Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barehanded Brother posted:

Her posting today has felt somewhat off, tonally, and this may exemplify it the most. It's a mixture of freedom and resignation

Well yeah, the game is essentially solved at this point. It's either you or Lumpen and barring some kind of CYOA madness we've got enough time to lynch both of you. That kinda takes the drive away cause I don't really need to work at it to find the last scum. It would be nice to get MT a win as well cause she's been one of our best scum hunters but it's not essential. It's weird to me that you don't feel the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Well yeah, the game is essentially solved at this point. It's either you or Lumpen and barring some kind of CYOA madness we've got enough time to lynch both of you. That kinda takes the drive away cause I don't really need to work at it to find the last scum. It would be nice to get MT a win as well cause she's been one of our best scum hunters but it's not essential. It's weird to me that you don't feel the same way.
A bad post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Murmur Twin posted:

This post isn't something town would write. The gist of Lumpen's post is

(a) He (as town) needs to die today because he can't prove he's town and so this would help. Presumably this is something town would not think if they were close to LYLO.
(b) I (as Survivor) am the best lynch candidate because I am a threat at LYLO. Presumably this is something that town would only think if they were close to LYLO.
(c) The actual scum though is one of Rarity or BHB (the only other eligible players left) but :shrug:

I mean, right? Am I being crazy here?

IF Lumpen has a PR he CANNOT reveal or break or else face being killed:

-it's too late now for him to do that
-I could see Lumpen committing to it 100% because that's how Lumpen works

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lumpen posted:

No good for Scum to bring this up. Looks good for BHB. If scum, real good head game. Looks more Town.

And on the flip side, I think THIS is a very scummy post:

Rarity posted:

Quid/KK/kordansk: I think you guys are going to have to work this one out between you. Me, BHB and Lumpen can throw cases around till we're blue in the face but the validity will always be in question. I'll be around to engage with you as much as I'm able.

Shutting down conversation of the cuddle candidates is not helpful for town, especially when combined with Rarity's "well we basically just have to 1 2 3 and we win, we got this in the bag." I don't think that's true, even from her perspective. Getting bad feels.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Same thing. 3p good fake claim for Scum at time.

Lumpen, MMT claimed Survivor during N1, so there's only two options I see here that would make her scum:

1. MMT made a bet as scum that there was no survivor, BK wasn't a survivor, and got EXTREMELY lucky.
2. MMT is a rolecop & Kashuno screwed up and gave her her results in the middle of N1, allowing her to construct a fake claim knowing that BK was not the survivor - but would still have had to get EXTREMELY lucky that there wasn't another survivor in our midst.

That combined with this D1 breadcrumb leads me to believe she is on the up and up:

Murmur Twin posted:

Is this a Survivor claim? :j:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Barehanded Brother posted:

But then this happens when Quid calls out Jake:

And then at imgay's overreaction:

Those are pretty early in the day for Scum Rarity to pile on to both of her buddies.

The Rarity Ranking would put 2 of her scumbuddies down at the bottom, and then her and another scumbuddy at the top. That does look bad except that's pretty much in line with my calls at the time. If she's scum, then either she's consciously mirroring my opinions or has a very good grasp of how a town mind would work.

I'll poast moar soon but don't want these to get too long and unreadable.

Remember, though, that Rarity is doing a reread at this point, she wasn't there live. It is very easy for her to fake a reread and get information from her scum buddies about what they are trying to do. They might have given up on Jake at that point.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

Yeah I agree with Lumpen, she's pushing this "just cuddle me last" narrative real hard.

As much as I think Lumpen is town he is right that he's distracting a lot of people and he sure as hell isn't gonna get NKed, so my list currently, begrudgingly, is:

-Lumpen
-Rarity
-MMT

I don't think BHB is scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would also like to hear from KK.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

.....is there any possibility that the scum got a temporary godfather night :tinfoil:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I know this sounds incredibly crazy but maybe what we should do is go through and figure out what each of our actions got us each night. One of them was a second scum kill, one of them was me becoming town, one of them was the extra random scum kill last night. Do we have enough info to figure out the other things, potentially? Does anyone have an idea?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

Shutting down conversation of the cuddle candidates is not helpful for town, especially when combined with Rarity's "well we basically just have to 1 2 3 and we win, we got this in the bag." I don't think that's true, even from her perspective. Getting bad feels.

All I meant by that was you're the ones who are going to end up deciding. I said in that post I'd stick with the game and I wouldn't expect to control BHB/Lumpen's posting. And like I said, I totally get why it's not as simple for you as me cause you don't know my alignment but imagine it from my perspective.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

one of them was me becoming town

There something you're not telling us? :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

There something you're not telling us? :v:

Ahahahahaha, becoming the doctor, my b.

If my alignment changed mid game I'd just tell you who the remaining scum is~

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Quidnose posted:

Lumpen, MMT claimed Survivor during N1, so there's only two options I see here that would make her scum:

1. MMT made a bet as scum that there was no survivor, BK wasn't a survivor, and got EXTREMELY lucky.
2. MMT is a rolecop & Kashuno screwed up and gave her her results in the middle of N1, allowing her to construct a fake claim knowing that BK was not the survivor - but would still have had to get EXTREMELY lucky that there wasn't another survivor in our midst.

That combined with this D1 breadcrumb leads me to believe she is on the up and up:
Well, OK, good points.

