Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

CJacobs posted:

Post more takedowns on people desperately trying to be pc by calling things cultural appropriation

was this always the logical progression of identity politics or did something really unexpected happen cause this is the stupidest poo poo imagineable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Hey, it's your buddy Sabel and I'm here to post this thing again

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

it will be rad in the future when all the races have mixed and we are all super sexy brazillians or something like that

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

Fart Puzzle posted:

it will be rad in the future when all the races have mixed and we are all super sexy brazillians or something like that

We'll just start excluding people for the size of their nipples or something. Everyone wants some group to poo poo on.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Al Cowens posted:

That's over 5 years ago, let it go dude

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

angerbeet posted:

He looks like he'd sell you weed but also he'd want to talk to you for like half an hour too

i feel as if i could talk to him for a half hour but not a moment longer

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

We'll just start excluding people for the size of their nipples or something. Everyone wants some group to poo poo on.

was talking to my barber about how men don't really care that much about breadt size and I was about to say "but really long nipples are weird" but then I got worried that she might have really long nipples

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

MiracleWhale posted:

was talking to my barber about how men don't really care that much about breadt size and I was about to say "but really long nipples are weird" but then I got worried that she might have really long nipples

I think we can all agree that you made the right call given the situation

sdasdas
Dec 29, 2012

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

It's funny though

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

lol i was going to post the same thing, it's time to bury the hatchet bro

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

8-Bit Scholar posted:

We all joke now but this is absolutely going to become A Thing in five years and I'm going to just loving weep.
Ground loving zero: These forums.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Al Cowens posted:

thanks sabel, can you post it smaller next time

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

nvm the picture is actually large when I open it in a tab but it shows up really small but not thumbnailed in normal forum view for me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

:lol: out of the long list of evil poo poo white people do, she gets made over cultural appropriation. :lol:

True. I usually detest the "why mad when other worse thing exists" argument but when it comes to college hippy haircut, pick your battles

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

cultural appropriation is the new politically correct and it is just as toxic and disgusting.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RNG posted:

i really want to cut his stupid loving hair myself but you can see that she goes to block him from moving and he makes the first contact by grabbing her arm and trying to move it

If someone blocks you with their arm you're not at fault for touching their arm any more, they're at fault for blocking your way. So long as this is a place you're supposed to be able to go anyway.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rasmussen posted:

cultural appropriation is the new politically correct and it is just as toxic and disgusting.

Politically correct was way less stupid and backwards.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Sheep-Goats posted:

If someone blocks you with their arm you're not at fault for touching their arm any more, they're at fault for blocking your way. So long as this is a place you're supposed to be able to go anyway.

yeah, what she did is technically assault, but... i don't know, god

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RNG posted:

yeah, what she did is technically assault, but... i don't know, god

What she did is technically just annoying. It's not assault if the person on the receiving end has no fear of harm. It's not battery if there is no harm.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Cultural appropriation is borrowing something meaningful from a culture but either actively showing it disrespect or using it so shallowly that the indifference is disrespect. If there's no malice, I don't care. And even in some cases where there is malice, I don't care, because I don't care about religious significance in general.

Everything else is cultural appreciation or cultural diffusion, and these idiots will call it cultural appropriation when it suits them to shut them up or get the endorphin high that comes with shaming. I think the only way to kill this segregation-in-the-name-of-antiracism fiasco is to start using the alt phrases, give them a stinkeye, and just walk away like this kid did on his way to Family Values Tour rehearsals.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MasterSitsu posted:

Cultural appropriation is borrowing something meaningful from a culture but either actively showing it disrespect or using it so shallowly that the indifference is disrespect. If there's no malice, I don't care. And even in some cases where there is malice, I don't care, because I don't care about religious significance in general.

Everything else is cultural appreciation or cultural diffusion, and these idiots will call it cultural appropriation when it suits them to shut them up or get the endorphin high that comes with shaming. I think the only way to kill this segregation-in-the-name-of-antiracism fiasco is to start using the alt phrases, give them a stinkeye, and just walk away like this kid did on his way to Family Values Tour rehearsals.

You could also just scream oval office in their face.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Sheep-Goats posted:

That's a Title IX violation right there.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Sheep-Goats posted:

That word is only for Cuntish Americans to use.

Anyhow, the big example is always headdresses. Wearing them is tacky as hell, and they are supposed to have significance, only be given out in ceremonies, and who has been poo poo on more than Natives.

BUT

I don't know where you live, but where my family are from, you can go to the mall and there are arts/craft stores run by Natives who will sell them to anybody. There are websites that will sell them to anybody. There are Natives that show up to football games with racist mascots and "bless" the team. For every person getting upset, whether good or bad reasons, there's another person who dgaf or actively is monetizing the thing... Appropriating capitialist culture.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
One time I beat up a drunken Korean in a Mexican restaurant in NYC who was yelling "spic" at the workers in there at 5am.

I kicked him in the balls real good once I drug him outside and he went "This is NYC man I could have a knife this could be anything!" then I kicked him in the balls again and his glasses fell off his face and he went over to the building to lean against it so I squashed his glasses and then went and got on the train.

My only regret is that I had no opportunity to do all of this in a head dress.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

MasterSitsu posted:

there's another person who dgaf or actively is monetizing the thing...

That's where the white progressive takes action and get offended for them.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
i thought you were talking about corey feldman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5WEbLmu4k

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't hire him

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

im gaye posted:

the dude in the trench coat and plum leggings is appropriating the culture of seventeenth century halfwits

he appropriating inspector gadget

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

This cultural appropriation stuff confuses my old man brain. When I was in Japan, a Japanese woman I was eating with said she was glad she could finally get California rolls in Japan. Should I have yelled at her about cultural appropriation?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

This cultural appropriation stuff confuses my old man brain. When I was in Japan, a Japanese woman I was eating with said she was glad she could finally get California rolls in Japan. Should I have yelled at her about cultural appropriation?

Yes, vehemently.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
White people with dreadlocks means that they are a sound engineer or need a sound engineer. Sometimes both.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I just had a burrito.

gently caress you, Mexico.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

he sould change him name to emmanuel

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
now i wonder if we're gonna see Anglo-type folks accosting African-American women with straightened hair...

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
corey

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Cant we all just divided everything based on the skin colour of the inventor? like jeans, that's for white people, democracy, white people, gravity, white people. I mean come on, it probably wouldnt be too bad.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
the dude in the trenchcoat with the fade, he isn't wearing pants. just sayin...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Zombiepop posted:

Cant we all just divided everything based on the skin colour of the inventor? like jeans, that's for white people, democracy, white people, gravity, white people. I mean come on, it probably wouldnt be too bad.

I dunno about democracy man, Greeks were kind of swarthy

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Sheep-Goats posted:

One time I beat up a drunken Korean in a Mexican restaurant in NYC who was yelling "spic" at the workers in there at 5am.

I kicked him in the balls real good once I drug him outside and he went "This is NYC man I could have a knife this could be anything!" then I kicked him in the balls again and his glasses fell off his face and he went over to the building to lean against it so I squashed his glasses and then went and got on the train.

Violence is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Like hell you did

• Locked thread