Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Fencer doesn't really auto attack that much unless you goal is to conserve SP. They have 0sec cooldown attacks that hit way harder than a standard auto attack. They are a physical caster class, thats why 99% of their builds use barbarians as a base.

Allright, cool. That's fine, but I was just a bit concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

The problem with this game is that most of the build defining classes are unlocked at rank 6.
So you usually have to choose between:

1. Picking early classes with strong actives that help you level fast, but become obsolete later on.
2. Picking early classes with strong passives that support your rank 6 choice, but can't level for poo poo.

On top of that, you basically have to deal with these slider bars:

[FUN]---------------------------------------------------------------[EFFECTIVE]
[SOLO]---------------------------------------------------------------[GROUP]

Nobody makes it to max level, so you really just have to pick something you vibe with.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Gating the ability to form a guild behind a r7 class is so mindnumbingly weird

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Blazing Zero posted:

i will play on kailpedia with silento #klailadarity

the first time ive ever regretted posting :smith:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I now have 4 characters stuck with "CommanderLoadFail" on trying to enter the game. Two have been stuck for over an hour. What gives?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Looks like it is happening to a lot of people. I guess I am not playing the game today!

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Check for a channel on the map you're on that has more than one dot, that one will work. You'll have to manually do it every time you change maps, and if you try to go to a map that doesn't have multiple channels and get that error you're probably hosed

Damone
May 3, 2009

Red Red Blue posted:

Check for a channel on the map you're on that has more than one dot, that one will work. You'll have to manually do it every time you change maps, and if you try to go to a map that doesn't have multiple channels and get that error you're probably hosed

Can confirm, I accidentally went into the Pyromancer Master's lab, that has 2 channels and now I can't even connect anymore. No character select or anything.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

I now have 4 characters stuck with "CommanderLoadFail" on trying to enter the game. Two have been stuck for over an hour. What gives?

Only the party leader can access. So he needs to keep going in until he gets into an instance, after that everyone can go in.

e-Holy poo poo the entire instancing is hosed up, used to be just 1 or 2 failed instances, literally all but one of the instances in this area are hosed.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 3, 2016

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

there's two classes in the wiz line: sorcerer and necromancer. there's also bokor in the cleric line. the two wizards use cards you get from bosses. sorcs summon the bosses, can issue commands and ride them at c2 :3: while necro summons skeletons and an abomination based on the stats of boss cards. bokor summons zombies and casts offensive magic. special mention to cataphract in the swords line and falconer in archer line, as well though they arent really summoners

Thanks!

What control scheme do people use? Mouse? Keyboard? Controller?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
For CommanderLoadFail, it is individual channels that are hosed. Try every channel in the zone. There are some zones where every single channel is down, but most have at least one functional channel you can log back in on.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I really enjoy paying on controller DS4 for swordsman and cleric. I have a steam controller but I haven't set it up yet people say it works great. For Archer I used mouse set up because I don't like the ranged targeting on the controller.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Only the party leader can access. So he needs to keep going in until he gets into an instance, after that everyone can go in.

e-Holy poo poo the entire instancing is hosed up, used to be just 1 or 2 failed instances, literally all but one of the instances in this area are hosed.
I'm not in a party. One of these hasn't even left west woods.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Different channel worked though. It's the only one with people in it!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

I'm not in a party. One of these hasn't even left west woods.

I thought you were talking about the dungeon instances, which where having the issue before the entire channel system started to collapse.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

There's two instances in I think it's East Woods left, both are empty, and both fail to load. So fair warning everyone!

Funkatron5000
Apr 23, 2014
I've been running with the steam controller and it works great, the back buttons end up making some interesting options for casting your skills/jumping.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
yeah the servers seem hosed right now, i'd recommend just taking a break.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Man, I feel like there are so many ways to gently caress myself over with the classes... Looks like you can respec your skills but not the classes themselves. If you make a mistake you need to restart a new character? Game was mostly unplayable for me this weekend but I don't feel like wasting all my time and having to start new characters all the time to find something viable.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

With how easy a lot of the game is I feel like a lot of suboptimal things are viable as long as you stick to things that only need one combat stat. Just not optimal.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Also, do Simony scrolls use the caster's stats, the scrollmaker's stats or no stats?

