Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

3030 p cool

edit: well crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Thread needs to reach 10000 so someone can post a "In the Year 2525" parody. (Unless someone already did one)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

Haha why is Sandi not visible in the viewfinder of the camera?

:aaa:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No joke I want this thread to last until Citizen Con 2016 at the very least. Let this thread grow to 10,000 pages.

185 days or 6 months, 2 days until Citizen Con 2016.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile at CIG.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/717840644438237184

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
what's the 8ace code reveal

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

what's the 8ace code reveal

nothing. It was a farce.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
the whole thread is

listen to inri

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Haskell9 posted:

Is 8Ace revealing secret poo poo poo poo as per usual or is he/are they convolutedly telling us to drink our Ovaltine?

Whatever that code is, it isn't intended to be broken. This kind of stuff tickles every engineering and OCD bone in my body, I really do not like to be beaten by a problem. This thing however, this thing can gently caress right off.

The only thing I got out of it was the second thing I tried, using it as a word count for Derek's OP. I got this:
latest comments and gardiner one sandi explains shows the star an in developments nothing colours engaged citizen enterprising

The last thing I tried was using it as a word/page count for The Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson - there's a character called The Mad Professor in that book. So far nothing.

8Ace's clue was ' 11'
There's a space before the numeral.

poo poo, I almost posted here that CIG can't even get a loving coded message right to tell us something, but luckily I stopped myself just in time.

e: imagine spending thousands of dollah on a game and then getting to watch the company gently caress about with felt hand puppets on youtube, and not realising that they are taking the complete piss out of you.

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 7, 2016

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
you are almost there delve deeper into the abyss

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SquirrelGrip posted:

you are almost there delve deeper into the abyss

Nah, it's actually wankery at this point. It rubs me the wrong way, I've blown up in a couple of companies and walked out and spilled the beans, that's just my personality. I totally understand why the vast majority of people don't do the same thing, but it still annoys me.

If the company really is as bad as everyone is hinting at, and people have genuine moral concerns, then do the right thing. It's kind of starting to look like SA is being played along just like the SC fans are being played.

But hey, that's just how I like, see it, you know?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

SomethingJones posted:

Whatever that code is, it isn't intended to be broken. This kind of stuff tickles every engineering and OCD bone in my body, I really do not like to be beaten by a problem. This thing however, this thing can gently caress right off.

The only thing I got out of it was the second thing I tried, using it as a word count for Derek's OP. I got this:
latest comments and gardiner one sandi explains shows the star an in developments nothing colours engaged citizen enterprising

The last thing I tried was using it as a word/page count for The Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson - there's a character called The Mad Professor in that book. So far nothing.

8Ace's clue was ' 11'

poo poo, I almost posted here that CIG can't even get a loving coded message right to tell us something, but luckily I stopped myself just in time.

e: imagine spending thousands of dollah on a game and then getting to watch the company gently caress about with felt hand puppets on youtube, and not realising that they are taking the complete piss out of you.

Its not a statement its a website ..... and its very real
In retrospect it was a really stupid and risky thing to do but that's tequila for you. Sorry for being a dick

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I just had a friend start working there so if therre's something specific I'd like to know....

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

EightAce posted:

In retrospect it was a really stupid and risky thing to do but that's tequila for you. Sorry for being a dick

Sorry for the salt 8Ace, it annoys me that I can't solve it and I always always keep going until I solve a problem, that's kind of what I do. And gently caress the risk man, if you guys are genuinely getting information out here and aren't loving with people then you are doing the right thing. I guarantee it will eat you up in years to come if you didn't do anything. It will eat you like that loving worm thing.

Also tequila good, whiskey better.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

SomethingJones posted:

Sorry for the salt 8Ace, it annoys me that I can't solve it and I always always keep going until I solve a problem, that's kind of what I do. And gently caress the risk man, if you guys are genuinely getting information out here and aren't loving with people then you are doing the right thing. I guarantee it will eat you up in years to come if you didn't do anything. It will eat you like that loving worm thing.

Just like how the code is eating into your brain :v:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

edit: if sandi's head can be 2.5x too big so can his.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

EightAce posted:

:vince:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SomethingJones posted:

8Ace's clue was ' 11'

The "code" is stupid. At first I thought it might be wall/shelf/volume references to a LoB thing, but that didn't work. Then I thought they might be ASCII character numbers, but that didn't make any sense either. Having all the numbers on a single line gives no clue on if or how they're grouped into page/number/characters or anything. Also ' 11' is a really poo poo "clue"

I'm thankful it's stupid enough for me to be able to not sperg away at it though

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Alan Smithee posted:

I just had a friend start working there so if therre's something specific I'd like to know....

