Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Ok, try robbing a drug dealer's stash house and eat every single thing that you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

heres a pretty fun 9mm. the original magazine, on the left, is all hosed so i have to use modern ones

im terrified to clean the thing because im afraid itll explode in a shower of tiny nazi parts and ill never get it back together. i very rarely shoot it and let gunsmiths clean it when i do

notice the useless sights and my excellent taste in music

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The only gun channel that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuST1xl32hQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06aRQ-ejqmU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGih7eWI3E

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ChrisHansen posted:

I like the demolision ranch youtube channel but I think that guy owns too many guns.

Frankly I'll be very generous and say any number of guns over 15 is too many, unless they're actually of some historical significance

IMO it's pretty dumb to own more guns than you can handle at one time but I'm willing to allow for like robot arms or one of those Radio Flyer wagons

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

GIS "gun stroller"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

god bless America.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

i, personally, have a hiuuuuge gun

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i have the gun from in the line of fire

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I don't own a gun.

I live in a country where only about 5% of the population have one (legally), and there's rules and vetting and stuff. Most of those people have more than one. I don't know how many people have them illegally, probably a few but not enough to be a significant issue.

If I was into hunting or shooting I'd get one, but not really into it. No need to have one for defending property - my community is safe.

I don't care if other people have them though provided they've passed all the security checks and look after them responsibly, particularly near children.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

nothing i'd like more than to shoot a sonofabitch that says i can't have a gun

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

jarofpiss posted:

i have the gun from in the line of fire

big fan of your work, mr malkovich

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I own several guns. One being a NAA mini-22lr revolver with a belt buckle holster.

I got this gun for several reasons:
1) Texas is open carry for pistols now so I can actually wear it.
2) No one realizes it is a gun. If I open carry with it, I don't really fear that someone is going to try and mug me for it.
3) The way the buckle and gun are set up, there is zero chance of an ND.

Are you serious?

Are you heterosexual?

raton fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 5, 2016

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Like, I'll accept a few shotguns. A 12, 16 and 20 gauge all have different applications, as do a few different caliber rifles. Throw in a couple plinking guns and that's maybe 10 that can do anything you would ever need a gun for.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

Which gun would you get to, on a budget, blow your brains out because gently caress this gay earth? Also, to answer the op's question, this is why I do not own a gun yet.

Double barrel shotgun and a hacksaw obv

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Id give my left nut for a sawn off 12ga (or larger)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Isaac posted:

Id give my left nut for a sawn off 12ga (or larger)

i only take right nuts

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My right nut is my good one

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Id give my left foot for a sawn off 12ga (or larger)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

This is giving me deja vu did we already have this exchange

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Deja vu isn't real Issac

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

This world isn't real Isaac.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Arri posted:

Don't own one. Been thinking about getting one since as a gay guy all these Trump and Cruz supporters make me worried about the potential of being dragged behind a pickup.

Anyone want to recommend a good handgun for a poor to defend themselves with when civil war 2 happens? Was looking at some compact and subcompact glocks.

I dunno, you're a goon so not many people have the power to bumper-drag someone of your girth I bet.

Always get a Hipower if you're poor.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just went and checked the hole that coulda been my foot. Yep still a big hole

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This is a gun.

Yes, it is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I murdered a turkey today with my mossberg 835 :feelsgood:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

You can make a homemade slamfire shotgun with just a length of pipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhceWZiYPQ

The pressures are really low on shotgun rounds so it doesnt blow the pipe apart.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
clicked for full shot of sweater, was not dissapointed

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

fyodor posted:

You obviously haven't thought this through to the extent I have.

I don't think you've thought it through that much if "economical" is one of your criteria for a suicide weapon. You won't exactly be making payments on it.

Unless you are one of those poors who can't even get a line of credit :smith:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

JB50 posted:

You can make a homemade slamfire shotgun with just a length of pipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhceWZiYPQ

The pressures are really low on shotgun rounds so it doesnt blow the pipe apart.

What is hard to see is the bolt thrust from 12 ga is still pretty substantial, and if you have a relatively light breech piece it will blow the back end out of your hands at a very high speed.

Here's a no-poo poo mechanical engineer talking about it, and how he made one slightly more sophisticated than just pipe, but still the same concept, time linked to the test firing. His breech pieces flies out of his hands at 104 feet per second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbcMwPdoEd0

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

What is hard to see is the bolt thrust from 12 ga is still pretty substantial, and if you have a relatively light breech piece it will blow the back end out of your hands at a very high speed.

Here's a no-poo poo mechanical engineer talking about it, and how he made one slightly more sophisticated than just pipe, but still the same concept, time linked to the test firing. His breech pieces flies out of his hands at 104 feet per second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbcMwPdoEd0

Mark Serbu is a pretty smart guy, but this is funny:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

since some people are actually posting their guns for real here's my current favorite gun to shoot

it's a single shot pistol that you stick rifle rounds into, it's loud as poo poo and disrupts the concentration of other people at the range so whenever i shoot it other people stop to quietly joke with each other about my micropenis

i'd wanted one ever since i saw hard boiled as a kid so i bought one and boy was that a good decision

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
realtalk T/C single shots are great and the only reason i dont have an encore or a contender is because i most certainly would find an excuse to own every barrel ever for one and die broke, crushed under the weight of a mountain of steel tubes.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

since some people are actually posting their guns for real here's my current favorite gun to shoot

it's a single shot pistol that you stick rifle rounds into, it's loud as poo poo and disrupts the concentration of other people at the range so whenever i shoot it other people stop to quietly joke with each other about my micropenis

i'd wanted one ever since i saw hard boiled as a kid so i bought one and boy was that a good decision

is pimp

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
gun update: murdered another vile turkey in the name of horus

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I bet a not at all small amount of those have been towed by a rascal scooter at some point

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
its me im the jabrone at the range with some insanely loud rifle that is in one of those recoil preventing racks and im giving you tinnitus right before casually chatting with you

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Worst gun in this thread so far great job

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Please do not shoot pokémon, they are our friends

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sheep-Goats posted:

Worst gun in this thread so far great job

Nah, someone posted that Icelandic bullpup monstrosity earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless