Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The altar is right before the boss fog gate of the area before the area where the final lord of cinder is, after you go up the elevator turn to the left of the building and go up the ladder, at that point the path is pretty straight forward, keep going until you reach the altar, it's right there at the end

EDIT: Since that was very vague, it's right before Dragonslayer Armor, aka Ornstein 3.0. To the left of the elevator as you get off of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Does anybody know exactly where the large club is picked up? I started a second character and want to grab it, but I don't remember where my first guy got it.

Will also happily take locations of any other great hammer class weapons, if you know them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's off to the side where you fight the first fire demon.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

:siren:ENDING SPOILERS!:siren:

This streamer got 3 different endings and the last one did not appear have a trophy (starts at 06:09:10): https://www.twitch.tv/lovelylion/v/56470243

...but it did give major Demon's Souls nostalgia :unsmigghh:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I was just invaded by a red phantom by myself, with no phantoms or dried finger effect active, in what I'm sure isn't a free PVP zone. Take that as you will...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

I was just invaded by a red phantom by myself, with no phantoms or dried finger effect active, in what I'm sure isn't a free PVP zone. Take that as you will...

That PVP rumor was deconfirmed a while ago, you can get invaded without accompanying phantoms as long as you're embered

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

That PVP rumor was deconfirmed a while ago, you can get invaded without accompanying phantoms as long as you're embered

I think since everyone is playing at the same time in the same areas, there's a bit of confirmation bias going on since everyone you'll invade will have phantoms. Good to know 1v1 is still possible.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Orv posted:

It's off to the side where you fight the first fire demon.
Appreciate it. That is, in fact, exactly where it was. Just trying to collect some of the high str stuff. Also just found the 'greatsword' ultra greatsword on top of a ruined bridge in the poison swamp. Good classic weapon. Also, the enemies in the swamp are ripping me up. I really need to upgrade a weapon some more.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Also Japanese players are notoriously stubborn about playing Souls games in co-op mode at all times if you're playing that version, lol.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Also Japanese players are notoriously stubborn about playing Souls games in co-op mode at all times if you're playing that version, lol.

More lambs to the slaughter :getin:

Speaking of invasions, I had a great one earlier where I invaded some guy and his two phantoms. One of them overextended so I managed to shield-break and riposte him, and the other phantom was made of toilet paper so he folded easily. Then it was just me and the host dueling it out, both of us near death... and I slip off a one-way cliff and had to black crystal out :geno:

But then, a few minutes later, guess who I invade again? The same guy already being flagged down by another invader while his phantoms get mulched by one of the giant ice lizards. His one surviving phantom was not happy to see us standing over his host's corpse :v:

It's really funny seeing the host's skills atrophy because he's been carried so long by phantoms. It's doubly amusing to see them start panicking every time you kill another phantom, which makes it that much easier cause they forget stuff like stamina management.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 26, 2016

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
In my experience the Dark Souls 3 "I'm getting invaded and scared about it" kit includes the helmet from the Lothric Knights, the Butcher's Knife, and two phantoms glued to his hip.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Scrree posted:

In my experience the Dark Souls 3 "I'm getting invaded and scared about it" kit includes the helmet from the Lothric Knights, the Butcher's Knife, and two phantoms glued to his hip.

The phantoms are always a cloth-garbed katana user who tries too hard, and some Drake Sword + Knight Shield-style idiot flailing around with the Deep Battle Axe or the Ice Sword, too.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Went working on a new TROGG and real successfully too, just want new rings, spare clubs then it's PvP time at lv15. Need a Titanite Chunk? Give the birds a black firebomb. Nice trade.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Went working on a new TROGG and real successfully too, just want new rings, spare clubs then it's PvP time at lv15. Need a Titanite Chunk? Give the birds a black firebomb. Nice trade.

I was really worried this game wouldn't cater to the PVP crowd very well, but seeing the Cracked Orb starting gift actually being 4 CREOs, and then having some NPC hand me another 5 while telling me how to get a full orb just completely reassured me. I've had more satisfying PVP in this game so far than the entirety of DS2, although that isn't saying much ;)

I've also mostly been winning even on 2v1s or 3v1s, for the people who were afraid of getting gangbanged by ganksquads. Being able to estus really makes a huge difference, and if you're the type of person who wants to invade, you'll be able to get it done no problem.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can you still get invaded in area with defeated bosses? That's how it worked in DS2, right?

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Jesus christ, people are already talking about the game's ending?

