Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

I'd only rate my driver a 1 if they hit on me or tried to convert me to Christianity which was way more often than it should have been

I had a cab driver try to convert me to islam once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

pastorrich posted:

I've never used uber. bah!

you should try to get really mad about it for vague reasons that dont affect you, it seems to be the thing to do. i want to try it but ive ridden uber plenty of times so i feel like it wouldnt be the same

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

olin posted:

.They pay the drivers in Detroit 30 cents a mile. They are using Detroit as a petri dish to see how low they can put their rates and still get people to drive for them.

I can see people from a tech start-up being this dumb

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

Keep on truckin' like a novacane hurricane
I know the deal when it comes to ridin' sensei, however

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
op if someone rates you 1 on uber try and find them on that stupid Peeple app or whatever it's called and vote them 1 in retaliation :twisted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm booking an uber driver right now and I'm rating him a 1 without even getting in the car.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Applewhite posted:

I had a cab driver try to convert me to islam once.

at least that would have been interesting

I always knew when it was going to happen because I'd get in the car and they'd have the Christian radio station on and I'd be like :sigh:

had one guy hit on me AND try and convert me after I told him I was a lesbian that was a fun time

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

voted thread one please fire OP from posting

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

Troposphere posted:

I always knew when it was going to happen because I'd get in the car and they'd have the Christian radio station on and I'd be like :sigh:

had one guy hit on me AND try and convert me after I told him I was a lesbian that was a fun time

did he ask for your juju? or just a regular

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Troposphere posted:

this reminds me I had one uber driver tell me he was an artist and sold his painting through a website, but it turned out to be an armageddon doomsday christian website. he also had the url on his hat

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

I give all my uber drivers a 3. they all do an average job.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

Maybe he thought that if he converted you the power of Christ would turn you straight and then you would date him.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Wizzle-Wazzle posted:

I give all my uber drivers a 3. they all do an average job.

same

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I stand in the food court of the mall making GBS threads steadily into my diaper while yelling at passersby "What are you mad about? This is a natural smell! It is normal to foul yourself regularly!"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Troposphere posted:

would it have been better if it was Air America and he said he identified as a woman :can:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Troposphere posted:

About 90% of the girls I wanna dink are lesbians so there

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Get your wife/sister to ride along and give them handjobs with a free McDonalds drive in happy meal.

How do you think the guys in the 8-9/10 guys get those scores?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

hmm i didnt think to compare uber drivers to making GBS threads in a diaper, this is a good point that i didnt consider previously.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sheep Goats goes to the bar, a pamphlet, subtitled "I hope she's a switch hitter at least"

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

would it have been better if it was Air America and he said he identified as a woman :can:

I wouldn't date any uber driver that hit on me because it's mega creepy to hit on people you don't know who are in your car and can't escape you

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

hmm i didnt think to compare uber drivers to making GBS threads in a diaper, this is a good point that i didnt consider previously.

The metaphor is apt.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Sheep-Goats posted:

They aren't actually lesbians, they just want you to quit trying to put the moves on them you goon.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I hate rating systems where only the very top rating is "my expectations were met". On a 1 to 5 scale 5 should not be what I have to put in for a run-of-the-mill experience, but having worked a few different customer service type jobs I know if I rate someone anything below the max that is essentially punitive.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Sheep-Goats posted:

cool, same

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

I wouldn't date any uber driver that hit on me because it's mega creepy to hit on people you don't know who are in your car and can't escape you

Did he at least lock the doors immediately after asking you?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Man Whore posted:

They aren't actually lesbians, they just want you to quit trying to put the moves on them you goon.

I've learned telling men you're a lesbian doesn't work at all because that just encourages them to change your mind so I just say I'm married now and that usually stops it

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Das interessiert mich Uberhaupt nicht OP

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Troposphere posted:

I've learned telling men you're a lesbian doesn't work at all because that just encourages them to change your mind so I just say I'm married now and that usually stops it

She's a lesbian...I bet she's curious what it's like to get hosed by a man though...

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Troposphere posted:

Nice, what else did you try telling them you are? HEre are some ideas to get started: a boat, a dog, a house.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I had a dream once where I was anally violated and it was not a fun time so I can confidently say that personally I am not gay. Just thought you should all know

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Man Whore posted:

I had a dream once where I was anally violated and it was not a fun time so I can confidently say that personally I am not gay. Just thought you should all know

was the violator in your dream an uber driver

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Man Whore posted:

No that's 95% of girls

Of the 5% that are left a further 90% are actual lesbians

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

I don't know any lesbians but if I did i'd buy them the PS4 game infamous and go from there

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Let's team up, it's a good deal for you, 90 for ten, ok?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

was the violator in your dream an uber driver

wouldn't be surprised. They bust unions so honestly there is no limits toward their depravity.

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
Don't worry goons, he'll be ok. I hear if you're deactivated then you can pay uber to take an uber sponsored class that will grant you the right to get hosed... I mean drive again.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I never rate anything the top grade. Out of 5 stars 4 is the best anyone will ever get from me, because 5 suggests perfection.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

NihilismNow posted:

I never rate anything the top grade. Out of 5 stars 4 is the best anyone will ever get from me, because 5 suggests perfection.

thanks, dwight

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

thanks, dwight

HAha 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
They do the same bullshit on ebay.

whats the use having a 5 star system if you are only incentivising at perfection.

Much like driver last night, on the ride home I will rate this thread a 4 for just barely fondling the balls.

• Locked thread