Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

April Fools?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Dick, seriously please get into some sort of rehab. As a former PD I've seen a lot of self-medication with street meth. It works. . . Briefly. Then it makes all your problems worse, like it seems to be doing now. Lots of people can keep their poo poo together for a while on meth, no one keeps it going for more than a couple of years. It will destroy you.

If you're worried about bad rehabs, please PM me. If you're willing to come back to CA for it, I know some good people who run programs here. I also know people in WA who can probably help find something legit up there. I've only met you once, but you seem like a real decent dude who just needs some help.

I know you have been prescribed adderall before. Street meth is a way different beast. What's doing this is in small part the meth and in large part all the other poo poo in street meth.

I've seen too many people ruin lives and dir, please seek some help.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

According to 14's recent facebook posts someone apparently dispatched police to his home and employer for a welfare check and he posted a photo that seems to indicate he is currently strapped to a gurney in the back of an ambulance. Hope he has the ability to update us here soon...

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Panaflex posted:

According to 14's recent facebook posts someone apparently dispatched police to his home and employer for a welfare check and he posted a photo that seems to indicate he is currently strapped to a gurney in the back of an ambulance. Hope he has the ability to update us here soon...

For fucks sake, fess up whoever did it

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah for gently caress's sake 14 needs help but that's a really unpleasant way to do it. Probably just make him more hostile to the idea of seeking treatment on his own.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
If he's getting 5150ed, the problem is that generally those psych facilitoes don't do a great job with dual diagnosis, which is what it feels like we're dealing with here. Calling the cops in these situations really only should be done when someone is an immediate threat to themselves or others as they're really just stabilization.

That said, 14in when you get out seriously consider a dual diagnosis program (one that does MH and substance abuse). I know a good one down in socal and they owe good friend a favor.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Goons going to goon. Way to ruin an excellent thread whoever it was.

I personally am thinking of getting some sort of memorial plaque made up to look at while eating my cereal every morning to remind myself that I can never live a life even a fraction as interesting, 14 inch was a true hero.

~goodnight sweet prince~

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Maybe I missed something but didn't he allude to self medicating with meth months ago?

He did but I read it as him referring to an adderall prescription as meth, because it is also an amphetemine. I did not realize he was actually taking meth.

Not to pile on but he's also an alcoholic. At least, he was back when the cleaning problem thread was in e/n, which was several years ago, but I don't think anything in particular changed.

I hope you find a way to get long-term consistent effective help, 14". I really do.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I can only hope he gets the help he needs and returns to us once again to share his wonderus tails.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

nm posted:

If he's getting 5150ed, the problem is that generally those psych facilitoes don't do a great job with dual diagnosis, which is what it feels like we're dealing with here. Calling the cops in these situations really only should be done when someone is an immediate threat to themselves or others as they're really just stabilization.

That said, 14in when you get out seriously consider a dual diagnosis program (one that does MH and substance abuse). I know a good one down in socal and they owe good friend a favor.

there are very few places that seem to do dual dx very well. I haven't had to use them, thank gently caress, but I hear a lot of bad stories and few good ones.

I went through a string of really abusive relationships, and finally found someone who didn't treat me like garbage. Masochism is fine, but not when it's abusive. You can have a loving relationship and occasionally have your balls hit with a wrench in a loving manner. And you don't have to kill yourself passively over her; she made her choice, and she's responsible for herself. You are absolved of all responsibility for her.

when you get out, let's brainstorm a way for you to get the adderall you need. sometimes manufacturers have patient assistance programs; there's also GoodRX that tells you cash prices for it and gives you prescription discount cards. you probably need a new psychiatrist, because that one sounds like an rear end in a top hat if he won't listen to your concerns.

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 3, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It sounds vaguely like he switched to street meth cause it's cheaper.

But it's cheaper for a reason.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

As someone who's done way, way too much meth, and watched a lot of friends die either from meth or from how bad it wrecks your body..

Meth is bad.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Wow, way to betray his trust in us, folks. I'm sure the thing he needed most at this crucial juncture was a bundle of additional medical debt, and a bunch of people who deal with the worst of the worst who won't even listen to a thing he has to say. :waycool:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Do we even know if this is a goon vs. a concerned facebook friend or relative, or even a really pissed-off boss?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

meteloides posted:

there are very few places that seem to do dual dx very well. I haven't had to use them, thank gently caress, but I hear a lot of bad stories and few good ones.

