Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

tithin posted:

Why are you surprised by this? this info's been out for a while

News to me, though I haven't really been following along too closely. Just exciting that my favorite Zelda game is getting representation in any form.

Any details on what characters they'll be pulling from it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

liquidypoo posted:

Stupid digital preorder. "The scheduled release date for the purchased item has passed. Launch this software while connected to the Internet to check distribution information."

Doing what it tells me to do nets me a "Please wait until distribution has begun."

:confused:

Fates did that to me and it was painful. It should unlock at midnight Eastern. The thing is just lying to you. :(

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cicadas! posted:

News to me, though I haven't really been following along too closely. Just exciting that my favorite Zelda game is getting representation in any form.

No info yet, but I still get excited every time I read that there's Link's Awakening DLC coming :swoon: This game is already an overload of fanservice and it seems they're determined to go all the way.
Just knowing this game exists makes me giddy, but I can play it... on my 3DS... anywhere. My child self would have been mindblown.

By the way, does anyone know if the DLC costumes are part of Legends? I absolutely love Link's Classic outfit because, well, nostalgia.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I'd honestly be absolutely shocked if there isn't a lobster-pajamas costume for toon link. SHOCKED.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Your Computer posted:

By the way, does anyone know if the DLC costumes are part of Legends? I absolutely love Link's Classic outfit because, well, nostalgia.

Apparently they're all on the various adventure maps.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Apparently they're all on the various adventure maps.

Sweet. They're really piling on incentives to do everything, with fairies and food in pots, clothes and weapons in chests, characters and costumes. I feel like I'll be playing this for a looong time.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cicadas! posted:

Nobody has any idea but there's only a handful of Link's Awakening characters. I'd say odds are good it's Richard, he's the only one that really makes sense, and he's from some other game where he transforms into a frog which seems like a good gimmick. Of course, "making sense" doesn't seem to matter much (I mean we got Agitha rather than Ashei or Rusl or someone) so who knows, other candidates I guess could be Tarin, Marin, Mamu, Manbo, or maybe the bear chef.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
C'mooooooooon Bow-Wow :pray:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alacron posted:

Already in!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Alacron posted:

He is already a weapon. :geno:

EDIT: oh I see

Mummy Brigade
Sep 12, 2004

Jeez. You're kind of a bitch.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Nobody has any idea but there's only a handful of Link's Awakening characters. I'd say odds are good it's Richard, he's the only one that really makes sense, and he's from some other game where he transforms into a frog which seems like a good gimmick. Of course, "making sense" doesn't seem to matter much (I mean we got Agitha rather than Ashei or Rusl or someone) so who knows, other candidates I guess could be Tarin, Marin, Mamu, Manbo, or maybe the bear chef.

Tarin is who I'm guessing it'll be. They'll give him abilities based around turning into a raccoon like he does in the game and it'll be the closest thing to raccoon Mario in this game and it'll be fantastic.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
How do you unlock Cia, Volga and Wizzro? When I played on the Wii U version at my friend's house they unlocked for him automatically. Are they unlockables in this game?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I hope it's Game Boy Link who is inexplicably monochrome spinach in colour.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope its Groose

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BattleMaster posted:

I hope it's Game Boy Link who is inexplicably monochrome spinach in colour.

We already got this guy so I'm happy :3:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Of course, "making sense" doesn't seem to matter much (I mean we got Agitha rather than Ashei or Rusl or someone)

Agitha is the best, so it makes sense :colbert: (actually Medli is the best but we're getting her too) I think they're wonderful at picking characters, like who would ever think that you're going to play a Zelda beat 'em up as King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule transforming into a boat and slapping enemies with a sail in 2016.

It's amazing how this game is piling on the fanservice but somehow manages to keep the spirit of the characters and just do everything right. It doesn't feel like a hollow fan-game (like so many on the internet), it really feels like you're playing those characters and all the little touches both to the world itself (with the pots and items and everything) and the characters makes it constantly trigger every nostalgia-button in my body.

mabels big day posted:

I hope its Groose

There's so going to be a "The Groose is loose" reveal trailer.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maybe it's the wind fish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdN0iZC3puk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
By the way, if anybody is still adding NNIDs for this game, it'd be cool if you could add my fiancee & I at "nyanya44" :)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

So I saw the mention of the WiiU getting a second season pass for whatever DLC characters are coming later or something, but when is the WiiU gonna get to buy the Legends characters we already know about and Tridentdorf? This might've already been covered but I got confused by it all I guess.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I dunno I can't figure it out either. someone sell me a code or wahtever

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

So I saw the mention of the WiiU getting a second season pass for whatever DLC characters are coming later or something, but when is the WiiU gonna get to buy the Legends characters we already know about and Tridentdorf? This might've already been covered but I got confused by it all I guess.

