

Heh.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Miranda isn't a strong biotic.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I always thought it was super obvious that you were supposed to use Samara there that I never even thought about using anyone else, who else works?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I always thought it was super obvious that you were supposed to use Samara there that I never even thought about using anyone else, who else works?

Jack.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I thought it was super obvious that Jack was the most powerful biotic that I never thought of using anyone else. I kind of forgot that Samara was able to do that too.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Samara is better because she's part of the biotic master race. Jack's nose bleeds at the end but her's doesn't. No one else compares.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mastajake posted:

Samara is better because she's part of the biotic master race. Jack's nose bleeds at the end but her's doesn't. No one else compares.

Jack actually mentions doing it in ME3. Samara doesn't. Plus she gets all respectful and refers to Shepard by rank during the bubble.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Geostomp posted:

Jack actually mentions doing it in ME3. Samara doesn't. Plus she gets all respectful and refers to Shepard by rank during the bubble.

Better as in the character has less trouble with it and is the better biotic, not that the story is better that way.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Speaking of jack, am I the only one who was bothered by her jailbreak scene? Like, don't biotics kinda need an amp to use their powers properly? Wouldn't they remove that before putting her in cold storage?
Also why can't she take down 3 heavy mechs in one hit when she's in my party.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Mymla posted:

Everyone's stronger during cut-scenes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mymla posted:

Just another reason ME2 isn't as good as ME1.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Mymla posted:

Speaking of jack, am I the only one who was bothered by her jailbreak scene? Like, don't biotics kinda need an amp to use their powers properly? Wouldn't they remove that before putting her in cold storage?

I thought the amp was an implant that you needed surgery to remove. That's why the L2s have the horrible headaches and Kaiden hasn't upgraded because it's too risky.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

As with most things, the answer you're looking for is video games.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lycus posted:

Everyone's stronger during cut-scenes.

Except Shepard, who never uses her powers and who puts away her rifle so she can have tense standoffs with a mysterious pistol I never equipped.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Halloween Jack posted:

Except Shepard, who never uses her powers and who puts away her rifle so she can have tense standoffs with a mysterious pistol I never equipped.

It goes the other way too, getting out a rifle when your character can't even carry a rifle. What gets me is sometimes it's a different pistol than the one you have equipped, and the equipped one is still there on your hip!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It makes sense. You don't want to register all your weapons with the council, what if they decide to enact gun control and take them?!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

My Q-Face posted:

It goes the other way too, getting out a rifle when your character can't even carry a rifle. What gets me is sometimes it's a different pistol than the one you have equipped, and the equipped one is still there on your hip!

I liked in the dlc they were better about using the weapons you actually had equipped instead of defaulting to the avenger or something... which resulted in Shep and squaddies trying to snipe with the Reegar.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It makes sense. You don't want to register all your weapons with the council, what if they decide to enact gun control and take them?!

I will put up a Barrier to keep out the vorcha!

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
BioWare's new IP was "revealed" at GDC, but nobody noticed

:lol:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - When you get the suicide mission, do absolute everything else there is in the game before starting it. (except Overlord, Shadow and Arrival.)
2 - The members of your team will tell you the correct choices as you go.
3 - It's really that simple.

For 1 you mean the derelict reaper mission, not suicide mission, aww gently caress I'm one of those people now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

monster on a stick posted:

For 1 you mean the derelict reaper mission, not suicide mission, aww gently caress I'm one of those people now

Yeah...the IFF mission. I meant "make sure you've done everything else in the game"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i guess the cat's out of the bag now but don't spoil the IFF mission

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Bugs me that Shepard didnt think to use lift to stop someone falling to their death in ME3

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah...the IFF mission. I meant "make sure you've done everything else in the game"

Do everything in order of importance and accept the consequences you babies.

Priority missions come first.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

sassassin posted:

Do everything in order of importance and accept the consequences you babies.

Priority missions come first.

Priority missions come last. This has been the case in every RPG since the dawn of time.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Mymla posted:

wookieepelt posted:

I thought the amp was an implant that you needed surgery to remove. That's why the L2s have the horrible headaches and Kaiden hasn't upgraded because it's too risky.

exquisite tea posted:

As with most things, the answer you're looking for is video games.
The implant has a port that amps plug into. (Just as a thought exercise, maybe Jack disarmed an engineer and stole their amp.) Since the implant's job is to connect to a bunch of eezo nodule's scattered through a biotic's nervous system, I can see how removing and replacing it would be dicey.

If you wanna ponder *~verisimilitude~*, I wonder how Incendiary Ammo is a skill you can improve.

Anyway, I've been looking around at different guides, and finding a lot less clear consensus and no comprehensive guides on what weapons are the best. So, uh, what weapons are the best? I just got the Disciple from the asari colony mission and I'm kinda back-and-forth between that and the Eviscerator. The Graal is just too loving heavy and I don't really like playing around with charged shot mechanics.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Tirranek posted:

Bugs me that Shepard didnt think to use lift to stop someone falling to their death in ME3

Her shields were up!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Alain Post posted:

i guess the cat's out of the bag now but don't spoil the IFF mission

spoiler: the IFF mission was a good mission from Mass Effect 2, the best Mass Effect game

edit: except for that part where you're definitely outside, meaning in space, and folks like Jack are just wearing breathing masks and the like. the best upgrade from ME2 to ME3 was how you could give every squadmate something approximating full armor.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Mymla posted:

Priority missions come last. This has been the case in every RPG since the dawn of time.

This isn't strictly true. In both ME2 and 3, there is the odd mission that, if you leave it, will have consequences.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Halloween Jack posted:

The implant has a port that amps plug into. (Just as a thought exercise, maybe Jack disarmed an engineer and stole their amp.) Since the implant's job is to connect to a bunch of eezo nodule's scattered through a biotic's nervous system, I can see how removing and replacing it would be dicey.

If you wanna ponder *~verisimilitude~*, I wonder how Incendiary Ammo is a skill you can improve.

Anyway, I've been looking around at different guides, and finding a lot less clear consensus and no comprehensive guides on what weapons are the best. So, uh, what weapons are the best? I just got the Disciple from the asari colony mission and I'm kinda back-and-forth between that and the Eviscerator. The Graal is just too loving heavy and I don't really like playing around with charged shot mechanics.

Same as any tech power: upgrade the mods. Now Adrenaline Rush, that's another story.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

The Wraith from the Spectre store is pretty good, it's an Eviscerator that actually does damage. ME3 single player is pretty forgiving though, just use what feels and looks best and use armour-piercing mods.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm not exactly the world's best FPSer, so I'm wary of those cannons-disguised-as-shotguns with a 2-shot magazine.

I picked up ME3 combat much quicker than 2. Maybe it's just because they're more similar and I already knew how to play a Vanguard coming in, but I like it better. My one major complaint is that there's too much fog-of-war poo poo all over the screen. Most of the time when I charge, I can't take advantage of the "dilation" effect because all I can see is fire and biotic Sith Lightning everywhere.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 22, 2016

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
What do you mean "see"? Just hit Nova until Charge is ready again. Then, frantically, spin the camera trying to find a target while hitting the charge button a million times per second. Rinse and repeat.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I know the Wraith is one of the best shotguns on multiplayer. It has good damage, range, accuracy and weight.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Halloween Jack posted:

I like the Disciple because it's styrofoam-light and has stagger in addition to a decent number of shots. But if you're playing SP as a vanguard you shouldn't be using your gun anyway :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Vanguard is simple as ABC.

Always Be Charging.

Unless you have to Nova that's cool too.

• Locked thread