Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
billy cuts
Aug 14, 2003

wrists of fury
Buglord

SalTheBard posted:

Got tickets for NXT in Salina KS. Anyone else going?

I'll be there as well. I was only able to get third row seats, but hopefully I'll still be able to see okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Angular Landbury posted:

The pre-sale tax were largely godawful nosebleeds (Aside from a few who magically got front row?) so we are expecting/hoping they are going to be better today.

I managed to snag a 6th row seat during the presale. Woop!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

wish i could have remembered to do the seattle presale, but section 2 row K doesnt' seem so bad. never had a chance at ringside it seems

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

St Evan Echoes posted:

Got tickets for NXT in Belfast in June. If there's no Nakamura I'm gonna lose my poo poo

Be honest, you're gonna lose your poo poo if he's there, too.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
there is a greater than 0% chance that i'll get to see Nakamura vs Andrade/Sombra tonight in Columbia, SC of all places.

pro graps is insane in 2016.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
As much as I want to see Nakamura and Asuka stiff-kick peoples' faces in, Ticketmaster—the money-grubbing scumbastards—have reserved the first few rows of every English date for their 'platinum' bullshit and scalpers on GetMeIn—hey, also owned by Ticketmaster—took the rest in an unannounced presale, so I'm looking at £200+ to get in the first ten rows of an untaped house show. For reference, the first 5 rows or so of TakeOver London were about £110.

Thinking I might just pay an asian hooker to stamp on my nuts for ten minutes and get the same effect for less.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah ticketmaster suck rear end and should be investigated. I had a spare U.K. NXT ticket that I sold on stubhub last year, as my friend couldn't come after, and the amount of charges both parties see on that site is unbelievable. Like, the seller may see about £50 from an £80 purchase.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Via: http://411mania.com/wrestling/second-nxt-live-event-report-4-07-16-concord-nc/

quote:

Asuka made Peyton Royce tap out to the Asuka Lock. Before the match, Eva Marie came on stage to announce she had “stolen” the Women’s Championship Belt, and Asuka could get it back if she were woman enough to put the belt on the line the next night (tonight) in Columbia. Not really the squash that you might expect. Peyton got a fair amount of offense in, but the finish was never in doubt.

The story I was told was that they forgot to bring the NXT Women's Championship. Eva held something wrapped it in a towel and passed it off as the title.

Also this:

quote:

Interesting to note, Finn wore trunks with just the word Bulletproof across the back. He also held up a sign after the match that asked “Where are Doc and Karl?”

St Evan Echoes posted:

Got tickets for NXT in Belfast in June. If there's no Nakamura I'm gonna lose my poo poo

He's for sure on the Dublin date. So yeah you will see him.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

billy cuts posted:

I'll be there as well. I was only able to get third row seats, but hopefully I'll still be able to see okay.

I got row B, section 5. I'm pretty pumped for the show.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I've got tickets for download festival and I'm pretty glad NXT got added as the line up was pretty lame up until now.

I'm just curious how it's going to be set up as I'm not staying onsite

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

pressedbunny posted:

As much as I want to see Nakamura and Asuka stiff-kick peoples' faces in, Ticketmaster—the money-grubbing scumbastards—have reserved the first few rows of every English date for their 'platinum' bullshit and scalpers on GetMeIn—hey, also owned by Ticketmaster—took the rest in an unannounced presale, so I'm looking at £200+ to get in the first ten rows of an untaped house show. For reference, the first 5 rows or so of TakeOver London were about £110.

