Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I've been driving with Uber since July. Did about 500 trips until last month. My rating over those trips was 4.83 out of 5.

I recently moved to a spring break destination. In the past two and a half weeks I've done 204 uber rides of almost all college kids on spring break. It was basically as busy as New Years Eve every night. Because of the huge demand from all the spring breakers Uber was surging a lot of the time. Surge=low rating. These rear end in a top hat students always want to cram 5 or 6 people into my car. When I don't let them they rate me 1 star. My rating has gone from 4.83 to 4.71 in the past few weeks. If a drivers rating falls below 4.7 they are deactivated by Uber.

I enjoyed driving for Uber for the most part but these entitled asshat college kids have destroyed my rating. Probably getting deactivated very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

so you work from home

op?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
sorry about your dumb fake job

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
That sucks dude

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

You can't really get fired. You aren't really working for Uber. Sorry about your 'career.'

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

Keep on truckin' like a novacane hurricane
hi-hat in the back

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Uber more like unter.

Just use legit shuttle services or taxis.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

oh cool an excuse for goons to act like smug superior assholes to someone down on their luck so they feel less bad about their sad, empty little lives

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I hear Lyft is hiring

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Hey I am helping a bunch of soulless and corrupt millennial computer jockeys choke out a unionized and regulated industry and now they are being unfair to me because I am literal trash to them what should I do

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

BossRighteous posted:

You can't really get fired. You aren't really working for Uber. Sorry about your 'career.'

yeah it's not an employer-employee relationship, you're an independent contractor. so enjoy your independence!

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

or maybe you just suck? OR maybe you don't suck enough? Try suckin some (more) dudes off.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe you should get a actual job

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I wish rating this thread 1 would make you stop posting

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey I am helping a bunch of soulless and corrupt millennial computer jockeys choke out a unionized and regulated industry and now they are being unfair to me because I am literal trash to them what should I do

Yea Blockbuster should have been able to get Netflix banned cause they were here first.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if only there was some way to know that uber's whole business model depends on loving their employees contractors before you got into this mess

their stated goal is to replace you with a driverless car anyway. your job was always temporary

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 24, 2016

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

have you tried asking the free market for help, op

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Start a grindr/uber style business. something like you already do on weekends, pick up strange dudes and have sex with them, but get money out of it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I don't even own an Uber :smug:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

olin posted:

Yea Blockbuster should have been able to get Netflix banned cause they were here first.

Guess what would help you out from getting de-listed?

Having a union and being a contracted employee

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

my opinion on uber is this: You should do what you want when you want and if it matters then do it for a few bucks a week. you know? it's not exactly hard

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

eat poo poo scab

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You should start your own cab company, OP and run Uber out of business.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
where do you live, OP? leverage goons to take them up and down the street or to the nearest convenience store and have them vote 5 golden manbabies :razz:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Can't you give short rides to your friends to jack your rating up

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

olin posted:

Uber is not a job, its willingly letting yourself get robbed by some tech guys who made an app and let you literally do all the work.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Yes but sometimes I want Uber drivers deactivated.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry that no one seems to care about your lovely life OP. I hope you don't kill yourself.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Three Olives posted:

Yes but sometimes I want Uber drivers deactivated.

Then they will become homeless and hang around your building.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bob Saget IRL posted:

Start a grindr/uber style business. something like you already do on weekends, pick up strange dudes and have sex with them, but get money out of it.
gruber

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

I don't really understand the subpar level of service I get from their HQ it's like I own a cab the movement made sense at the time

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

couldn't have imagined that undercutting taxi drivers by signing away all your rights and protections woulda backfired against you, OP

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Deactivated sounds like a dystopian scifi clean word for assassination.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i gave an uber driver a 3 once because he had the audacity to roll down the windows after i farted

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
I'm glad we have avant garde companies like Uber that frame ugly concepts like getting fired into simply being deactivated.

See, instead of the comparison being engulfed in flames you're simply an obsolete tool getting shut down and unplugged. ;)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Get it through your brain:

The customer is always right. Not in my field of work, of course, but clearly in yours

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dely Apple posted:

Deactivated sounds like a dystopian scifi clean word for assassination.

it is

I'm an Uber deactivator AMA

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What average rating did the Uber driver that went on the killing spree have

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Buy a car that can fit six people, OP. That or give up your seat and try and find a ride to wherever they're taking your car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do the thing from the movie "Soul Plane" but with an unlicensed taxi.

• Locked thread