Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

I keep checking to see if I got that email. I just really want to play WarioWare :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

where are people getting these extra coins, I did all my missions and redeemed the code :mad:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thexerox123 posted:

I got it to trigger by clicking on a link to the online eshop from the marketing email that they sent.

Ahh. I haven't gotten that email yet

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Ahh. I haven't gotten that email yet

You could probably do it from any Nintendo email!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just saw this on the eshop: Parascientific Escape: Cruise in the Distant Seas

Anyone play it? I can't seem to find any reviews.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Lizard Wizard posted:

A while back I picked up Pokemon Art Academy, and while it's neat, it seems a bit lacking as a teaching tool. Kind of a letdown, really. Is Art Academy Home Studio any better in that regard?

You're going to want Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone.

Home Studio is much more just tools to do the art than actually teaching you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waltzing Along posted:

I just saw this on the eshop: Parascientific Escape: Cruise in the Distant Seas

Anyone play it? I can't seem to find any reviews.

Oh yeah, I was going to mention that then forgot about it, it's an okay mix of VN and room escape, kind of like a low rent 999/VLR only nowhere near as insane/good as those. It was amusing enough for whatever your local equivalent of £4 is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah, I was going to mention that then forgot about it, it's an okay mix of VN and room escape, kind of like a low rent 999/VLR only nowhere near as insane/good as those. It was amusing enough for whatever your local equivalent of £4 is.

Good enough for me. $5 is worth a flyer on that.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

mikeycp posted:

You're going to want Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone.

Home Studio is much more just tools to do the art than actually teaching you.

Is it on the eShop, and am I right in my hunch that PAA is bad at teaching? Or rather, am I right in assuming that PAA doesn't typify the level of helpfulness in other Art Academy games?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i've booted up miitomo on my phone and started grinding through 'missions'. in order to redeem platinum points for games, do i need to have my 3DS handy and access it via that?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is it on the eShop, and am I right in my hunch that PAA is bad at teaching? Or rather, am I right in assuming that PAA doesn't typify the level of helpfulness in other Art Academy games?

Yeah, Pokemon Art Academy's lessons are not as in-depth and the tools are deliberately begginer-friently (ie lots of line-smoothing, quantising, etc).

There are two versions of Art Academy on the Wii U: Sketchpad, which is a straight drawing app, and Home Studio/Atelier which is the full suite with lessons and youtube uploads and so on.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kaubocks posted:

where are people getting these extra coins, I did all my missions and redeemed the code :mad:

Did you pre-register? You get 200 coins if you pre-registered

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Color Printer posted:

Did you pre-register? You get 200 coins if you pre-registered

I pre-registered for My Nintendo, but not Miitomo if that was an option.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Am I missing something? I thought the games needed Gold points?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Twilight Princess Picross and Wario Ware Touched are both available for 1000 platinum points each. The other games need Gold points, though.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 1, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Most do; there are a couple you can get with Platinum Points though.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kaubocks posted:

I pre-registered for My Nintendo, but not Miitomo if that was an option.

It looks like the coins were for pre-registering for Miitomo, unfortunately.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Notice how they left the face petting in Miitomo, but not in Fire Emblem Fates... hypocrites...

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spellman posted:

Notice how they left the face petting in Miitomo, but not in Fire Emblem Fates... hypocrites...

yeah the sexual moans the miis make is kind of offputting

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Lessons for Everyone is on the eShop. No clue about PAA I haven't played it.

LfE has a ton of lessons, though. It's really really good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pokémon Art Academy was nice for the first bit but then it was all "now do the sketch yourself" and I don't feel like it prepares you for that AT ALL.

mikeycp posted:

Lessons for Everyone is on the eShop. No clue about PAA I haven't played it.

LfE has a ton of lessons, though. It's really really good.

Neat, how much does it cost?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

C-Euro posted:

I'm not on Twitter and will probably never be.

So make a twitter account, link it and get a bunch of goons, and then forget about it, or don't participate in that part I guess

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I signed up for MyNintendo on a different email than my Club Nintendo account so I guess no 200 bonus points for me. :negative:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is the WarioWare: Touched reward really for 3DS or Wii U? I'm confused since you can't even buy DS games on the 3DS eShop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's for 3DS and I presume it's a DS game recompiled for DSiWare like that one Advance Wars Club Nintendo reward.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is the WarioWare: Touched reward really for 3DS or Wii U? I'm confused since you can't even buy DS games on the 3DS eShop.

It's for 3DS, they did like JP Club Nintendo did for Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and rejiggered it to be a DSiWare game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wonder if they'll add 'missions' only for upcoming game releases or if they'll go back to older games. Splatoon seems like a no-brainer to have My Nintendo missions. It would also be a quasi way of being like "yeah your old purchases don't count but here's a way you can get something out of them"

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Where do you think My Nintendo™ Twilight Princess Picross fits in the Zelda timeline

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's for 3DS and I presume it's a DS game recompiled for DSiWare like that one Advance Wars Club Nintendo reward.

It definitely runs like a DS game. Hitting the home button exits the game.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I am having fun using Miitomo in small bursts with my friends and I love Wario Ware Touched so getting that on my 3ds for essentially nothing was a nice perk to my day.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Neat, how much does it cost?

30 bux. It's very worth it, IMO.

Get it and show us your apple!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Is Harvest Moon: A New Beginning worth $15? Never played a Harvest Moon game, but I enjoy Animal Crossing and like cows a lot.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Hell yeah Zelda Picross

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

enojy posted:

Is Harvest Moon: A New Beginning worth $15? Never played a Harvest Moon game, but I enjoy Animal Crossing and like cows a lot.

It's a cozy and chill farming game if you can get past the very slow start. The characters are pretty bland though and story of seasons is better in pretty much every way..

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Linnaeus posted:

It's a cozy and chill farming game if you can get past the very slow start. The characters are pretty bland though and story of seasons is better in pretty much every way..

Oh, I was mainly interested because it's on sale... At least it was...

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Spellman posted:

Where do you think My Nintendo™ Twilight Princess Picross fits in the Zelda timeline
After Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland; before its sequel.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Does anyone know if redeeming a game from a My Nintendo code like Mario 64 earns you additional gold coins? Asking because that was the case with Club Nintendo.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Happiness posted:

that's what i thought until an hour ago when they emailed me a code granting 200 more for being a former club nintendo user :yum:

Holy poo poo, thank you. WarioWare here I come!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I pre-registered for My Nintendo, but apparently not Miitomo. :( I can see points there in my Points History, but it's greyed out.

Also, I didn't get a mail about being a former Club Nintendo member. Does anyone know if NOE sent that one out, or is it only people in NA who have received it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

I pre-registered for My Nintendo, but apparently not Miitomo. :( I can see points there in my Points History, but it's greyed out.

Also, I didn't get a mail about being a former Club Nintendo member. Does anyone know if NOE sent that one out, or is it only people in NA who have received it?

I got one as an Australian Club Nintendo member, so you should too.