Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dehry posted:

The DOAX3 pole dance scene is a direct copy->paste from the Xbox 360 version. The game's intro video is also just cut up clips from DOAX2/Paradise

drat looks like you just saved me some money friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

drat looks like you just saved me some money friend

I answer only the most pressing question about Anime Boobs, although DOA is getting more close to Uncanny Valley.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i bought EDF2 for the sale price, i am excited to get my ant fix.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

I answer only the most pressing question about Anime Boobs, although DOA is getting more close to Uncanny Valley.

And that's a shame. Why would you want a 3d waifu instead of 2d, after all?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Dude Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X is loving OUT. Import the Mikus. Accept her deep into your being.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

personally im still shocked that miku would lower herself by associating with doax

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i bought EDF2 for the sale price, i am excited to get my ant fix.

I went to buy it and forgot I needed to re-up ps plus so it basically cost me 65 dollars

pretty hosed up

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ruggington posted:

I went to buy it and forgot I needed to re-up ps plus so it basically cost me 65 dollars

pretty hosed up

well now you can download flame over and reality fighters!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I miss when PS+ was good

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My Vita came in early!

The immediate thing is...holy poo poo this screen is gorgeous. It's...WAY better than the 3DS...like holy poo poo, it's going to be really hard to go back to that after experiencing this. Games look incredibly sharp and even font looks great. Gonna play the gently caress out of Persona 4.

Any other games I should get?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kirios posted:

Trails of Cold Steel, Killzone, Steins;Gate, Demon Gaze, Ys Celceta, and every Miku game (Project Diva). That's what I'd call... a good start.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why did this thing fail? The hardware is significantly better than the 3DS! It's...laughable by comparison.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

$100 proprietary memory card

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

voltcatfish posted:

$100 proprietary memory card

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Trying to be a ~*dIgItAl LiFeStYlE pLaTfOrM*~ with 3G, two cameras, and a bunch of other non game related stuff didn't do it any favors either.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what's sci fi hitler in your av from? kinda reminds me of superjail

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kirios posted:

Why did this thing fail? The hardware is significantly better than the 3DS! It's...laughable by comparison.

you'll find out in a month when you've played the entire library of games made for the hardware

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

The hardware can be as great as it is but at the end of the day Vita has had like 3 good exclusive games released in its lifespan to date, and memory is 60 dollars.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

Dude Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X is loving OUT. Import the Mikus. Accept her deep into your being.

is this announcer for NA

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kirios posted:

No Monster Hunter

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kirios posted:

My Vita came in early!

The immediate thing is...holy poo poo this screen is gorgeous. It's...WAY better than the 3DS...like holy poo poo, it's going to be really hard to go back to that after experiencing this. Games look incredibly sharp and even font looks great. Gonna play the gently caress out of Persona 4.

atelier ayesha and atelier escha&logy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also xcom plus if you want to play xcom on the go, which you do because that is a cool thing to do

e: i just bought edf2 how do i coop with people

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dancing all night

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

The 3DS was out a year earlier and $90 cheaper than the cheapest Vita model (pre-memory card) at launch. Everyone was saying Sony should do a price drop like the 3DS and waited. Then they did a special Black Friday bundle with Amazon which sent signals a game, memory card, and system bundle was coming for under $200, killing any potential sales. By the point they dropped prices Nintendo had announced a Pokemon game, PS4 was announced, and Vita was on clearance at most mainstream stores. AT&T dumped their 3G stock on any random Ebay seller that would take it. Mainstream developers moved to PS4 and the teams created to make Vita games were disbanded.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Aw gently caress -- finally noticed that Playstation Mobile got ripped out of the Vita store. Apparently last summer already hah.

I ran out of puzzles on the Picbox picross clone and was trying to get the next pack. Oh well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The only PS Mobile game I really miss is Super Crate Boy but not enough to actively try to back it up before the system went down unfortunately.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

has anyone tried the xcom vita port, which apparently exists and is out now? is the framerate ok? $20 is a pretty good price for it if the port isn't trash

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

has anyone tried the xcom vita port, which apparently exists and is out now? is the framerate ok? $20 is a pretty good price for it if the port isn't trash

What people have said is that it is playable but the worst version of the game in terms of speed/visuals/quality.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

corn in the bible posted:

e: i just bought edf2 how do i coop with people

Super No Vacancy posted:

dancing all night

What a weird matchmaking system.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Congrats on playing a good game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Light Gun Man posted:

Congrats on playing a good game

i play good games all the time

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, look at all the bugs Vita games come with.

I bought EDF2 yesterday, I hope it's as good as you guys keep saying it is.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
The bloom filter and higher resolution textures are nice, the air raider plays differently, having pale wing available from the start is nice, and the higher map complexity is appreciated. The only complaints so far are that ui-wise it takes a few steps back (particularly in the weapons lists), and that pale wing's flight behavior is considerably less elegant.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

That's the announcer guy in Yugioh Arc-V.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

teethgrinder posted:

Aw gently caress -- finally noticed that Playstation Mobile got ripped out of the Vita store. Apparently last summer already hah.

I ran out of puzzles on the Picbox picross clone and was trying to get the next pack. Oh well.

The 3DS is the ultimate Picross machine

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

Kirios posted:

I got mine before a smartphone and it felt like a dream

you should get a bunch of roguelites, falcom games and ps1 classics but vita also has a deep catalogue of off brand monster hunter games if you like that genre.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MPLS to NOLA posted:

I got mine before a smartphone and it felt like a dream

you should get a bunch of roguelites, falcom games and ps1 classics but vita also has a deep catalogue of off brand monster hunter games if you like that genre.

And it still technically has access to Freedom Unite, if you still want to play that one for some reason!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Davincie posted:

It's Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V. Dexie bought me the avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
For a couple months, I frequently played the first DOA volleyball game with a buddy of mine since he had it on his Xbox. We basically turned it into a satire-competitive kind of thing where we'd act like it was a serious tournament platform—like how a lot of folks play Madden, CoD, and StarCraft. It was a lot of fun and really funny, especially when one of us would taunt the other after a win. "Man, you suck at volleyball, fool! You can't touch this extreme sports skill!"

If that new one weren't so expensive to import, I'd definitely consider picking it up and inviting him over for a rematch.