Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
http://i.imgur.com/5nXk0j2.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm the corpse going to heaven but deciding hell is cooler halfway there

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

2 letters shy of Dabadoo.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

You are my BFB hero.

...meanwhile; did you know that elevators are not considered safe areas anymore?
Going down:
http://i.imgur.com/DlouXTp.gifv

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
Any late nighters at all? I only play after 11pm MT generally.

elnoseface
Jun 29, 2008
psn: elnoseface

I'm tired of running with randos with no mics. Level 30/51 up for challenging missions or dz.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gotta get this hat back to my stash ASAP

http://i.imgur.com/Bzxrg1S.gifv

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I know there's a few different high end weapons around either in drops or blueprints but it there only gun of each broad kind that's named like Damascus for sidearms, Midas for SMGs, Pakhan for LMGs?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm gonna be hitting 30 tonight for the first time, so if anybody ever needs an extra meat shield for Xbox -- Hockles10

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Got a cadukeus from some idiot side mission, this thing is kind of neat but I'm not sure it's much better than my lwm4

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Got a cadukeus from some idiot side mission, this thing is kind of neat but I'm not sure it's much better than my lwm4

It's great for you right now when you're not a DPS/health superstar. On challenge mode equip flashbangs. Flashbang a dide. Shoot the guy you flashbanged in the head with an extended mag. You will now immediately have another flashbang.

I used it all the time back before I started being able to run 175k+ dps with 75k+ health. Now not so much but I'll still Bust it out occasionally.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also it heals on crit. That perk is OP. Less so on ARs than SmGs bit still good.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What is even happening in the PC thread. :stare:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

lol I never bothered grinding past DZ rank 26 so I guess I'm good now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Lmao just rolled a chest piece with 1363 armor and reckless first try. Needs a reroll but that can wait. waddup 190k deeps

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

How is the matchmaking in this game so loving awful? From the start it has been bad, and every maintenance things seem to get worse. I'll set up matchmaking, then the game will sometimes take me to a loading screen where I'm in a queue, and once I reach the end of the queue I go right back to wherever I was without a group. That's most of the time. Then when I actually do find a group, it's either disbanded or it puts me somewhere seemingly at random on the map, no where near the actual mission.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Crosspostin' from the main thread. I'm working on L14 DZ dude...:

Sandweed posted:

I've gotten good drops from the DZ, and from challenge mode bosses, but crafting is where most of the stuff I use is from.

Drops from the DZ: 2 attachments, backpack (also a midas I don't use)
From bosses: SRS Covert, vest, 1 attachment, SCAR-L
Crafting: mask, super 90, gloves, knee pads, vector, MP5, black market AK, holster.

You avoid gear with +xp on kills, don't activate the security wing until you are 14 since the perk you get immediately gives you a 10% boost to XP gains. Only do supply missions and story stuff, focus on medical wing.

I have a 14 with Overdose, all the medkit perks, scanner upgrade, security link, BFB and filter lvl 4.

EDIT: Once you get to DZ rank 30 the Rank 30 chests will shower you in purple gear, and you can use your DZ creds to buy stuff from the vendors in the checkpoints/safe houses. If you group with someone that are already DZ 30 they can open the chests for you. Kill any lvl 14* you run across that is DZ rank 30+ their bags are full of purples to probably. Any purple gear you don't use you send to your main for deconstruction.

*Kill everyone all the time, manhunt is fun.

Nice. That's basically what I've been doing but avoiding armor/gear with xp bonus is a bit tough since it seems like EVERYTHING drops with that. I'm hoping some nice goons will help me get through some of the tougher encounters for the big supply rewards.

So if anyone wants to help me out, I'm Wade_2340 on PSN. Will buy you premie or a avatar or soemthing for your trouble.

Anyway, gearwise for L14 DZ, I'm thinking marksman rifle and a drat good SMG?

ericthebear
Mar 4, 2011

Verisimilidude posted:

How is the matchmaking in this game so loving awful? From the start it has been bad, and every maintenance things seem to get worse. I'll set up matchmaking, then the game will sometimes take me to a loading screen where I'm in a queue, and once I reach the end of the queue I go right back to wherever I was without a group. That's most of the time. Then when I actually do find a group, it's either disbanded or it puts me somewhere seemingly at random on the map, no where near the actual mission.

I think a lot of this is people trying ineffectually to form supergroups. Your best bet is to go to the mission in your instance, matchmake, and do all the inviting instead of joining. Otherwise its a crap shoot where the host is and you could get moved to a random safe area near them.

Also a question, best gear is coins->blueprints->crafting right? Full ilvl 30 from challenging missions only got me, 123k dps 66k health when seems lower than what I've seen elsewhere.

Looking for goons for coins and DZ
PSN ericthebear42

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm kind of starting to wrap my head around the numbers of this game. Right now I want to prioritize getting my armor up, which I think is around 54%?

Let me throw some ballpark numbers at you off the top of my head :

Primary DPS - 114K
Health - 90k
Skill - can't remember

Firearms - 1889
Stamina - ~3000
Electronics - ~2300

Do I have enough of a buffer in the health department to drop it down for a lot more dps? Should I be on the lookout for firearms mods to put on my stamina gear? More firearms gear in general?

I can do pretty well surviving manhunts, but when it's time to fight I don't really feel like I'm pulling my weight.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

el B posted:

I'm kind of starting to wrap my head around the numbers of this game. Right now I want to prioritize getting my armor up, which I think is around 54%?

Primary DPS - 114K
Health - 90k
Skill - can't remember

Firearms - 1889
Stamina - ~3000
Electronics - ~2300

Do I have enough of a buffer in the health department to drop it down for a lot more dps? Should I be on the lookout for firearms mods to put on my stamina gear? More firearms gear in general?