Nothing specific and no E.L.E's or doom prophecies. Once again apologies for being a prick. Its out there now so if someone can crack it there is nothing I can do about that . But best left . As far as why people wont just come straight out and say stuff , its because based on what is said its very easy to identify who is saying it and then its career bye bye. Games industry is a strange and wondrous place one phone call can ensure that you never work again ......anywhere.
I would advise our new Texan friend to be aware of this as they can place location and timelines by what he has said. However if it is who i think it is he is long gone and got a nice gig elsewhere so fair play to him. It is no lie that some of these guys have PTS , Austin was the eye of the storm for a while .

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So...I guess it's good he'll be employed for another 6 months?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
id like to buy another hint please

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

SquirrelGrip posted:

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

SquirrelGrip posted:

I was going to Google for hint.jpg and try and make something funny about buying jpegs but then :effort:.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

EightAce posted:

nope

I have no interest in speculative info or stuff you already know.
Here is another clue:

' 11'

there are seven spaces before that 11 if you quote this post just saying

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

radd posted:

I was going to Google for hint.jpg and try and make something funny about buying jpegs but then :effort:.

I kinda wanna know so i held off fake clues

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi,

remember to call your parents every once in a while everyone. they probably miss you and would love to hear about what youre doing with your life these days

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

remember to call your parents every once in a while everyone. they probably miss you and would love to hear about what youre doing with your life these days

Thanks INRI I did just that. Now I might go outside. Life's good.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
311 352 10119 219 1029 54 1422 623 341

mean anything to anyone?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

they keep asking why I'm calling them so much, please advise

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you dont call you dont write

how do I know you're not lying in a ditch somewhere

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Daztek posted:

they keep asking why I'm calling them so much, please advise

you have probably neglected them and they are worried you want money for drugs

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

Haha why is Sandi not visible in the viewfinder of the camera?

it's an edit! :ssh: They were playing a "spot the difference" game.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

hakimashou posted:

there are seven spaces before that 11 if you quote this post just saying

seven space eleven... I got it! CIG is going to fire everyone and hire 7/11 workers at minimum wage from now on to cut costs! :eyepop:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
this thread is like that one drug friend friend that is hooked on conspiracy theories

you want to send them for help but you are a broken person who gets enjoyment out of the meltdowns about "the collective" so you sit back, chuckle and prod them along

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

cmdr_vinman posted:

Did you create this Brazilianpeanutwar? It is really cool !

It looks like it was made using something called Xgen in Maya.

No I just load a jpeg into 3d builder (I don't even remember downloading 3d builder I swear it just appeared on my laptop one day, weird) You should download it, it's free and it's mesmerising.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

I did actually call my mum, because she got her fingats squashed by a couple of pieces of wood and went to the hospital (no breaks, just lots and lots and lots of bruising and swelling). I was sympathising with her because my bird bit two of my fingats and took chunks out :saddowns:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
THE GAMER'S DOMINION PODCAST

quote:

Star Citizen
In today's episode, Genese talks with Eric Kieron Davis, a veteran video game senior producer who is working on the immersive science fiction game, Star Citizen. Eric is an award-winning producer and creative director for film, theater, video games, web, and literary genres. He is passionate about producing high quality content built to entertain. He is currently a senior producer for Star Citizen and holds valuable experience in cinematic, film, and video game production for various state-of-the-art companies such as Blizzard Entertainment. He is also the founder of the film production company, Sleepwalker Studios.

Davis was the creative director on the new adult novel, The Holder's Dominion, and won several awards for the book's cinematic trailer and innovative video game and suspenseful themes. As a creative director, Davis focuses on the creative vision of the project aiming to intrigue and excite an audience. As a producer, he is critically acclaimed for his passion to inspire and lead teams from concept to completion on a number of premium projects. To learn more, visit producedbyeric.com

17 minutes, so much bullshit yet a hint things might not go on if backers don't continue to support them...

22 minutes Star Citizen is like building a chair, only we are teaching the community to build it too.

29:30 mins
Question on Star Citizen, pc xbox or playstation?
PC right now, not trying to alienate anyone.

End - Hit me up on linkedin there's an exciting opportunity I want you to offer me.

AP fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 7, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Realtalk: I'm finding it a bit difficult to fault them for scrapping Star Marine. Merging the FPS gameplay into the PU was inevitable, and their idea of building up the game in modules was insane to begin with. They're not doing too hot when it comes to FPS features they promised as part of it, though.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ag Bengip posted:

Realtalk: I'm finding it a bit difficult to fault them for scrapping Star Marine. Merging the FPS gameplay into the PU was inevitable, and their idea of building up the game in modules was insane to begin with. They're not doing too hot when it comes to FPS features they promised as part of it, though.

realtalk: everything about it is unmitigated mismanaged poo poo, and it is doomed to fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ag Bengip posted:

Well if you think about it they only wasted a lot of time and money and it's not like those are going to run out.

• Locked thread