Thinking I might just pay an asian hooker to stamp on my nuts for ten minutes and get the same effect for less.

if you don't go you won't be part of an organic chant that Full Sail will later steal

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Hadn't thought of that. £200 to chant names to the tune of 90s one-hit-wonder Eurodance songs is a steal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Eep

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/718537891266314242

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nice, another Nakamura-La Sombra match!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
huh, surprised Bayley isn't on that tour. Asuka/Eva Marie sounds rough, though not nearly as rough as Alex Riley vs Elias Samson

still, seems like a good show given the main and Nakamura/La Sombra

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

there is a greater than 0% chance that i'll get to see Nakamura vs Andrade/Sombra tonight in Columbia, SC of all places.

pro graps is insane in 2016.

called it lol

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Riley vs Samson

holy poo poo who do you root for

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

huh, surprised Bayley isn't on that tour. Asuka/Eva Marie sounds rough, though not nearly as rough as Alex Riley vs Elias Samson

still, seems like a good show given the main and Nakamura/La Sombra

Bayley is Wrestling at the NXT show in Gainesville, FL. The Flordia shows this weekend are bizarrely absent from the WWE.com events section.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

Riley vs Samson

Samson's new to the gimmick so there's a slight chance he'll eventually find his footing and turn people around like Corbin. Riley has been actively terrible for years now. It's not an easy pick, but I give it to Samson by a hair.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sticklefifer posted:

Riley vs Samson

Who cares, you'll be in the line for the rest room/bar at that point anyway.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I wonder who goes over in the Riley/Samson match now that they've already ended Samson's streak.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just have both guys lose

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Blake in solo matches and no Murphy or Alexa... are they off getting married or something?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Benne posted:

Just have both guys lose

Samoa Joe stomps out and destroys them both.

Not because he's pissed because he lost in Dallas. Just because he's a big fat angry Samoan.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Benne posted:

Just have both guys lose

Heath Slater pins them both.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kvantum posted:

Blake in solo matches and no Murphy or Alexa... are they off getting married or something?

I kinda feel like the team's run its course since Alexa's by far the most interesting part of the stable. They have no real direction and NXT is good at retooling people to get them over. Alexa/Murphy as a RL couple unit could have plenty of mileage, while Blake could probably benefit from another tag partner. I can see either of them being in sort of a Jason Jordan situation.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

sticklefifer posted:

NXT is good at retooling people to get them over.

Are they?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I don't know if they need to break up necessarily — team BAMF is still pretty great and there's probably a lot of stuff they could do with them. But they feel a little lost in the current shuffle without a lot to do, kind of like the Vaudevillains.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Well, they did debut on SmackDown, so at least they have a chance to have a feud on the main roster instead of being forgotten about on NXT.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/718585787818770432

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Carmella sucks anyway

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
shes cute

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I hope she comes up with them eventually, but having it just the two of them for the debut on RAW was the right call.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Gaz2k21 posted:

I've got tickets for download festival and I'm pretty glad NXT got added as the line up was pretty lame up until now.

I'm just curious how it's going to be set up as I'm not staying onsite

I also already have download tickets, very pumped now! Get to wear my Nakamura outfit once more. Also apart from the headliners and babymetal, there arent that many bands i want to see, so this was a very welcome addition.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

having nxt at festivals is one of their better ideas

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm happy to see Patrick Clark on the tour. I think that kid is gonna be great.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Baby Babbeh posted:

I don't know if they need to break up necessarily — team BAMF is still pretty great and there's probably a lot of stuff they could do with them. But they feel a little lost in the current shuffle without a lot to do, kind of like the Vaudevillains.

BAMF is a great utility team that got lost in the shuffle because their deal was being good as a team and then the Revival came along and blew them out of the water at their specialty. I'm not really sure where they go from here because AA will likely hold the belts for awhile, so there won't be a need for building up face challengers. Maybe try a Buddy singles run as a heel with Alexa as his acknowledged girlfriend?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Super No Vacancy posted:

having nxt at festivals is one of their better ideas

that festival is actually run by the PROGRESS people (or more accurately vice versa) iirc

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Drifter vs ARy died the death that one would hope.

There was a chant for freebird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Eltoasto posted:

I hope she comes up with them eventually, but having it just the two of them for the debut on RAW was the right call.
It's because her and Cass are dating and Vince hates happy people.

She does need more ring experience though.

• Locked thread