I knew I still had an Xbone for a reason. I'm about five hours into the English Xbox One version so far, and I'm really enjoying it. I hadn't considered the fact that playing the English version forces you offline until the western day-one patch is released. I was kinda bummed about that at first, but not really missing the millions of "tongue but whole" and "Take a step forward" messages.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'm a huge rear end in a top hat but in my defense, I fully intended to help until I realized I was low on HP :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_taoLGHkm8

Only spoilers are for VERY early game.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't believe you can see the Bloodborne blood spray textures in the game (like the white goop when you kill the leg cages, it'll follow the arcs if you weapon) and didn't make everything spill blood like crazy.

I like the hyper bloody viscerals.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Where do I go after beating the Deacons of the Deep guys. The bunch of priest guys with the red aura.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anyone know what the crow wants this time? I can't make out the dialogue.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Holy poo poo gently caress the catacombs.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
Does anyone know where the Great Swamp Pyromancy Tome is? I think I missed it somewhere .

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Gnumonic posted:

Does anyone know where the Great Swamp Pyromancy Tome is? I think I missed it somewhere .

It's in the swamp, appropriately enough. I think all 3 spell upgrade scrolls are in there?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The ambient noises in this game are freaking me out.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CuddlyZombie posted:

I'm a huge rear end in a top hat but in my defense, I fully intended to help until I realized I was low on HP :colbert:

Holy poo poo, this is absolutely beautiful. It's like a play.

Act 1: Suspicion
Act 2: Acceptance
Act 3: Brotherhood
Act 4: Betrayal

I can almost hear the host yell BROTHER, WHY when you turned on him.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I was weaker than I thought. On the other hand that first boss :stare:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

The Bunny posted:

Where do I go after beating the Deacons of the Deep guys. The bunch of priest guys with the red aura.

Did you do the other path out of the hell swamp through the huge blue stone door yet? Has three unlit torches in front of it. Try talking to the sad knight at the hub.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Alabaster White posted:

Anyone know what the crow wants this time? I can't make out the dialogue.

generally round things i think. firebombs for example

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I just figured out how to upgrade my estus flask and took it from 0 to +7, nice. Does anyone know what giving the firekeeper soul to the level up lady does? I had thought that was how they were upgraded.

lets hang out posted:

generally round things i think. firebombs for example

Uh they want bibble pee and and bum per rum, obviously :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
PS4 servers down for "server failure" in From's own words.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

I just figured out how to upgrade my estus flask and took it from 0 to +7, nice. Does anyone know what giving the firekeeper soul to the level up lady does? I had thought that was how they were upgraded.

Firekeeper soul unlocks ability to heal your darksign whenever you want for souls. No clear idea what it actually does.

Ophiotaurus
Aug 3, 2014
I let my friend play the game, and he made what I can only describe as a bird person: http://imgur.com/a/MIlkT

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Thats not how it is upgraded? poo poo. That is what I did with the firekeeper soul I had.

How are estus upgraded?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

Thats not how it is upgraded? poo poo. That is what I did with the firekeeper soul I had.

How are estus upgraded?

It's one of the options at the hub bonfire. It takes those items that look like a pile of white rags.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

4th(?) boss: High Lord Wolnir is THE coolest boss ever. Shame he's unbelievably piss easy.

CuddlyZombie posted:

e: How'd you get into Mound Makers?

e2: Hell, might as well ask right now: how do I go meet Rosaria ASAP?

e3: never mind, found the area that clearly leads into where I want to go

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 26, 2016

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I want to connect to the servers again!

Also, how do I get leeches off? I would like to stop bleeding.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Ah yes, an even stronger Martyr Logarius that spawns a ghost clone instead of a lame ghost sword in phase 2, this is what I wanted. This is what I wanted Miyazaki. Thank you, thank you for the definitive Souls... :shepicide:

Also is there a sorcery teacher besides the pilgrim then Yuria, the little king, and the old firekeeper hag before or in the ice castle place? I probably left them behind somewhere, would be nice to rock something more advanced than heavy soul arrow for range...

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

e: doublefart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Scriptkiddies lost their mind and went attacking the PS4 DS3 servers confirmed
e: You get "online" but it sticks on connecting to online game servers, loadings take forever, long pure black screens of nothing. I'll play offline instead.

turtlecrunch posted:

Ah yes, an even stronger Martyr Logarius that spawns a ghost clone instead of a lame ghost sword in phase 2, this is what I wanted. This is what I wanted Miyazaki. Thank you, thank you for the definitive Souls... :shepicide:

Also is there a sorcery teacher besides the pilgrim then Yuria, the little king, and the old firekeeper hag before or in the ice castle place? I probably left them behind somewhere, would be nice to rock something more advanced than heavy soul arrow for range...

1) I don't know about stronger, but it's definitely more fair of a fight

2) Explore the area just before the above mentioned boss, go high!

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 26, 2016

• Locked thread