I guess Rarity is top Scum pick for me right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I guess at this point it's not the end of the world if we just lynch all of me/BHB/Lumpen. MT would go into LYLO already knowing who's town and who's scum and at this point I have faith she'd rather win with town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

IF we leave MMT alive until the last day and she's not scum:

Today: 5 town, 1 scum, 1 survivor

Next Night: 4 town, 1 scum, 1 survivor

Next Day: 3 town, 1 scum, 1 survivor

Next Night: 2 town, 1 scum, 1 survivor

Final Day: 1 town, 1 scum, 1 survivor

MMT becomes kingmaker at that point.

IF we take out MMT, we don't get a 3-man LYLO, do we?

Also who knows what random crap will happen with the CYOA aspects, too.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Yeah just did read Rarity one more time, and can't see why I had thought her so Town. I feel much more sure than BHB or MMT now.

##vote Rarity

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also reading like Rarity wants this scenario to play out cause she has something up her sleeve. This is not a regular mafia game, I'm not leaving this crap up to chance. WE HAVE WORKED TOO HARD.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

I guess at this point it's not the end of the world if we just lynch all of me/BHB/Lumpen. MT would go into LYLO already knowing who's town and who's scum and at this point I have faith she'd rather win with town.

Don't trust that "plan" one bit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I swear, this happens every loving endgame

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

I swear, this happens every loving endgame
What is "this"? What game else?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

What is "this"? What game else?

I figure out what's going on and how the game's going to run and everyone starts freaking out cause they're not seeing game theory like I see it and then it gets turned back around on me. I shouldn't really care because we've already won this game but it's still frustrating when people don't see poo poo that is really drat obvious.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

I figure out what's going on and how the game's going to run and everyone starts freaking out cause they're not seeing game theory like I see it and then it gets turned back around on me. I shouldn't really care because we've already won this game but it's still frustrating when people don't see poo poo that is really drat obvious.

What game else?
Weird post, if you think I am Scum, but you say "because not know game theory".

Rarity posted:

If you mean this, then will you go first?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

What game else?

Yeah, whatever. Someone message me when we've won

##vote Rarity

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Hmmm. Did not think you would.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Rarity posted:

Well yeah but your version of how the game will go assumes everyone knows you're town, which we don't.

Lumpen posted:

What game else?

I thought you said you were the best person for town to lynch today, where did this come from? :crossarm:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

My preference is:

(a) We lynch Lumpen today
(b) Night phase we have a good shot at getting a boon thanks to Kordansk and an offshot at a protect due to Quidnose
(c) Worst case, if Lumpen is town and another town is killed and there's 5 people, then the field is reduced down to me, Rarity, BHB and I'm willing to either solve the case or, if I can't convince people on a case, be the lynch for next game day. Basically I'll put my money where my mouth is.

I promise that given the chance to win with town, I'll take it. I like playing VT the most and, as such, have basically played the game as though that's what I am. I won't turncloak on that for no reason.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

I thought you said you were the best person for town to lynch today, where did this come from? :crossarm:
Yeah, that would be fine. I feel like things are more clear now. I feel less like I have no clue, feel like I can see Rarity as Scum more than BHB now. Any who would vote me and keep Rarity at LYLO shoukd vote me now, I think. Who would vote Rarity, should now. I now feel I would vote Rarity in LYLO vs BHB.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Where is KK?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

IF Lumpen has a PR he CANNOT reveal or break or else face being killed:

-it's too late now for him to do that
-I could see Lumpen committing to it 100% because that's how Lumpen works

I'm not really talking about the language of that post as much as the message itself. Even if it wasn't written in the language of a PR, it'd be scummy because the opinion he's representing (that I should be killed before his scumpicks because I am a LYLO threat, but that he himself is the right vote even though he's town) contradicts itself.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not really talking about the language of that post as much as the message itself. Even if it wasn't written in the language of a PR, it'd be scummy because the opinion he's representing (that I should be killed before his scumpicks because I am a LYLO threat, but that he himself is the right vote even though he's town) contradicts itself.
Who do you think Scum want as last 3?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Who do you think Scum want as last 3?

With three scum dead, three confirmed town, and a doc/oracle, my personal feeling is that scum is just playing to get through this game day and then figure something out.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Scum dream last 3 is (in my view) Lumpen, MMT, Rarity.
From posts, MMT should say same, right? Rarity should say same, right?
In that case Town will lose I think.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Scum dream last 3 is (in my view) Lumpen, MMT, Rarity.
From posts, MMT should say same, right? Rarity should say same, right?
In that case Town will lose I think.

I don't think there's any way that the players in this game are going to lynch BHB and someone who isn't one of the three of us, so that scenario isn't really relevant.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mmmm, if we take out Rarity today & Lumpen tomorrow that leaves MMT, BHB, and one confirmed town. The only way that doesn't work out is if MMT is scum or screws us over.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OR if scum got a second temporary godfather boon & KK is scum, which I am kinda starting to tinfoil my way to at this point since he's basically given up playing and we are winning. Makes no sense.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

have ya'll considered the idea that it's possibly lylo right now and there's two scum left?

I think the mechanics have screwed the scum pretty hard. 5 scum team seems possible now

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I haven't given up, I've just been playing poker all weekend

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I think MMT has earned himself another day. I'm not willing to vote him. I think Lumpen's self vote looked sincere. I don't like him for scum at the moment.

To me it's going to be between BHB and Rarity

But what I find interesting is someone said that on day 3 imgay was the target lynch. If I remember correctly, BHB and Rarity switched to him at roughly the same time.

They could both be scum, is what I'm saying...but I haven't reread yet.

I need to look back at TMM's actions during day 3, cause he was voting lumpen, then took his vote off him, and went to JakeP if I remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

if we mislynch today we should probably kill MMT...if there's two scum we're hosed anyways

• Locked thread