I can do pretty well surviving manhunts, but when it's time to fight I don't really feel like I'm pulling my weight.

I wouldn't really worry about it all that much until the 12th because all the changes are going to shift the meta quite a bit. Stockpile as many credits, birdcoins and high-end materials as you can and wait.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

el B posted:

Primary DPS - 114K
Health - 90k
Skill - can't remember

Firearms - 1889
Stamina - ~3000
Electronics - ~2300

165k/90k firearms stam with 65% armor DR is the current gold standard. drop your electronics.

but yeah this might all change

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hey Hockles, if you're still looking for group fun, let's tag up and nail some challenge runs tonight. I'm getting my completion times for Lexington down to ~15min in public groups.
If you aren't on I'll be working through a second character because I convinced a friend to pick this up and it's still a really solid game before hitting lvl30.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Vatek posted:

I wouldn't really worry about it all that much until the 12th because all the changes are going to shift the meta quite a bit. Stockpile as many credits, birdcoins and high-end materials as you can and wait.
Word

KFBR392 posted:

165k/90k firearms stam with 65% armor DR is the current gold standard. drop your electronics.

Thanks

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Alteisen posted:

What is even happening in the PC thread. :stare:

loving comedy.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Dudes are getting rolled on, loving owned even.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'll eventually suck my own dick :unsmith:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bill NYSE posted:

Hey Hockles, if you're still looking for group fun, let's tag up and nail some challenge runs tonight. I'm getting my completion times for Lexington down to ~15min in public groups.
If you aren't on I'll be working through a second character because I convinced a friend to pick this up and it's still a really solid game before hitting lvl30.

I should be on, but not too late. What's your gamertag?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hockles posted:

I should be on, but not too late. What's your gamertag?
I'm R0BERTC0P. I added you earlier today :)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bill NYSE posted:

Good move, creep.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

KFBR392 posted:

I shifted my gear around once to push my stats into firearms/stamina and with my skill power as low as it was the first aid skill would only restore 1 to 1.5 bars of health. With all my stats hovering around 2k I can go from being at death's door to full overheal with first aid. Was my game bugging out or is there another way players are healing with low skill power?

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Shoren posted:

I shifted my gear around once to push my stats into firearms/stamina and with my skill power as low as it was the first aid skill would only restore 1 to 1.5 bars of health. With all my stats hovering around 2k I can go from being at death's door to full overheal with first aid. Was my game bugging out or is there another way players are healing with low skill power?

You don't heal with the first aid skill, you use the booster shot to get damage boost and pop survivor link in an emergency. You're constantly regening health because you have a bugged regen mask and you use a medkit to heal because there's absolutely no delay. All you need is 1.5 bars because you heal from the first bar above the threshold to trigger the normal regen for the third bar on top of your bugged regen mask's regen.

Current DZ PvP is built entirely around survivor link and loving bugs like this poo poo and double revive.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bill NYSE posted:

Thanks to this cool dude, I was able to run (get carried through) Lexington a handful of times and get my first yellow loot!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I got a yellow drop on the last go-around! It was a worthless mask, but free materials are always appreciated. Afterwards, I hit the exact birdcoin requirement for a stamina gear mod and electronics backpack so I'm looking forward to rolling a bunch more on the challenges to scoop up those coins.

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
DZ is going to be mental come the Tuesday patch so any PSN goons add me if you don't have me already

PSN: Akapursch

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

For the people who don't visit the pc thread
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-245982-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

quote:

Increase drop rates of High-End items on named NPCs (100% drop rate, actually)
Increase drop rates of Division Tech, to make it less of a bottleneck than it currently is
("we will also increase drop rates of Division Tech materials to 40% on level 32 named enemies in the Dark Zone.")
Modify loot tables for each named NPC, to make the hunt for loot more controlled
Increase conversion costs of lower quality materials to high quality ones, making it harder to convert low quality materials into high quality ones
Decrease construction yields, making it less interesting to farm lower quality items in order to obtain crafting materials, and because youll get more High-End items as a whole
Increase cost of crafting High-End items, because High-End materials will be much easier to come by
These changes will not only make crafting and dropping more coherent towards each other, but will also make it feel much more fun and rewarding.
Re: the first point, certain names NPCs will drop certain kinds of HE items. So if you want a M1A you can go kill a specific NPC

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 7, 2016

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
So running in the North DZ with a crew is going to be super rewarding now. Farm named enemies all day for HE items and divtech drops increased.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

KFBR392 posted:

You don't heal with the first aid skill, you use the booster shot to get damage boost and pop survivor link in an emergency. You're constantly regening health because you have a bugged regen mask and you use a medkit to heal because there's absolutely no delay. All you need is 1.5 bars because you heal from the first bar above the threshold to trigger the normal regen for the third bar on top of your bugged regen mask's regen.

Current DZ PvP is built entirely around survivor link and loving bugs like this poo poo and double revive.

Motherfucker, this explains the two man group that was able to survive six people firing at them. Even if one of them got downed the other could survive being in the open and revive his buddy while getting shot up. :psyduck:

Makes me feel a bit better about my comparatively poor PVP skills. My build's "legitimate" and doesn't use that mask; though I'm starting to think having a straight 2k/2k/2k build is going to hamstring me in the long run.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Where do you get the bugged regen mask? What level is it?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
:siren:Xim4 chat:siren:

Anybody know if there is a way to bind keys to make my dude auto-run? Seems like a p neat thing those pc guys got going on over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

el B posted:

:siren:Xim4 chat:siren:

Anybody know if there is a way to bind keys to make my dude auto-run? Seems like a p neat thing those pc guys got going on over there.

MAN THAT poo poo IS GAY

• Locked thread