I went through a string of really abusive relationships, and finally found someone who didn't treat me like garbage. Masochism is fine, but not when it's abusive. You can have a loving relationship and occasionally have your balls hit with a wrench in a loving manner. And you don't have to kill yourself passively over her; she made her choice, and she's responsible for herself. You are absolved of all responsibility for her.

when you get out, let's brainstorm a way for you to get the adderall you need. sometimes manufacturers have patient assistance programs; there's also GoodRX that tells you cash prices for it and gives you prescription discount cards. you probably need a new psychiatrist, because that one sounds like an rear end in a top hat if he won't listen to your concerns.

99% sure that 14in has posted that he has insurance.
If not, I know some people who might be able to help get free/low cost beds.

Also, someone sent me the gas chambered post that probably set the whole thing off. Not lying it might have caused me to call the cops if I'd seen it earlier, you can't joke about that poo poo.

edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770780&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post458203579

nm fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 3, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

the people who see and interact with him every day vs internet strangers who just hours before this went down got confirmation that he was smoking it

hmm who's more likely to suddenly call the cops

E:

nm posted:

Also, someone sent me the gas chambered post that probably set the whole thing off. Not lying it might have caused me to call the cops if I'd seen it earlier, you can't joke about that poo poo.

oh

oh poo poo

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I talk to him every day through text. And sure sometimes he's a little far out there with some stuff he sends me but drat. Forcing him into treatment doesn't always work. And can sometimes have a very negative effect. I hope he comes out alright .

nm
Jan 28, 2008

SouthsideSaint posted:

I talk to him every day through text. And sure sometimes he's a little far out there with some stuff he sends me but drat. Forcing him into treatment doesn't always work. And can sometimes have a very negative effect. I hope he comes out alright .

Agreed, but when you say post that with this kind of history, you can't be shocked when the 5150 train shows.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Oh man there's more to this story? :( I thought it was odd how quickly something like this came out of nowhere.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I looked at that post and I don't know how to take it. He seems about as on the level as many other mechanics I've met. The whole meth thing throws a wrench into everything though. Then he was day trippin Friday. And from experience trying to turn a wrench and tripping never works.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

SouthsideSaint posted:

I looked at that post and I don't know how to take it. He seems about as on the level as many other mechanics I've met. The whole meth thing throws a wrench into everything though. Then he was day trippin Friday. And from experience trying to turn a wrench and tripping never works.

There's two ways to look at that:
1. He's probably joking, and I don't want to cause trouble.
2. He's might not be joking, and I won't be able to sleep if he does it.

I don't know where I'd have come out.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

if I had to guess..
someone who knew him well / better than most goons, like where he lived saw the gassed thread and then couldn't get a hold of something inch dick. Then they welfare checked him because they didn't want to walk in on their friend in some manner of death.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Police don't do health and welfare checks for addiction, they arrest you for possession or paraphernalia. hth.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

Police don't do health and welfare checks for addiction, they arrest you for possession or paraphernalia. hth.

They do for suicide threats.

it would be pretty easy to track down 14in as most of us know his name and where he works.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I'm going to subtly suggest that the answer here is not more goon involvement. Let the man sort through his poo poo Jesus Christ.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm going to subtly suggest that the answer here is not more goon involvement. Let the man sort through his poo poo Jesus Christ.

I've seen to many people go down the path of no intervention. It doesn't work.
I'm not gonna call the cops on him unless it looks like he's gonna hurt himself (because i don't see him hurting others), but I don't think offering help is out of place.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

nm posted:

There's two ways to look at that:
1. He's probably joking, and I don't want to cause trouble.
2. He's might not be joking, and I won't be able to sleep if he does it.

I don't know where I'd have come out.

I do hope all this ends up helping in the end. I like him. :(

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Not 100% sure he got 5150ed at this point as he's still active on FB and FB updates aren't all that common there.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Elmnt80 posted:

I've had a welfare check show up at my front door before...

With plenty of weed and paraphernalia out in my apartment. Not visible from the door, but the friendly cops at the door didn't really give me an option as to whether or not they were going to enter once the door was opened.

Did get handcuffed and stuffed into a cop car, but didn't get arrested or charged with anything. I got to spend 3 days meeting some interesting people instead.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I will say I have never seen a criminal charge resulting from a 5150 call (against the subject of the call). Police generally approach those way different.
Only exception is if the subject is obviously not 5150 but drunk as poo poo.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

14 INCH LOU posted:

You know what I do? I lock myself in my room in silence for a few days and I escape because it's the only thing that slows my mind down enough to sleep afterward. It's cheaper than adderall, which my insurance refuses to cover and my doctOr refused to adjust my dose after over two years, when all I loving want is to be able to function at work. Not a single person seems to get that all I want to do is to work and function as a normal human being , I don't steal, I don't break any other laws, I just want to be able to exist. I don't ask for much.

