Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i am with cymelion, i dont want star citizen to be infested with these 'VR-people'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
lol who gives a poo poo if 8ace leaves he never revealed anything good and joined in with the cryptic posting bullshit which was the worst thing in the thread and that includes my posts

sorry nobody gave a poo poo about you as a person we just wanted the inside scoop on sc because thats what this is all about

if you cant post details then just shut up, dont post about how much you know but have ptsd and fear a hairy roberts in your bed

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Cymelion come join us.

We are your friends.

We're not like the others.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
News flash, folks: one day where CIG didn't self destruct with Chairgate 2.0 or get raided by the Feds doesn't mean that Derek and the CIG leakers are wrong. They are still running low on whales to milk and there is more backer unrest by the day.

Take your ADHD meds and wait for the next debacle instead of panicking because the ELE isn't here just yet

Over 3000 pages in six months and some of you are still treating this as a sprint and not a marathon. Go look at shitizen posts from the start of the thread if you think the end isn't coming.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 7, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

lol good job running off eightace you loving spergs

I'm glad of it

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
lol

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Thread's been real testy recently :(

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Okay, I think I figured out the " 11" Eightace was referring to.

What if it has some connection to this movie
Lucky Number Slevin,
Chris Roberts was on this movie as producer.

As someone pointed out there is an empty space before the ' 11"
Slevin = levin = eleven.

Just spitballing here.

Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy & Pride

I don't know how any of that could possibly fit with Star Citizen.

Edit wait, different movie.

AP fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 7, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

cocaine dad show posted:

:ironicat: at a star citizen fan saying that fans of another thing are worse than evangelicals

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

and this is cymelion of all people

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Instead let us laugh at the fact that in the future a capital ship is going to hold fewer people then a school bus

Maybe it is staffed by Sandi clones so they are ten times as efficient

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

hottubrhymemachine posted:

lol who gives a poo poo if 8ace leaves he never revealed anything good and joined in with the cryptic posting bullshit which was the worst thing in the thread and that includes my posts

sorry nobody gave a poo poo about you as a person we just wanted the inside scoop on sc because thats what this is all about

if you cant post details then just shut up, dont post about how much you know but have ptsd and fear a hairy roberts in your bed
You're a loving idiot, Eightace revealed a few things and corroborated stuff from Derek and ex-CIG guy.
Lol if the code poo poo got you upset, jfc maybe go cry to your mother about it instead of here.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nobody in the thread wants you to speak for them

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

AP posted:

Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy & Pride

I don't know how any of that could possibly fit with Star Citizen.

Lust : Ben
Gluttony : Ben?
Greed : Orwin
Sloth : Jared
Wrath: Sandy?
Envy: Sandy
Pride : Chris

I don't know man

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
It's that scene from They Live and Roddy Piper is trying to get Cymelion to try E:D with VR.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Palisader posted:

Thread's been real testy recently :(

I blame Derek for hyping up this big E.L.E none event.
Then again, its only a minor setback, doom will happen and it will be glorious.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

EightAce posted:

At the risk of offending anyone or turning this into a circus I will take my ball back and go home.:)

Some genuinely entertaining people on here and I'm sure you will be watching the ongoing performance keep up the good work gentlemen

You come right back here and sit down. You know how goons get when there's nothing immediate to feed on. They start turning on each other, throwing shitposts everywhere. Tomorrow someone'll get fired for not commenting on Sandy's new hairdo or some poo poo and we're all back on track as a united front.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Berious posted:

Didn't want stupid VR anyway. Chris' immersion animations are much better *sob*

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I love having the guy around but anyone who was banking on him to nail a deadline with his pronouncements has really not been paying any attention to this thread

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

cocaine dad show posted:

:ironicat: at a star citizen fan saying that fans of another thing are worse than evangelicals

You just have to mention VR, anywhere on the internet, and THERE THEY ARE! Spouting the same VR arguments, going on and on about VR this, VR that...

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

But don't you know the E.L.E like Star Marine is already in-game. This thread was merely the testbed for mechanics :smuggo:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Maybe I'm just still too new here, but the parallels between SC cultists getting hype over scraps and goonies getting hype over scraps are becoming a hard swallow for me.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Agreed IMO

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

his nibs posted:

But don't you know the E.L.E like Star Marine is already in-game. This thread was merely the testbed for mechanics :smuggo:

:vince:

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Probably. The thing is, outside of the noise that's been made in the thread, what has CIG done recently? Not Star Traders, not leakers, CIG themselves. Unless I'm completely missing something (which is likely) then they've gone from doing really overtly embarrassing things to just being sort of annoying to watch.

I think Ben looking visibly uncomfortable next to Roberts was the last one? Sandi's gone quiet, they haven't released a new ship or poo poo the bed during a concept sale, Chris is mush mouthing his way through SQ42...

