Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://www.catchfence.com/237697/nascar-driver-derek-white-allegedly-targeted-in-tobacco-smuggling-operation

Dude's going to federal pound-me-in-the-rear end prison. It's a 21st century Randy Lanier, except without an ounce of talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Boomer The Cannon posted:

http://www.catchfence.com/237697/nascar-driver-derek-white-allegedly-targeted-in-tobacco-smuggling-operation

Dude's going to federal pound-me-in-the-rear end prison. It's a 21st century Randy Lanier, except without an ounce of talent.

Looks like we're about as far from racing moonshiners and the Winston Cup as humanly possible.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Makes me wonder how often they were going north.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Who's in the 24, Our Man SRA?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Who's in the 24, Our Man SRA?

Kyle Larson.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm bummed that Enfinger doesn't get to run trucks this weekend in favor of Kaz Grala. Dude should be full time.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm bummed that Enfinger doesn't get to run trucks this weekend in favor of Kaz Grala. Dude should be full time.

You're not the only one that wishes that bud. Money is a bitch :(

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Kaz Grala is an extremely punchable name

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

You're not the only one that wishes that bud. Money is a bitch :(

Maybe this doesn't help Enfinger right now but I hear a great way to increase funds is SELLING SOME MERCHANDISE ALREADY

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

maffew buildings posted:

Maybe this doesn't help Enfinger right now but I hear a great way to increase funds is SELLING SOME MERCHANDISE ALREADY

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I've got some SRA signed drumsticks i'll sell to you for $500. :v:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
also SRA you have access to planes and a race team and some Canadian is going down for smuggling

you know what to do

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

also SRA you have access to planes and a race team and some Canadian is going down for smuggling

you know what to do

Sell marked up Smokey Yunick books on ebay?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

you know what to do

Pablo E-SRA-cabar?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

As expected, Martinsville is using Kenseth/Logano to sell tickets and people are asking if it's messed up: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/03/31/martinsville-speedway-promotion-kenseth-logano-wreck-nascar-dilemma/82476624/

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Pablo E-SRA-cabar?

this was a hell of a stretch but the ball crossed the line so 6 points

CBJSprague24 posted:

As expected, Martinsville is using Kenseth/Logano to sell tickets and people are asking if it's messed up: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/03/31/martinsville-speedway-promotion-kenseth-logano-wreck-nascar-dilemma/82476624/

we had to kill any discussion of this incident on our FB group due to overwhelming numbers of members threatening each other

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

VikingSkull posted:

we had to kill any discussion of this incident on our FB group due to overwhelming numbers of members threatening each other

Obviously you now have to use that to promote the group.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

CBJSprague24 posted:

Par for course.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Slickdrac posted:

Obviously you now have to use that to promote the group.

nah, vultures in the group with their own groups posted the links and said how they had no rules

bet that works out for them

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey SRA, what's the deal with the ride-buying sisters and their cousin running the 10, 14, and 74(?) this weekend?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Sra first place currently, got some face time on the teevee

E: Not so much now lol@ the guy who turned fastest lap then put it in the wall.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 2, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The long, Spring NASCAR drought is over. Trucks on FS1 now. Martinsville.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

TURN LEFT KAZ NOOOOO

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

:bahgawd:

I bet this Larson kid could sell some hats...

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SRA playing chicken with the wall today

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I like how FOX stopped showing the Caution Clock with 75 laps to go because if it stays green, we're likely to get to 20 to go in 20 minutes, which is the point at which the caution clock goes away.

CAUTION CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

More like caution cuck.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

tater_salad posted:

More like caution cuck.

caution cuck hahah

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I completely forgot the caution clock was a thing

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

tater_salad posted:

More like caution cuck.

Thank you primary season for running that into the ground.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Please pit here, everyone but Kyle.

e- "There's nothing better in sports than NASCAR OVERTIME."

Mmkay, Mikey.

e2- https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/716370610306334726

:allears:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 2, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
6th for SRA! :toot:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nice nice comeback 23

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

6th place for the merchandise less Spencer Gallagher - I hope this is how the commentators sold it

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

They would have to stopped fellating Kyle Busch first.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
sell us garbage you loving rear end in a top hat

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

SRA does not equal Shipping Right Away.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I too would pay money for a second gms hat just to support the tram. poo poo I'm thinking of buying the silvsrado in iracing so I can run the allegiant air scheme and slap a goon car logo on the tailgate.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm gonna sell bootleg, crudely-drawn SRA merchandise at Eldora.

K&N East from Greenville-Pickens is the lead-in to IndyCar on NBCSN. Chat in #ics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

CBJSprague24 posted:

Those arguing about this are under the mistaken belief NASCAR's sanctioning body is in charge of both suspending drivers and track marketing. Many keep asking "how was the incident bad enough to warrant a two-race suspension, but not bad enough to use in advertising?" Fact is, if your track hosted a controversial wreck and a retiring driver's final win, and you want to sell tickets, you better use both clips in your ads.

The comparisons to Daytona 1979 are also infuriating. Apples and oranges. Donnie, Bobby, and Cale only got slaps on the wrist and weren't suspended for any races. Bill France, Jr. knew what he had and played it up. Brian France got that same opportunity and screwed it up, so Martinsville's promoters had to do it for him.

• Locked thread