Just to make something clear, taking an almost 10 minute long selfie video while thinking you're watching worms in your eyes, all while at work, isn't functioning. That's why the girl in the background said "Dave, what are you doing?".

You should remove the image with your medical and person info man, HIPAA exists for a reason and if corn and 1500quid have proven anything it's that there are definitely people reading this thread that are purely in it for entertainment... There could also be worse.

I know our country doesn't have a great support mechanism for people with mental illness, but without good insurance or resources. I also don't claim to know what the best solution for you is or whether not you have other illnesses and/or diseases, but I hope you get help. We got some beers together a couple of years ago and you're a nice dude... I really hope you don't commit slow suicide via drug addiction and alcoholism because I'd miss you, the forums would miss you, your cat would miss you and most of all I think your family would miss you. How would your Dad react and feel if he knew you were self medicating like this? As a Dad myself, it'd break my heart.

1500quidporsche posted:

Way to ruin an excellent thread whoever it was.

It wasn't me, but if you're for real about "ruining an excellent thread" being the bad thing happening here then gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 3, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's a hospital room, not an ambo

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Geirskogul posted:

That's a hospital room, not an ambo

Hospital rooms have EF Civics driving toward them? :confused:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Any idea which hospital he went to?

edit: Maybe just PM me that. Probably better not to post.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Cops got called on me for a welfare check i had a fatty in hand and they didn't even take it from me once it became clear that i'd just had enough poo poo for one day and just wanted to play gta

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Mat_Drinks posted:

It wasn't me, but if you're for real about "ruining an excellent thread" being the bad thing happening here then gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

We're talking about a guy that, if you've been following this thread, clearly doesn't like authority. If you think having the cops show up at his door step to intervene in the process is going to help at all instead of making him double down out of spite then by all means continue on. I happen to think that this is only going to make things worse. I'm not in this for "entertainment" like you think, I absolutely think it would be best for 14 inch to get his act together. But I also think that a bunch of people on the internet saying what he's doing is bad really isn't helping much at all. But I'm an rear end in a top hat so what the hell do I know.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jesus loving Christ.

I knew 14" was in a bad way from FB, but I didn't expect this level of poo poo. Hopefully he can get some goddamn help, he seems like too good a dude to just keep killing himself. :smith:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

1500quidporsche posted:

We're talking about a guy that, if you've been following this thread, clearly doesn't like authority. If you think having the cops show up at his door step to intervene in the process is going to help at all instead of making him double down out of spite then by all means continue on. I happen to think that this is only going to make things worse. I'm not in this for "entertainment" like you think, I absolutely think it would be best for 14 inch to get his act together. But I also think that a bunch of people on the internet saying what he's doing is bad really isn't helping much at all. But I'm an rear end in a top hat so what the hell do I know.

I read your post as you being in it for the 'entertainment', so I'm happy to be corrected and find out that's not the case. I agree with your thoughts. Thank you for posting this and sorry for calling you an rear end in a top hat.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

I have seen people saved because some random government lawyer (yo) and his social worker they had no reason to trust suggested they go to rehab. I wasn't the first or the closest, but it happened. This doesn't mean I am special, it just means it was suggested at the right time. I'll be the first to admit that 98 times out of 100, nothing changed, but those 2. Totally worth it.
One was a former army officer who drove tanks in the gulf war who discovered meth when he couldn't deal with his depression he faced after failing to get a "real" job when get left the military. He got into a good dual diagnosis program and the VA hooked him up with mental health care.
Another was a woman with no parents, a long record of drugs and hooking, and a few kids in foster care after her last prison stint. She got into the female version of the dual diagnosis program I mentioned. She now has her kids back, a job, and outwardly appears to be any other lower middle class suburban mom.
I'm a bleeding heart and most of the time it does nothing, but it isn't a waste.
[lovely starfish motivational poster]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I've been following this thread for a long time now, back to when 14 was Psylocibe and Lowered Expectations was the subject. I only recently friended him on FB because why not and I got the added bonus of getting added to the AI group. 14 messages me and apparently others often and we have fun conversations and exchanges. I didn't call any cops on 14 but I hope 14 realizes that everyone on the forums and on facebook really love him as a person and want him to be healthy and not in misery. I don't believe any one person can tell 14 what to do, but I hope all of our messages collectively are received by him with a positive meaning.

• Locked thread