My reciept with the code says it'll become available on 3/24.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bruceski posted:

My reciept with the code says it'll become available on 3/24.

That's likely to be "it'll be available for Legends owners to download on 3/24".

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
The Wii U game will be able to buy the Legends characters and the Trident as standalone DLC in "Summer 2016" which is also when the Link's Awakening DLC is supposed to come.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Man, I love the ability to switch between heroes. Since my biggest problem with this game is getting stressed out ("Keep needs your help! Hero needs you help! Saboteurs incoming! Kill the Giant Boss!" how am I supposed to prioritize :gonk:), being able to essentially jump around the map as threats pop up makes everything so much smoother. It also means more variety since you're not stuck fighting as the same person all the time, which is fun. You can even strategically use the different heroes for their different movesets where one handles mook-killing, another handles officers and maybe a third handles the Giant Bosses, I love it! I struggled with the first Manhandla map (Valley of Seers) on the Wii U but it was an absolute blast on the 3DS and I utilized all four heroes as much as I could.

Only thing I dislike so far (well, apart from the old 3DS frame rate) is that the badge shop and adventure map are so zoomed in. Having to scroll and scroll with no option to get an overview is pretty awful, and it makes it a lot harder to see whether someone has new badges available. There's the percentage view but.... that doesn't really help with anything at all.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I played up till Linkle's first level. Playing on a New 3DS has the game running at a good clip, even if you can have a field day counting the shortcuts they have to make.

Game is still really fun. Character switching/commanding is a big game changer, and owl statues are real nice to have.

Really is a shame though that a hardware iteration upgrade is more or less required for it to run decently, and the fact that it plays better on a New 3DS really should have communicated more.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

Dizz posted:

Motherfucker.

On a side note, I'm curious if Legends will also have the Rupee glitch.

It doesn't. :(

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I'd honestly be absolutely shocked if there isn't a lobster-pajamas costume for toon link. SHOCKED.

You're going to be very happy :dance:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm surprised switching between characters/issuing commands wasn't in the WiiU one. I hope that and not having to mount up to move fast get backported into the main Musou series because they're such obvious improvements.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Some screens from the first DLC pack from the Japanese website:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

what's even going on here

it looks like someone hit "randomize colors" and someone else said "yeah, they'll pay for that"

stop hurting lana :(

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's based on Aryll.

(by the way, it's loving awesome that Aryll is Toon Link's "fairy" and talks for him)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Where the hell do I get the Season Pass from

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Where the hell do I get the Season Pass from

Beat the second mission in Legends mode to unlock the Extras option on the main menu, then get it from there.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Beat the second mission in Legends mode to unlock the Extras option on the main menu, then get it from there.

That's weird. Thank you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

That's weird. Thank you.

You're welcome. I have no idea why it's not straight up purchasable in the eShop (or why the Extras option isn't available from the start), but oh, well.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Nico toon link is awesome

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Cruel Rose posted:

It doesn't. :(

And people like this garbage!?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yo I have the Extras menu and all it is showing me is "Receive Presents" and "Download Again", what the hell, here.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The download DLC menu came with the 1.2 patch. Perhaps you need to update the game?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

The download DLC menu came with the 1.2 patch. Perhaps you need to update the game?

Yeah, this. Don't forget to download the patch!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Oh god dammit. Thanks dudes.

You'd think I wouldn't have this problem owning the digital version but here we are.

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
linkle's second mission is some bullshit, darunia storms the enemy base to get wrecked by volga and a couple dozen lizalfos, and if he dies it's game over. you gotta storm it as quick as you can and there's practically no chance to explore and get all the keeps and keep him alive at the same time, because even if you leave just volga alone with him he goes down like a sack of potatoes, and of course defeating volga completes the mission

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 25, 2016

• Locked thread