Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

somebody should make a Miitomo thread where we all exchange Twitter handles so we can be friends

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
How does the Face-to-Face friend adding work? My app asked for access to my phone's location info when I went to that screen. If it's using GPS data, maybe it can be spoofed. If it's using network information, maybe a VPN could do the trick. Granted, both of these are outside what I would consider a reasonable amount of effort required to make this stupid app usable.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

somebody should make a Miitomo thread where we all exchange Twitter handles so we can be friends

Yeah, someone please set up a Google doc and thread in PGS. (I would, but I wouldn't have time to keep things updated)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Anyone got Touched? How does it work?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

Anyone got Touched? How does it work?

I don't think it's possible to have enough points for it yet. The most points you can have right now seems to be 945.

e: Also, if you're interested in Touched and TP Picross, you should grab Touched first. It's available until July 1 while TP Picross is available until October 1.

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 31, 2016

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My Nintendo sucks and Club Nintendo was a thousand times better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Miitomo won't finish loading. It's stuck at the initial loading screen, bombarding me with Miitomo Tips. No progress made for all I can tell.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Shinjobi posted:

Miitomo won't finish loading. It's stuck at the initial loading screen, bombarding me with Miitomo Tips. No progress made for all I can tell.

Just let it sit; I raced to about 45% and then it started ticking over at 1% every 2 or 3 minutes after that.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I wish I could ignore Miitomo posts. It's no fun when your country is not eligible for it.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Welp Miitomo crashes immediately. Is it because I jailbroke my phone or is the app poo poo?

Yep. Had to unroot my phone to get it to launch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

katkillad2 posted:

My Nintendo sucks and Club Nintendo was a thousand times better.

I think the "Missions' and Platinum coins are awesome. They seem like they're basically going to be Nintendo's achievement system going forward. Collect all hearts? Platinum coins. Beat 150cc? Platinum coins. Best some Star Fox score? Platinum coins. Instead of handrails you get currency you can actually spend on exclusives, dlc, discounts, etc.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
No points from physical games and dlc is poo poo. I'm more than likely going to own everything prior to them offering me a discount on something I'm interested in. I don't want to log in once a week to be efficient on obtaining coins, with Club Nintendo most things I needed to do had at least a 30 day window I think, with the only exception being the buying a game at launch bonus survey/points.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this whole miitomo/my nintendo thing feels like way too boring of an effort to constantly look at or play with, nevermind that getting no points for physical games is laughable. we can take solace that any rewards they'll offer will be poo poo anyway

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'd be down. I want more Miitomo friends!

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Zeeman posted:

I don't think it's possible to have enough points for it yet. The most points you can have right now seems to be 945.

that's what i thought until an hour ago when they emailed me a code granting 200 more for being a former club nintendo user :yum:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Anyone who thinks Miitomo is boring needs to get some friends and then spend 8 hours making miifotos, because that's been my entire day today at work.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Happiness posted:

that's what i thought until an hour ago when they emailed me a code granting 200 more for being a former club nintendo user :yum:

Oh hell yes, I received that email too and didn't scroll all the way to the bottom. Time to grab Wario Ware!

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Just to make sure I'm reading the web page correctly... there's no longer any reward for physical game purchases, right? Just for digital licenses?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MisterAlex posted:

Just to make sure I'm reading the web page correctly... there's no longer any reward for physical game purchases, right? Just for digital licenses?

Yes. I noticed that there's a place to redeem point codes though on the My Nintendo page so maybe they'll start including them with physical games again in the future.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Agrias120 posted:

Anyone who thinks Miitomo is boring needs to get some friends and then spend 8 hours making miifotos, because that's been my entire day today at work.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

lmao

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes. I noticed that there's a place to redeem point codes though on the My Nintendo page so maybe they'll start including them with physical games again in the future.

This is what they say about point codes on the FAQ:

"From time to time, Nintendo will distribute point codes that can be redeemed for My Nintendo points. The points will appear on the points history page of the My Nintendo website when signed in to your Nintendo Account."

Also, reading the FAQ, it's pretty lovely that points expire six months after you collect them.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 31, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

thexerox123 posted:

"From time to time, Nintendo will distribute point codes that can be redeemed for My Nintendo points. The points will appear on the points history page of the My Nintendo website when signed in to your Nintendo Account."

Also, reading the FAQ, it's pretty lovely that points expire six months after you collect them.

I noticed that from the redemption page, but it applies to all points? that sucks.

Man, kinda sucks how it's a combination of slightly worse versions of CN and DDP :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

thexerox123 posted:

That sucks. Are the rewards supposed to change each month? I already have pretty much everything featured.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Speaking of point codes, if you were a Club Nintendo member don't delete the marketing email from Nintendo: there's a code for 200 platinum points at the bottom of it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vegastar posted:

Speaking of point codes, if you were a Club Nintendo member don't delete the marketing email from Nintendo: there's a code for 200 platinum points at the bottom of it.

Which email? I got one announcing Miitomo is out but there was no code.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

The one I got had this as the subject line: "Miitomo, My Nintendo, and bonus Platinum Points!"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm not on Twitter and will probably never be.

:stare:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

SeANMcBAY posted:

This one

Zoo06 posted:

The one I got had this as the subject line: "Miitomo, My Nintendo, and bonus Platinum Points!"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

A while back I picked up Pokemon Art Academy, and while it's neat, it seems a bit lacking as a teaching tool. Kind of a letdown, really. Is Art Academy Home Studio any better in that regard?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The one I got says Big Updates from Nintendo and has no code :( why does nintendo hate me?
e: oh, probably because i used my old email back in the day for club nintendo and i've been using a different one for the NNID, nintendo account, et al.

Oh, hey, I think I found another secret mission? got thirty coins from entering the nintendo website while signed in on my Nintendo Account, in my history it says "Completed: Sign in to your Nintendo Account on the official Nintendo website (weekly)" which doesn't show up in the mission list.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 1, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm intrigued by the promo code concept, I wonder if they'll give away plat coins on their Twitter acct

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of the email we just got, how do I redeem the code? The email said there are instructions on the site but I don't see anything.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Happiness posted:

I just hit 945 but that's when using the bonus 200 points code. Where is this other 200 coming from? I want picross. :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The one I got says Big Updates from Nintendo and has no code :( why does nintendo hate me?
e: oh, probably because i used my old email back in the day for club nintendo and i've been using a different one for the NNID, nintendo account, et al.

Oh, hey, I think I found another secret mission? got thirty coins from entering the nintendo website while signed in on my Nintendo Account, in my history it says "Completed: Sign in to your Nintendo Account on the official Nintendo website (weekly)" which doesn't show up in the mission list.

Hrm; I've been messing around on the main Nintendo website for a few minutes and I'm not getting that mission to trigger.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I did not get a code for being a former Club Nintendo member.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Waltzing Along posted:

Speaking of the email we just got, how do I redeem the code? The email said there are instructions on the site but I don't see anything.

I had to figure it out too. In the top left of the screen it says "Menu". Open it and one of the options on the sidebar is "redeem a point code".

And you can't just Copy and Paste the code because Nintendo is dumb.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone not have a club nintendo 200 point code due to lost email or whatever. I might have an extra...

E: Oooo...1020 points now. Free Zelda Picross for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Thanks for mentioning this!

jivjov posted:

Hrm; I've been messing around on the main Nintendo website for a few minutes and I'm not getting that mission to trigger.

I got it to trigger by clicking on a link to the online eshop from the marketing email that they sent.