Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

MisterAlex posted:

Someone shared this Twitter post on Facebook... I thought y'all might appreciate it.

Not HD enough imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
gizmondo was an actual for real organized crime money laundering scheme so dont feel too bad for it pls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

gizmondo was an actual for real organized crime money laundering scheme so dont feel too bad for it pls

cool

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

SpacePig posted:

Watching a system with a dumb name that's trying to do more than it needs to and ultimately fail is sort of a fun thing for me.

Which is why I own a Vita and post in the thread.
Honest curiosity, what's dumb about the name Vita? Maybe it's because i'm german, but it sounds really nice to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Considering it's on mine, sounds legit. Nothing wrong with the word though vOv

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

There was a honest to good actual journalism written about that subject, very good piece, I think I will try to find it again. The mental image of twenty-something parked Ferraris under someone's mansion like it was no thing is hilarious.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

£30 has been the standard price for a handheld game for decades, though.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

nina is going to cap strength in every single class I have available to her

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Nothing wrong with it, and not anywhere near as bad as names like Gizmondo or Game.com. I'll take something like Vita over either of those in a heartbeat. It's just also not a very interesting name.

Saoshyant posted:

There was a honest to good actual journalism written about that subject, very good piece, I think I will try to find it again. The mental image of twenty-something parked Ferraris under someone's mansion like it was no thing is hilarious.

Please, do. I'd like to read this.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Schrodingers cat posted:

Considering it's on mine, sounds legit. Nothing wrong with the word though vOv

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

well who's to say my rear end is cherry

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I come from the alternate worldline where they stuck with Next Generation Portable and Sony won the handheld war

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Please, do. I'd like to read this.

It appears to be this one, though I remember it having pictures, including the one of the $1.2 million exotic car destroyed by the Gizmondo CEO drunk driving while posing as an anti-terrorist officer. I can't make this poo poo up.

This guy, for the record:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Help Im Alive posted:

I come from the alternate worldline where they stuck with Next Generation Portable and Sony won the handheld war

Did they also not have a more expensive 3G model as their primary model, and a prohibitively expensive proprietary memory card? Because I think that was a bigger problem than the name.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

whoever designed conquest 22 is getting a VERY strongly worded letter in the mail

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Delusibeta posted:

£30 has been the standard price for a handheld game for decades, though.
It is? I really should pay attention to prices in other countries.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

should I just send everyone up the left side

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ruggington posted:

whoever designed conquest 22 is getting a VERY strongly worded letter in the mail

Wrong thread

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I don't even care anymore tbh

give me some tips

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remember the weapon triangle and use choke points to your advantage.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
rip ngage. pour one out

http://www.sidetalkin.com/

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

In Training posted:

Remember the weapon triangle and use choke points to your advantage.

thank you sensei

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Ruggington posted:

I don't even care anymore tbh

give me some tips
I would if I wasn't stuck in chapter 21. Who thought that Faceless with Savage Blow was a good idea?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Did they also not have a more expensive 3G model as their primary model, and a prohibitively expensive proprietary memory card? Because I think that was a bigger problem than the name.

4 shoulder buttons/no rear touchpad or cameras/SD cards for memory/wi-fi only/strictly enforced 'nothing more anime than danganronpa/miku/persona' rule/Monster Hunter 4 vita exclusive/no whatever Near was

It was truly the next generation portable

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

strictly enforced 'nothing more anime than danganronpa/miku/persona' rule

so everything was still allowed, good

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Txn posted:

It is? I really should pay attention to prices in other countries.

If anything, this current handheld generation had prices usually start out at £35. It's good to see that it's gone down as we enter the tail end of this handheld generation, though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

its hard to be more like an anime than persona 4, you're in denial if you think otherwise

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

its hard to be more like an anime than persona 4, you're in denial if you think otherwise

Where on the scale do things like Criminal Girls and SK fall?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

SpacePig posted:

Where on the scale do things like Criminal Girls and SK fall?

Things you play if you want to get on a watchlist.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

criminal girls and SK aren't really remotely comparable

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
for one thing, there are people who like senran kagura

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

4 shoulder buttons/no rear touchpad or cameras/SD cards for memory/wi-fi only/strictly enforced 'nothing more anime than danganronpa/miku/persona' rule/Monster Hunter 4 vita exclusive/no whatever Near was

It was truly the next generation portable

Yeah, the New 3DS is pretty drat cool.

The Colonel posted:

for one thing, there are people who like senran kagura

Yeah, all three of them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's at least four

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Although 'like' is putting it strongly....

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, all three of them.

there's also rankizama, but he's excluded

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, all three of them.

Doesn't DT add like 10 people just for how much he loves them (or at least Dai).

That said, I first found out about SK because of street passing on my 3DS, some weirdo who went into a McDonald's kept popping up on my list with that as his last played game.

Course now I'm the weirdo that has it, so, yeah...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anytime I find someone who has 3DS SK games, I ask them for money to support a drug habit, because they clearly don't mind throwing it away on bad decisions.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The DOAX3 pole dance scene is a direct copy->paste from the Xbox 360 version. The game's intro video is also just cut up clips from DOAX2/Paradise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dehry posted:

The DOAX3 pole dance scene is a direct copy->paste from the Xbox 360 version. The game's intro video is also just cut up clips from DOAX2/Paradise

Thanks