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Maybe I'm just still too new here, but the parallels between SC cultists getting hype over scraps and goonies getting hype over scraps are becoming a hard swallow for me.

drat true. It happens a lot in mock threads that go on for a long time.

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013
Ben always looks visibly uncomfortable, though.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Derek has made a few interesting points recently, first on Austin, he admits plans can change and almost goes as far as saying he's not always right. The core of what he said was true though, a decision was made to kill Austin as meaningful CIG studio last year, meaning no disrespect to QA and the server guys but those roles can more easily be remote to management than others.

He also said "I try to obfuscate things a little in order to protect my sources", which is logical and glad to see he's doing it but also explains why he's vague sometimes. The 3 people leaving last week thing is specific, I don't think he's been wrong about anything apart from the timescale of when doom will fall, but those are predictions rather than facts.

If you have a total of 11 or so people leaving over the next couple of months, some high profile, I don't see how we couldn't notice. So as Chris Roberts would say "early days" for the E.L.E.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

If he said Gravis and voodoo I'd believe him. SBs were much easier to get working before the days of IRQ sharing. The early ones only used a single DMA channel and 2 IRQs. Getting a Gravis to work was a beast. Then you'd have to build a special game-only bootdisk to get all those drivers stuffed into himem so you had enough space to launch tie.exe

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

:dogbutton:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I'm not entirely convinced, at least as of this year, that the reason people who are leaving CIG are not more forthcoming with info is due to the claim that "with one phone call" people will never work in the industry again. There is not one person working at CIG who has the kind of pull. Just working at CIG at this point is its own demerit - they are the laughingstock of the entire industry now. It would be much easier to sell me on the idea that it's generally not a good idea in a relatively small industry to poo poo on anyone else, even someone as incompetent as CIG, and that doing so makes it harder to get a job because if you'll spout off about one company, you'll spout off about another. That I can get behind. People still working at CIG: get your asses out now. I'd argue that it's already too late, but it's going to get worse. Put your portfolio together and get the gently caress out of dodge.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Ag Bengip posted:

I don't really know what the tone is like on the RSI forums. I guess I agree with you in that Star Marine being scrapped wasn't so much a conscious decision as it was the inevitable result of mismanagement. They were obviously never "on the right track", and it's good that they're being ridiculed for their exceptional incompetence, but the people acting as if Star Marine was a feature they had been promised rather than a developmental springboard to Chris Roberts' vision of a feature complete Star Citizen are being dishonest. It's not legitimate criticism.

ahaha hi Logic Sol.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Loiosh posted:

If he said Gravis and voodoo I'd believe him. SBs were much easier to get working before the days of IRQ sharing. The early ones only used a single DMA channel and 2 IRQs. Getting a Gravis to work was a beast. Then you'd have to build a special game-only bootdisk to get all those drivers stuffed into himem so you had enough space to launch tie.exe

…but it was all worth it because GUS > *.*

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Palisader posted:

Probably. The thing is, outside of the noise that's been made in the thread, what has CIG done recently? Not Star Traders, not leakers, CIG themselves. Unless I'm completely missing something (which is likely) then they've gone from doing really overtly embarrassing things to just being sort of annoying to watch.

I think Ben looking visibly uncomfortable next to Roberts was the last one? Sandi's gone quiet, they haven't released a new ship or poo poo the bed during a concept sale, Chris is mush mouthing his way through SQ42...

They've been quiet because: Maintenance mode

If you were being generous, it would be caused by the back-end changes needed to (unfuck the servers) bring persistent items into the PU. But the actual answer is they have nothing to show because all their real work is going towards SQ42 and the dribbles they can spare are delivering tiny patches that fix 2 bugs. The latest Bugsmashers showed the entire work of one patch where they fixed an entity garbage collection bug. That was all of the fixes for 2.3.1D - https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ddqdz/ptu_231d_is_out/

It was 4 lines of code.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Tippis posted:

…but it was all worth it because GUS > *.*

gently caress yes. Kyrandia and Kings Quest and Monkey Island, oh my.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SomethingJones posted:

i'm just tired of people get run out of the thread for stupid bullshit

like when people ran out fuzzknot and bootcha, who gives a poo poo if fuzz's posts were annoying someone, just close your eyes and turn off your monitor it's not real. or you know just scroll down, nobody's forcing anybody to read these shitposts and cats. just skip pages, who cares, if something interesting happened people will still be talking about it 40+ pages in

posts by goons complaining about other goons posts are the worst, including this one i just made

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

T.G. Xarbala posted:

posts by goons are the worst

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Meanwhile, in EVE… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-PbDCyh6tI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012