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

I was a huge, huge fan of RO, and I'm definitely interested in ToS. Aside from how it looks, is this game similar to RO? Are there open-season MVPs or anything similar to cards?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
How have they not pulled down the loving servers for this CommanderLoadFail poo poo, one by one my entire mumble has had their characters locked out of the game. I left for six hours and came back and they haven't even attempted a fix? Such apathy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chocobo posted:

How have they not pulled down the loving servers for this CommanderLoadFail poo poo, one by one my entire mumble has had their characters locked out of the game. I left for six hours and came back and they haven't even attempted a fix? Such apathy.

I dont even know its loving morning in korea already they should have at least said something else

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

That said, it made grinding up the last things I needed for the collections in orsha prison an absolute breeze.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Not gonna try the game till it's free, but I really love the soundtrack

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Grimes posted:

I was a huge, huge fan of RO, and I'm definitely interested in ToS. Aside from how it looks, is this game similar to RO? Are there open-season MVPs or anything similar to cards?

It has the spirit, style, and attitude of RO with very little similarities in actual gameplay.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
So I'm getting this but the whole class system confuses the poo poo out of me... what do I make? I want to not ruin my first character. Any recommendations?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Make what you like, everyone ruins their first character, it's the law.

Possibly not a battle cleric though, cause as much as I love this little guy, he is super slow to do anything.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

Make what you like, everyone ruins their first character, it's the law.

Possibly not a battle cleric though, cause as much as I love this little guy, he is super slow to do anything.

Anything that uses cleric 2 can be put off till later. Priest1 is sort of slow but things really take off with priest2 and cafri, sacrament and blessing. I burn things with my auto attacks much faster than pure dps classes with just auto attacks.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What is a cafri and where do I get one?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So I've heard that the best way to play dps classes is to totally ignore str/dex/int and get as much spr as you can so you can spam your moves, whose base damage will more than make up for lacking in damage stats. Is this true?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Highblood posted:

So I'm getting this but the whole class system confuses the poo poo out of me... what do I make? I want to not ruin my first character. Any recommendations?

poke around a skill simulator and see what interests you, then hop in the discord or post it here and you'll probably get some decent advice.

Kylra posted:

What is a cafri and where do I get one?

Cafrisun is a low level world boss spawn that drops a gear set, wearing the whole set will give your auto attacks an extra attack of earth elemental damage that will double dip from buffs like Blessing. best place to get it is the auction house, it's fairly cheap

YES bread fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 4, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

YES bread posted:

Cafrisun is a low level world boss spawn that drops a gear set, wearing the whole set will give your auto attacks an extra attack of earth elemental damage that will double dip from buffs like Blessing. best place to get it is the auction house, it's fairly cheap
Holy shirt.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Clarste posted:

So I've heard that the best way to play dps classes is to totally ignore str/dex/int and get as much spr as you can so you can spam your moves, whose base damage will more than make up for lacking in damage stats. Is this true?

Unlikely.
You may get more damage out of your total SP pool, but cooldowns remain the same so you do less damage per cast and have a slower killing speed.

e. Worded it funny.

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 4, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Clarste posted:

no

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only classes that benefit from spr are the ones that benefit from a higher sp pool because they have attacks that dont have cooldowns (Fencer) and the ones that has a primary attack that benefits from spr (priest/chaplain) and you dont get a whole lot of spr even for fencer.

Kylra posted:

Holy shirt.
With an arde dagger you get an extra 150 damage per attack. So cafri remains relevant for a poo poo ton of time.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kylra posted:

Holy shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I rerolled my guy because I suffer strongly from from analysis paralysis and do this constantly.

I went sword pelt barb this time and god drat do I miss the peltasta c2 damage. It's so, so, much damage so early.

Can anyone confirm the overkill exp removal? I did a couple test mobs and it looked like I wasn't getting bonus exp but I am dumb so that doesn't say a whole lot. I could not find any other source on the internet saying overkills had been nerfed, just a bunch of people whining about barbarians overkilling (peltasta are so much better at overkilling anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did an Experience Calculator.

It's probably filled with bugs but feel free to use it.

• Locked thread