Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hawthorn is John cena. Older fans are sick to death of him but can't not respect his work, and he shifts a fuckton of kids merch.

People used to hate them but then they embraced the hate and people kinda came around to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Does that make Gil Vince McMahon?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
True that's probably a better likening. But I mean I *want* to like Cena again, but not Hawthorn.

Luke Hodge is HHH, Hird is Vince...or heel Shane.

Boomer is Flair.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

BT is King. Darcy is JBL

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

gay picnic defence posted:

Does that make Gil Vince McMahon?

Nah, Vince is Demetriou, Gil is Steph.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Ablett is Kurt Angle with fewer concussions

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Or is HBK like a combination of the Ablett's? A past as one of the best ever yet a drug using fuckwit, yet later one of the best ever but a pompous entitled God boy?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Basil Zempalis is Michael Hayes

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

This is utterly perfect

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

thepokey posted:

YES!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I think I'd genuinely like to hear Dennis as part of a wrestling commentary team. Bruce would be far too excitable (like Michael Cole on lots of caffeine).

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

pkid posted:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I took today off work to watch Wrestlemania and went and bought a whole bunch of beer to drink and then I worked out the show starts at 9am.

There could be a whole bunch of midday drunk posting.
Whoops.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

thepokey posted:

I think I'd genuinely like to hear Dennis as part of a wrestling commentary team. Bruce would be far too excitable (like Michael Cole on lots of caffeine).

isn't dennis' son a wrestler? hearing him commentate isn't an impossibility.

Also wrestling sucks. And so do the eagles :( talk about a loving hoodoo team! same margin as the GF even.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

There is some oval office in the lightning Port Adelaide jumper sitting in the loving front row of Wrestlemania behind the announcers.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
This is the worst derail ever

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I want these guys commentating AFL, and every other sport for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLZPNoVIyA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oS1aaFai2E

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

The Miz channeling his inner Richmond

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

thepokey posted:

Nah, Hayes was actually a big deal once upon a time.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

TG-Chrono posted:

This is the worst derail ever

:agreed:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

The Miz channeling his inner Richmond

Richmond announce their new signings, The Miz and Ben Stokes

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

and Ben Stokes

That was pretty Richmondesque!

Haven't seen the Port guy yet. Didn't someone have a big Norf flag or poster or something one year?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

The New Day has come as the Hawthorn Power Rangers

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I used to watch wrestling when I was doing FIFO and had nothing better to do on my RDO's but have never really watched it since. I was talking to a guy the other month about it though and he swore completely that "there's no way those guys are on steroids, maybe back in the day there was a bit of it but now it's clean" while I looked at him incredulously.

There's my wrestling story.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

I used to watch wrestling when I was doing FIFO and had nothing better to do on my RDO's but have never really watched it since. I was talking to a guy the other month about it though and he swore completely that "there's no way those guys are on steroids, maybe back in the day there was a bit of it but now it's clean" while I looked at him incredulously.

There's my wrestling story.

A girl I know refuses to believe that steroids are involved with many Hollywood physiques (Hugh Jackman's Wolverine body specifically). She tells me that anyone can look like that, it just takes a lot of work and discipline. That is just what normal, but health conscious, men look like champ. No drugs here.

realbez fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 4, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It's like I'm watching Dustin Fletcher fight a clone of himself

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Really lovely that they do a spot as risky as that for such a lovely match with no consequence whatsoever

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

realbez posted:

A girl I know refuses to believe that steroids are involved with many Hollywood physiques (Hugh Jackman's Wolverine body specifically). She tells me that anyone can look like that, it just takes a lot of work and discipline. That is just what normal, but health conscious, men look like champ. No drugs here.

Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans in the Avengers agree

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
The only Wrassling I'm familiar with is the Brian Lake variety.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

The only Wrassling I'm familiar with is the Brian Lake variety.

I'll put it to you in AFL terms. It's like Luke Hodge vs Robert Murphy or Gary Ablett

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

snaeksikn posted:

Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans in the Avengers agree

When everyone looks like Arnie, a man who has openly admitted taking roids for years and years, something might be up

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I wrote some stuff about the weekend. No heavy data analysis in this one, promise.
http://graft.grudnuk.com/outer/2016/04/2016-r02-review/

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

All I have to do is watch Wrestlemania as a reminder to never complain about AFL related things again - the rule changes, the poo poo coverage and commentary, the bad grand final entertainment, the inconsistent MRP etc. today was an exercise in watching a company actively trying to kill itself.

So yes, football!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

realbez posted:

There is nothing about Jackmans physique that says steroids but? He works out a lot and gets very cut for photoshoots, its not a miracle or anything like that.

95% of wrestlers are on them though, thats obvious as sin.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

All I have to do is watch Wrestlemania as a reminder to never complain about AFL related things again - the rule changes, the poo poo coverage and commentary, the bad grand final entertainment, the inconsistent MRP etc. today was an exercise in watching a company actively trying to kill itself.

So yes, football!

Between Melbourne, the flu, and wrestlemania it has been a really poo poo few days.

Thank god someone clued me in to watching the end of the T20 final on replay for some bright ray.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

There is nothing about Jackmans physique that says steroids but? He works out a lot and gets very cut for photoshoots, its not a miracle or anything like that.

i remember him mentioning in an interview when the second wolverine movie came out that he wouldnt drink any water for like 12 hours before shooting to dehydrate his body and look more cut. healthy habits

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ben Stokes' final over will be remembered in T20 folklore

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

95% of wrestlers are on them though, thats obvious as sin.

I didn't say he doesn't work out a lot, and I didn't say drugs are miracles

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
He's in awfully good shape for a 47 yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

He's also said the next Wolverine appearance is his last, because he's gotten too old to keep or get his body in that kind of shape

• Locked thread